Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Yes, they are very strange individuals indeed. I think it's very telling that neither one of them has kept a job for more than a few months at a time. They're far too entitled to work for a living. I think the van trip was another excuse not to have to find real jobs and the baby is her latest excuse to not work. Corbin may be controlling, but Kelsey likes it that way because she's made it very clear she has no intention of supporting herself. She's expected to be a "kept woman" since the day she got married. Her parents took care of her, and now her husband takes care of her. She really is at arrested development.
freshEyremom
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by freshEyremom »

How much do you want to bet the house is already bought or rented? Like when Missy showed them at a 'friends' pool but it was really their new house and they lied and hid it, but couldn't resist filming there. They are all spoiled assholes. I guess I shouldn't complain. I don't have to have people comment on everything from my baby's squished newborn face to my spouse's nickname for me. No amount of money is worth that.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Corbin said in today's vlog that they're going to "apply to a couple [houses] and see what happens." That sounds like they're looking at rentals.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I still think they'll be on the Lump's payroll, but it doesn't look like they're buying them a house. Corbin does not seem impressed with southern California. It doesn't look like they can afford something new and modern on their budget. I think the house Bryan and Missy lived in before the million dollar home was nicer and more spacious than the homes Corbin and Kelsey are looking at now.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I still think they'll be on the Lump's payroll, but it doesn't look like they're buying them a house. Corbin does not seem impressed with southern California. It doesn't look like they can afford something new and modern on their budget. I think the house Bryan and Missy lived in before the million dollar home was nicer and more spacious than the homes Corbin and Kelsey are looking at now.
I think I've written here before that Kelsey wants to move more than Corbin. Kelsey wants to be near Missy, but Corbin is the one who likes Portland. Even in the sticks part of SoCal where DBs live it's still quite expensive. I think Corbin likes his modern mini apartment a block from food trucks. Moving to SoCal (at least the Murrieta area) will be culture shock of boredom and nothing around - Corbin has said he hates the idea of living in the suburbs. Well, he's sold his soul to the 'burbs life now!!!
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I think Corbin wants to move just as much, because honestly he seems to run the show and Kelsey just goes along with him. If Corbin didnt want to move they wouldnt be moving.

Theyre definitely moving to make it easier to be on the Lumps payroll. I hope theyre smart enough not to be renting a house from the Lumps as well because it wont be long before Corbin cant handle working for Bryan. To start with Corbin has no work ethic, but to work for Bryan would SUCK no matter who you are.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I think Corbin wants to move just as much, because honestly he seems to run the show and Kelsey just goes along with him. If Corbin didnt want to move they wouldnt be moving.

Theyre definitely moving to make it easier to be on the Lumps payroll. I hope theyre smart enough not to be renting a house from the Lumps as well because it wont be long before Corbin cant handle working for Bryan. To start with Corbin has no work ethic, but to work for Bryan would SUCK no matter who you are.
I think Corbin is attracted to the financial benefits of moving to Southern CA, whether that's through cross-promotion with the Lumps' channel or an actual job working for them. He knows that his numbers jump whenever Bryan and Missy's family are in his vlogs. But I don't think he's attracted to Southern CA itself. He complained about the heat, and he hasn't filmed a house tour for a property that he actually likes. He didn't even want to rent a single family home in Portland because it wasn't to his standards. The houses they're looking at are very suburban, and I think he's under the impression he's too hip for that. I think Kelsey is totally on board with being in the suburbs and being a suburban mom. Corbin still lives in this fantasy world where he's a hip Portlandian.

I feel like these two completely change gears every 6 months. They moved to Portland, but then Corbin quit his job and suddenly their preparing for this cross-country road trip. Once the road trip gets under way they decided they're going to start trying to get pregnant. Then they're rushing to finish the trip because you can't get prenatal care on a road trip and you can't have a baby when you're living in a van. They settle in Portland, and now they've changed their mind and they're moving to Southern CA. I think ultimately Kelsey will be happier, but I think Corbin is going to self-implode. His ego and Bryan's ego can't co-exist long-term.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Dang, they were planning to move TOMORROW? I wonder if they'd been planning this all along or why it's suddenly happening so fast??? I guess they'll be staying with DBs. I wonder why the house they wanted fell through. It does sound like they are renting, so I'm guessing they don't have great credit and/or no reliable proof of income. Makes me wonder if DBs didn't/couldn't co-sign for them.

If that's the case, they might not find a house to rent for quite awhile! Renting a home from a homeowner or a small property management company is usually harder to be approved than a corporate-owned apartment like where they live now. My parents use a small property management company for their rental properties and they still screen all the applications. Corbin and Kelsey could definitely have a lot of red flags as potential renters - especially when it comes to income.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:Dang, they were planning to move TOMORROW? I wonder if they'd been planning this all along or why it's suddenly happening so fast??? I guess they'll be staying with DBs. I wonder why the house they wanted fell through. It does sound like they are renting, so I'm guessing they don't have great credit and/or no reliable proof of income. Makes me wonder if DBs didn't/couldn't co-sign for them.

If that's the case, they might not find a house to rent for quite awhile! Renting a home from a homeowner or a small property management company is usually harder to be approved than a corporate-owned apartment like where they live now. My parents use a small property management company for their rental properties and they still screen all the applications. Corbin and Kelsey could definitely have a lot of red flags as potential renters - especially when it comes to income.
So true, a corporate leasing office is going to be in a position to take more risks with rents for a large apartment complex. For a single family home, their credit scores and self-employed status is going to be a barrier, especially if they're competing against other applicants with good credit and stable incomes. They'll probably find something once school has been in session for a few weeks and no one is really looking to move, except I'm betting the inventory will be low and it will be slim pickings. If they wanted to move this soon, they should have moved at the beginning of summer. I'm guessing they gave their apartment leasing office the notice that they wanted to leave and the leasing office already rented out the apartment to new renters.

These two are in their late twenties, and they still can't figure out moving logistics. Things will always be a "disaster" for them because they have no concept of how to do basic adult things.
crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

Meh...all they would have to do is front all the rent money for the lease term ahead of time. Wonder why the DB's didn't offer to do that for them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I could be wrong, but I don't think Bryan is on board with subsidizing Corbin's family to that degree. Maybe Missy talked him into helping to fund their van trip, and subsidize their vacations together, but I never got the impression Bryan was all that close to Kelsey and Corbin and he doesn't seem to share Missy's attachment to them. If Missy and Bryan were in the business of such large cash gifts, I'm sure they would have given them the down-payment on a house. They're seemingly not doing this, so I wonder if Bryan put his foot down. Perhaps Corbin is moving his family to California to either work for Bryan or utilize their popularity to grow their channel because Bryan is no longer offering free money.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

crew96 wrote:Meh...all they would have to do is front all the rent money for the lease term ahead of time. Wonder why the DB's didn't offer to do that for them...
You mean pay rent upfront for a standard 12-month lease for a house in SoCal? That would likely be around $30,000 - if not more. They definitely don't have that much money. They don't even seem to get by financially without an allowance (LOL) from Missy and Bryan as it is.

And, I agree, that Bryan definitely doesn't seem as excited to have them around - and paying for them - like Missy does.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Aww, come on! B&M drop $10 grand on vacations several times a year. They could do a do a six month lease up front for C&K. Teasing, of course-- Corbin needs to get a J O B.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Some guys are dicks and refuse to work. Some say its anxiety or panic attacks keeping them from working/ providing. I wonder if its part of his controlling personality, he had to know what kelsey is doing at all times. Juniper will grow up to hate him, no sleepovers, is understandable in this day and age, but he's going to have her locked up and isolated.. Kinda like "we cant go to the playground she gets chased"

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

onbreak wrote:Some guys are dicks and refuse to work. Some say its anxiety or panic attacks keeping them from working/ providing. I wonder if its part of his controlling personality, he had to know what kelsey is doing at all times. Juniper will grow up to hate him, no sleepovers, is understandable in this day and age, but he's going to have her locked up and isolated.. Kinda like "we cant go to the playground she gets chased"
Corbin and Kelsey weren't like this at all in their early vlogs when they lived in Southern Oregon, where Kelsey was in school/worked as a nanny and Corbin DID work full-time. They weren't together 24/7 and they even left Paris at home alone! I'm not sure what the heck happened to them to end up so codependent and Corbin being so controlling. Corbin was still pretty annoying back then, but not nearly as conceited and self-absorbed as he is now. My guess is being "friends" with DBs gave them BIG egos for no reason.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I haven't watched the vlog today, but I see they are overwhelmed already lol.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

This was only a year-and-a-half ago (January 2016) and they'd only JUST hit 15K subs - all thanks to DBs. Now they have baby, are closing in on 200K and moving to SoCal. Things change FAST! Actually, even B&M seem a bit less douchey back then too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOOPK_Jfzmw
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

I'm betting they're gearing up to move into Mimi and Papa's house. It's just too convenient to me that they had to hurry and rush a move for no real reason at all. Its easy to say all their homes fell through and then that house just fell into their laps.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Tiger27 wrote:I'm betting they're gearing up to move into Mimi and Papa's house. It's just too convenient to me that they had to hurry and rush a move for no real reason at all. Its easy to say all their homes fell through and then that house just fell into their laps.
Missy's parents' house is sale pending - so someone already has an approved offer. It's totally not K&C, who most likely couldn't get a mortgage with their lack of consistent income, debt and likely poor credit score.

I think they are going to have problems even finding a house to rent!

SN: Anyone else thinking they wanted to move down this weekend (which seemed rushed) so they could have a viewing party with DBs of that weird reality show they sold van vlog footage to?? I mean, they can't even watch it at their apartment because they don't have cable. Maybe that's why Kelsey seemed so upset.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I agree, it's going to be hard to rent a single family home as two self-employed individuals who haven't been self-employed for very long. They only started making decent money on YouTube as their sole source of income a few months ago. You're income needs to be stable and well-documented. They'll probably have to pay quite a bit upfront, and they're going to easily get beat out by other applicants with good credit and stable income. They'll probably have to wait until school is in full swing and the competition for rentals goes down. But I don't think they're going to get the home of their dreams, they're probably going to have to settle.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”