Off-Topic Banter Part 2

TaylorKnows

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 2

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

So today we had voting for mayor in our town. I chose not to vote, even though it's my first opportunity to. I honestly no nothing about the candidates. I'm sorry, but nothing EVER happens in this town. The mayor's job is big, but honestly, I'd rather bother myself over the presidential election. I realize what happens in this town affects me, but I've been stressed and busy in my own life to worry about this. Like I said, call me in 2015/2016 when we're getting this tool out of office. My dad got on all over me for not going with them to vote. Sorry, not sorry. I also would never go vote with him. He's a Republican, I'm a Democrat. We can't even have a civil convo on politics.

Sorry, needed to rant.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

We had voting for House of Delegates, Attorney General, Governor, & Lieutenant Governor here in VA. I'm not affiliated with any one political party and so I just voted for those who matched my beliefs. My family is straight Republican but my husband votes like I do. :)

And for dinner I whipped up some Cajun chicken, roasted potatoes with garlic & parsley, and corn. We always try to have a meat, starch, and veggie at every dinner. :)
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

We've been having lots of scandals over here with our government and the mayor of Toronto.
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

cakewalked wrote:This gets confusing because my name is Ashley too. ;)
I downloaded this weight loss app. Apparently I've I only eat 800 calories a day I can lose seven pounds in 25 days.
Are you going to try that? If so be very careful.

I just switched all my drinks to water and took a cleanser and lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks. Maybe try something like that.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Awwww...you're teensy. I'm 5'8.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I feel like a giant sometimes. I'm only 5'6 and a bit not quite 5'7 . is it quarter or half when measuring? I just say 5'6 but if you want to get technical it's 5' 6 and half or whatever the real term is.
thegooseiscooked

I've always been really tall but feel like a midget now. Hubby is well over 6', my 13 year old son is just shy of 6' and my 10 year old daughter meets me eye to eye.

I don't know about halves and quarters thing, we actually go by centimetres in Australia but I still convert to feet and inches.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

.... I'm 5 ft. My nana is a dwarf ( not really she is 4 ft 11 ) and I ended up inheriting that. My mum is 5'3 and my 15 year old sister is 5'5. My 12 year old brother just caught up with me so next year I expect him to sprout to 6ft by the time he is 16.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
thelittlefamilyof3
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by thelittlefamilyof3 »

Well, this has been lovely.

Like I said time and time again...Feel free to talk about me. As far as I'm concerned, everyone who is on YT is fair game.

For those seeking an explanation regarding the whole Jess comparison, My IUD had come out of place and I had no clue. I've never been able to feel it or feel the strings, and the last well check I had at the OB, everything was where it should be. That, however, was a few months before we conceived. Getting pregnant twice (accidentally) in the span of 2 years doesn't really put me on Jess level. That's a bit of a stretch, and simply because of your personal feelings towards me. And that is all I will say about that.
http://fattypcosnomore.blogspot.com/
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

subject99 wrote:I feel like a giant sometimes. I'm only 5'6 and a bit not quite 5'7 . is it quarter or half when measuring? I just say 5'6 but if you want to get technical it's 5' 6 and half or whatever the real term is.
I can't remember if you're in the GTA like me, but I feel the same! I'm just 5'7, and in stores and malls I almost always feel tall. Except around those Nordic types we also have around here, where the women are 6 ft. tall. I feel that the average is less that 5'4 around here.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

thegooseiscooked wrote:I've always been really tall but feel like a midget now. Hubby is well over 6', my 13 year old son is just shy of 6' and my 10 year old daughter meets me eye to eye.

I don't know about halves and quarters thing, we actually go by centimetres in Australia but I still convert to feet and inches.
Yes we do cm here too for everything. I do convert to feet and inches.

Well I did a guestimation thing for my son and he is suppose to be 6'4 by the time he is 18. We have lots of talk people in our two family's. The shortest person is my mum at 5'2 and the rest of us are 5'6 and above. My bio dad is 6'4 my sons dad is 6'2 and his side of the family everyone is well over 5'6-6'2.

How old are you goose?
thegooseiscooked

Lol, that's a grey area ;)

37 at last count. Grandma of the group.
Last edited by thegooseiscooked on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

gypsophila wrote:
subject99 wrote:I feel like a giant sometimes. I'm only 5'6 and a bit not quite 5'7 . is it quarter or half when measuring? I just say 5'6 but if you want to get technical it's 5' 6 and half or whatever the real term is.
I can't remember if you're in the GTA like me, but I feel the same! I'm just 5'7, and in stores and malls I almost always feel tall. Except around those Nordic types we also have around here, where the women are 6 ft. tall. I feel that the average is less that 5'4 around here.
Yes indeed. I just went to T.O yesterday.
Now that you mention the average I want to know statisticly what is the average for Ontario or Canada as a whole.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

thegooseiscooked wrote:Lol, that's a grey area ;)

37 at last count.
29 just like last year :P.
thegooseiscooked

subject99 wrote:
thegooseiscooked wrote:Lol, that's a grey area ;)

37 at last count.
29 just like last year :P.
It really does depend on the mood I'm in. :P
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

cakewalked wrote:
briannaspeaks wrote:
cakewalked wrote:This gets confusing because my name is Ashley too. ;)
I downloaded this weight loss app. Apparently I've I only eat 800 calories a day I can lose seven pounds in 25 days.
Are you going to try that? If so be very careful.

I just switched all my drinks to water and took a cleanser and lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks. Maybe try something like that.
That is a lot wow. I only drink water now. Occasionally juice but never pop or coffee. I weigh 117 now and I would like to be 110. I am 5'3".
I used to never drink water so it did some good to me.
117! Damn, I'm 5'3'' and about 155 :( My average was 135 before I got pregnant.
My metabolism hit an all time low after I had my daughter.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
thegooseiscooked

Probably not, you'll probably have a tiny little basketball bump and snap right back into shape. It's about what you do during pregnancy. If you let it all go to hell, it will. If you stay healthy and exercise, you'll be fine. Yes, your body will change. There's no avoiding that. But you don't have to put on 40 pounds.
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

cakewalked wrote:
briannaspeaks wrote:
I used to never drink water so it did some good to me.
117! Damn, I'm 5'3'' and about 155 :( My average was 135 before I got pregnant.
My metabolism hit an all time low after I had my daughter.
I'm scared about how I'll look after kids :/ I'm probably the smallest person in my family and I'm thinking genetics is going to hit me hard.
Just stay healthy (eat healthy and exercise) before pregnancy and during pregnancy.
So after pregnancy it won't be that bad to exercise to get toned up.

I wasn't healthy before or during. (drank soda constantly and didn't exercise)
I just had a very good metabolism before, I used to wake up 5 lbs lighter every morning.. and ate anything I wanted and had a bad caffeine addiction (from soda).

So now that I have to exercise to loose some weight, I'm not used to it and always make up excuses.

Just keep it in your mindset that you're not going to let your body get to that.

Boorads
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Boorads »

subject99 wrote:We've been having lots of scandals over here with our government and the mayor of Toronto.

How can someone of that size be addicted to meth and a fully functional at his job? Boggles my mind. How embarrassing for Toronto :S
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Boorads wrote:
subject99 wrote:We've been having lots of scandals over here with our government and the mayor of Toronto.

How can someone of that size be addicted to meth and a fully functional at his job? Boggles my mind. How embarrassing for Toronto :S
It wasn't meth. It was crack-cocaine. It was in one of his drunk stupors. Just ooone tiiiimmmee. He super soooorrryyy. (I'm being sarcastic).
He's probably not addicted to it. Just based on his size and appearance.

This is the biggest scandal for us at this moment. He says he is going no where and that he is not stepping down. If I remember correctly he said something about running again.

It's taking the way the spot light on parliament hill.

Return to “Off Topic Archive”