Off-Topic Banter Part 6

thegooseiscooked

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 6

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

I don't understand. If you're attracted to him and he's attracted to you, why are you "friends with benefits" and not boyfriend/girlfriend?

It sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, Yue. Someone's going to get hurt. And it's probably going to be you. Women don't generally have sex like that, it's about love and trust and intimacy. Even if you don't feel like that now, it will come. He might be able to walk away and not give you a second thought, but you're going to end up miserably wondering why he didn't call.
LizLee30

Unread post by LizLee30 »

Yue, the secrecy thing is what concerns me most about that. Like Goose said, if there's mutual attraction, why is there nothing more than sex? Something seems off to me that he's so keen on keeping it on the down low. I dunno. I don't think FWB works 99% of the time, so maybe I'm just being a pessimist!
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Aww...that looks so sweet! Hope you have a fab time!
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

I did the FWB thing...with my guy best friend...we went from friends > dating > friends > FWB > friends. And then I met my hubby and he met his fiancee and things are all good now :P

I know the #1 answer to this is gonna be "Pinterest," but where can I find some non-cheesy love quotes and things? I'm working on a photo book for my & hubby's 1-year anniversary...it's in October, but I'm working on it early bc Shutterfly sent me a coupon for a free photo book in my e-mail (valid until Wednesday) and I'm taking advantage now :lol:
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
Medic

Unread post by Medic »

When your nearly 70 year old grandma doesn't know her drinking limit and ends up completely wasted and puking, she's okay but wow. She's not an alcoholic, drinks every 5 years, and every time she does drink this happens. You would think my mom would of had to take care of me after a night of drinking not her mom instead.

Whatshername that is the cutest theme for a gender reveal party! Where'd you get the idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Thanks y'all. Went really well, everyone is excited!

Pinterest! I loved the honeybee idea. :)
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Yue195 »

LizLee30 wrote:Yue, the secrecy thing is what concerns me most about that. Like Goose said, if there's mutual attraction, why is there nothing more than sex? Something seems off to me that he's so keen on keeping it on the down low. I dunno. I don't think FWB works 99% of the time, so maybe I'm just being a pessimist!
I understand the concern. I probably should of explained that when we were talking I said if I was gonna have a FWB I would rather it be kept between the two people. Hence why when he offered he said it can stay secret. It's all on my terms so if I want to stop it can stop and yadda yadda. Who knows what will happen. He's a nice person, we could end up dating.

Pinterest is pretty much planning my future wedding, I thought it was a weird/stupid site til I joined and saw the ideas and now I love it.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
AuntieToABabyBoy:)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by AuntieToABabyBoy:) »

Oh no! All I can say is that I learned my lesson with being a FWB. All I can say is NEVER again.
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

I've spen the last hour listening to Spice Girls, Britney Spears (pre-crazy) and Avril Lavigne.

My childhood right there. When I was 10, I was actually convinced I was going to be Avril Lavigne when I grew up. Good times.
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by kingoflove21vher »

TaylorKnows wrote:I've spen the last hour listening to Spice Girls, Britney Spears (pre-crazy) and Avril Lavigne.

My childhood right there. When I was 10, I was actually convinced I was going to be Avril Lavigne when I grew up. Good times.
My cousin and I used to rock out to the music video for Oops! ... I Did It Again in our grandparents' living room when we were 3/4. Good times, one of my first memories too. :lol:

I thought I was going to be Avril Lavigne when I grew up when I was ten s'well. :| I also was obsessed with the Jonas Brothers. Omg, childhood is so embarrassing. XD

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

cakewalked wrote:I'm seeing Britney next month :))))
I hate you. =P She's on my list of "Artists To See Before I Die".
Medic

Unread post by Medic »

TaylorKnows wrote:I've spen the last hour listening to Spice Girls, Britney Spears (pre-crazy) and Avril Lavigne.

I used to belt out avril Lavigne songs for hours when I was a kid convinced I had this amazing voice. My poor parents lmao. Man those songs bring back memories when times were much simpler.

blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

AuntieToABabyBoy:) wrote:Oh no! All I can say is that I learned my lesson with being a FWB. All I can say is NEVER again.
I've had a couple FWB in my past... One was a HUGE mistake and almost caused me to never go there again. The other two went just fine, though one caused some temporary issues. They were ex boyfriends. One was a boyfriend from before I met my ex husband. By the time we were sleeping together again, we got along great and were friends but had zero romantic feelings for each other. But we both had needs and no one to fill them and we filled em with each other and it was NBD.

The second FWB was kind of a mess at first. We liked each other a lot but he had commitment issues which were really off putting to me. He took me on a minimum of 20 dates... Not even kidding. He didn't wanna commit and I was really angry and hurt so I was like fuck you I'm gonna date someone else. Started casually seeing a friend of mine. Made him jealous. The other guy I was dating started getting really serious feelings. I was barely divorced, and I didn't wanna end up hurting him. I realized then that I wasn't any more ready to commit than my other boyfriend was. (Boyfriend for lack of a better word... Was casually dating them both and they both knew - wasn't serious with either) My close friend decided that we couldn't see each other anymore because we didn't want the same things from each other. We remained friends though he remained bitter that I wouldn't be with him, especially since I was still seeing the other guy (wish I could use initials but they both have the same initials lol). As I mentioned, I realized I wasn't ready to commit. Ended up drunkenly sleeping with the guy who wouldn't commit. Suddenly he was "in love" and he introduced me to his parents and siblings and started having me on his arm everywhere we went. Moved in with him after a few months, everything was fine but we realized we weren't communicating well and fought a lot. He kicked me out one day because I called him a bitch... Lol. I was pretty angry for a couple weeks. We decided to make up a couple weeks after and he wanted to be back together but I didn't. We ended up sleeping together on and off for YEARS once he got over the not being together thing. Not even kidding, still hear from him occasionally lol. He's really respectful. He'll shoot me a text that says "hey what's up? Single?" And if I say no, he says "cool, hit me up if that changes" and totally backs off... It's nice. Lol.

Sorry for the long story but it really does work for some people! It's important to like each other obviously but I don't suggest it if either party has romantic interest in the other because obviously that's a recipe for disaster. One person catches feelings and the other gets hurt. Every time!
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

kingoflove21vher wrote:

My cousin and I used to rock out to the music video for Oops! ... I Did It Again in our grandparents' living room when we were 3/4. Good times, one of my first memories too. :lol:

I thought I was going to be Avril Lavigne when I grew up when I was ten s'well. :| I also was obsessed with the Jonas Brothers. Omg, childhood is so embarrassing. XD
I was a Hanson freak in 6th grade. #old
#FreeBen
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

Hanson? Omg. I just bought tickets for Yo Gabba Gabba in New Orleans. The last concert I was at was Madonna in Atlanta 2001. Went to some fun local shows since but damn times have changed. lol
fwb is not good. Not good at all. NO. Someone always gets hurt. Get a vibrator and keep looking.
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So my cousin's potentially setting me up with one of his best mates who I thought was attractive and said so to him not knowing they were good friends (new student status), I'm kinda excited to see what happens. :twit:

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
AuntieToABabyBoy:)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by AuntieToABabyBoy:) »

I wish I could've went to a Michael Jackson concert :( I love him a big fan :) and I agree it works with some people but not me. I don't think I can go that route again.
Good luck King!! Hope all goes well.
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Being an adult sucks. :lol:

I wanna be like ten, what a stupid child I was to ever wish for this livelihood.

Medic

Unread post by Medic »

kingoflove21vher wrote:Being an adult sucks. :lol:

I wanna be like ten, what a stupid child I was to ever wish for this livelihood.
I know right? When being cool meant you had the 64 crayon pack WITH the sharpener and not having a shiny new $500 iPad -.-

Return to “Off Topic Archive”