Off Topic Banter Part 9

HelloHolaHallo

Re: Off Topic Banter Part 9

Unread post by HelloHolaHallo »

It's not a chain unfortunately it's a small family owned business in a tiny village. Update: we met with them yesterday and against my BIL's wife's wishes he will handle everything hopefully through his insurance and if not he will pay it off. The wife was so angry and starting getting petty so I deceided to no longer watch my niece as I don't know want any future problems. It was a favor I'm not obliged to watch her.

Man she's such a bitch but I'm glad it's settled. Lesson learned.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by blackbetty »

I didn't get the job.

So there's that.
#FreeBen
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by gypsophila »

blackbetty wrote:I didn't get the job.

So there's that.

Crap. I'm sorry Betty. Maybe the next one will be the right one.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I can't seem to find anything. Especially not anything that would pay my bills. Been crying all day.

This is why people like Tayler piss me off. I don't qualify for help and right now I can't even support the two I got and its consuming my life with stress, idk how I'm going to keep a roof over our heads. And she can just pop out kids on the government's dime without a care in the world.
#FreeBen
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

That's because your a good person who cares more about your two kids and she's a drop kick sack of shit who doesn't deserve a functioning uterus.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

Ugh, I seriously thought you were going to get that job, Betty. I remember the day you told me about it I had my fingers crossed (literally) the entire day.
Life fucking sucks. You deserve way better. One day I'll win 750 million dollars on a scratch ticket. Then I'll buy a huge mansion for us and there will be no basic bitches allowed.
A true paradise.

Also, I got sun poisoning and some pretty gross blistering sunburns literally all over my body. Any advice? I took advil and even a Vicodin and no relief. I have used an entire bottle of aloe and still nada. Blech. Being a pasty white bitch blows.
HelloHolaHallo

I'm really sorry Betty. I know I hate hearing Jess type "everything happens for a reason" quotes when I'm down so I just want to say I wish you the best on your search, fingers crossed something will come up. If your religious, in hard times I get on my knees and ask for guidance. I'll be sending prayers your way.

Roger I had to google that I didn't know what sun poisoning was I feel really dumb lol. My husband is very fair and I bought him Dream Cream from Lush and he swears by it. He has very sensitive skin too if that helps.
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

I think I might be a tad bit crazy. I just had my daughter on Wednesday and already want another again lol. It's insane how you go through so much pain but the instant they are here you completely forget how much it hurt. Yay for the mommy high you get after delivery
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

blackbetty wrote:I can't seem to find anything. Especially not anything that would pay my bills. Been crying all day.

This is why people like Tayler piss me off. I don't qualify for help and right now I can't even support the two I got and its consuming my life with stress, idk how I'm going to keep a roof over our heads. And she can just pop out kids on the government's dime without a care in the world.
I feel so bad for you! This has not been a good year for you, but it could change at any minute. My daughter was told in April that she got this high paying job at the place she wanted to work for, in her field. She was so excited. Two weeks before she was supposed to start in June, they emailed her that they rescinded the offer. So everyone else has 2 months to look for the few jobs in her field while she thought she had the job. Then she got turned down for another one in her field for lack of experience. How do you get experience then, right? She didn't even hear back from about 6 other places. Then she applied to an opening at the place she did her job experience, and they told her not to feel rejected if she didn't get the job, it's just about experience. She cried and cried. But she ended up getting that job. Now she feels glad she didn't get the other jobs, because she really loves this one. Maybe the same will happen for you. I hope so. You never know when or where an opening will come up. Hang in there. You have tons of people hoping for you. :love2:
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

GUYS I HELD A TWO WEEK OLD BABY!!! SHE WAS SO SMALL!!! IM GETTING EMOTIONAL!!! I NEED MY OVARIES REMOVED PRONTO IM STARTING TO FIGHT WITH MYSELF OVER HAVING ONE!!! WHY DO BABIES HAVE TO BE SO CUTE AND UNLEASH THE MOTHER INSIDE YOU!!! So tiny :,( :,( :,(
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

Of fucking course now that the jess thread is locked she posts a video.
HelloHolaHallo

Anybody watch the VMA's? I didn't watch the whole show just caught a few clips on YT. Omg Kanye...I get secondhand embarrassment just watching him. That Nicki Minaj thing and Miley was awkward. Fat Amy in the back was everything though lol
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

Nicki Minaj is a goddess. Miley needed to be put back in her place, she's a redneck white girl trying to be black, fuck Miley.
Hershey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Hershey »

Hi everyone. :) I'm new.. thought I would peek in here.

Kanye is nuts and I really wish Miley would disappear. While I am not really a fan of Nikki Minaj, I do recognize that she has presence and talent.
Give me coffee to change the things I can and wine to accept those I cannot.
HelloHolaHallo

I didn't like Nicki Minaj when she first came out. I started to like her when she toned down the Barbie thing (Pills N Potions is a really nice song) and in interviews she seems down to earth but I felt that was petty to do. You're getting an award and you made it about another person. As someone who is so opinionated she sure is defensive. Plus her hissy fit over Anaconda not getting nominated was childish. IMO she was talking about Taylor. I'm not even a Taylor fan but I can see why her songs were nominated and not hers. Anaconda wasn't a very good song IMO. I need to start working I can't believe I follow celeb drama lmao.

I don't like Miley either but respect for introducing drag to the main stage!
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

I agree with you that it was petty. Also, why doesn't she ever call Lil Kim out? They have had drama going on for a while but Nicki is too scared to say something.
And I don't even like Miley, but she didn't even say anything disrespectful.
:love2:
HelloHolaHallo

Emcee wrote:I agree with you that it was petty. Also, why doesn't she ever call Lil Kim out? They have had drama going on for a while but Nicki is too scared to say something.
YES!!!! I totally forgot to write that in, she starts drama with people who won't really do anything to her. I was laughing at the Lil Kim memes on IG lol She completely overreacted to what Miley said because of the shoe fits....well wear it.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

Emcee wrote:I agree with you that it was petty. Also, why doesn't she ever call Lil Kim out? They have had drama going on for a while but Nicki is too scared to say something.
Okay I'm just gonna do a five minute breakdown to explain why Nicki did what she did. And why it was important.

Miley Cyrus appropriates black culture, white dreads, Twerking ( turns out twerking actually has a long history going back to Africa), using racial slurs, homophobic slurs, transgender slurs, uses black men and little people as stage props, is frankly trash who uses feminism and a supporter of LGBT as a get out of jail card where frankly is the worst feminist there can possibly be. All through the VMA's she was doing this, hell Im not a big fan of the Kardashians but she went up to Kim saying how jealous she was of her baby was going to breast feed of Kim's nipples and then proceeded to make a sucking face at her. She's a rude moron.

What set Nicki off was how she decided to call out MTV about their racial bias on Twitter. I'm not saying Anaconda was the greatest song in the world but the video and song grabbed global attention and hit charts and it doesn't even make it to best video award category? She called them out, because WoC have to try ten times harder for something white female artists are just given. When Nicki called it out, Taylor Swift made it about her, not realising it wasn't a female issue, it was a race issue. Taylor got educated, apologised, her and Nicki made up and sang together. Miley decided to comment to tabloids about a situation, THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HER, and told a woman of colour how to deal with racial issues, a white privileged girl, telling a black hardworking woman.

Using a award acceptance speech to call out a white girl trying to be black was the best opportunity because Miley would have to actually answer for herself why she thinks she can act how she's acting without any reprocussion and can't blame tabloids will twist anything. Which she said anyway, Miley didn't apologise, she condescended Nicki, blew her off and insulted her saying "it's just an award" showing exactly how privileged she is.

Miley wanted to be black so badly, getting away with it, insulting it, being educated and simply ignoring the education on why SHE can't use it, and people let her do this for too long. Nicki went fuck this and dragged her straight to the ghetto where Miley ran like it was expected, she just wants to use its culture like the tool she is without the hard work that goes into it.

But Nicki Minaj is just a stereotypical angry black woman right?
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

*slow clap*
#FreeBen
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

Sorry but dreads aren't exclusive to black people. Don't tell me Nicki twerks because of culture appreciation. Look, Miley is trash and so is Nicki.
Anaconda was a trashy video and IMO it didn't deserve to be nominated, the only reason it got attention was because Nicki was twerking almost completely naked.
Taylor S. And Nicki were feuding right before the VMAs, so them performing together was obviously just for the show.
Everything isn't always about race. Not once did I say "she was an angry black woman", and not once did I mention race in my original comment.
I just simply thought it was petty, and that's that. We can agree to disagree.
:love2:

Return to “Off Topic Archive”