Cullen and Katie: Blame the Mailman Part 7

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Blame the Mailman Part 7

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I was raised to be tidy by a neat freak mother. We played outside a lot of the time so toys didn't get strewn around. Kids can't play unsupervised these days... not two year olds anyway. I was never allowed to eat in the car either, but we weren't on the go so there was no need to. Times change. Sometimes it has more to do with your lifestyle than how you were raised.

I was a lot cleaner and nitpicky about tidiness before I had children, but I learned to adjust. I had ideas about what it was going to be like, and what kind of house I'd keep.

I'd venture a guess that most people's homes aren't "IG ready" at all times of the day.
chachismemories1
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by chachismemories1 »

is it Grand Aly?!?! I always thought it was Grand dolly!!!
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

chachismemories1 wrote:is it Grand Aly?!?! I always thought it was Grand dolly!!!

It's grand dolly.
hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

chachismemories1 wrote:is it Grand Aly?!?! I always thought it was Grand dolly!!!
It is lol you had it right.
ellay
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ellay »

hey girl hey007 wrote:
Sorry English isn't my first language and I never heard anyone calling their grand parents that before.
hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

ellay wrote:
hey girl hey007 wrote:
Sorry English isn't my first language and I never heard anyone calling their grand parents that before.
Oh you're fine :) I've never heard it either but I assume it's a family thing. Where I'm from we I hear grandma/grandpa, welo/wela, and what I called my grandma Nana. Which is weird because I called her Nana, my grandfather was grandpa, and my other grandmother was grandma.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

They live in 2,350 sq/ft with four bedrooms. It's probably considered a "starter" home in Alabama where the cost of living is low and land is cheap. But four bedrooms/four bath is considered a pretty large home in many parts of the country. The issue isn't that their space is too small, they're just not very tidy people. That's their prerogative. It's their home. They don't have to keep it neat if that's not their priority. I personally am always kind of shocked by home much stuff they have lying around. And not toys, but adult stuff, like dirty dishes and bags of stuff from the store that they haven't put away. I just don't think housekeeping has ever been something they stay on top of, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Different people keep their homes in different states. I couldn't concentrate if there was a dirty dish in the sink, let alone a pile of dishes, but that's just me. It is kind of funny that her mother gifts them with a professional organizer. Talk about a hint, haha.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

hey girl hey007 wrote:
ellay wrote:
hey girl hey007 wrote: It is lol you had it right.
Oh you're fine :) I've never heard it either but I assume it's a family thing. Where I'm from we I hear grandma/grandpa, welo/wela, and what I called my grandma Nana. Which is weird because I called her Nana, my grandfather was grandpa, and my other grandmother was grandma.
Kelly and Jay answered this in their Q&A a few days ago. Dolly is her first name. So GrandDolly. Also, GrandDoc used to be called Uncle Doc (cuz he's a doctor, I assume) by Katie and Kelly's cousins so... transitioned to GrandDoc.

Pretty sure Cullen's mom's first name is actually Berry or something (they talked a bit about it in Gaines' name reveal.) They seem to have some pretty unique names in their family.
sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

The messy house talk has taken up like three pages and turned into a lot of conversation about your own houses. Ffs move on
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

sataninwonderland wrote:The messy house talk has taken up like three pages and turned into a lot of conversation about your own houses. Ffs move on
Feel free to skip them. I like reading everyone's opinions and many times we base our opinions on our own experiences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:
sataninwonderland wrote:The messy house talk has taken up like three pages and turned into a lot of conversation about your own houses. Ffs move on
Feel free to skip them. I like reading everyone's opinions and many times we base our opinions on our own experiences.

Yet when everyone was saying Cullen smokes no one birthed about that lol I've just skipped over all of it :)
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I am not crazy close ups shots of eyeballs...

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I am not crazy seeing close ups shots of eyeballs...

Wow, that food looked amazing.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I'm intrigued to know what they have to talk about or show with the Laundry Dispute vlog. Thats one of my favorite vlogs they have and I'm wondering if Cullen found something to prove Katie wrong. :lol:
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

Maybe I just don't understand how the algorithm works and what Youtubers are saying happens when you don't click like on their videos. I don't have any channels I'm subscribed to set up to notify me on my phone or desktop or in any other way and I very rarely, as in never, watch a video the minute it's uploaded (for the channels who have a schedule) so I don't see (or not see) what other subs are talking about. I'm usually watching whatever I've got on the DVR during the day and save Youtube for late at night. And my front page is a mix of what I don't care to watch and a stream of recommendations based on one video I saw. Of the channels I'm subscribed too that show up on my front page, C&K is never one of them. DB and E&J never were either when I was subscribed to them. But maybe that's how it works, they don't show who you watch most often because you seem to be watching them anyway, so they throw out other channels you're subscribed too in order to get you to watch them more.

Another thing I don't get is why do people complain about not being notified about a daily vlogger uploading their vlog? If it's a daily vlog, you know it's going to be uploaded (given that something hasn't happened that prevented the upload). Just check your subscriptions page or go to that channel's page directly. Or is this one of those #firstworldproblem issues where people are too precious to actually search for the newest vlog?

In actual C&K thoughts, I've only watched one C&K vlog and I was cringing almost the whole time. I'm not a fan of them saying "welcome to the vlog". It's not a talk show. I can't remember what Cullen was doing, but it was getting towards the Bryan and Jared annoyance level.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

just_me wrote:Maybe I just don't understand how the algorithm works and what Youtubers are saying happens when you don't click like on their videos. I don't have any channels I'm subscribed to set up to notify me on my phone or desktop or in any other way and I very rarely, as in never, watch a video the minute it's uploaded (for the channels who have a schedule) so I don't see (or not see) what other subs are talking about. I'm usually watching whatever I've got on the DVR during the day and save Youtube for late at night. And my front page is a mix of what I don't care to watch and a stream of recommendations based on one video I saw. Of the channels I'm subscribed too that show up on my front page, C&K is never one of them. DB and E&J never were either when I was subscribed to them. But maybe that's how it works, they don't show who you watch most often because you seem to be watching them anyway, so they throw out other channels you're subscribed too in order to get you to watch them more.

Another thing I don't get is why do people complain about not being notified about a daily vlogger uploading their vlog? If it's a daily vlog, you know it's going to be uploaded (given that something hasn't happened that prevented the upload). Just check your subscriptions page or go to that channel's page directly. Or is this one of those #firstworldproblem issues where people are too precious to actually search for the newest vlog?

In actual C&K thoughts, I've only watched one C&K vlog and I was cringing almost the whole time. I'm not a fan of them saying "welcome to the vlog". It's not a talk show. I can't remember what Cullen was doing, but it was getting towards the Bryan and Jared annoyance level.

I really like C&K, but I agree with you that Cullen is being a bit too much like Bryan and Jared lately. The thumbnails and titles have been to click bait like lately and he's been a bit OTT. I really love their family and I am hoping he turns it down a bit. This seems to coincide with the supposed YouTube changes too.
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

I used to watch CK daily (the only vloggers I could stomach watching), but lately with the dumb thumbnails and vlog titles I haven't been clicking on them. They must be feeling pressure with the new suburban and house hunting. I thought they wouldn't change since they've been vlogging so long, but they have been ott lately. Hopefully it'll stop when the holidays are over because I never thought I'd be annoyed watching them.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Enchantedbybeautyy wrote:I used to watch CK daily (the only vloggers I could stomach watching), but lately with the dumb thumbnails and vlog titles I haven't been clicking on them. They must be feeling pressure with the new suburban and house hunting. I thought they wouldn't change since they've been vlogging so long, but they have been ott lately. Hopefully it'll stop when the holidays are over because I never thought I'd be annoyed watching them.
I know, they never bother me either for the most part. I just wonder if he's just trying to get the #s his friends have when they have more than likly bought those millions of subs. It would break my heart if these 2 changed.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

HashtagBlessed wrote:They live in 2,350 sq/ft with four bedrooms. It's probably considered a "starter" home in Alabama where the cost of living is low and land is cheap. But four bedrooms/four bath is considered a pretty large home in many parts of the country. The issue isn't that their space is too small, they're just not very tidy people. That's their prerogative. It's their home. They don't have to keep it neat if that's not their priority. I personally am always kind of shocked by home much stuff they have lying around. And not toys, but adult stuff, like dirty dishes and bags of stuff from the store that they haven't put away. I just don't think housekeeping has ever been something they stay on top of, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Different people keep their homes in different states. I couldn't concentrate if there was a dirty dish in the sink, let alone a pile of dishes, but that's just me. It is kind of funny that her mother gifts them with a professional organizer. Talk about a hint, haha.
When Katie was in the hospital having Gaines, GrandDolly did get the Merry Maids over to the house to dig in and clean as they weren't prepared. I thought it was a really sweet thing for her mom to do so they didn't have to worry about it. As I recall, Katie was on modified bed rest and Gaines was a few weeks early. I couldn't help but notice how kind and gracious her mom was. Lots of moms would've made their daughters feel bad for needing help.

The professional organizer was part of Katie's birthday gift, I think. Oh, dear, their bedroom closet was in a state! It really was a mess as it seems they hadn't ever got rid of anything. They weren't able to get the whole closet complete in a day, but their organizer was really helpful and Katie was learning how to look at things and make decisions when it comes to organization. Actually, I believe she did keep the closet up for the most part. She got help later with the kitchen, but they did the pantry and master bath without help. I truly believe organization is a skill that some people are really good at while others are not. I am most certainly not. The concept of a place for everything and everything in it's place is a concept that has always escaped me in practical terms.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Playsinrain wrote:I'm intrigued to know what they have to talk about or show with the Laundry Dispute vlog. Thats one of my favorite vlogs they have and I'm wondering if Cullen found something to prove Katie wrong. :lol:
I love that vlog too! At one point when Katie was really heated, she kind of screwed up her face and her eyes were like searching his brain, it was hilarious! And, lol, at one point she also exclaimed, "Oh Good Lord!" or something close to it.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”