C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

Unread post by Caisflame »

A bit late, but I have to say, yes that doll is creepy but it is the most technologically advanced doll I've ever seen! My daughter got one a few weeks ago and everyday it's still saying new phrases. What Katie was saying about the doll learning like a real child, it really does. It's kind of crazy but an awesome toy for kids.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by askeptichere »

That outfit they have Brooks in today is horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

madi_b_123 wrote:
madi_b_123 wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote: Katie also said she couldn't handle the fact that with Brooks she couldn't reason, while Gaines could talk at that age. I'm going to double check if princess Gaines could talk when she was 1.5 yrs old. Fortunately they have filmed all these videos for our collective memory.
Gaines’ speech has always been super advanced! She could count to 15 before the age of two. It’s common for girls to talk before boys do, but Gaines was extremely advanced regardless.

Wont let me edit but I wanted to add that I think they struggle with Brooks so much because they were spoiled with Gaines. She was a super easy baby/toddler. She slept well, spoke very early on, and had a pretty mellow personality. I think the only thing they struggled with was that she didn’t really play independently. Brooks is so different!

I was blessed to have a VERY easy first born. He was naturally happy, well behaved and eager to please. He's the kid that is invited to every birthday party because he's so easy to deal with. He loves rules and we never even had to baby proof our house. As far as children go, he's near as perfect as it gets. Thing is, we knew how lucky we were, and knew that it was all NATURE, and had very little to do with our parenting. For this reason we were hesitant to even have another, because how do you go from an easy kid to a hard one? Answer.... it's hard. Our youngest is a lot more like Brookes, but that just means we have to approach things differently and put more work in! Unlike C&K, we were prepared for the possibility that the next child would be more challenging.

This is where I think C&K have erred. MG was very easy and a natural learner, and they took ALL THE CREDIT for that. Brooke's comes along, and they just don't know how to deal. Instead of figuring it out, they have made excuses for his behaviour and are basically just letting bad habits form to the point where they are actually teaching MG to get away with the same poor manners.

They went from being two involved and engaged parents, to two lazy ones. I also wonder if these large house purchases have a lot to do with the disconnect we see. I definitely think that the vloggers with smaller homes have a better connection and are more engaged with their children.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
madi_b_123 wrote:
madi_b_123 wrote:Gaines’ speech has always been super advanced! She could count to 15 before the age of two. It’s common for girls to talk before boys do, but Gaines was extremely advanced regardless.

Wont let me edit but I wanted to add that I think they struggle with Brooks so much because they were spoiled with Gaines. She was a super easy baby/toddler. She slept well, spoke very early on, and had a pretty mellow personality. I think the only thing they struggled with was that she didn’t really play independently. Brooks is so different!

I was blessed to have a VERY easy first born. He was naturally happy, well behaved and eager to please. He's the kid that is invited to every birthday party because he's so easy to deal with. He loves rules and we never even had to baby proof our house. As far as children go, he's near as perfect as it gets. Thing is, we knew how lucky we were, and knew that it was all NATURE, and had very little to do with our parenting. For this reason we were hesitant to even have another, because how do you go from an easy kid to a hard one? Answer.... it's hard. Our youngest is a lot more like Brookes, but that just means we have to approach things differently and put more work in! Unlike C&K, we were prepared for the possibility that the next child would be more challenging.

This is where I think C&K have erred. MG was very easy and a natural learner, and they took ALL THE CREDIT for that. Brooke's comes along, and they just don't know how to deal. Instead of figuring it out, they have made excuses for his behaviour and are basically just letting bad habits form to the point where they are actually teaching MG to get away with the same poor manners.

They went from being two involved and engaged parents, to two lazy ones. I also wonder if these large house purchases have a lot to do with the disconnect we see. I definitely think that the vloggers with smaller homes have a better connection and are more engaged with their children.
My nephews are just like your kids. My older nephew was so good, they didn't even have to baby proof. And then his little brother came along and climbed up on kitchen counters and tried to get into the knives, and just got into _everything_ . They always say if he'd been the first, there wouldn't have been a second.
Did you all catch Brooks frantically getting out of his toy car to eat a goldfish cracker off the ground? And they just laughed and kept filming. That boy is always hungry! He really is the opposite of Gaines, lol. Bless him.
What was the running and panting at the beginning of the vlog today? Did they read here and say "Disjointed? We'll show them disjointed!" They were running around, panting into the microphone, then picking Brooks up, then practically starting mid-sentence with Katie outside, then lots of background noise and food montages at Jay and Kelly's.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
FreedomTrain5
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by FreedomTrain5 »

I think that is a great point. In a smaller space, you have to get along. You have to solve your problems and you actually have to interact.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

madi_b_123 wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Yep--that is exactly what I meant. I wonder if part of him being whiny is that they are pushing him to do stupid baby tricks, and he's frustrated, and they're frustrated because he's not having it.
I really hope not, because that's a ridiculous reason to think of a child as "difficult". But with the whole performance aspect of vlogging these days, it would not surprise me.

Katie also said she couldn't handle the fact that with Brooks she couldn't reason, while Gaines could talk at that age. I'm going to double check if princess Gaines could talk when she was 1.5 yrs old. Fortunately they have filmed all these videos for our collective memory.
Gaines’ speech has always been super advanced! She could count to 15 before the age of two. It’s common for girls to talk before boys do, but Gaines was extremely advanced regardless.

Gaines wasn’t/isn’t advanced. My kids (boy included) were all like that. My boy could read 3 letter words at her age. It’s not giftedness or being advanced. It’s well within the developmentally appropriate spectrum.
Trust me, I would have bragged to everyone I could about my amazing gifted kids. But, alas, they’re just average :p
:roll:
FitMom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by FitMom »

Theirmom wrote:
Gaines wasn’t/isn’t advanced. My kids (boy included) were all like that. My boy could read 3 letter words at her age. It’s not giftedness or being advanced. It’s well within the developmentally appropriate spectrum.
Trust me, I would have bragged to everyone I could about my amazing gifted kids. But, alas, they’re just average :p

Exactly! She seemed average to me when she was that age. Nothing wrong with that, but they definitely exaggerate about how "advanced" she was. I also remember she didn't walk till a few months after she was one. Honestly, her whining now is more annoying than Brooks and his typical toddler behavior.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I think we all thought she was so advanced bc compared to the other YT kids she was around at the time (Ollie and Jackson) she WAS advanced. She is still more advanced verbally and emotionally than Ollie for SURE, Jackson has caught up with her pretty well. Brooks seems more typical for a child his age than MG was at his age.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:I think we all thought she was so advanced bc compared to the other YT kids she was around at the time (Ollie and Jackson) she WAS advanced. She is still more advanced verbally and emotionally than Ollie for SURE, Jackson has caught up with her pretty well. Brooks seems more typical for a child his age than MG was at his age.
I think you're right. Compared to Ollie, she was way advanced. Watch a vlog with Ollie saying "Good morden", and his "happy birfday Jesus! I wuv yu!" And then Gaines is singing (actually signing-- not yelling) "Jesus Loves Me" and talking about her day, and she is younger than him-- so she really seems advanced.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I think we all thought she was so advanced bc compared to the other YT kids she was around at the time (Ollie and Jackson) she WAS advanced. She is still more advanced verbally and emotionally than Ollie for SURE, Jackson has caught up with her pretty well. Brooks seems more typical for a child his age than MG was at his age.
I think you're right. Compared to Ollie, she was way advanced. Watch a vlog with Ollie saying "Good morden", and his "happy birfday Jesus! I wuv yu!" And then Gaines is singing (actually signing-- not yelling) "Jesus Loves Me" and talking about her day, and she is younger than him-- so she really seems advanced.

Her vocabulary is probably 3 times what Ollie's is. And has been for some time. If you ask her how her day at school was she will actually communicate with you, not just say "good" with a blank stare. Cullen may be guilty of having her parrot catch phrases, but at least he hasn't completely stunted her verbal growth like Missy and Bryan have with Ollie and his "lines" in the vlogs. Gaines has independent thoughts, Ollie either answers with one word or looks to his parents to feed him a line. Not exactly helping your child be more verbal.
FitMom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by FitMom »

When compared to Ollie, of course she seems advanced. But, to a "typical" child...I don't think she is/was.

The thing about Ollie is that he really would benefit from speech therapy. If they would do that, he would definitely progress a lot more.
FitMom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by FitMom »

askeptichere wrote:That outfit they have Brooks in today is horrible.

I hate those types of outfits for boys. I would never have dressed my boys like that, even being in the south.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Today's vlog is definitely not clickbait. Literally half of it is elf footage. That was a shit ton of marshmallows. They didn't even do anything with it. I'm glad I don't do the elf for my kids. What a waste.
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

I skip through the elf footage, as I'm sure most do. It's boring and past it's prime for entertaining.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

FitMom wrote:When compared to Ollie, of course she seems advanced. But, to a "typical" child...I don't think she is/was.

The thing about Ollie is that he really would benefit from speech therapy. If they would do that, he would definitely progress a lot more.
The thing Ollie would benefit the most from is to not be on camera. Or at least not be made to perform. When he’s on Cassie’s Videos, and allowed to just be himself, he’s a bit easier to understand, and a much sweeter kid.
He could still use a bit of therapy to work on some pronunciation, and some firm boundaries to curb some of his bad habits and behaviour, but it’s clear there is nothing wrong with his cognitive development.
And now that Finn is also behind with his speech, it’s more obvious that it’s a parental issue than a developmental issue.
:roll:
priestess
Talker
Talker

Unread post by priestess »

if i were cullen and katie, i'd stop using that theme song. it's really sexual (even despite the mumbling) and youtube will eventually crack down on them bc kids could google it
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:Today's vlog is definitely not clickbait. Literally half of it is elf footage. That was a shit ton of marshmallows. They didn't even do anything with it. I'm glad I don't do the elf for my kids. What a waste.
They were packing peanuts weren't they?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm old fashioned like that, but i love Brooks' little jonjon.. they are so damn adorable to me.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I hated Elf on the Shelf after the first week of doing it myself with my kids. Seriously sometimes its amazing when your kids are old enough to grow out of those kinda things. I DREADED December first bc of that STUPID elf. Thank god mine are old enough where they pretty much pick out their own Christmas too. Yes of course they don't know EVERYTHING they are getting, they still get surprises, but my daughter went shopping with me on Black Friday and picked out all the clothes she is getting, which was more than half of her gifts. *praise hands*
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:Today's vlog is definitely not clickbait. Literally half of it is elf footage. That was a shit ton of marshmallows. They didn't even do anything with it. I'm glad I don't do the elf for my kids. What a waste.
They were packing peanuts weren't they?

The pink ones were, but last years Elf prank was real marshmallows in their soaker tub.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”