8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Unread post by 131618 »

rulatows000 wrote:So, we're starting to get little glimpses of what Ruby's homeschooling will look like. She bought her kids little stuffed wolves to cuddle with while she reads them Call of the Wild by Jack London and they drink hot chocolate. Now, I'm not criticizing the idea, it does sound cute and it will be fun for the little kids but... why is it a 'homeschooling' idea? Can't you just read a good story to your kids regardless if it's summer or the school year? Maybe if the kids were all reading the book by themselves, it would a little better. But reading to your kid as part of homeschooling while they play with stuffed animals and drink hot chocolate? I don't know, that just doesn't really seem like a valuable educational experience to me. She seems really, really concerned with her homeschooling being 'cute' and Instagram and Youtube worthy. She obviously isn't going to want to film her kids sitting quietly at a table doing math equations all day. I can totally see her regularly interrupting them to pose them all around her with stuffed animals and hot chocolate or being perfectly posed in their little homeschooling room. She'll probably buy them worksheets and real school books to use just as film props, but not to actually learn with.
I agree 100%, the saddest thing is you can see so many of these youtubers/influencers have become so obsessed with things being SM worthy that they completely lose sight of how they are just using their kids for content. I definitely take pictures of my kiddos doing fun stuff but I don't interrupt their play or stage photos. I can't imagine how it must feel to be pulled away from something to take the perfect insta pic and then have their parents abandon them again to edit pictures and plan the next one.... what a sad home life Image these poor kids are gonna need lots of therapy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trip804
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Unread post by Trip804 »

rulatows000 wrote:So, we're starting to get little glimpses of what Ruby's homeschooling will look like. She bought her kids little stuffed wolves to cuddle with while she reads them Call of the Wild by Jack London and they drink hot chocolate. Now, I'm not criticizing the idea, it does sound cute and it will be fun for the little kids but... why is it a 'homeschooling' idea? Can't you just read a good story to your kids regardless if it's summer or the school year? Maybe if the kids were all reading the book by themselves, it would a little better. But reading to your kid as part of homeschooling while they play with stuffed animals and drink hot chocolate? I don't know, that just doesn't really seem like a valuable educational experience to me. She seems really, really concerned with her homeschooling being 'cute' and Instagram and Youtube worthy. She obviously isn't going to want to film her kids sitting quietly at a table doing math equations all day. I can totally see her regularly interrupting them to pose them all around her with stuffed animals and hot chocolate or being perfectly posed in their little homeschooling room. She'll probably buy them worksheets and real school books to use just as film props, but not to actually learn with.
I’m confused as to why she has her 1st grader and 7th grader doing the same homeschool activities...
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Unread post by boychik0830 »

Trip804 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:08 am
I’m confused as to why she has her 1st grader and 7th grader doing the same homeschool activities...
I don't think a first grader should be reading Call of the Wild as they are too young for that. They should not be reading a book like that until 4th or 5th grade at the earliest.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

boychik0830 wrote:
I don't think a first grader should be reading Call of the Wild as they are too young for that. They should not be reading a book like that until 4th or 5th grade at the earliest.
Right? If she wants Eve to read a chapter book, what about Stuart Little or Charlotte's Web?
But then again, she doesn't want to "coddle" Eve. All the death and violence/grit of Jack London might be just what she wants for her to read.

boychik0830
Talker
Talker

lmmomSD wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:31 pm
boychik0830 wrote:
Right? If she wants Eve to read a chapter book, what about Stuart Little or Charlotte's Web?
But then again, she doesn't want to "coddle" Eve. All the death and violence/grit of Jack London might be just what she wants for her to read.

I am concerned about how the kids will do in school as I am afraid by the time the kids get to high school or college they won't be able to do basic math like fractions or basic alegbra and not be at a appropriate reading level too. I think the homeschooling is more for Ruby than it is for the kids as she is only doing it so she has content to film as she knows it something safe to film that she can't get in trouble for.
Josette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Josette »

https://thenarcissisticlife.com/do-i-ha ... ic-mother/

It's kind of scary how many of these apply to Ruby.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

All of the kids are behind grade level, and taking this year off school is going to be detrimental for some moving forward. I think most of the kids know it will be a year off too (they saw Ruby fail twice already with Russell and Chad). I don't for a minute believe that the kids want or expect Ruby to teach them. Every kid (except Abby) talked about the things Ruby was manipulating them with to be excited to stay home. Ponies, puppies, treats and swimming pools. Ruby only gives the illusion of choice to her kids, and only cared to sway their opinion so they would say "the right things" on camera. They were staying home next year regardless of their opinion. We saw this illusion of choice on the closet vlog with Abby rejecting Julie's hand-me-down coat when asked, but then a quick cut to her in the coat and agreeing to wear it.

Ruby has conditioned Abby to be the "perfect child" since she was a baby and as a result expresses few opinions or independent thoughts to avoid disappointing/triggering her mother. Everyone says that Shari is Ruby's favorite, but there are several vlogs where she literally says Abby is her favorite because she has essentially given up her free will and thus causes Ruby little trouble unlike the others. I think Ruby might actually be afraid of Shari, which is why she lets her boss everyone around, including her Mom. Shari simply learned to earn her keep and since Ruby sees relationships as transactional, she is valuable to her. Chad has little transactional value to her, so he isn't allowed the same benefits as the rest of the family (clothes, bed, doors, school supplies, etc). He draws views, but he is unpredictable and opinionated, and can't be trusted to take on Ruby's work/responsibilities for her like Shari can. He does nothing to make her life easier or feed her narcissistic supply.

Also, Abby was the one made to play the expensive angelic instrument that was promised to bring untold blessings to the family by her harp teacher. Ruby claims they scored big with vlogs shortly after. I was surprised that Ruby let Abby quit, but then again, Ruby was complaining endlessly about having to cart around the harp as Abby went to camps and performances as she got older. Plus, morning lessons were the only thing preventing Ruby from being able to sleep in 7 days a week. I wonder if she thinks letting Abby quit harp brought the controversy into their house, or if Chad is still serving as a suitable scapegoat. Maybe in a coming vlog we will catch Abby trapped in the corner handcuffed to her harp.
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:02 pm Maybe in a coming vlog we will catch Abby trapped in the corner handcuffed to her harp.
I swear to god every time I laugh out loud on this site it's a post from you :lol: But YES to everything else you said! Ruby is absolutely afraid of (what she created in) Shari. And it's gross how she blatantly uses Chad for the views he brings in (even to the point of deliberately showing him shirtless) while simultaneously depriving him of basic things the rest of the kids get.
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Hang on... on her instastories Ruby shows a headboard that she says will be for Eve's room. Aren't Eve and Russell currently the only ones with bed frames?? But Eve gets a new one now...? She needs to get the rest of those kids beds and furniture oh my god. Also of course she's suddenly into facebook marketplace and DIY when it comes to her kids' rooms, never for her own things!
L1g4d
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by L1g4d »

imoverit wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:09 pm Hang on... on her instastories Ruby shows a headboard that she says will be for Eve's room. Aren't Eve and Russell currently the only ones with bed frames?? But Eve gets a new one now...? She needs to get the rest of those kids beds and furniture oh my god. Also of course she's suddenly into facebook marketplace and DIY when it comes to her kids' rooms, never for her own things!
I am so confused their rooms are mature for their ages but complete in compared to their siblines. Also there's poor families who could really use a desk from facebook marketplace... but lets gentrify a some desks for content because apparently a new hobby popped up... Also in Ikdea she just had to ask the black women to take a photo with her so she could flaunt how "diverse" she is. So many viewers say she won't say hi in public... makes me sick she probably was bashing the protestors when that happened (oh wait she took time off social media to reflect upon that... bs)
CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker

Unread post by CognitiveDissonance »

Gah Ruby's cackling laugh in her IG stories was too much tonight! She showed a party with loads of people sitting next to each other and not a mask in sight. When she shares what her "acceptance speech" was for winning 2nd place for Utah Influencer, it didn't even make sense.
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

L1g4d wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:45 pm
imoverit wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:09 pm Hang on... on her instastories Ruby shows a headboard that she says will be for Eve's room. Aren't Eve and Russell currently the only ones with bed frames?? But Eve gets a new one now...? She needs to get the rest of those kids beds and furniture oh my god. Also of course she's suddenly into facebook marketplace and DIY when it comes to her kids' rooms, never for her own things!
I am so confused their rooms are mature for their ages but complete in compared to their siblines. Also there's poor families who could really use a desk from facebook marketplace... but lets gentrify a some desks for content because apparently a new hobby popped up... Also in Ikdea she just had to ask the black women to take a photo with her so she could flaunt how "diverse" she is. So many viewers say she won't say hi in public... makes me sick she probably was bashing the protestors when that happened (oh wait she took time off social media to reflect upon that... bs)
YES! She has no clue there might be other people who actually need that good deal on a desk! And I hated how that photo with the family was also like “see we can be close even during covid and it’s fine, nothing to be afraid of!” She doesn’t get it that people are being careful to protect others. The family looked uncomfortable being used as props.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

CognitiveDissonance wrote:Gah Ruby's cackling laugh in her IG stories was too much tonight! She showed a party with loads of people sitting next to each other and not a mask in sight. When she shares what her "acceptance speech" was for winning 2nd place for Utah Influencer, it didn't even make sense.
"Utah Influencer"? There's an award for that? Ewwww.
And I'm sure Ruby is using it as validation of her parenting, her lifestyle, and of course that God approves of her life.

nesland300
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nesland300 »

So today's video is just Ruby buying school supplies based on how "cute" they are and not on whether or not they have any educational function. That's all this homeschooling shtick is about, being a cutesy fake "teacher" for the camera. Then in a month when she loses interest and moves on to the next gimmick the kids will go from getting an inadequate education to not getting an education at all.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

They are very inconsistent with their mask usage as something they wear them and other times they don't wear them or have their nose exposed. Why can't they wear masks everytime they go in public and wear them correctly too and not have their nose being exposed.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:49 am
CognitiveDissonance wrote:Gah Ruby's cackling laugh in her IG stories was too much tonight! She showed a party with loads of people sitting next to each other and not a mask in sight. When she shares what her "acceptance speech" was for winning 2nd place for Utah Influencer, it didn't even make sense.
"Utah Influencer"? There's an award for that? Ewwww.
And I'm sure Ruby is using it as validation of her parenting, her lifestyle, and of course that God approves of her life.

I can't believe Ruby won that award! I have about determined that they way Ruby parents is the norm for Utah. Ruby and Kevin said in the newspaper article that CPS told them they wished more parents were like them! She's going to go forward with the book since Ruby mentioned it today. She's probably giving it a bit more time to cool down.

A few months ago all we heard was life coach. Now it will be homeschooling.
rulatows000
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rulatows000 »

Ugh, Ruby's Instagram stories are so cringy to watch her fumbling around talking nonsense and trying to sound like she's so thoughtful and profound. What I'm confused about, though, is why she's getting an award in an event meant to celebrate women entrepreneurs. Since when is she an influential entrepreneur? Lol, she doesn't edit her own videos, her kids are the backbone of the whole 8 Passengers brand, and she literally failed when she tried to start a real business. She designed two ugly dresses for her clothing company and was shocked when she wasn't automatically successful and drawing in millions, so she quit a week later. Also, she made this really, really weird comment in her stories, something about her being an 'influential mother who has access to children in her house'. "Access" to children in her home... um... are they not HER children? They're just random children in her home that she happens to have access to? She's batshit crazy and says the freakiest things about her kids to try to act like there's no maternal bond there and tries really hard to act like they're just random strangers camping in her house that she happens to live with.

In the vlog today Ruby was, again, acting like her kids are going to choose all their own subjects. She was telling Eve that she can have painting utensils to learn to paint for homeschool. Then, she got Abby a calligraphy notebook to learn calligraphy. It was obvious that Ruby has no clue how the calligraphy notebook works and I doubt she has experience painting. So are her kids just going to teach themselves how to paint and how to do calligraphy for their homeschooling? I get that homeschooling gives kids more freedom in choosing and experimenting with subjects that they're personally interested in, but she's definitely going too far with it. The only 'subjects' she has mentioned are calligraphy, painting, horseback riding, swimming, and baking. Calligraphy and painting are subjects that her kids would probably need actual teachers to help them in. Abby's not going to learn calligraphy by scribbling around in a notebook trying to figure it out herself and Eve's not going to learn painting by sitting in a corner with her painting utensils by herself. Like, you have to be reasonable in what your kids are actually going to be able to learn and what you're actually capable of teaching them, and understand that just because you get them a special notebook or utensils, they're not automatically going to know what to do.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Why do I feel like Ruby convinced her kids if they home school then she will buy them more things? Not only did they ditch their usual Walmart/target store for BTS, they went to staples. All the kids got extra things like calligraphy supplies, art and sketching supplies, special outings, etc.

Her kids need to follow a curriculum that is grade level, not going to swimming lessons and learning how to color with oil pastels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

I'm literally losing my mind with this woman. I really really need to stop watching. Why is she suddenly so obsessed with 'solid wood desks'?!? She won't stop repeating it. Every year when they go school supply shopping they all get brand new everything and get the 'cutest' stuff they find. It's just so unrelatable to me. My main school supplies lasted years, and the more temporary stuff we just got the basics. I was glad to see Abby and Julie say no to Ruby about something instead of laying down and doing whatever she suggests.

I am absolutely furious that the like-dislike ratio is back to normal and Ruby gets to continue to exploit and neglect her kids with zero consequences. I will never get over it.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

imoverit wrote:I'm literally losing my mind with this woman. I really really need to stop watching. Why is she suddenly so obsessed with 'solid wood desks'?!? She won't stop repeating it. Every year when they go school supply shopping they all get brand new everything and get the 'cutest' stuff they find. It's just so unrelatable to me. My main school supplies lasted years, and the more temporary stuff we just got the basics. I was glad to see Abby and Julie say no to Ruby about something instead of laying down and doing whatever she suggests.

I am absolutely furious that the like-dislike ratio is back to normal and Ruby gets to continue to exploit and neglect her kids with zero consequences. I will never get over it.
The worst part is that she abuses her kids but it's not enough for her to get in trouble because cps wouldn't find it abuse. I don't think Chad likes the way ruby is treating him and the other kids but he afraid of getting punished and sent back to prison camp for giving his opinion on all of this. A lot of the kids are clueless to what is going on but Chad is well aware of what is going on. Shari might know what is going on but she pretends to not know what is going on and acts like the family is normal because that is how ruby told her to act.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Return to “8 Passengers”