C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

Unread post by lmmomSD »

actuallydear wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
actuallydear wrote:They need to take Emma to the vet. She's been acting "weird" (IN PAIN, IDIOTS!) for the past 2 nights and they still didn't take her to see a vet? Poor girl. I thought they knew better than that. :(
Remember the dogs' toenails? How long they got before they finally took them to get a trim? They also lied about "trying everything" with the cats and the peeing in the house.
They let the dogs out without leashes in an unfenced yard. They rarely take them for walks. Why does anyone think that they would know better? They haven't shown themselves to be responsible pet owners.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I had no idea about any of that stuff, I don't watch them anymore - I've seen a vlog or two since Brooks' birth - only clicked on the vlog because poor Emma did not look good and I wanted to see what was wrong with her. Had no idea they'd spend a lot of the vlog talking about it, but not actually taking her to the vet. They used to be good pet owners, but I guess not. Horrible.
I didn't mean to sound snarky to _you_. I just don't understand how anyone can treat "beloved" animals this way. My dog is my third child. I don't have a lot of spare money, but if he was in pain, he would be at the vet.

mommadrama01
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by mommadrama01 »

They took her yesterday. She has a luxating platella

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

mommadrama01 wrote:They took her yesterday. She has a luxating platella

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I'm glad it's not IVDD, that is such a serious back condition. The only thing i can say in their defense is that they said she acted like she was in pain and then a bit later she would act like she was perfectly fine. I don't think i would have rushed my dog to an ER vet if she was in pain for a bit then perfectly fine. If it continued for a day or so like that then yes, i would do exactly what they did, take her to the vet. I'm very glad they took her yesterday though, i would be judging much harder if they had waited any longer. I think it was an acceptable amount of time given her disappearing symptoms. It make sense now that it was her knee and not her back. With that knee condition the pain comes and goes bc the knee goes in and out of place. If it were her back she would ave been in constant severe pain.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

As many faults as I think Katie and Cullen have I actually am fine with the time it took to take her to the vet...she wasn't in constant pain, she seemed fine for a bit and then it would get bad again. If it were my dog I would (and have) done the wait and see game.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:As many faults as I think Katie and Cullen have I actually am fine with the time it took to take her to the vet...she wasn't in constant pain, she seemed fine for a bit and then it would get bad again. If it were my dog I would (and have) done the wait and see game.
Same. My dog had a bulging disk and it was VERY VERY clear that she was in severe pain with zero relief. Nothing we would do made her comfortable, every time we touched her, no matter where, she would whine or yelp in pain. She shivered uncontrollably and REFUSED to walk or even move. We took her in ASAP when she was like that. That being said, Emma looked like she was in pain, but they said it would come and go, and that warmth helped her. I would have assumed she had a sore muscle or had strained something and would have done just like they did, given her a day or so to see if it worked out on its on or if she got worse. I think their actions were fine in this case.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

"Since we let your dad out of the tupperware" :lol:

I actually thought the bows all over the cabinets were really cute! Cheesey and slightly tacky, but pretty dang cute. I would probably just leave them there! LOL!

Definitely doesn't sound like it's Emma's back that is bothering her. I agree with the vet that the knees are likely the issue. Makes a lot of sense with the pain coming and going since the knee would be going in and out of place. Shes an older dog as well, so arthritis seems possible. I hope the meds help her and i doesn't progress any further and require surgery. :(
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I put money away every month for pet emergencies. I understand that vet bills can really add up, but I don't want money to ever be a consideration in my fur babies' care. I would have taken my dog at the first sign of pain lasting more than a few hours. If dogs are showing pain of any kind in their eyes, it's usually severe. They hide it well otherwise.

Maybe I would give them the benefit of the doubt if they hadn't already proven to be negligent pet owners in recent months. They are lazy AF with their kids, why would we expect them to be better with their pets?
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Yeahhh no pass from me. I never would have gotten to the point where my dog was "fine a few hours later" because if he's obviously in any sort of pain at all we're headed straight to the vet. The fact that they let her hurt and then decided a few hours later that she seemed fine is terrible! Sounds like they were just putting off taking her in case they didn't really have to. If my dog is hurting I'm dropping everythibg to make sure he's going to the vet, period!
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Yeahhh no pass from me. I never would have gotten to the point where my dog was "fine a few hours later" because if he's obviously in any sort of pain at all we're headed straight to the vet. The fact that they let her hurt and then decided a few hours later that she seemed fine is terrible! Sounds like they were just putting off taking her in case they didn't really have to. If my dog is hurting I'm dropping everythibg to make sure he's going to the vet, period!
Do you have kids? Would you take them to the ER if it wasn’t a dangerously high fever or respiratory issues? As a mom, I determine the severity of the situation and go from there. It’s actually quite common/normal for parents of children or fur babies to wait it out to see if matters worsen. But again there are people who take their pets/children in for the smallest thing, and that’s their prerogative. I’m not one to judge and don’t think one should fault others on their decisions either. -shrug-
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

HS, that’s great you put aside money for your pets emergency fund but others are not as fortunate.

Also want to elaborate on the fact that taking a child or pet out of their comfort zone without exhausting all other options could be more stressful to them, so that’s why some wait it out to determine how necessary it is to go to the ER or vet. Just sayin’....
☆彡
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

japaluvr wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:Yeahhh no pass from me. I never would have gotten to the point where my dog was "fine a few hours later" because if he's obviously in any sort of pain at all we're headed straight to the vet. The fact that they let her hurt and then decided a few hours later that she seemed fine is terrible! Sounds like they were just putting off taking her in case they didn't really have to. If my dog is hurting I'm dropping everythibg to make sure he's going to the vet, period!
Do you have kids? Would you take them to the ER if it wasn’t a dangerously high fever or respiratory issues? As a mom, I determine the severity of the situation and go from there. It’s actually quite common/normal for parents of children or fur babies to wait it out to see if matters worsen. But again there are people who take their pets/children in for the smallest thing, and that’s their prerogative. I’m not one to judge and don’t think one should fault others on their decisions either. -shrug-
Fantastic for you if you aren't going to judge poor pet care, that doesn't have to apply for the rest of us.

Why does it matter if RBF has kids? We are taking about a pet. Sorry, but your argument that some people are too quick to take their kids to the emergency is irrelevant. If RBF has a pet she cares about, and I'm sure she does, then she knows how she would feel in hat situation. I am NOT one that rushes my kids in the emerg, but I do take issues with my pets seriously. Know why? Pets HIDE issues and I've seen simple symptoms turn into costly issues very quickly. For some people that's a big deal because not everyone would be as quick as Cullen and Katie to give a cat away (or I'm sure euthanize) when an issue becomes too inconvenient. I had a kitten go into congestive heart failure without any warning. He seemed lethargic and sleepy, but otherwise fine. If I hadn't taken him to the vet that day, he would have died. I don't wait and see unless it's a GI thing or a cold when it comes to my pets.

Excuse me for eye rolling at the constant defence of those two, but I have a sister that is a vet tech and I've heard all kinds of horror stories about people that euthanized their pets because they took too long to bring them in for care. That could have been a clot that Emma had thrown, or countless other serious issues. Rootbeer may not understand the watch and see approach because she doesn't have kids, but I do have them and nonetheless call BS on that argument. Emma was showing signs of severe pain, not a slight GI illness or something you might keep an eye on Image
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

japaluvr wrote:HS, that’s great you put aside money for your pets emergency fund but others are not as fortunate.

Also want to elaborate on the fact that taking a child or pet out of their comfort zone without exhausting all other options could be more stressful to them, so that’s why some wait it out to determine how necessary it is to go to the ER or vet. Just sayin’....
Cullen and Katie spent $1k on a Christmas tree.... they are certainly fortunate enough to put money away to take those pets to the vet when needed.

Is C&K not who we are discussing here?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
japaluvr wrote:HS, that’s great you put aside money for your pets emergency fund but others are not as fortunate.

Cullen and Katie spent $1k on a Christmas tree.... they are certainly fortunate enough to put money away to take those pets to the vet when needed.

Is C&K not who we are discussing here?
If money was keeping them from taking her to the vet, not even specifying an emergency vet, then they really need to rethink the daily gifts from "Beth", all the new Christmas decorations for the new house, the Balsam Hill tree and their decision to vlog as a sole means of support. If they don't even have room on a credit card to take care of a pet in pain, then something really is wrong with adulting.
I understand that some people can't run to the emergency vet-- the one near us wanted $500 _up front_ last time we had a pet emergency. But Cullen and Katie spend on themselves like it's not an issue all the time. I understand maybe waiting for daytime vet hours because it's good to go to the usual vet, and the emergency vet is often an unknown quantity, but they have been negligent in other ways with the dogs and the cats. I already mentioned the untrimmed claws, letting them out unleashed in an unfenced yard, the few walks (that we see, anyway) and the "We tried _everything_!" lie about the cats, but they have also let Gaines use the dogs as pillows, and they are not young dogs.

And they're the ones who waited until after a parade to take their son who supposedly "couldn't breathe" to urgent care, and then happily milked it for views. Sorry-- gotta side eye this.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

They have totally been negligent in the past with the pets (and their kids!) but honestly I don't see an issue with this. Dogs pull muscles. They "tweak" themselves the same as people do, it wasn't constant pain, she was eating, she was urinating, when the pain did flare up they were able to keep it at bay. When it didn't clear up completely in 24-48 hours they went to the vet. That's pretty typical.
When we first got our dog she pulled a muscle in her leg. We didn't know at the time, all we saw is she refused to put weight on her back leg and wasn't playing/eating/jumping on the couch (haha). We freaked and ran her to the vet. Who kindly told us to save our money if it happened again and wait it out. That not everything is an emergency/need to make an appointment. We were even told we could give her half an aspirin if she seemed to have muscle pain.
It's not like they left her outside to suffer in pain. They did soothe her pain, their home remedy was seeming to work. When it was clear it wasn't getting better they made an appointment.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Thanks for backing me up HS. I am not a parent but I'd like to point out that there's a difference between illness and pain, and between a human child (whom you can communicate with and whom you likely understand the anatomy and physiology of) and a pet (whom you cannot question, or whose body or symptoms you might not fully understand.)

I love my dog and would be beside myself if I thought he was in any pain and I wasn't doing anything about it. I wouldn't be able to dismiss it as "oh he's fine now." I would be worrying over the cause, what if the pain comes back, etc. I would not be able to lay down to sleep at night without taking him to the vet to get him checked out.

My dog ripped off his claw a few years back, leaving only bloody quick behind. He was in no visible pain, walked fine, let us handle it the foot, etc. I took him to the vet anyway and she told us it was probably excruciating for him but that he didn't want to show us the pain. I cried the rest of the day for him because he wasn't doing it for himself.

So yeah, I'm going to judge the hell out of them for dismissing Emma's pain. They obviously weren't too concerned for her but if I saw my dog in that shape I'd be beside myself.

I guess I shouldn't expect much though. Cullen doesn't even go to the doctor with his own sick kids, I don't know why the dog would get any special treatment.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

The ONLY reason for not taking Emma to the vet stat is they are lazy af. There literally is no other reason or excuse at this point.

And just to say, I had to sit down when I saw that they actually took the kids to a play park. I mean, an actual outside, real life play park. Perhaps that's what exhausted them too much to tend to Emma :?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

Off topic (from Emma) but a CK video from 2015 was in my suggested videos. Specifically, it was September 09, 2015 titled "Baby Says New Words!". I watched the whole video but the last couple of minutes, C&K were so appreciative and humble. WTF happened to them? I can't believe the difference in the quality vlogs and their overall demeanor from then to now - it's really quite shocking.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Why I associated a kid to the pet is because I'm thinking in terms of an infant/toddler since I currently have a child that age who can't communicate yet. If it was a much older child who can describe their symptoms then yes, I certainly wouldn't compare the two species. I did not know pets could hide their symptoms, do all of them do that? My cat was very lethargic years ago which was weird for him, but we waited it out for a few hours until he showed signs of not eating or playing so we did take him to the vet and found out it was a UTI.

As for the vet costs, I'm sure the money wasn't an issue. I was just saying that not a lot of people are lucky to save enough money for an overall emergency fund because you brought up saving money for your pets which is great, but I'm pretty sure others are not as fortunate to do so.

Sorry RBF if I discredited your feelings comparing your pet to kids who can't communicate how they feel yet. That was not my intention. I was just bringing up another scenario.
☆彡
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Cullen posted on Twitter he received a box wrapped in duct tape. My first thought was ManCrates (http://www.mancrates.com/). You have the option to have the box/crate wrapped in duct tape so the recipient could have more fun or just be really pissed off trying to open it. XD I did one for my husband, it was a gift card that was enclosed in cement that he had to hammer to get out. It was hysterical to watch! I can't wait to see what he got or what was in it...
☆彡
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:Why I associated a kid to the pet is because I'm thinking in terms of an infant/toddler since I currently have a child that age who can't communicate yet. If it was a much older child who can describe their symptoms then yes, I certainly wouldn't compare the two species. I did not know pets could hide their symptoms, do all of them do that? My cat was very lethargic years ago which was weird for him, but we waited it out for a few hours until he showed signs of not eating or playing so we did take him to the vet and found out it was a UTI.

As for the vet costs, I'm sure the money wasn't an issue. I was just saying that not a lot of people are lucky to save enough money for an overall emergency fund because you brought up saving money for your pets which is great, but I'm pretty sure others are not as fortunate to do so.

Sorry RBF if I discredited your feelings comparing your pet to kids who can't communicate how they feel yet. That was not my intention. I was just bringing up another scenario.
Well and I would agree that a pet (or child) seeming a bit under the weather isn't grounds for an emergency visit and you can wait it out a bit until you can schedule an appointment. I've done that myself. The main sticking point for me was that Emma was in pain, and I could never in good conscious allow my dog to be in pain without doing something about it. Feeling crummy and genuinely hurting are two very different things.

I don't know if all pets (or even all dogs) hide pain but it certainly is common. They have no real way to express to you that something is wrong or that something hurts, they just have to live with it and maybe you'll notice. That's why I'm so adamant about getting my pets checked out right away in case of obvious distress, because if is noticable to us then it's probably devastating to them. Even if it's nothing or not an emergency I can't put a price tag on making sure my dog has a happy, comfortable life.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”