Ellie & Jared - Views Are Stale - Tesla For Sale | Part 41

Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellie & Jared - Views Are Stale - Tesla For Sale | Part

Unread post by Sickandtired »

JVK19 wrote:Ok a bit off topic but not.......I'm ashamed to admit i ordered the cookbook. I make the "rolls" that Ellie and her mom made on her channel all the time so I thought there would be some other bread type things and easy recipes I could make during the week. I ordered it aug 13th. It JUST came today dec 4th. I ordered it for my birthday in SEPTEMBER! And the icing on the cake is it not only took 4 months to come, but it came in a box that was all smashed up and the corners of the book were all bent. So not impressed. I really wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt but I will never order anything from them again. 4 months is an insane amount of time to wait. One month is too long to wait! Now about the cookbook, I've just quickly flipped through and I was going to try making their goulash. It is so hard to follow! It doesn't even say on any of the recipes how many people it feeds! Am I going to have enough to serve 7?! And what are bottled tomatoes? Lol! Most recipes in any cookbook will say "a can of diced tomatoes" or "a can of stewed tomatoes". In the directions it says bottled tomatoes and that she crushes them with a fork. Ok.....like how crushed? Like a sauce? I don't know. That wasn't the only thing I noticed either. Just a lot of things that are unclear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know they were claiming that weather was delaying them from sending out cookbooks back in October, also they bottle their own food. So when they say a bottle of tomatoes, they assume everyone else has their own bottled tomatoes in their basement. So I would say a can of crushed tomatoes would work I would also be SOOO PISSED if the book came to me in awful shape, I understand that sometimes postal workers aren't very careful. But, they should have wrapped the book up in bubble wrap before placing it in the box. Why not double box the book too. Sounds like they don't know how to ship things. I for one refuse to give them any of my money. They have the prices way to high in price for my liking, especially on the Bollie website....
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

JVK19 wrote:Ok a bit off topic but not.......I'm ashamed to admit i ordered the cookbook. I make the "rolls" that Ellie and her mom made on her channel all the time so I thought there would be some other bread type things and easy recipes I could make during the week. I ordered it aug 13th. It JUST came today dec 4th. I ordered it for my birthday in SEPTEMBER! And the icing on the cake is it not only took 4 months to come, but it came in a box that was all smashed up and the corners of the book were all bent. So not impressed. I really wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt but I will never order anything from them again. 4 months is an insane amount of time to wait. One month is too long to wait! Now about the cookbook, I've just quickly flipped through and I was going to try making their goulash. It is so hard to follow! It doesn't even say on any of the recipes how many people it feeds! Am I going to have enough to serve 7?! And what are bottled tomatoes? Lol! Most recipes in any cookbook will say "a can of diced tomatoes" or "a can of stewed tomatoes". In the directions it says bottled tomatoes and that she crushes them with a fork. Ok.....like how crushed? Like a sauce? I don't know. That wasn't the only thing I noticed either. Just a lot of things that are unclear

I think it’s safe to say that each recipe will feed HALF the amount of people you would normally expect it to. They all eat off dessert plates rather than dinner plates. (when they use plates!)

JVK19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JVK19 »

Omg that is such a great point and I didn't even consider that

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Sickandtired wrote:

I know they were claiming that weather was delaying them from sending out cookbooks back in October, also they bottle their own food. So when they say a bottle of tomatoes, they assume everyone else has their own bottled tomatoes in their basement. So I would say a can of crushed tomatoes would work I would also be SOOO PISSED if the book came to me in awful shape, I understand that sometimes postal workers aren't very careful. But, they should have wrapped the book up in bubble wrap before placing it in the box. Why not double box the book too. Sounds like they don't know how to ship things. I for one refuse to give them any of my money. They have the prices way to high in price for my liking, especially on the Bollie website....
Didn’t they stuff them in an envelope and then put them in a box, or was that just an act for a vlog?

Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I've not been watching their vlogs at all lately, but I was just watching the Thanksgiving vlog and it will never not crack me up how excited she gets to "let" the boys play with toys that were once hers. I love Jackson's shade toward Ellie lately "Is it old and dirty?" I cracked up.

Also, I saw on Jared's twitter lately where he said something about her being in her robe all the time. I'm thinking that as the kids age and start casting more shade on Ellie, these vlogs might get more entertaining. :D
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I have never even heard of "bottled tomatoes"... Is that a Utah saying? My mother and i CAN tomatoes (and various other veggies, green beans, lots of pickles..) which aren't really in a can but in mason jars, is that "bottled"? I had very low expectations when it came to the recipe book, seeing how grossly uneducated they ALL are and that they were going to be in charge of copy editing themselves. They REALLLLLLY should have shelled out a little cash and hired an editor with cookbook experience. Or at least looked at another cookbook to see how recipes should be printed and what all information they list. But these are the people who were confused as hell over people wanting a REAL sizing chart on Bollie not just a XS = 2/4 chart.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

There's no nutritional information on the recipes either, is there?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:There's no nutritional information on the recipes either, is there?

I have no idea but based on the fact that they don't even list how many servings each dish is, i doubt it. Did they include the little time frame things? Idk what the technical term for them would be but the little blurbs that say "prep time 20 mins, cook time, 15 mins total time 35 mins..." bc that is an important bit of info for me when im meal planning.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Oh, and when my mom put up tomatoes, we called it "canning" them, even though they were in glass jars.
"Bottled" tomatoes must be a Griffiths thing.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Oh, and when my mom put up tomatoes, we called it "canning" them, even though they were in glass jars.
"Bottled" tomatoes must be a Griffiths thing.

I'm picturing someone having no idea what that means and being like "bottled tomato??" and dumping in a bottle of ketchup :lol: Or going to the grocery store and asking if they have bottled tomato.. (bc wouldnt most recipes call for 1 16 oz can of crushed tomatoes, and if you had your own canned, you would just use yours and crush them like they are saying too? People who have canned tomatoes would get it, but people who don't won't have a CLUE what they mean.)
Ckc717
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ckc717 »

Ellie thinks she’s a damn expert now, when she’s like I told Bonnie you need to go get your iron checked. Ok Ellie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Lol I think someone said this when Tommy was born but I just finished rewatching Full House and went right to Fuller House (I tried watching it when it came out but it seemed too extra so I figured it might help to rewatch Full House) and I think it’s so funny that E+J’s kids share 2 out of 3 names with DJ’s kids and in the correct order. Even still I feel like Max reminds me of Calvin anyway so it works out

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

HelloSweetie wrote:

I bet they eat off dessert plates because when they were younger at home..food was hard to come by..hence the obsession with bread and milk also. Their parents really messed them up
I think it’s safe to say that each recipe will feed HALF the amount of people you would normally expect it to. They all eat off dessert plates rather than dinner plates. (when they use plates!)

crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

On Julie's vlog today, she tells that the recipe for German Chocolate Cake has a mistake in it. The recipes states that you need sweetened condensed milk, but is actually evaporated milk!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

crowmtmom78 wrote:

On Julie's vlog today, she tells that the recipe for German Chocolate Cake has a mistake in it. The recipes states that you need sweetened condensed milk, but is actually evaporated milk!

Who the hell calls evaporated milk morning milk? That and bottled tomatoes..omg! Get with the program Griffiths!
lil-pupper
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lil-pupper »

crowmtmom78 wrote:

oh my GOODNESS. don't know why I'm so continuously shocked by their unprofessionalism, but it seriously knows no bounds
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Catface2 wrote:
crowmtmom78 wrote:

Who the hell calls evaporated milk morning milk? That and bottled tomatoes..omg! Get with the program Griffiths!
If you are publishing a cookbook on an INTERNATIONAL SCALE you should NOT use regional slag, or if you do you really need to explain yourself in detail. This is a bigger train wreck than Bollie!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:
Catface2 wrote:
crowmtmom78 wrote:On Julie's vlog today, she tells that the recipe for German Chocolate Cake has a mistake in it. The recipes states that you need sweetened condensed milk, but is actually evaporated milk!

If you are publishing a cookbook on an INTERNATIONAL SCALE you should NOT use regional slag, or if you do you really need to explain yourself in detail. This is a bigger train wreck than Bollie!
This is why I think it’s funny when people try to argue that Jared could find a decent job with his YT experience. A lot of the projects he has worked on aren’t exactly impressive. He’s no smarter than the rest of them. Suddenly it makes sense why he wasn’t accepted into his program, and ended up selling cell phones.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Catface2 wrote:
crowmtmom78 wrote:

If you Google "morning milk" all you get is articles about drinking milk in the morning, or on an empty stomach.
They really are dumber than boxes of rocks.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ellie & Jared - Views Are Stale - Tesla For Sale | Part 41

Penny is in Ellie’s IG story today and (surprise surprise!) they are taking family photos. Funny how Penny only seems to matter during photo days and seems to be missing most others....

I smell a pregnancy reveal in the future.

Oh, and E&J are out to lunch with B&J and Ellie says they actually have their wallet for once and are going to pay. She even acknowledges that B&J usually pay because they “always forget their wallet.” It’s cute to be irresponsible and take advantage of others in their world.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”