8 Passengers: Don't Cry Over Lost Footage| Part #11

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Don't Cry Over Lost Footage| Part #11

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

LilaRose wrote:I'm recovering from surgery at the moment, so I have too much time just lying in bed all day and therefore happened to watch Shari's "what's in my bag" video.

I know we have gotten the feeling that Ruby has gotten more relaxed over the years, but watching that video I actually doubt that. I guess she is just hiding it better in the vlogs.

Shari mentions that she is showing her bags but that her mother will still go through them and approve what she's packed/throw stuff out/get mad.
I mean: Really? Shari is 16 years old and in Ruby's eyes ready to marry in two years, but she can't decide by herself what to bring on a trip? Really? Isn't Ruby always talking about wanting the kids to be responsible? But then she has to control how many freakin T-Shirts they are allowed to bring? That's insane. Why not just give her the bag and tell her to bring whatever fits in there? It's a road trip so they don't have to carry it around anyway. Why does it matter to Ruby if Shari has 4 or 5 T-Shirts, as long as they fit in her suitcase? Shari also mentioned that she wanted to bring a jacket but Ruby didn't allow it, because it's gonna be warm. I mean they are not going to Arizona but driving up the east coast for three weeks, where yes it could get chilly in the evenings, even during the summer. I also didn't see one pair of long pants or even a sweater in that suitcase. I guess they'll end up buying stuff.

But what really shocked me the most is how controlling Ruby actually (still) is. Checking her 16 year old daughters bag, allowing her only a certain amount of T-Shirts (she has 4 for 3 weeks for heaven's sake!), not allowing her to bring a jacket even though she wants to. That's insane, it really is. I would have laughed at my mother if she had forbidden me to bring a jacket, especially at that age. Ridiculous. But of course she buys them huge make up and jewelry cases which they have to bring, even though they (especially Abby) hardly wear any make up or jewelry.

They all have to do things EXACTLY how Grandma Griff did them and it’s insane.

Someone else mentioned they couldn’t get financing for the loan because of their YT income. It probably wasn’t their YT income, but their lack of a credit history. Grandma Griff taught her girls you don’t need a credit card because she never had one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LilaRose
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by LilaRose »

HelloSweetie wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:12 am
LilaRose wrote:I'm recovering from surgery at the moment, so I have too much time just lying in bed all day and therefore happened to watch Shari's "what's in my bag" video.

I know we have gotten the feeling that Ruby has gotten more relaxed over the years, but watching that video I actually doubt that. I guess she is just hiding it better in the vlogs.

Shari mentions that she is showing her bags but that her mother will still go through them and approve what she's packed/throw stuff out/get mad.
I mean: Really? Shari is 16 years old and in Ruby's eyes ready to marry in two years, but she can't decide by herself what to bring on a trip? Really? Isn't Ruby always talking about wanting the kids to be responsible? But then she has to control how many freakin T-Shirts they are allowed to bring? That's insane. Why not just give her the bag and tell her to bring whatever fits in there? It's a road trip so they don't have to carry it around anyway. Why does it matter to Ruby if Shari has 4 or 5 T-Shirts, as long as they fit in her suitcase? Shari also mentioned that she wanted to bring a jacket but Ruby didn't allow it, because it's gonna be warm. I mean they are not going to Arizona but driving up the east coast for three weeks, where yes it could get chilly in the evenings, even during the summer. I also didn't see one pair of long pants or even a sweater in that suitcase. I guess they'll end up buying stuff.

But what really shocked me the most is how controlling Ruby actually (still) is. Checking her 16 year old daughters bag, allowing her only a certain amount of T-Shirts (she has 4 for 3 weeks for heaven's sake!), not allowing her to bring a jacket even though she wants to. That's insane, it really is. I would have laughed at my mother if she had forbidden me to bring a jacket, especially at that age. Ridiculous. But of course she buys them huge make up and jewelry cases which they have to bring, even though they (especially Abby) hardly wear any make up or jewelry.

They all have to do things EXACTLY how Grandma Griff did them and it’s insane.

Someone else mentioned they couldn’t get financing for the loan because of their YT income. It probably wasn’t their YT income, but their lack of a credit history. Grandma Griff taught her girls you don’t need a credit card because she never had one.

ah that makes sense. I was always wondering why other youtubers could afford those huge, white, soulless homes with a lot less subscribers and viewers than Ruby and both spouses in the youtube business while Kevin is still working in a good paying position.
emilynxlan
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by emilynxlan »

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201907 ... da6e2d.jpg[/IMG]
Anyone wanna volunteer to watch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

"I'm keeping a close eye on Eve" Since when?
Eve talking with her mouth full-- lovely. And hypocrite mom ragging about Eve not "showing gratitude and being humble". She is in no position to throw stones about "being humble". How is Eve supposed to know how to act? Sometimes it's "hilarious" when she acts out, and sometimes she gets in trouble. She doesn't even remember where they are. She needs to get checked out. And she doesn't know shit about the area she's in. She apparently thinks the entire area is Nags Head. Kitty Hawk is where the Wright Brothers flew. Not Nags Head.
Of course she's got a big ol' crusty cold sore. And she said she had to do laundry because she was "out of clean underwear". Way TMI.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Gossip_Girl »

lmmomSD wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:02 am "I'm keeping a close eye on Eve" Since when?
Eve talking with her mouth full-- lovely. And hypocrite mom ragging about Eve not "showing gratitude and being humble". She is in no position to throw stones about "being humble". How is Eve supposed to know how to act? Sometimes it's "hilarious" when she acts out, and sometimes she gets in trouble. She doesn't even remember where they are. She needs to get checked out. And she doesn't know shit about the area she's in. She apparently thinks the entire area is Nags Head. Kitty Hawk is where the Wright Brothers flew. Not Nags Head.
Of course she's got a big ol' crusty cold sore. And she said she had to do laundry because she was "out of clean underwear". Way TMI.

She’s going to have to do laundry every few days if everyone only brought a few shirts. Although it wouldn’t surprise me if she made her kids rewear their dirty clothing.
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

lmmomSD wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:02 am "I'm keeping a close eye on Eve" Since when?

she's running out of underwear on the 5th day of a three week long trip. And her kids do to, because they were only allowed to bring five pieces of each item. Five shirts, fine, I don't really mind a kind wearing a shirt twice. But why oh why can't they just bring 10 pairs of underwear? They don't take up any space anyway and they wouldn't have to wash constantly. There is no logic behind that rule, it's just completely insane.
kates_crush
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kates_crush »

LilaRose wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:00 am

she's running out of underwear on the 5th day of a three week long trip. And her kids do to, because they were only allowed to bring five pieces of each item. Five shirts, fine, I don't really mind a kind wearing a shirt twice. But why oh why can't they just bring 10 pairs of underwear? They don't take up any space anyway and they wouldn't have to wash constantly. There is no logic behind that rule, it's just completely insane.
I remember watching vids before a while ago of her showing the kids drawers/cleaning them out and I have seen the kids closets before and honestly they don't actually own many clothing items, I would say five different outfits each, I know at one point julie had barely any socks. She only buys them a couple outfit pieces a year because the clothes she does buy are expensive.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

This was posted in E&J's thread. "A deep love of American history"? Right. That's why she thinks the entire Outer Banks is Nags Head. Didn't she say something idiotic about the Native Americans in Utah once as well? "Took several AP history classes"-- why don't I buy that? [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201907 ... 602555.jpg[/IMG]

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

AveryG19 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:29 pm
Namm wrote:
LilaRose wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:47 am I'm recovering from surgery at the moment, so I have too much time just lying in bed all day and therefore happened to watch Shari's "what's in my bag" video.

I think relaxed (lazy about certain things) but still controlling as you mentioned. She learned from her sisters mistakes and she's not going down that road with her channel. When she notice that viewers aren't feeling something she hides it or stops doing in in front of the camera. Bonnie didn't learn not even after she got a second chance and look where it brought her.
What did bonnie do? I don’t watch any of the other sisters

Bonnie's been given many chances and opportunities to change her ways but chose to remain nonchalant and she's mean to her children. She even got demonetized once and people went in and supported her and Joel so they could continue to live off their channel but once they got their channel back they never looked back to thank their viewers for supporting them. They just became arrogant so people are over Bonnie H. and her beloved Joel. I would recommend you to check out Bonnie's threads for more insight.
Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

8 passengers: 3 shirts 😂😂😂
But seriously, new thread soon! I wish I had the talent of coming up with hilarious thread titles. I love the part five thread title “8 passengers, 11 If We Can Find Our Pets” I don’t know how y’all do it. 😂
Milelu89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Milelu89 »

LilaRose wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:00 am she's running out of underwear on the 5th day of a three week long trip. And her kids do to, because they were only allowed to bring five pieces of each item. Five shirts, fine, I don't really mind a kind wearing a shirt twice. But why oh why can't they just bring 10 pairs of underwear? They don't take up any space anyway and they wouldn't have to wash constantly. There is no logic behind that rule, it's just completely insane.
This!!! I just don't get it? What is wrong with this woman? It's not like she is going lightweight backpacking by herself and can wash her underwear in a nice creek. I will never understand how she can recommend just taking 4-5 pieces of underwear on a trip like that. What kind of housewife is that? She really wants to find a laundromat everywhere they go? And Kevin is used to travelling, I don't think he is going to laundromats in Rome. I would hate my mom for dictating me what to put in my suitcase. That's just stupid.

Way to destroy your holidays, now everyone can listen to her whine about having to do the laundry.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

So I guess Ruby didn't supervise Kevin's packing since he still had underwear and she was having to wear his underwear! :D Pack more stuff Ruby and you wouldn't have to worry about having to wash so often.
mix10
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mix10 »

I seriously cannot get over this underwear situation, you would think they had never traveled before?? lol I get that when you fly you can’t pack as much as you can when you drive, but underwear does not take up much room at all. I went to Europe for two weeks last summer and brought a pair to wear every day and still had plenty of room in my suitcase for all of my other clothes and things. I mean you can also stick a few pairs in your carry on if you have to as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

She doesn't know the difference between North and South Carolina?
And the freaking out about the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel...
Does Chick Fil-A give vloggers gift cards? They all eat there all the time.
The kids "literally" helped. Can they figuratively help? And you don't have to call to find out what time Mt Vernon closes.
Chad wants to go to West Point after seeing the changing of the guard at Arlington. Yeah. Seeing a few soldiers doing a ceremony is a good reason to commit to the military. Not. And I say that as someone who has grown up in the military and even married into it. The dramatic music at Arlington was a bit much. And to me, it's disrespectful to film the changing of the guard-- especially in a monetized video.
I'm sorry. I just can't with Ruby's smug face for most of the video. And the whining about laundry. Maybe if you had packed a little more...Go find a laundromat!
The one thing I can say is that at least she takes her kids on these trips, unlike her sisters. I can't see Bonnie doing this kind of road trip

Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:31 am She doesn't know the difference between North and South Carolina?
The kids "literally" helped. Can they figuratively help? And you don't have to call to find out what time Mt Vernon closes.
Chad wants to go to West Point after seeing the changing of the guard at Arlington. Image Yeah. Seeing a few soldiers doing a ceremony is a good reason to commit to the military. Not. And I say that as someone who has grown up in the military and even married into it. The dramatic music at Arlington was a bit much. And to me, it's disrespectful to film the changing of the guard-- especially in a monetized video.
I'm sorry. I just can't with Ruby's smug face for most of the video. And the whining about laundry. Maybe if you had packed a little more...Go find a laundromat!
The one thing I can say is that at least she takes her kids on these trips, unlike her sisters. I can't see Bonnie doing this kind of road trip

I mean, I eat at Chick-fil-a all the time and I don’t have a Youtube channel lol. I honestly thought it was more popular down here in the southeast though than the west. I don’t see it as much in the northern Midwest states. I’m pretty indifferent about the filming of the guards. Filming and photos are allowed. As long as you are silent I don’t see the problem. The guards have no problem with calling people out though especially if they are beyond the ropes.
yttrash
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by yttrash »

sheltiefan wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:35 am So I guess Ruby didn't supervise Kevin's packing since he still had underwear and she was having to wear his underwear! :D Pack more stuff Ruby and you wouldn't have to worry about having to wash so often.
Or just handwash a pair of panties in the sink... not too complicated.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

How many times is Ruby going to share with the world that she has no clean underwear ??
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

It's just the way vloggers are always announcing that they're eating at Chick Fil-A. I get that people like it (I have been boycotting it for the same reason Ruby loves it) but they are often mentioning that they're eating there. I mean do most people go around saying "We're eating Chick Fil-A"? Usually it's "We're getting lunch/dinner" not "We're getting Chick Fil-A".
Maybe I am making too much out of it.

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:31 am She doesn't know the difference between North and South Carolina?
Chad wants to go to West Point after seeing the changing of the guard at Arlington. Image Yeah. Seeing a few soldiers doing a ceremony is a good reason to commit to the military. Not. And I say that as someone who has grown up in the military and even married into it. The dramatic music at Arlington was a bit much. And to me, it's disrespectful to film the changing of the guard-- especially in a monetized video.

Bonnie (and Ellie) would do a road trip like this if they brought along a manicurist and hair stylist. Priorities you know.
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

sheltiefan wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:35 am So I guess Ruby didn't supervise Kevin's packing since he still had underwear and she was having to wear his underwear! :D Pack more stuff Ruby and you wouldn't have to worry about having to wash so often.
and it still fit in his little suitcase .... what a surprise

Return to “8 Passengers”