8 Passengers: Feeding Your Kids Leftovers and Emotions | Part 15

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: 8 Passengers: Feeding Your Kids Leftovers and Emotions | Part 15

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Gossip_Girl wrote:I'm usually fairly patient with Ruby. I don't nit pit everything she does like some viewers do. However, all I have to say in reply to the latest video is OF COURSE HOSPITALS ARE OPEN YOU DIMWIT
Right? It's an international medical crisis. Let's close the hospitals.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by SwiftlyD »

lmmomSD wrote:
SwiftlyD wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:No, Utah is one of the few states that doesn't have a shelter in place order. These bozos (and others) keep calling it "quarantine", which it's not. You quarantine if you have traveled or suspect you have been exposed. Shelter in place is to _keep_ from being exposed. And for some reason, the governor of Utah doesn't think it's necessary.
When the hospitals are overwhelmed, and people are dying from lack of care, and ventilators and medications are running out, wonder what he is going to tell his constituents.

Fellow YouTuber Mormons This Is How we Bingham just went on a trip to New York

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
No, they didn't. It's footage of their trip from last year. They just want you to think they did so you will watch. It's an hour vlog of crap they already showed.
Insensitive assholes.

Sorry my bad I didn't read the description and haven't been watching them that long and just reacted based on feelings.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Does she not realize we shelter in place to flatten the curve so the hospitals are not overrun.Shelter in place is to slow the spread down. Maybe she should watch the news and learn why we are all sacrificing. It is not about her. It’s about all of us.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

UKhousewife wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:01 pm I’m so sorry if this is incredibly rude/racist. I’m in England and maybe it’s a cultural thing?! I’m a mum and for me meal times are a big deal. The table is laid, everyone has a drink, you’re expected to stay at the table until the end etc. I’m not a particularly strict mother, this is just standard. Ruby’s family meal times just seem so casual! Kids/adults just wandering in and out. No cutlery set out on table, no water etc. Is this just her or are meal times just more informal in the States? It just seems such a shame when you have a lovely big family - surely big chatty meal times are one of the best things about it!
I was raised the same way. Dinner was exactly at 6 and everybody was expected to sit together and eat a healthy dinner. I don't know how my mother did it since I come from a big family but she did - every night. Nobody was allowed to get up and play during dinner like the Franke's do. When I had children, we did the same except not quite as strict. Of course that all changed when they got a little older and had practices, etc.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

ba1006 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:30 am
UKhousewife wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:01 pm I’m so sorry if this is incredibly rude/racist. I’m in England and maybe it’s a cultural thing?! I’m a mum and for me meal times are a big deal. The table is laid, everyone has a drink, you’re expected to stay at the table until the end etc. I’m not a particularly strict mother, this is just standard. Ruby’s family meal times just seem so casual! Kids/adults just wandering in and out. No cutlery set out on table, no water etc. Is this just her or are meal times just more informal in the States? It just seems such a shame when you have a lovely big family - surely big chatty meal times are one of the best things about it!
I was raised the same way. Dinner was exactly at 6 and everybody was expected to sit together and eat a healthy dinner. I don't know how my mother did it since I come from a big family but she did - every night. Nobody was allowed to get up and play during dinner like the Franke's do. When I had children, we did the same except not quite as strict. Of course that all changed when they got a little older and had practices, etc.
They are overly strict on some things, but not enough on others like, manners, all of the kids, sisters included, climb and stand on kitchen counters, and have very poor table manners.
emma2948
Talker
Talker

Unread post by emma2948 »

SwiftlyD wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:13 am Where did they get all of those nice expensive laptops? Like one of them is a surface laptop made by Microsoft and even referbished they're probably $800 and brand new they're just over $1000 for the lowest model. They could've just got every kid a moderately nice $200 Chromebook and been fine. Okay so maybe I'm jealous about those laptops sorry for my rant.

It's crazy to me because precious Ruby doesn't want to be made a victim by her kids and therefore refuses to buy them essentials when they have enough "money" to do it themselves. Do you remember how she wouldn't buy Chad new clothes after coming back from Anastazi and she wouldn't buy him a new school backpack! Oh yeah, don't forget that in one of the videos, Ruby wanted Chad to get a haircut, but he stood his ground and said he did not want to get a lot of hair trimmed off and that he'd have to pay for his own haircut anyway!! Wtf?? I think I've mentioned before that I'm near Shari's age and even then, my mom is still willing to pay for certain things like school supplies, clothes (if I really need it), a haircut etc And tbh Ruby, my mom buying me what I consider to be essentials does not make me spoiled. Also, at my school (even though it's not a private religious school like the one the kids attend) students can rent out chromebooks and return them at the end of the year, which is obviously way less expensive then buying brand new laptops 4 kids. I have a feeling that their school is doing the same thing, but I bet Ruby just wanted to get the laptops to flaunt how rich they are, and so that she could make a small montage of her kids decorating their stupid laptops. Also, my older sister only got her first LAPTOP when she actually started uni, and it was the brand Shari has, and it is super expensive, not something my parents would've splurged on just for the sake of it, but because she actually does need it.
emma2948
Talker
Talker

Alycat_2001_uk wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:28 am She feels that the current situation is 'a dream' and she's 'loving' it. She thinks everyone is overreacting. She seems surprised that her travel means she's a risk and they have to reschedule poor Shari's surgery.
I would be interested to see if she has realised by now how stupid all of that is since it was filmed about a week or two ago. Having said that, she uploaded it so she must think she looks fine. I would be interested to see what happens if she does end up having caught it whilst on her selfish little holiday and passes it on. I'd be interested to see how her viewers respond to this view of the situation she's putting out when they might have loved ones who've died.
Her fans will defend her NO MATTER WHAT. Ruby could've murdered my mom and her fans would still defend her!!! I don't remember who mentioned this once on this site, but a few people have called their fans, "mindless minions" and that's exactly what they are. If they keep praising Ruby like she's a saint sent from above, with only a few comments critisizing what she did, she obviously won't feel that what she did was completely idiotic and wrong.
emma2948
Talker
Talker

ba1006 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:30 am
But when you only get disgusting eggs and beans for dinner, can you blame the kids for prolonging having to eat utter bullshit? 😂😂
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

It’s so ironic that they have a cook book out and they still can’t cook! Ruby straight up has no passion for anything but shopping for clothes. That’s why all her “mills” look and most likely taste like shit. Kevin is a self righteous, pompous buffoon but at least he’s passionate about the food he grills. All the kids flock to is cooking. Ruby is a joke.
emma2948
Talker
Talker

yttrash wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:19 pm I saw the funniest exchange on one of Kevin's posts

A girl commented something along the lines of- stop pushing your faith, you dont need religion to be a good person.
Kevin replies he's not pushing it, "its a you problem", and that she should evaluate her tolerance towards others.
She replies ""intolerance towards others" says the one who doesn't believe in gay marriage"

LMAO
I went to go see the post, and unfortunately that comment got deleted, guess on top of his pompous, righteous "everything I do is right" personality disorder, he also can't stand people speaking the truth. He's a fucking idiot.
Audrey3196
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Audrey3196 »

Maybe it’s just me, but does anyone else notice that Julie doesn’t seem to be treated as poorly as she used to. It seems like all the negative energy has been turned to Russell. The older kids couldn’t wait to throw him under the bus when ruby and Kevin came home and they all had an attitude with him when they were shopping for school supplies. It’s like they magically start liking their kids again once they hit puberty and then just start treating the next youngest terribly.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Audrey3196 wrote:Maybe it’s just me, but does anyone else notice that Julie doesn’t seem to be treated as poorly as she used to. It seems like all the negative energy has been turned to Russell. The older kids couldn’t wait to throw him under the bus when ruby and Kevin came home and they all had an attitude with him when they were shopping for school supplies. It’s like they magically start liking their kids again once they hit puberty and then just start treating the next youngest terribly.
Not to diagnose anyone, just pure speculation, but when dealing with narcissistic parents, it’s common for their to be a family scapegoat and that scapegoat often changes every now and then. Julie used to be the scapegoat, but focus has shifted and maybe now it’s Russell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jamie Love
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jamie Love »

emma2948 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:53 am
SwiftlyD wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:13 am Where did they get all of those nice expensive laptops? Like one of them is a surface laptop made by Microsoft and even referbished they're probably $800 and brand new they're just over $1000 for the lowest model. They could've just got every kid a moderately nice $200 Chromebook and been fine. Okay so maybe I'm jealous about those laptops sorry for my rant.

It's crazy to me because precious Ruby doesn't want to be made a victim by her kids and therefore refuses to buy them essentials when they have enough "money" to do it themselves. Do you remember how she wouldn't buy Chad new clothes after coming back from Anastazi and she wouldn't buy him a new school backpack! Oh yeah, don't forget that in one of the videos, Ruby wanted Chad to get a haircut, but he stood his ground and said he did not want to get a lot of hair trimmed off and that he'd have to pay for his own haircut anyway!! Wtf?? I think I've mentioned before that I'm near Shari's age and even then, my mom is still willing to pay for certain things like school supplies, clothes (if I really need it), a haircut etc And tbh Ruby, my mom buying me what I consider to be essentials does not make me spoiled. Also, at my school (even though it's not a private religious school like the one the kids attend) students can rent out chromebooks and return them at the end of the year, which is obviously way less expensive then buying brand new laptops 4 kids. I have a feeling that their school is doing the same thing, but I bet Ruby just wanted to get the laptops to flaunt how rich they are, and so that she could make a small montage of her kids decorating their stupid laptops. Also, my older sister only got her first LAPTOP when she actually started uni, and it was the brand Shari has, and it is super expensive, not something my parents would've splurged on just for the sake of it, but because she actually does need it.

Same I just got my own last semester, it was the MacBooks that the kids have (the Pros) mine cost over 2200$ US, and that was the semi basic model. However depending on what they needed/want in It, the size, whether or not you want apple care/ a apple laptop case it could easily go up to over 5k, probably closer to 7k now times that by 3. it must've cost them at least 15k-20k (just a wild guess).

rdt1004 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:13 am
Audrey3196 wrote:Maybe it’s just me, but does anyone else notice that Julie doesn’t seem to be treated as poorly as she used to. It seems like all the negative energy has been turned to Russell. The older kids couldn’t wait to throw him under the bus when ruby and Kevin came home and they all had an attitude with him when they were shopping for school supplies. It’s like they magically start liking their kids again once they hit puberty and then just start treating the next youngest terribly.
Not to diagnose anyone, just pure speculation, but when dealing with narcissistic parents, it’s common for their to be a family scapegoat and that scapegoat often changes every now and then. Julie used to be the scapegoat, but focus has shifted and maybe now it’s Russell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But compared to Julie's treatment in the past by her family, Russel is getting the lighter end of the stick (unless its worse when they turn the camera off). Honestly though, I think Russel has his own issues going on (not diagnosing a child) but his overdramatic laughter, crying because someone else gets attention/presents etc. (not saying you guys are wrong because its been shown in the past that they always have a family scapegoat eve, chad, Julie and now Russell) However, part of it is (I think) he's spoiled in a way and used to getting things he wants. he loses a jacket at school? that same day he's getting a brand new one, one of the kids have a party? him and eve gets presents just so he won't breakdown crying and eve won't get jealous that he has a present. He gets the same person for the sibling exchange? he throws a whole temper tantrum and cries because of it.
yttrash
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by yttrash »

emma2948 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:56 am
yttrash wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:19 pm I saw the funniest exchange on one of Kevin's posts

A girl commented something along the lines of- stop pushing your faith, you dont need religion to be a good person.
Kevin replies he's not pushing it, "its a you problem", and that she should evaluate her tolerance towards others.
She replies ""intolerance towards others" says the one who doesn't believe in gay marriage"

LMAO
I went to go see the post, and unfortunately that comment got deleted, guess on top of his pompous, righteous "everything I do is right" personality disorder, he also can't stand people speaking the truth. He's a fucking idiot.
Not surprised he deleted it. All fun and games until someone speaks the truth.
yttrash
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by yttrash »

imoverit wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:58 pm

LMAO
“This sounds like a you problem” who gave this guy a PhD??? He’s such a dumbass, what a useless response. He’s so easily irritated and engages way too often. He definitely replies to IG comments more than he speaks to his children.
Seriously! That is totally an insult I used in middle school.
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

Her refusal to supply her children with essentials they need in life is probably one of the worst things about Ruby to me. She can’t even spend the money her kids literally earned for her on basic needs like clothing and a backpack. Ruby hasn’t earned a cent of her own money - her kids provide the content, her editor puts in the hours, her husband has a real job - she just points the camera. But I’m sure she would disagree and say she works soo hard.
If she believes kids need to work to earn money and learn the value of a dollar, okay cool, they do work every day and earn all your YouTube money. So buy them clothes with it you dumb bitch.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Audrey3196 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:40 am Maybe it’s just me, but does anyone else notice that Julie doesn’t seem to be treated as poorly as she used to. It seems like all the negative energy has been turned to Russell. The older kids couldn’t wait to throw him under the bus when ruby and Kevin came home and they all had an attitude with him when they were shopping for school supplies. It’s like they magically start liking their kids again once they hit puberty and then just start treating the next youngest terribly.
I think it's only temporarily and for the camera. Julie will always be the real scapegoat child in the family but she's also a fan fave. They have to be nice to her or viewers will question and criticise them again. Ruby has tried to turn the viewers against Julie blaming her for stupid stuff but she learned as quick not to mess with anything Julie. The backlash isn't worth it so the pretend for the sake of the money.
SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SwiftlyD »

imoverit wrote:

Her refusal to supply her children with essentials they need in life is probably one of the worst things about Ruby to me. She can’t even spend the money her kids literally earned for her on basic needs like clothing and a backpack. Ruby hasn’t earned a cent of her own money - her kids provide the content, her editor puts in the hours, her husband has a real job - she just points the camera. But I’m sure she would disagree and say she works soo hard.
If she believes kids need to work to earn money and learn the value of a dollar, okay cool, they do work every day and earn all your YouTube money. So buy them clothes with it you dumb bitch.
My parents have bought me tablets before but that's different because it's a couple hundred vs thousands of dollars. I only got a proper laptop when I got my first job but even then I still payed less that $400 for a windows one. Other than that my parents always bought me what I needed like clothes and stuff. Remember when she made Sheri buy her own desk? Yeah she really is a bad Mom.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Happy+Charlie wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:58 pm Ruby is unbelievable. Shari, thank your mother for being irresponsible, and costing you being able to get procedure done. Five minutes before Ruby is accusing hospitals for being irresponsible since they are open.
I think it was a reality check when the surgeon's office reschedule the procedure because "just because if symptoms were to come about you're not taking it into the hospitals and spreading it to other patients."
She. Doesn't. Get. It.
Ruby: I'm not gonna hide it but at the same time I'm like that's so strange that like the grocery stores and and the restaurants were like you can't dine in and yet the hospitals like come on in and welcome it's just either there's more chaos going on then is needed or the hospitals are being irresponsible I don't know I'm just gonna be open and see what they recommend for the record we are not we don't have to quarantine...
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

It is a little weird. Here, they have canceled elective surgeries, and you can't visit anyone in the hospital. I had my infusion for Crohn's, and they are still giving patients chemo, but an elective ortho surgery would have been canceled anyway, not just because the mom was out of the country, to decrease the load on the system.
So they are still doing elective surgery in Utah?

Return to “8 Passengers”