Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

NowAndThen87
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Unread post by NowAndThen87 »

Elliecat wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:02 am Also... you were so desperate to be allowed in the NICU yet you are both in your room away from her sleeping. Why is sleep so important to these 2? Why is Phil not making the most of his time with baby girl before he gets booted out? He hasn’t had to do anything, so why isn’t he in with his miracle unicorn daughter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know now that you mention that I totally agree. Let’s say she’s inpatient for 72 hours max. That will literally be the time where Phil can see the baby with no restrictions. If it were me I’d say screw sleep and literally be with her 24/7 if allowed. You can sleep when your home and you won’t die if you don’t get your full 8 hours. I get he is tired (I mean he didn’t give birth but crazy worship sessions take a lot out of you) but I just can’t imagine losing any moments with my child who is in the NICU. Especially after the scene they made about the 24 hour rule.

But that’s P & A for- dramatics all the way.
Missy1393
Talker
Talker

Re: Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Unread post by Missy1393 »

I was encouraged to pump right after birth when my baby was in Nicu. Even though he wasn’t premature and didn’t need an NG tube. When you have a baby and they are with you Chou can nurse constantly and encourage your milk to come in. You just can’t do that in the NICU. Especially when it’s your first time learning to nurse a baby. It’s hard. They wanted me pumping 8-10 times in 24 hours. P&A are insufferable but chill out. Also Phil is probably sleeping at the hospital because in most places they aren’t letting people come and go from L&D and postpartum like they normally would.

PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PinkMoscato »

NowAndThen87 wrote:
Elliecat wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:02 am Also... you were so desperate to be allowed in the NICU yet you are both in your room away from her sleeping. Why is sleep so important to these 2? Why is Phil not making the most of his time with baby girl before he gets booted out? He hasn’t had to do anything, so why isn’t he in with his miracle unicorn daughter?

You know now that you mention that I totally agree. Let’s say she’s inpatient for 72 hours max. That will literally be the time where Phil can see the baby with no restrictions. If it were me I’d say screw sleep and literally be with her 24/7 if allowed. You can sleep when your home and you won’t die if you don’t get your full 8 hours. I get he is tired (I mean he didn’t give birth but crazy worship sessions take a lot out of you) but I just can’t imagine losing any moments with my child who is in the NICU. Especially after the scene they made about the 24 hour rule.

Yeah, honestly, if princess Alex needs her 12 hours of sleep after her week long labor, then fine. She can make that choice.

But WHY in the world isn’t Phil with the baby? So he can complain later when Alex is discharged that he only got to see the baby for 2/4/8 hours?

Stay in the NICU as long as possible. Bond with that baby. Talk to her. Pray for her.

But wasting it in a room with ALEX?? He’s infuriating

Junebugbaby621
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Junebugbaby621 »

Maite5 wrote:I have to say I got a bit emotional seeing Alex. <3

She was my favorite youtuber and sometimes I feel really sad, with her choices, but I know how much she wanted that baby ( for wrong and good reasons for hes I guess ) and I am happy for her.

I pray for Alex to keep support Callie and Kinsley and not forget the girls !

She look genuine in the video on Instagram, and I have not seen her like that for a lot time.

and now lets get back to reality of her moaning about NICU and the procedures :?
I have to agree with you. I found myself getting a bit emotional when she announced baby girl was here.

NowAndThen87
Talker
Talker

Unread post by NowAndThen87 »

Missy1393 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:06 am I was encouraged to pump right after birth when my baby was in Nicu. Even though he wasn’t premature and didn’t need an NG tube. When you have a baby and they are with you Chou can nurse constantly and encourage your milk to come in. You just can’t do that in the NICU. Especially when it’s your first time learning to nurse a baby. It’s hard. They wanted me pumping 8-10 times in 24 hours. P&A are insufferable but chill out. Also Phil is probably sleeping at the hospital because in most places they aren’t letting people come and go from L&D and postpartum like they normally would.

I don’t think anyone needs to chill out. Honestly if P&A hadn’t made such a big deal of these things no one would even be questioning it. Remember in their rant video they complained about not being able to nurse or get to see the baby together blah blah. I think people are rightfully pointing these things out because THEY made them a big deal. “Absolute power corrupts absolutely” bullshit they spewed.

For people who couldn’t keep it together after just being told the restrictions due to a global pandemic their actions now are just laughable for us since we knew it wasn’t going to be such a huge deal that they made it.
apmfacebook93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by apmfacebook93 »

They are literally the laziest, SLEEPIEST people I’ve ever seen in my life.

Elliecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elliecat »

*Pumping* colostrum (ie with a pump) is pointless and just wastes it. Hand expressing and collecting it in syringes is the norm until the milk comes in properly, when pumping will work. Hand expressing encourages milk to come in as well as a baby latching will. A pump is good later on, but actually less effective than hand expressing in the first day or 2. The milk bank I donate to actually prefers us to hand express, but I just don’t have the time for that.

The thing that starts the process of milk coming in a couple of days later is the placenta being removed from the uterus. This sets off a chain of hormonal responses.

We’ve already been told not to tell personal stories because some people find it boring, but I am quite experienced with all things breastfeeding and NICU!

Justpeachyy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Justpeachyy »

:? Guys, Just because the baby is in the NICU doesn't mean the hospital made it a free for all. I'm sure they're minimizing the number of adults that need to be in there at a time parents/nurses. I'm assuming other women/couples would like to see their baby at some point. If they wont even let two parents go in there, I doubt they'd let multiple families marinate in the NICU at the same time. Chill
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

apmfacebook93 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:40 am They are literally the laziest, SLEEPIEST people I’ve ever seen in my life.

Yeah it was very telling when she said her goals for the day were “sleeping and pumping” how about your GOAL be bonding with your precious baby so she doesn’t experience the separation trauma you were so concerned and emotional about just a week ago? Alex will only be a patient at the hospital for a few short days and if she goes home before the baby she will have plenty of time to get restful nights sleep after visiting with the baby at the NICU during the day. Can you imagine if they didn’t have a NICU baby and they were all discharged together ? How in the world would Alex cope without a full nights sleep?! Newborns need to eat every few hours for the first couple of weeks....
Justpeachyy
Talker
Talker

PinkMoscato wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:19 am
NowAndThen87 wrote:

Yeah, honestly, if princess Alex needs her 12 hours of sleep after her week long labor, then fine. She can make that choice.

But WHY in the world isn’t Phil with the baby? So he can complain later when Alex is discharged that he only got to see the baby for 2/4/8 hours?

Stay in the NICU as long as possible. Bond with that baby. Talk to her. Pray for her.

But wasting it in a room with ALEX?? He’s infuriating

Other women would probably like to see their NICU babies at some point. If they're not letting two parents in at the same time, what makes you think they'd allow multiple families in there at the same time? It's safe to assume the hospital is managing the time in a rotation to minimize risk. It's not ethically sound for them to hound nurses about seeing their NICU baby when there are probably other couples wanting time as well. Think...
Justpeachyy
Talker
Talker

The hospitals aren't basing their rules on what's ethically right, they're just trying to minimize risk and make sure everyone leaves the situation alive. It's safe to assume Alex was not the only woman in labor at that time and that theres other children in the NICU as well. Other couples would probably like time... so no, I dont think Phil can "stay in there and soak it up" because there are other children and families involved. They're not even letting couples going in there together, there's NO way they're letting people from multiple different families in at the same time.

Judging these guys for not spending enough time in the NICU (a room full of weak babies) during a global pandemic isnt it guys... they probably have zero control over it and even if they did, they still have to be respectful to the other couples and not hog the time.
Elliecat
Talker
Talker

“Think...”??? Um. Have you ever had a baby in a NICU? If not, STFU.

I can guarantee that they are allowing one parent PER BABY in the NICU at once. It’s not hounding nurses - you ring the bell, they let you in, you wash your own hands and get whatever protective gear on they require, then you go to be with your baby.
They do not restrict how much time a parent can be with their baby, just how many parents with it at once. Phil needs to grow a pair and either go be with the unicorn or with his older daughters. Daytime naps can wait. Just as they would if they had taken the baby home.

Tangie77
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tangie77 »

Elliecat wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:00 am Why pump now? When my son was in the NICU, I had to use a syringe and hand express the tiny bits of colostrum for the first couple of days.
Her milk won’t come in until at least day 2, but most likely longer since she can’t latch the unicorn. If you pump colostrum, it is too scarce and sticky and it gets stuck in the pump parts and is wasted. This is surely something that a NICU nurse would know...?

I pumped immediately for my NICU stay -my milk came in within 24 hours. It allowed me to have a great supply and stockpile while in the NICU. I’m assuming she wants to not use formula ever so I can see why she’s pumping.
Justpeachyy
Talker
Talker

Elliecat wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:34 am “Think...”??? Um. Have you ever had a baby in a NICU? If not, STFU.

I can guarantee that they are allowing one parent PER BABY in the NICU at once. It’s not hounding nurses - you ring the bell, they let you in, you wash your own hands and get whatever protective gear on they require, then you go to be with your baby.
They do not restrict how much time a parent can be with their baby, just how many parents with it at once. Phil needs to grow a pair and either go be with the unicorn or with his older daughters. Daytime naps can wait. Just as they would if they had taken the baby home.

We're in a global pandemic. Use your brain. If there are shelter in places and stay at home orders, why THE FUCK would they allow adults that spent time in the real world days prior, into a room full of sick babies. If we can't even be in the same RESTAURANTS at the same time, what makes you think they'd allow multiple adults from different families in there at the same time? They won't even allow adults from the SAME family in there at the same time, its likely Phil and Alex, because they live together probably have the same risk and after a certain point even their not allowed to be in there at the same time.

"They do not restrict how much time a parent can be with their baby, just how many parents with it at once."

- Yes. And out of basic respect for the other women and families, taking a nap and allowing other couples to have time is the decent thing to do. These people are already super annoying and probably plotting on ways to undermine the hospital rules to spend more time, dont judge them and further encourage them to disrespect other women by taking as much time as they can. We all know Phil and Alex are selfish individuals.
Justpeachyy
Talker
Talker

Justpeachyy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:43 am
Elliecat wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:34 am “Think...”??? Um. Have you ever had a baby in a NICU? If not, STFU.

We're in a global pandemic. Use your brain. If there are shelter in places and stay at home orders, why THE FUCK would they allow adults that spent time in the real world days prior, into a room full of sick babies. If we can't even be in the same RESTAURANTS at the same time, what makes you think they'd allow multiple adults from different families in there at the same time? They won't even allow adults from the SAME family in there at the same time, its likely Phil and Alex, because they live together probably have the same risk and after a certain point even their not allowed to be in there at the same time.

"They do not restrict how much time a parent can be with their baby, just how many parents with it at once."

- Yes. And out of basic respect for the other women and families, taking a nap and allowing other couples to have time is the decent thing to do. These people are already super annoying and probably plotting on ways to undermine the hospital rules to spend more time, dont judge them and further encourage them to disrespect other women by taking as much time as they can. We all know Phil and Alex are selfish individuals.

Look at how they treated their birth moms during the hospital time, they were pissed Callie's mom needed bonding time first. If Alex had her way she'd say fuck everyone else and sit in that NICU for HOURS keeping other women from their babies. These two are probably brainstorming ideas in how to con Phil's way into the NICU as well. The fact that they're in the same room makes me relax a bit because at least they're not bugging the workers trying to get their way. And they will get their way eventually...they just haven't figured out how theyll do it but mark my words, Phil will somehow con his way past safety protocols
PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PinkMoscato »

Justpeachyy wrote:The hospitals aren't basing their rules on what's ethically right, they're just trying to minimize risk and make sure everyone leaves the situation alive. It's safe to assume Alex was not the only woman in labor at that time and that theres other children in the NICU as well. Other couples would probably like time... so no, I dont think Phil can "stay in there and soak it up" because there are other children and families involved. They're not even letting couples going in there together, there's NO way they're letting people from multiple different families in at the same time.

Judging these guys for not spending enough time in the NICU (a room full of weak babies) during a global pandemic isnt it guys... they probably have zero control over it and even if they did, they still have to be respectful to the other couples and not hog the time.
I would assume that it’s one parent per baby.

My friend has a baby in the NICU- he was born a few months early, and their family is allowed to have one parent go see him every day. She goes more often than her husband, but he takes turns too.

Their NICU has the babies spaced far apart, and each baby can have one bedside visitor at a time. They have a chair next to each baby, and you stay there, holding (if possible) or sitting next to your baby.

Unless Phil and Alex specify otherwise, I have to think you can go see your baby (during visiting hours)- but just one parent at a time.
Elliecat
Talker
Talker

Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Are they at Vanderbilt?

https://www.vumc.org/coronavirus/update ... tor-policy

Justpeachyy
Talker
Talker

PinkMoscato wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:48 am
Justpeachyy wrote:The hospitals aren't basing their rules on what's ethically right, they're just trying to minimize risk and make sure everyone leaves the situation alive. It's safe to assume Alex was not the only woman in labor at that time and that theres other children in the NICU as well. Other couples would probably like time... so no, I dont think Phil can "stay in there and soak it up" because there are other children and families involved. They're not even letting couples going in there together, there's NO way they're letting people from multiple different families in at the same time.

I would assume that it’s one parent per baby.

My friend has a baby in the NICU- he was born a few months early, and their family is allowed to have one parent go see him every day. She goes more often than her husband, but he takes turns too.

Their NICU has the babies spaced far apart, and each baby can have one bedside visitor at a time. They have a chair next to each baby, and you stay there, holding (if possible) or sitting next to your baby.

Unless Phil and Alex specify otherwise, I have to think you can go see your baby (during visiting hours)- but just one parent at a time.
Yes... I would assume the regulations are probably determined based on the hospital and the state/city they're in. Each state is at different stages for corona. While someone in a rural area might be able to have less strict regulations, someone in a populated city like New York might have even stricter regulations. In my specific city/county we reached the highest amount of cases and we're still on a stay at home order.

And even then...the hospital can still change the regulations case by case.

If they really wanted to have Phil in they should've gotten a hotel room and shopped around for certain hospitals in neighboring areas. I'm sure if they got a hotel room around the time of labor and maybe chose a hospital 1-2 hours away, in a different county/city they probably wouldve found a better situation. I had a friend do that...
honeynlemon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by honeynlemon »

I also would think it’s one parent per baby, regardless if there were other parents visiting their own. Imagine if there was a total cap on number of visitors at a time (that was lower than the number of babies.) I’m absolutely sure Phil and Alex would have raged about that.

I bet Phil will get into the NICU as a “religious leader” since he will be encouraging NICU parents and staff.... does he not realize everyone doesn’t want Jesus in their face at all times?
Justpeachyy
Talker
Talker

After watching the Myka Stauffer adoption circus blow up, these two realizing they can finally have biological children is actually giving me anxiety.

I held Myka at a higher level then Alex, in my mind I thought Alex was more likely to rehome an adopted child and choose bio children.

She's what they wanted from the very beginning and now they have her and now they know they can have MORE of her in the future (another successful pregnancy) and that's a scary thought...

If she had came into their lives when they first wanted her to, there's no way they'd have Kinsley and Callie. This is the new favorite child... she's the dream and the other two girls were practice
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Justpeachyy on Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Phil and Alex”