8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Josette
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Unread post by Josette »

Was anyone else besides me concerned about Kate crouched down rocking herself back & forth while they were having breakfast in Grandma Griff's Bear Lake family reunion vlog?
Parktown
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Unread post by Parktown »

Ruby you paid your children dollars for grades please don’t talk about the love of learning like you know what it means!!!!
Also for someone to teach they need to first have a certain level of education and training! You asked Eve to do algorithms and Russell for digit sums those are not taught if tens and fives are not preceded! You also speak grammatically incorrect, how are you qualified to teach? Yes, the virus but I would suggest online professionals.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Unread post by boychik0830 »

I found it kind of funny in todays vlog that Ruby thought gas station food was better than Taco Bell as unless you go to somewhere like WAWA gas station food isn't that good. there are plenty of good things to eat at Taco Bell.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

So glad Ruby pointed out the difference between Mounds and Almond Joy, but she still has it wrong. Ruby, mounds is covered in dark chocolate, Almond Joy, milk. Not very observant are you?
mix10
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mix10 »

Why do they make such a big deal about the family reunion when it’s with the same group of people they see multiple times a year.....?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

mix10 wrote:Why do they make such a big deal about the family reunion when it’s with the same group of people they see multiple times a year.....?

I wonder that myself. We have a family reunion every few years. It's my extended family on my mom's side. We're scattered all over the place, and it's cousins and second cousins, and it's a blast. But I don't think getting together for a family camping trip with your parents, siblings and kids, that you see several times a year, as a "family reunion". That being said, their command of the English language is not all that it could be.
And they will say just about anything for views. "Family Reunion" probably gets more views than "Family Campout", just like "cancer" gets more views than "precancerous". It was even funnier when they camped out in the Griffiths back yard.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

mix10 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:53 am Why do they make such a big deal about the family reunion when it’s with the same group of people they see multiple times a year.....?

Exactly what many have said. I can't remember which sister defended the term "reunion," but they said this is the trip they plan ahead for so it's a reunion. However, I believe within a couple of months they all went on a big RV trip together, which I'm guessing had to take a lot of advance planning too. Anything to set them apart from the boring, less fun folk.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

boychik0830 wrote:I found it kind of funny in todays vlog that Ruby thought gas station food was better than Taco Bell as unless you go to somewhere like WAWA gas station food isn't that good. there are plenty of good things to eat at Taco Bell.
WaWa’s are awesome. The only thing I miss since I moved down south.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Ducklings4 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:00 am
boychik0830 wrote:I found it kind of funny in todays vlog that Ruby thought gas station food was better than Taco Bell as unless you go to somewhere like WAWA gas station food isn't that good. there are plenty of good things to eat at Taco Bell.
WaWa’s are awesome. The only thing I miss since I moved down south.
I don't have a WAWA near me but I had it once on a trip a long time ago and it was really good. I wish I had one near me so I could have it more often.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Does anyone find it strange that Chad can't be trusted with a bathroom door, but they are happy to leave him home alone while they go on vacation?

Also, YT wanted me to watch this video from 5 years ago. Someone please tell me that Grandma didn't buy a 12 yr old girl an engraved 22 mag revolver for Christmas. I saved it at the part Shari trades for the correct gun. She doesn't even have a dresser, where does a 6th grader keep their handgun in a house full of small children? Maybe someone really is looking out for them, because every decision they make in life seems to be an invitation for death. I don't know how they are all still alive. Ruby's carelessness can destroy a house in minutes with a stove or a water faucet, imagine what she can do with a gun.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

That whole getting guns for Christmas thing was so awful. I remember being completely disgusted and shocked by it- passing around guns in a room full of little kids! I looked at the video again, though, and I do not think Shari actually got one. I think she opened Ruby's by mistake but had already gotten a present herself with the other girls- you can see her looking at it at 6:03 timestamp. I really hope I'm right.
WatchinTheWreck
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WatchinTheWreck »

mix10 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:53 pm
Josette wrote:
mix10 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:00 pm WHY does she pull her mask down in the store to talk to the camera? You can easily talk and vlog with a mask on! Also I cringe every time they go into a store/restaurant where the employees are wearing masks but they are not, it’s so rude and inconsiderate. They also need to get Eve and Russell some child sized masks, Eve could barely see with hers on, not to mention there were big gaps on the side because it was way too big for her.
Exactly, and why were the masks off in the ice cream shop. You wear the masks going into a restaurant and only take it off to eat, and if you need to go to the bathroom while in a restaurant you put your mask back on for the trip to and from the restroom because you're walking by employees and other customers.
Yes! That is how it is in my state and restaurants get shut down if they don’t follow the rules. I’m not sure what the laws are in Utah regarding masks but I’m guessing it must be more lax there. But either way it’s obnoxious!

Have you thought about how ridiculous this all sounds? Wearing a mask to walk to your table but taking it off to eat. I mean you think covid knows you are eating so it doesn't come near you? Common sense says that this a bunch of bs.
Josette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Josette »

Ruby has apparently never seen this commercial or the multiple variations of it over the years. Not to mention one candy bar has "Almond" on the wrapper and the other one doesn't. Ruby is the dumb.

When it's nice to see Russell enjoy time with his cousins Cody & Boston I hope he won't start getting injured so often as Bonnie & Joel's boys are wont to do.
Josette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Josette »

WatchinTheWreck wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:32 pm
mix10 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:53 pm
Josette wrote:
Exactly, and why were the masks off in the ice cream shop. You wear the masks going into a restaurant and only take it off to eat, and if you need to go to the bathroom while in a restaurant you put your mask back on for the trip to and from the restroom because you're walking by employees and other customers.
Yes! That is how it is in my state and restaurants get shut down if they don’t follow the rules. I’m not sure what the laws are in Utah regarding masks but I’m guessing it must be more lax there. But either way it’s obnoxious!

Have you thought about how ridiculous this all sounds? Wearing a mask to walk to your table but taking it off to eat. I mean you think covid knows you are eating so it doesn't come near you? Common sense says that this a bunch of bs.
You're wearing your mask as you walk by other customers and employees. How is that BS? It's not only common sense, but common courtesy because you're inside a business with employees and customers. The same applies when you leave your table to use the restroom or leave the restaurant because you've finished eating & have paid your bill. In both instances you're once again walking by employees and other customers. When you're seated at your table you're sharing it with family and/or friends and obviously you'll take your mask off temporarily to eat & drink, then put it back on when you're finished. It's not rocket science.

Maybe you can clarify why this is BS because I'm not seeing it.
rulatows000
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rulatows000 »

So, Ruby's using Outschool for her kids' homeschooling. I looked it up and it seems like it's both good and bad. Lol, lots of mixed reviews. Essentially, you don't need any experience to be a teacher and can teach absolutely whatever you want. So, yes, it can be a positive experience for kids who end up in an interesting class with a good teacher, but can also be a total waste of time. Ruby said Russell and Eve took an "Uglyanima babies" class? Um... what the hell is that? Is that a typo - is it suppose to be ugly animal babies? Lol, whatever it is it doesn't sound like a worthwhile or educational class to take. Julie and Abby were taking a class on Ancient Greece taught by a college professor. Good subject matter, I guess, but could see it being difficult to follow along with if they don't have a strong background in history. So, yeah... Uglyanima babies (seriously, what the heck?) and Greek history... pretty well-rounded homeschool curriculum.

Also, was watching their vlog today. Chad re-named their snake Negan from The Walking Dead. I think it's been brought up before, but weird that a family that acts so strict and talks about no electronics and tv all summer, lets their kids watch TWD. Isn't it rated MA? I remember watching the first season awhile ago and thinking it was pretty intense, definitely not for kids. Secondly, of course Ruby has to make a list of chores for Shari and Chad to do when they stay home. If it was my kids I'd expect them to clean up after themselves and keep the house clean, but making them do extra chores while the rest of the family goes out and has fun? Really? Especially when Chad had to stay for football practice, not like he's going to be lounging around doing nothing. It always annoys me, too, when Chad wants to or has to stay home for something and of course Shari ends up staying, too. Ruby with her, "It'll be good for him to stay with his big sister." He's fifteen... he's old enough to stay home alone without Ruby leaving his 'big sister' to keep an eye on him.
Josette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Josette »

rulatows000 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:12 pm So, Ruby's using Outschool for her kids' homeschooling. I looked it up and it seems like it's both good and bad. Lol, lots of mixed reviews. Essentially, you don't need any experience to be a teacher and can teach absolutely whatever you want. So, yes, it can be a positive experience for kids who end up in an interesting class with a good teacher, but can also be a total waste of time. Ruby said Russell and Eve took an "Uglyanima babies" class? Um... what the hell is that? Is that a typo - is it suppose to be ugly animal babies? Lol, whatever it is it doesn't sound like a worthwhile or educational class to take. Julie and Abby were taking a class on Ancient Greece taught by a college professor. Good subject matter, I guess, but could see it being difficult to follow along with if they don't have a strong background in history. So, yeah... Uglyanima babies (seriously, what the heck?) and Greek history... pretty well-rounded homeschool curriculum.

Also, was watching their vlog today. Chad re-named their snake Negan from The Walking Dead. I think it's been brought up before, but weird that a family that acts so strict and talks about no electronics and tv all summer, lets their kids watch TWD. Isn't it rated MA? I remember watching the first season awhile ago and thinking it was pretty intense, definitely not for kids. Secondly, of course Ruby has to make a list of chores for Shari and Chad to do when they stay home. If it was my kids I'd expect them to clean up after themselves and keep the house clean, but making them do extra chores while the rest of the family goes out and has fun? Really? Especially when Chad had to stay for football practice, not like he's going to be lounging around doing nothing. It always annoys me, too, when Chad wants to or has to stay home for something and of course Shari ends up staying, too. Ruby with her, "It'll be good for him to stay with his big sister." He's fifteen... he's old enough to stay home alone without Ruby leaving his 'big sister' to keep an eye on him.
IMHO it's because she wants "Golden Child" Shari to spy on Chad and report anything she thinks is breaking the rules/misbehaving. I don't think it has anything to do with Chad's age, but more an excuse to find a reason to inflict more extended punishment on him over some trivial matter.
Hallie Derosa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hallie Derosa »

Wow watching some vlogs now how do they still have their kids they are pathetic parents

the dad isnt so bad
if your kid dont have a backpak she makes him pay for it ot of thier checking i watched the ones where they sent chad to that brat camp why did he go again- he seems like a very sweet boy
Last year my 7 year old ripped two backpacks i dont know how he did it but he got a new one each time the backpack he has now seems to be good
any one know of backpacks that last are Vans Backpacks durrable
I cant belive they made him sleep on bean bags for pranking his brother my older cousin did that o me nad my brother and yelled sikes it was good we got him back good. My kids prank eachother some are funny i wouldnt punish them for pulling a prank

waht is the deal with sibling gifs
-My cousin is one of 6
they have always bought gifts for each one of thier sibs
crazy middles and peices do this as well- why not go to the dollar store and get something small for each sibling

why did they send chad away this family is so messed up wtf
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Hallie Derosa wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:42 am Wow watching some vlogs now how do they still have their kids they are pathetic parents

the dad isnt so bad
if your kid dont have a backpak she makes him pay for it ot of thier checking i watched the ones where they sent chad to that brat camp why did he go again- he seems like a very sweet boy
Last year my 7 year old ripped two backpacks i dont know how he did it but he got a new one each time the backpack he has now seems to be good
any one know of backpacks that last are Vans Backpacks durrable
I cant belive they made him sleep on bean bags for pranking his brother my older cousin did that o me nad my brother and yelled sikes it was good we got him back good. My kids prank eachother some are funny i wouldnt punish them for pulling a prank

waht is the deal with sibling gifs
-My cousin is one of 6
they have always bought gifts for each one of thier sibs
crazy middles and peices do this as well- why not go to the dollar store and get something small for each sibling

why did they send chad away this family is so messed up wtf
If it is still the same, JanSport backs their product with a warranty that if it breaks/tears, they will repair it or replace it if they can't. They are more expensive than others, can get a good sale usually, but seems a good deal to me.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

I guess they don't care about protecting their children from getting sun burned because in the latest vlog she commented how Eve and Russell had sunburns but never did anything about it like put sunscreen on them to prevent the burns from happening.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

sparklypony
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sparklypony »

Quite the show Ruby put on in the new vlog.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Return to “8 Passengers”