Cullen and Katie: Selling up then splitting up | Part #23

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Selling up then splitting up | Part #23

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I definitely don't think that Gaines was at all an ideal child in the eyes of most people but to them her ability to sit quietly and allow them to go shopping and eat at restaurants was her being "so sweet" and perfect. She has displayed nasty behavior for years that they have seemed to overlook yet Brooks has the audacity to not want to be filmed like a stage monkey all day and likes to run and he is a problematic demon spawn in their eyes. I really think parenthood is just not what they thought it would be. Which unfortunately happens a lot in today's world since social media makes parenting look like sunshine and rainbows.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

I wasn't saying it to you, but the general conception here too was that they were, summarized, "lucky" with Gaines. I just mean it for us here to nuance that picture and that it shouldn't imply that she was a perfect baby. If at least we can keep it more truthful... ;)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boymomma123 wrote:I definitely don't think that Gaines was at all an ideal child in the eyes of most people but to them her ability to sit quietly and allow them to go shopping and eat at restaurants was her being "so sweet" and perfect. She has displayed nasty behavior for years that they have seemed to overlook yet Brooks has the audacity to not want to be filmed like a stage monkey all day and likes to run and he is a problematic demon spawn in their eyes. I really think parenthood is just not what they thought it would be. Which unfortunately happens a lot in today's world since social media makes parenting look like sunshine and rainbows.

It seems to certainly be a pattern among their "vlogging buddies" that parenting wasn't what they thought it would be. Bryan and Missy pawn their boys off on Missy's parents a lot, Ellie lets her boys fend for themselves and they all wanted kids "so badly". Then they seem surprised that parenting is hard work. And they became parents before social media media was as big as it is now. So who knows where they got the idea that parenting was so easy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

socks123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by socks123 »

I may be in the minority but I can get on board with this content. I would love to see how they screwed up and the bad decisions they made and how they can work their way out of them.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

socks123 wrote:I may be in the minority but I can get on board with this content. I would love to see how they screwed up and the bad decisions they made and how they can work their way out of them.
If they're serious about following Dave Ramsey, and changing their habits, I would be interested. I think a lot of people have gotten themselves in trouble with credit cards, and would find it relatable.
I just don't feel sorry for them because they were in a better position than most starting out. And if neither of them has gotten a job, any job, I find it difficult to believe that they are serious about changing. They certainly haven't stopped drinking.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

socks123 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:45 am I may be in the minority but I can get on board with this content. I would love to see how they screwed up and the bad decisions they made and how they can work their way out of them.
If they can get serious and can continue being real then I’m all on board. I’ve said before that this kind of content could save their channel. But C&K have a history of sharing one real video and then sweeping everything under the rug and continuing on as normal.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

socks123 wrote:I may be in the minority but I can get on board with this content. I would love to see how they screwed up and the bad decisions they made and how they can work their way out of them.
Deep down I am rooting for them to pull through and make changes! I think that they have all the knowledge and resources necessary to succeed they just need to commit. I am excited for this type of content as well but I am skeptical because of their past track record.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I really get the impression that Cullen is talking it far more seriously than Katie is. He felt a shame about how far they’ve fallen that Katie really didn’t seem to. Maybe she just shows her emotions differently, but I still see the same stoic “I have things completely under control and know what I’m doing” Katie that we’ve always seen. I also felt like she’d open up and reveal things, only to later add an amendment onto if after to make it not as bad. I just don’t see her being as forthcoming about things as Cullen. I feel bad for Cullen more than anyone. They created this mess together. She can fix more quickly by getting her ass to work and using the professional degree her parents gave her. She seems unwilling to do that though, so a lot of the pressure appears to be on his shoulders. Yes Katie May have struggled with PPD, but Cullen watched his father slowly die. He probably has some PTSD and things he needs to work through as well. I don’t feel that Katie is truly emotionally supportive of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thatonemom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by thatonemom »

This is video....wow. I do think Katie's parents like Cullen but was it always that way? After they get married they give HIM a Dave Ramsey book because he is the one that brought debt into the marriage....when Cullen speaks of the book he stated it was given to both of them by Katie's parents...hmmmm. Kelley married a lawyer and Katie.....Cullen. AS everyone mentions, so much shade thrown at poor Brooks and Gaines is the golden child when she is a down right BRAT! I will watch these videos if they continue to make them. Curious if they will provide details and numbers as they mentioned in the previous vlog. You have to wonder what the family is thinking about these videos and them putting it all out there... I know this is a last ditch effort to save their channel instead of having to get real jobs!
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

HelloSweetie wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:38 am I really get the impression that Cullen is talking it far more seriously than Katie is. He felt a shame about how far they’ve fallen that Katie really didn’t seem to. Maybe she just shows her emotions differently, but I still see the same stoic “I have things completely under control and know what I’m doing” Katie that we’ve always seen. I also felt like she’d open up and reveal things, only to later add an amendment onto if after to make it not as bad. I just don’t see her being as forthcoming about things as Cullen. I feel bad for Cullen more than anyone. They created this mess together. She can fix more quickly by getting her ass to work and using the professional degree her parents gave her. She seems unwilling to do that though, so a lot of the pressure appears to be on his shoulders. Yes Katie May have struggled with PPD, but Cullen watched his father slowly die. He probably has some PTSD and things he needs to work through as well. I don’t feel that Katie is truly emotionally supportive of him.
Yes, I thought the same after watching the video and seeing him break down about being embarrassed really pulled at my heart strings. Despite his addictions, I still root for him all the way. Katie, being very entitled, not so much. She probably thinks her parents will help them out (again).
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Em1899
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Em1899 »

Why don’t they talk to daily bumps or ellie and jared anymore?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

I was on board with this content too until Katie started with the, “someone gave us bad advice” bit. Nothing is ever her fucking fault. Cullen brought the debt with his tax stuff. Cullen financed HER ring. Someone gave them bad advice on buying the house. She’s proven herself to be a manipulative unemotional twat over and over again. I won’t be surprised at all if they back track after this video and tell us they decided not to get into specifics.

I’m sure Doc and Dolly are cringing at this video. If they taught Katie responsible money management, there is no way they were on board with CK financing the house the way they did. They’ve probably voiced concerns and that’s why Katie had to “set boundaries”.

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

I have to admit I initially felt sorry for them in that vlog. When I heard her say that they had no college debt, cars were given to them and the rent was practically next to nothing, I felt less sorry for them. They obviously had things handed to them and they never took responsibility when they married and had children. They gave up working because they found YouTube to be very lucrative and easy. Now that YouTube is changing and their views are low, they are struggling. At some point, you have to grow up and be adults. Get real jobs like the rest of us and stop crying.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

When they first followed the dave Ramsey method they said the money they allotted every month for "football" was 150. I assume that was for booze and partying. Yt is the perfect job for them because they are lazy and have never really matured since college in some ways. They give up on every "life change" they attempt. What happened to the whole last 90 days thing. That lasted about a month and neither of them seem to be working out anymore.

Em1899
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Em1899 »

Back then cullen was basically ten in the pre kid vlogs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Graysky33
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Graysky33 »

I haven't watched them much since Gaines was a baby but have kept up with Katie's Instagram. Just went to their channel and their views are sooooo low! How do they make any money?! Do they even do sponsorships anymore? I remember their hauls when Gaines was a baby and her first Christmas and I couldn't believe the amount of money they were spending.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

At the end when Cullen broke down in tears, he was ashamed of their financial situation. That was the point, if they were mature adults, would realize they need to get off their chairs and get jobs, both of them. There is no excuse. The kids go to school, they could also be in daycare on days there is no school. Millions of parents do it. They said they stuck with the Dave Ramsey program for years, it was in 2016 when they went into big debt. So they know what to do, how to budget, they have to face the fact that it took both of them to get into this mess, its going to take both of them to work and get out of it. If YouTube isn't enough to pay the bills, it's time to quit. I wish them the best.
Coletrain_04
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Coletrain_04 »

I think if they are honest and transparent and got jobs, their channel could turn around.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They have the kids at the gym on the treadmills. Gaines is wearing no shoes and running. So freaking dangerous. They're so stupid sometimes.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

Are they paying for that gym membership. If so that is something else they need to quit spending money on when your up to your ass in debt.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”