Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

Watched their debt video wtf. Cullen cant get a second job because you are putting out new content. Katie you barely put out any. The face she made about getting a second job really bugged me like i wanted to scream through my phone why don't you just admit that your parents helped your asses out. Then on top of that I see the little princess is back at gymnastics like wow ok um I know from experience that isn't cheap and is brooks going to do one? God and the freaking audiobook subscription um you don't need it really like at least my library has free audible books. This is why no one takes them seriously like you have no content. This whole time between the move they could have done a video on cleaning out stuff or a grocery haul video hell Christmas they could have done what I got my kids for Christmas but no nothing because they are lazy.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

I do not at ALL believe that they paid down $50K in debt in one year. No way. Not with the lack of content they put out and the fact that they are now loosening up and eating out, buying new stuff all the time, putting their kids back into activities (with no masks, by the way)...
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Found the beds they bought the kids for $550 on the buybuybaby website. I get they thought it was a deal since it came with storage. Yet why not just buy inexpensive twin beds and use all of the storage from their previous rooms?

They just like to spend money whenever they can. I rolled my eyes when Katie said their "second job" is putting out more content. What content, Katie? 4 videos in two months?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

kaper
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kaper »

At least Katie acknowledged a lot of the $$ they used to pay down debt was from selling off stuff they no longer needed or used. They won't have that source of income this time around. Their utilities should be less in the smaller home. I haven't seen any mention of their monthly utilities, phone, health insurance, internet service etc.
scamartist
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by scamartist »

Creative74 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:09 pm I do not at ALL believe that they paid down $50K in debt in one year. No way. Not with the lack of content they put out and the fact that they are now loosening up and eating out, buying new stuff all the time, putting their kids back into activities (with no masks, by the way)...
Did they show their current balances? They may have technically paid $50K, but I don’t believe their total debt is down $50K. They could have paid that much, but if they are still charging or letting interest build, their total debt is not decreased that much.
SomeoneActually
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SomeoneActually »

kaper wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:02 pm At least Katie acknowledged a lot of the $$ they used to pay down debt was from selling off stuff they no longer needed or used. They won't have that source of income this time around. Their utilities should be less in the smaller home. I haven't seen any mention of their monthly utilities, phone, health insurance, internet service etc.
Like 40% of there debt repayment was from selling stuff plus you add stimulus checks $3400 and $2400 that is another 10% paid off my non reoccurring income. And I forgot there refund on there escrow which is another 4ish %. The reason Cullen doesn't get a second job they are lazy and Katie would lose her drinking buddy. When Katie told us they received stimulus checks she also let us know they make less than $150k a year.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

They really have not paid any debt by cutting back and sticking to a budget if you add it all up.
They sold their crap, stimilus money, tax return, lets not forget they deferred their mortgage payments for a while. Her parents gave them money from some "savings account". Plus whatever else they are not telling us about.

The schools and gymnastics shut down so they saved money from that. They are back in school and gymnastics so those expenses are back.

What really bothers me about their unwillingness to seek other jobs is yt could dry up for them at any time. Katie is so smug about how its a "real job" yet they barely put in effort. Their channel has been slowly dying for 3+ years. They got a boost last year with the debt series and have failed to keep their content consistent and relevant.

The kids rooms tours could have been more than one video. They should have vlogged the whole process. Set a budget for each room and make it a challenge to stay within it. Show the repurposing of the old decor. They are a hot mess and way too lazy and unorganized to make yt sustainable.

Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

Boymomma123 wrote:They really have not paid any debt by cutting back and sticking to a budget if you add it all up.
They sold their crap, stimilus money, tax return, lets not forget they deferred their mortgage payments for a while. Her parents gave them money from some "savings account". Plus whatever else they are not telling us about.

The schools and gymnastics shut down so they saved money from that. They are back in school and gymnastics so those expenses are back.

What really bothers me about their unwillingness to seek other jobs is yt could dry up for them at any time. Katie is so smug about how its a "real job" yet they barely put in effort. Their channel has been slowly dying for 3+ years. They got a boost last year with the debt series and have failed to keep their content consistent and relevant.

The kids rooms tours could have been more than one video. They should have vlogged the whole process. Set a budget for each room and make it a challenge to stay within it. Show the repurposing of the old decor. They are a hot mess and way too lazy and unorganized to make yt sustainable.

Most schools and activities required you to continue to pay while they were closed to hold the child’s spot.
BishandDish
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BishandDish »

So the entire year they only paid 1-4k a month towards their debts? Then in January they have magical 16k? It doesnt add up when you add in the moving expenses, paying 10K to close on their old home, and all the eating out and buying they've done. I've said this before and I stand by it. I truly think someone from their family is helping them.

Also, that is a good point about the rooms, and even their new house in general. They could've done budget friendly home stuff for a month or two and raked it in. A lot of people enjoy that content, including me!
RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by RottieMama »

Hello ladies! We’re just about due for a new thread! Please comment your title suggestions down below, and the one with the most “likes/thanks” after we hit 1,000 posts, will be selected!

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

While I understand the thought process behind paying off the smallest debts first, in this case it seems to have made them overly confident, as if they don't owe $22,000 on a car and $38,000 in credit card debt. They seem to be at least somewhat aware that the only reason they paid off so much in 2020 was because they had a substantial amount of possessions to sell. I think it's starting to dawn on them that they're going to have to really buckle down to pay off the remaining debt.

It's sort of makes sense that they were suddenly able to pay off a lot more debt at the end of the year because that's when they were no longer responsible for their astronomical mortgage. Since they've been planning to leave the area I assume they unenrolled the kids in their activities from the pandemic first hit. Doesn't make a lot of sense to continue to pay to hold a spot if you don't plan on being in the area. I agree it's very telling that they have resumed those expensive activities.

I think they have previously stated that they made around $100,000 when they called him to the Dave Ramsey show and the fact that they received a stimulus check tells us they did not make more than $150,000 in 2019. I agree that it doesn't really add up. They don't appear to spend like a family of four living on only $50,000 a year. It seems pretty clear that they only reason they made a dent in their debt this year is a combination of stimulus money, tax refund, selling stuff, and probably family money. And even then they were essentially just getting current on a lot of past due bills. They barely touched the high interest credit card debt. It will be interesting to see them go from this o living on roughly $50,000 a year.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The other reason Katie doesn't want Cullen to get a regular job is that she would be alone with the kids
Are they in school in person in Alabama, or is it remote? There is no way Katie would want to be doing remote learning all by herself hungover.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

I don't follow too closely but.. does Katie not have a PhD?? Why are they talking about why CULLEN won't get a second job, Katie should if anyone does!
Wheresthecake
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Wheresthecake »

imoverit wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:43 pm I don't follow too closely but.. does Katie not have a PhD?? Why are they talking about why CULLEN won't get a second job, Katie should if anyone does!
I mean, I don’t think it’s a secret to anyone that they’re both incredibly lazy and do basically anything to avoid actual work now. But of course she’s going to push for him to be the provider of the house despite her being the one actually qualified to get a well paying, benefit filled job for their family. They both have gotten so comfortable with not having to work a ‘regular’ job and staying home or doing whatever they want whenever they want that it’s almost like a fight for who gets to keep living this lifestyle while the other has to look at reality when really, both of them should be getting jobs off of YouTube and bettering their children’s futures.
SomeoneActually
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SomeoneActually »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:02 pm The other reason Katie doesn't want Cullen to get a regular job is that she would be alone with the kids
Are they in school in person in Alabama, or is it remote? There is no way Katie would want to be doing remote learning all by herself hungover.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Gaines had a week of virtual learning but is now back to in person school. Brooks has been in person since the move.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

If Katie's figures are even close to correct I think its clear that most of the money comes from sponsored content rather than revenue from views so they have probably been earning more than we think.

I will be interested to see if they move back home when the lease is up. They wanted a move to the beach but are still 45 mins drive from the beach and I can see why they found it hard being around successful and wealthy friends and family while in their shit situation. We are a lot poorer than most of our friends and family it can be tough mentally. They might find after this summer that living (sorta) near the beach isn't all its cracked up to be and going to the family beach house a couple of times of year is actually perfect. Also if they do get out of debt and save a down payment they probably wont be feeling as much Shame being around friends and family.
Mclindy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Mclindy »

Title suggestion: Moving near the beach (sorta) to spend more than they oughta.

Inspiration from poster Irishmiss.
BishandDish
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BishandDish »

What did cullen do before youtube? I dont remember. How sad to have a PhD and have no desire to work. What a waste.
What the_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by What the_ »

irishmiss wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:53 am If Katie's figures are even close to correct I think its clear that most of the money comes from sponsored content rather than revenue from views so they have probably been earning more than we think.

I will be interested to see if they move back home when the lease is up. They wanted a move to the beach but are still 45 mins drive from the beach and I can see why they found it hard being around successful and wealthy friends and family while in their shit situation. We are a lot poorer than most of our friends and family it can be tough mentally. They might find after this summer that living (sorta) near the beach isn't all its cracked up to be and going to the family beach house a couple of times of year is actually perfect. Also if they do get out of debt and save a down payment they probably wont be feeling as much Shame being around friends and family.
That’s what I am starting to think too - they must be making a lot from sponsors cuz they don’t put out that many videos.
What the... :jd:
kaper
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kaper »

They seem to talk a lot about saving for a down payment on another house. I wonder how difficult it will be to qualify for a mortgage given their past debt performance?

Return to “Cullen and Katie”