Bonnie and Joel: Butt slapping with Bonnie Part 7

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Butt slapping with Bonnie Part 7

Unread post by tratra58 »

phie20 wrote:I really don't understand why she needs to show her precious baby Lincoln fully naked from behind to the whole f world to see.
Oh, what a fun memory. :?
She doesn't and she is a disgusting mother for doing this to her child on the internet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

baby butts are the cutest but they do not belong on the internet for everybody to see.

how many people get embarrassed flipping through the family photo albums and seeing naked pics of themselves as babies? my guess is a lot.... now multiply that by 500,000 (or more!) and that's how many eyes are (potentially) looking at those naked videos. scary thought.

how do they think these kids are going to feel about that when they're older? they have no choice in the matter now if their bodies are exploited on the internet, but even right this second, i'm sure they would not like to be naked in a room full of strangers. so how is their mother uploading video footage on her youtube channel any different? it's not.

how does bonnie not see this? she's not an idiot. why does she keep crossing boundaries and violating every shred of her children's privacy? is it really just to earn more $$$? i would love to know what her thought process is.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Vincere wrote:Let the naked baby discussions begin... again.
It is fair to really look at this mother as abnormal when she shows no respect with her children's privacy daily. I don't know what is wrong with her? Does she do this for the views or is she not well?

An adult or thirty year old should recognize boundaries with YouTube.
Where is Joel in editing too.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

tratra58 wrote:
Vincere wrote:Let the naked baby discussions begin... again.
It is fair to really look at this mother as abnormal when she shows no respect with her children's privacy daily. I don't know what is wrong with her? Does she do this for the views or is she not well?

An adult or thirty year old should recognize boundaries with YouTube.
Where is Joel in editing too.

I think she does it because she thinks it's cute herself and doesn't agree there is any risk. I don't think it's because she's a sicko or wants views. Most mothers have taken pics like that at some point to capture memories. Bonnie may actually still be vlogging thinks she'd like to remember and doesn't think about the problems with that. She really doesn't edit things out much at all.

Like AD said, baby butts are cute. It's not a pedo thing. You can go to the store and find greeting cards, baby products, calendars, etc. It's only a problem with vloggers because their children's privacy is being exploited. I think Bonnie has blinders on. She lives in the same house as before and has the same lifestyle. She doesn't have a network telling her what to do yet (I'm sure she's heard of that side of the biz) and her channel is still smaller than E&Js. I think her life feels the same and so she's told herself they are still a small channel and she's just sharing footage with friends. I certainly have more than a few friends that think it's ok to share naked pics of their kids on FB. I myself find the potty pics of toddlers more offensive than a baby butt, but that's just me. Bonnie is stupid and ignorant, but as I've said before, I don't think she's a pervert.

The Griffith children weren't allowed many personal items growing up, not even personal boundaries Image
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I agree that she has blinders on. I think she's telling herself that pedophiles aren't looking at _her_ kids. But she really needs to wake up and smell the toast. It's not ok, not just because of the pedophiles, but for the privacy reasons already stated. Yes, we all have cute naked pictures of our kids. And apparently, some people think it's ok to post them on Facebook, but I don't. Those are for me. I wouldn't share them, because my kids would be mortified. And the calendars, and greeting cards are different, because nobody knows who that baby is. There's no name attached to it.
I know that the Griffiths girls didn't get to have boundaries growing up-- it's pretty obvious. But they can break out, for their kids.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:I agree that she has blinders on. I think she's telling herself that pedophiles aren't looking at _her_ kids. But she really needs to wake up and smell the toast. It's not ok, not just because of the pedophiles, but for the privacy reasons already stated. Yes, we all have cute naked pictures of our kids. And apparently, some people think it's ok to post them on Facebook, but I don't. Those are for me. I wouldn't share them, because my kids would be mortified. And the calendars, and greeting cards are different, because nobody knows who that baby is. There's no name attached to it.
I know that the Griffiths girls didn't get to have boundaries growing up-- it's pretty obvious. But they can break out, for their kids.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Right. The right to body privacy is an issue, but I think the blinders in general is a bigger problem. Honestly, pedos can be watching for the baby butts, but it's more likely that are watching and looking for "material" our minds just wouldn't comprehend. Avoiding naked footage isn't going to eliminate the problem altogether. All vloggers need to be aware of the choice they are making. This is the problem. They all seem to have blinders when it comes to their children being accessible. There are virtual and physical risks. I've said this with E&J too, that the more they avoid large conventions and meet ups, the easier it is to maintain that false sense of security. There is a very real risk that someone with ill intent can find the kids. We know their routines and where they live. Blinders are a problem that goes much farther than bathtub footage.... that is just a symptom. It will be interesting to see if Ruby and Bonnie both continue to abstain from Vloggerfair and Playlist. If so, this could be because they don't want to face reality.

I just cannot imagine moving to a big expensive home in a normal neighbourhood. As much as I hate to praise Bryan and Missy, they did make the safer choice moving to a gated community and larger piece of property.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kidses is not a word!!!!
Aaand she put the offending bear in Olivia's room.
I still don't understand the empty frames that are off-set from the bed in Olivia's room.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie and Joel: Butt slapping with Bonnie Part 7

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I generally think Bonnie is a good mom, she is raising good kids. Her childhood and family are/were a mess and she is raising her kids a bit differently. They are taught to respect items, keep things clean, take pride in their appearance, a schedule, a lot of things that are lacking with kids these days. I agree that no book smarts though is an issue.

With that said, what the hell Bonnie? Is it so hard to blur out a baby ass or leave the clip out all together.

I think her kids will be the least traumatized.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

lmmomSD wrote:Kidses is not a word!!!!
I still don't understand the empty frames that are off-set from the bed in Olivia's room.
I've been meaning to comment on this for several weeks but Bonnie has recently filmed other footage to discuss. Thank you for bringing it up. What are those empty frames about?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

If she wouldn't be comfortable with a shot of her butt or her body in the bathtub being in the vlogs then she should show the same privacy and respect to her children.

I wouldn't go as far as to say she's a pervert, but I don't think she gets an ignorance pass either. She wouldn't walk up to strangers on the street and show off her naked children, but doing it on the internet isn't any different. All you need is an ounce of common sense to realize that you shouldn't put your child through something that you yourself wouldn't do, she just doesn't really care.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Scar2016 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Kidses is not a word!!!!
I've been meaning to comment on this for several weeks but Bonnie has recently filmed other footage to discuss. Thank you for bringing it up. What are those empty frames about?
They are a metaphor of the Mormon family: picture perfect but empty on the inside.
IDK, maybe she just found it on Pinterest and liked it.
Gossipgirl777
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Gossipgirl777 »

[video][/video] who was the photographer in this? Does anyone know?
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

RootBeerFloatie wrote:If she wouldn't be comfortable with a shot of her butt or her body in the bathtub being in the vlogs then she should show the same privacy and respect to her children.

I wouldn't go as far as to say she's a pervert, but I don't think she gets an ignorance pass either. She wouldn't walk up to strangers on the street and show off her naked children, but doing it on the internet isn't any different. All you need is an ounce of common sense to realize that you shouldn't put your child through something that you yourself wouldn't do, she just doesn't really care.
The now already infamous baby butt scene only lasted for about 10 seconds. And yet, Bonnie's eye direction at the end is uncomfortable. She seems obsessed with her children's *cough* body parts, which even extends to her husbands. Fine Bonnie, but don't share that shit on the internet and claim to be a family channel. I think she views her children as her 'possessions' rather than living breathing humans in their own right.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

I take a lot of pictures. And I share 99.9% of them on Facebook. My Facebook is private, so assuming none of my friends share my photos elsewhere, they are viewed by a couple hundred people maximum.

I will also admit to taking a picture of my newborns tiny booty the other day because he has the hairiest little butt and I love it BUT that photo will not be shared on facebook. It will be put in an album for my own memories.

I feel like this is common sense for all parents. I don't think ignorance is an excuse at this point.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

tratra58 wrote:
Sweet456 wrote:I'm sorry I'm a thrower/donater and I see things differently more from Joel's side. Why keep drawers full of clothes she can never wear again, they take up space and are never seen or used. Pick your favorites keep them and move on. I thought it was a wonderful idea and felt bad for him the moment she started freaking out. Poor Joel can't do right for Bonnie most the time I feel like she's never pleased if he strays his way for a moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am a thrower too and if I can't use it, I think who else might use it or throw it out. My idea of saving has not always been well received when I clean closets, drawers, but most times the things that have been donated or thrown are never missed. However, I think Bonnie isn't like me so I don't think this nice gesture was well received. I have saved one baptismal gown and that is it.

So I thought this was a just for fun shoot. Where they sponsored to sell the dresses it sounds like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Maybe she's becoming desperate as her numbers are stagnating and Ruby has already surpassed her in viewers and subscribers and Bonnie is now wondering what happened. Sadly naked children usually work.

I don't either believe like some, that the reason her numbers are down is mainly because she caters to older viewers. She is not feeling it at the moment which shines thrue in some of the vlogs. Bonnie needs a break like the one she had earlier this year. Don't remember the reason she took the break but it seemed to help her...
They might not have thought it thrue clearly when they decided for Joel to leave his job. But Im always rooting for the Hoelleins ;)
Nini12
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nini12 »

I don't think she's showing Lincs butt because she wants more views, I don't know what the reasoning behind it is but either way Bonnie (and Joel) are choosing to ignore that there are creepy strangers all around the world watching their vlogs. Considering that they're getting close to hitting half a million subscribers and they've been vlogging for an year or two, there's no way that they don't know about the risks of posting stuff like this or naming one vlog "there's no hair in my undies".

I still like their vlogs but I feel like Bonnie is getting overwhelmed with having the responsibility of being the breadwinner and having Joel at home with her, I remember that earlier this year there was a girl who helped her taking care of the kids and Bonnie talked about how that had been a blessing or something like that, so there's been a long time since she felt that it was too much to handle the kids and youtube by herself.
I don't watch many vloggers but aside from her and Ruby, I can't think of many vlog channels where the woman/mom of the family is the one who is in change of the editing (I know that Joel is starting to help now).
^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language
Mammabear
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mammabear »

I agree, I think neither Bonnie nor Joel are feeling the You Tube magic they once had. They have lost their X factor.

With Joel quitting work, I expected more thought around their vlogging. For example, they passed up on ALL that DIY opportunity when he was renovating, and even when he was fixing the cold storage room this week, how hard would it have been to shoot some footage of the condensation problem, emptying the room, talking to the tradies who applied the styro insulation and then organising it again.

They could be doing one DIY and one beauty vlog each week, and give themselves a break from the daily thing on those days. I also think their decision to include sponsorship in the videos has changed the tone too ~ whether we understand the financial reality of YT or not.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Joel shouldn't have quit his job untill they knew what to do and how it would work out with him at home. Remember they only have two kids at home, the other two are at school. Hopefully 2017 will help them find their rythm...

I personally like the vlogs when we get to see the children like Boston and Olivia, without Bonnie talking about it and explaining. I enjoyed Bostons singing in the latest vlog and Im glad Bonnie didn't interrupt him this time. He has so much to offer with his little personallity but I feel like Bonnie wants him to be a perfect mormon-child and he has lost some of his sparkle as a child because of that. You can see it in his eyes, he doesn't seem like himself or either getting shy and uncomfortable with the camera.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

New vlog is up. Title: ''Living with HERPES...''

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”