- Bonnie vlogs full time

Title credit: sasperillo
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Butt slapping with Bonnie Part 7

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

It was so uncomfortable watching Bonnie scold Boston for pushing "her baby". Yes, he shouldn't be pushing anyone but the wording of "my baby" totally gave off Ellie vibes. Maybe Bonnie is more like Ellie then we think, Bonnie has just hid her favouritism better.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I have mixed feelings about that clip. First of all, I don't think she should be disciplining on camera. It would be much better for her to sit down and explain to the viewers what she did, rather than show it. I also thought the way she told Boston that Santa would bring him /nothing/ was very mean. She emphasized the word nothing quite harshly, given that she's talking to a very little boy. Using the phrase "my baby" was weird too, and also a little mean. Boston isn't an infant but he should still be her baby too.

One thing I did like was the suggestion that he write Santa a letter to apologize. Practice writing, an art project, and a lesson all in one! Great idea. I just think that the way Bonnie approached Boston was way too harsh, almost like she was scolding someone else's child for pushing "her baby." I can't get over the emphasis on the word nothing, either.
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

I haven't been watching Bonnie's vlogs for awhile now because they are starting to bore me. Ruby is really the only one I (hate)watch now out of the whole family.

Have they STILL not addressed Joel's job???
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Sarai »

alexandriablue wrote:I haven't been watching Bonnie's vlogs for awhile now because they are starting to bore me. Ruby is really the only one I (hate)watch now out of the whole family.

No, and she deletes comments asking about it.
shewolf_07
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shewolf_07 »

^^Um what?! Remember when we all loved Bonnie :D :D :D No one is safe from the inexorable changes family vlogging incurs...no one
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Sarai wrote:
alexandriablue wrote:I haven't been watching Bonnie's vlogs for awhile now because they are starting to bore me. Ruby is really the only one I (hate)watch now out of the whole family.

No, and she deletes comments asking about it.
To be fair she sort of did, she said he was working on bigger projects and he said he had always hoped to open a laundromat one day....

She may still be deleting comments about it though.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

shewolf_07 wrote:^^Um what?! Remember when we all loved Bonnie :D :D :D No one is safe from the inexorable changes family vlogging incurs...no one
Most people are lukewarm about her on this board. Many still like her. There is definitely a very vocal minority that hate her lately though.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:It was so uncomfortable watching Bonnie scold Boston for pushing "her baby". Yes, he shouldn't be pushing anyone but the wording of "my baby" totally gave off Ellie vibes. Maybe Bonnie is more like Ellie then we think, Bonnie has just hid her favouritism better.
Whose baby is he then?

I thought it was fine. She didn't yell at him ffs. She was gentle and explained what was expected of him. I'm sure there's no lasting damage. Did she need to vlog it, no? But there was absolutely nothing concerning about how she handled it.. at least from this mother's perspective. Am I the only parent on this board?
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

Instead of scolding him for knocking over "my baby" I would have scolded him for knocking over "your baby brother".
TaraLas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by TaraLas »

BadWolf wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:It was so uncomfortable watching Bonnie scold Boston for pushing "her baby". Yes, he shouldn't be pushing anyone but the wording of "my baby" totally gave off Ellie vibes. Maybe Bonnie is more like Ellie then we think, Bonnie has just hid her favouritism better.
Whose baby is he then?

I thought it was fine. She didn't yell at him ffs. She was gentle and explained what was expected of him. I'm sure there's no lasting damage. Did she need to vlog it, no? But there was absolutely nothing concerning about how she handled it.. at least from this mother's perspective. Am I the only parent on this board?
I'm a parent of three and also didn't like it when she said "my baby." To me, all my kids are my babies. Even my six year old. I can imagine Bonnie's use of the words "my baby" would make her older kids feel a little insecure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie and Joel: Butt slapping with Bonnie Part 7

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

TaraLas wrote:
BadWolf wrote:
Whose baby is he then?

I'm a parent of three and also didn't like it when she said "my baby." To me, all my kids are my babies. Even my six year old. I can imagine Bonnie's use of the words "my baby" would make her older kids feel a little insecure.

I have a 9 year old and 2 year old. I call the little one "the baby" because at one time he was and the other one wasn't. My 9 year old knows he's my baby too though.

For me it's just words. I don't think it meant anything. At least it doesn't when I say it.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I think that's the difference though. How old is Boston, two or three? Not old enough to understand the distinction. Plus "the baby" and "my baby" have a different connotation. It may have been innocent enough, and for me it was more about the way she said it than the words themselves, but Boston is probably pushing Lincoln out of jealousy. And if that's the case, saying things like "Why did you push my baby?" won't help.

We can't always help the things that come out of our mouths though, so maybe it was just bad wording. It definitely sounded weird though!
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

Kids feel love through actions more than words. From what I've seen she appears to treat all her kids pretty equally. She's been accused of favouring each one of them at some point or another on this board. She isn't treating them differently, so I doubt they are going to feel insecure based off of words alone. I think everyone is reading way to into it. Plus I've seen some of the same people nitpick the DB board about how they aren't disciplining the older child and teaching him not to rough up his brother.

Like someone else said. Bonnie didn't need to vlog talking to Boston, but there was nothing wrong or detrimental with how she handled it and the words she used. You learn to use different words with different children. At least a good mother would! She speaks to Cody and disciplines him with a gentler hand and words than she does Boston because they have different temperaments. I actually think thats the mark of an engaged parent...
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

IceCreamCone wrote:
Kids feel love through actions more than words. From what I've seen she appears to treat all her kids pretty equally. She's been accused of favouring each one of them at some point or another on this board. She isn't treating them differently, so I doubt they are going to feel insecure based off of words alone. I think everyone is reading way to into it. Plus I've seen some of the same people nitpick the DB board about how they aren't disciplining the older child and teaching him not to rough up his brother.

Like someone else said. Bonnie didn't need to vlog talking to Boston, but there was nothing wrong or detrimental with how she handled it and the words she used. You learn to use different words with different children. At least a good mother would! She speaks to Cody and disciplines him with a gentler hand and words than she does Boston because they have different temperaments. I actually think thats the mark of an engaged parent...
By saying "my baby" she may be appealing to Boston's love for her. He does not want to hurt something of Mommy's. Her kids adore her and she adores them. I see nothing wrong with what she said. She has changed her policy of disciplining them off camera.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Holy overreaction Bateman. I just watched her talking to Boston and it was not what I was expecting by reading on here.

I talk to my kids like this. I call the kids "my baby" or "my daughter" when disciplining the others. It shows them that they can't be mean and get away with it. I would do the same with all my kids. Hell, I will even yell if they push "my dog" out of the way. They need to learn to treat things with respect. By showing them things belong to me they will see that I will not put up with it.

Lord.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

New job so far includes jogging, handyman around the house, napping and an increase role filming vlogs. He also volunteers with the church and is a helpful dad.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

TaraLas wrote:
BadWolf wrote:
Whose baby is he then?

Good response and I agree to address all children as equals so to speak.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

BadWolf wrote:
shewolf_07 wrote:^^Um what?! Remember when we all loved Bonnie :D :D :D No one is safe from the inexorable changes family vlogging incurs...no one
Most people are lukewarm about her on this board. Many still like her. There is definitely a very vocal minority that hate her lately though.
I think most are middle of the road, but if you vlog long enough you see areas not all would agree with her. I don't think anyone outright hate towards Bonnie (hate such a strong word too) like you see with Ellie.
Ellie seems mean and I don't think Bonnie is like this.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ducklings4 wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:

By saying "my baby" she may be appealing to Boston's love for her. He does not want to hurt something of Mommy's. Her kids adore her and she adores them. I see nothing wrong with what she said. She has changed her policy of disciplining them off camera.

I kinda think her original policy of no discipline on camera had some merit. While it was gentle discipline with Boston, it might be best to be left private. I would wonder why he is pushing his younger brother around for example, is he taking his toys etc. Has anyone ever question these kids names. Boston, Lincoln and Cody. Are they names of cities or towns that have some significants?

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”