theJKtoday

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: theJKtoday

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I image Jay's business is affected by the shut down. All in-person court sessions are suspended and with people staying home, there are less driving infractions. I'm sure he can work from home, but he is dependent on clients that maybe not there at the moment.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by irishmiss »

YTIG60 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:25 am I image Jay's business is affected by the shut down. All in-person court sessions are suspended and with people staying home, there are less driving infractions. I'm sure he can work from home, but he is dependent on clients that maybe not there at the moment.
Yeah i imagine his income is going to suffer because of this. I wouldn't be surprised if they do make a return soon to earn a little bit of money. They come across a little bit more financially sensible than Cullen & Katie so I think the fact that they have another way to make money means they will use it.

I really hate when vloggers just quit without addressing it at all. Its like a big F**k you to all of their followers they pretended to care about in my opinion. Did they ever address why they stopped anywhere?
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

irishmiss wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:05 am
YTIG60 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:25 am I image Jay's business is affected by the shut down. All in-person court sessions are suspended and with people staying home, there are less driving infractions. I'm sure he can work from home, but he is dependent on clients that maybe not there at the moment.
Yeah i imagine his income is going to suffer because of this. I wouldn't be surprised if they do make a return soon to earn a little bit of money. They come across a little bit more financially sensible than Cullen & Katie so I think the fact that they have another way to make money means they will use it.

I really hate when vloggers just quit without addressing it at all. Its like a big F**k you to all of their followers they pretended to care about in my opinion. Did they ever address why they stopped anywhere?
He is a small business owner so I don't know if he'll be eligible for government help. But my guess is no to some of the direct payments to US residents since they could have a higher income, but they should get something with the stimulus bill due to the children portion of payment relief.
I image she could be a little worried about finances with less income. The news has talked about a decrease in crime due to stay at home orders that doesn't help defense attorneys. Playing tennis this summer looks like a pipe dream
No, I don't think she addressed no longer uploading YouTube, but perhaps it was as simple as she didn't need the money and didn't want to invest her time.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

YTIG60 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:41 am
irishmiss wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:05 am Yeah i imagine his income is going to suffer because of this. I wouldn't be surprised if they do make a return soon to earn a little bit of money. They come across a little bit more financially sensible than Cullen & Katie so I think the fact that they have another way to make money means they will use it.

He is a small business owner so I don't know if he'll be eligible for government help. But my guess is no to some of the direct payments to US residents since they could have a higher income, but they should get something with the stimulus bill due to the children portion of payment relief.
I image she could be a little worried about finances with less income. The news has talked about a decrease in crime due to stay at home orders that doesn't help defense attorneys. Playing tennis this summer looks like a pipe dream
No, I don't think she addressed no longer uploading YouTube, but perhaps it was as simple as she didn't need the money and didn't want to invest her time.
Yeah it was more of a hobby with some extra income for fun stuff for them I think but I imagine that extra income will come in handy now. Unless they left for some reason other than just not interested in it anymore I think they will be back in some capacity.

Jay deals mainly with DUI cases I believe so i bet there are way less DUI's right now.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

irishmiss wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:09 am Yeah it was more of a hobby with some extra income for fun stuff for them I think but I imagine that extra income will come in handy now. Unless they left for some reason other than just not interested in it anymore I think they will be back in some capacity.

Jay deals mainly with DUI cases I believe so i bet there are way less DUI's right now.
I image they are watching their spending. I'm not sure Kelley or her children have ever done this?
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I see Kelley does post pictures on IG and there is one pictures when Jay and her look like they were teens and others more recent of them at the pool or beach etc... I am amazed how much sun damage she has that really ages her. Some fans are asking if she is going to vlog in the future, but no response. Did Jay's brother have their baby?
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

YTIG60 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:40 pm I see Kelley does post pictures on IG and there is one pictures when Jay and her look like they were teens and others more recent of them at the pool or beach etc... I am amazed how much sun damage she has that really ages her. Some fans are asking if she is going to vlog in the future, but no response. Did Jay's brother have their baby?
Yes they had a boy.

She is posting very little on Instagram though too. If they haven't come back yet out of boredom with lockdown then I dont think they will. I'm starting to wonder if they stopped because of a safety concern especially because they've not addressed the situation at all.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

They did more or less address it, and left it open whether they would return or not. But I agree it's a f* you to viewers, for them (youtubers) always a win-win situation and too easy to leave it open (avoiding and not owning a real decision) when you actually want to stop but leave it 'open' just to safe the trouble of having to explain in case you would ever want to come back or need YT again. Still all in all, I like and appreciate Kelley and sometimes I wish I would know how they are doing, I'm curious, and the problem is you get attached to people and once in a while you think about them. I would be really happy if they would upload a video, just 1. But I appreciate she stopped. And at least she is a good mother and wife, has her house in order and cooks her family decent meals.... ;)
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

lovingthisforum wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:10 am They did more or less address it, and left it open whether they would return or not. But I agree it's a f* you to viewers, for them (youtubers) always a win-win situation and too easy to leave it open (avoiding and not owning a real decision) when you actually want to stop but leave it 'open' just to safe the trouble of having to explain in case you would ever want to come back or need YT again. Still all in all, I like and appreciate Kelley and sometimes I wish I would know how they are doing, I'm curious, and the problem is you get attached to people and once in a while you think about them. I would be really happy if they would upload a video, just 1. But I appreciate she stopped. And at least she is a good mother and wife, has her house in order and cooks her family decent meals.... ;)
Where did they address it? I must have missed it. Just watching their last vlog and jay says Madeleine's room reveal would be up soon so it seems they had intended to keep vlogging somewhat.

Yeah I completely understand why they stopped and respect them for putting their family first but yes I would love the occasional update. While they're not perfect (nobody is) they are normal people unlike most youtubers.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

lovingthisforum wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:10 am They did more or less address it, and left it open whether they would return or not. But I agree it's a f* you to viewers, for them (youtubers) always a win-win situation and too easy to leave it open (avoiding and not owning a real decision) when you actually want to stop but leave it 'open' just to safe the trouble of having to explain in case you would ever want to come back or need YT again. Still all in all, I like and appreciate Kelley and sometimes I wish I would know how they are doing, I'm curious, and the problem is you get attached to people and once in a while you think about them. I would be really happy if they would upload a video, just 1. But I appreciate she stopped. And at least she is a good mother and wife, has her house in order and cooks her family decent meals.... ;)
Where did they address it? I must have missed it. Just watching their last vlog and jay says Madeleine's room reveal would be up soon so it seems they had intended to keep vlogging somewhat.

Yeah I completely understand why they stopped and respect them for putting their family first but yes I would love the occasional update. While they're not perfect (nobody is) they are normal people unlike most youtubers.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

irishmiss wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:49 am

A former viewer is asking them about YouTube on IG. Why not be respectful of someone who supported your channel and answer the question. It would take 2 seconds to say we decided to pause or stop due to personal reasons.
They're at the beach (IG) and after filming the issues with skin cancer, her family are all extremely tan. Beaches along Florida have been crowded so I don't know how safe things are and Alabama has been hit hard in areas with COVID. They live a the county with the most new cases.
I wonder how Jay's business is doing with AL courts suspended in their state.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

YTIG60 wrote:
irishmiss wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:49 am Where did they address it? I must have missed it. Just watching their last vlog and jay says Madeleine's room reveal would be up soon so it seems they had intended to keep vlogging somewhat.

A former viewer is asking them about YouTube on IG. Why not be respectful of someone who supported your channel and answer the question. It would take 2 seconds to say we decided to pause or stop due to personal reasons.
They're at the beach (IG) and after filming the issues with skin cancer, her family are all extremely tan. Beaches along Florida have been crowded so I don't know how safe things are and Alabama has been hit hard in areas with COVID. They live a the county with the most new cases.
I wonder how Jay's business is doing with AL courts suspended in their state.
I saw that IG. Especially Madeline looks extremely crispy. After having skin cancer issues, how can you not try to teach your children to make better choices. Guess I can hope that it’s a really good spray tan before going to the beach.

Both sides of the family are bad about it. Grand berry posts pool pictures a lot and you can tell she has a ton of freckles and likely moles. We know both Katie and Cullen like to get sun baked all summer.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I don't think her channel was making enough money to make it worth it. She was an ok mom, kept the house clean and suppers made. If she starts uploading videos, it is possible they need another source of income?
It was heartbreaking Jay lost his mother. She seemed like a great mom and grandmother.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

Unlike Katie and Cullen, Jay has a real job and probably makes $200,000+ a year. I'm sure they have a very healthy savings account, etc.

There are still DUIs and he probably has clients still paying him even during shutdowns. A lot of legal stuff happens digitally these days and most of legal stuff is paperwork.

One of the most wealthy and "famous" lawyers in my town is a DUI lawyer. They make major BANK.

I don't see them coming back to YT. It's not worth it.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

rosie_dalia wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:34 pm Unlike Katie and Cullen, Jay has a real job and probably makes $200,000+ a year. I'm sure they have a very healthy savings account, etc.

There are still DUIs and he probably has clients still paying him even during shutdowns. A lot of legal stuff happens digitally these days and most of legal stuff is paperwork.

One of the most wealthy and "famous" lawyers in my town is a DUI lawyer. They make major BANK.

As much as I miss watching them I applaud them for doing the sensible thing and getting away from youtube. I would love to know what did it though because they never explained it and in the last vlog they were talking about future content so was a bit sudden in that respect.

A) new year new kelley. Decided to quit and do something else. She was always big into new years goals etc.

B) humiliated by what Katie is saying in her podcasts.

C) has seen how YouTube has screwed up Katie's life and decided it's not worth it. Also has another side of the story to tell and doesn't want to be tempted to tell it online.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

rosie_dalia wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:34 pm Unlike Katie and Cullen, Jay has a real job and probably makes $200,000+ a year. I'm sure they have a very healthy savings account, etc.

As much as I miss watching them I applaud them for doing the sensible thing and getting away from youtube. I would love to know what did it though because they never explained it and in the last vlog they were talking about future content so was a bit sudden in that respect.

A) new year new kelley. Decided to quit and do something else. She was always big into new years goals etc.

C) has seen how YouTube has screwed up Katie's life and decided it's not worth it. Also has another side of the story to tell and doesn't want to be tempted to tell it online.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

irishmiss wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:53 am

Yeah, Kelley seems to have a life. She was always meeting up with friends and doing activities like tennis, walking and such. Katie seems to always be at home and not doing anything.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

rosie_dalia wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:26 am As much as I miss watching them I applaud them for doing the sensible thing and getting away from youtube. I would love to know what did it though because they never explained it and in the last vlog they were talking about future content so was a bit sudden in that respect.

Yeah, Kelley seems to have a life. She was always meeting up with friends and doing activities like tennis, walking and such. Katie seems to always be at home and not doing anything.
[/quote]

I agree Kelly didn't or does need the hassle of YouTube and I think some of her vlogs were touching with the loss of her mother-in-law. Other vlogs, she was snobby.
I wouldn't have uploaded on IG a picture of the new car (Mercedes) for a sixteen year old during a pandemic when times are tough for many, but they don't need to care anymore since they are no longer social media influencers. I thought their oldest might be working since she was in scrubs, but she's not and it was part of school event.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”