Women "Serving" Men

This section houses all of the debates and discussions held in the Boxing Ring.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Women "Serving" Men

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

From the JesssFam/GabeandJesss thread.

Take the discussion here. Enjoy.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Women "Serving" Men

Unread post by smom12 »

Lol this is great because I was gonna ask to make a separate thread.

Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I don't know if I want to read the comments to be validated by the awesome feminists here or to get angry because of what one person on the internet says about men being superior to women. :misch:
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Honestly I find the whole think laughable. He is superior why? Because he doesn't have a uterus? I'm just really trying to understand from her point of view.

nicoleojo
Talker
Talker

Re: Women

Unread post by nicoleojo »

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... aa5f12.jpg

Jeybee27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Jeybee27 »

I'm a 1950s wife but with a job lol I love cleaning after my husband and my kids, I love cooking, baking, everything. BUT if I work late, my husband will gladly cook and clean. My kids know to pick up their toys when asked. I would never in a million years imagine saying that anyone is superior to me. Talk about low self esteem and daddy issues...
ArielLipstick
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ArielLipstick »

I don't understand how any woman can earnestly say that her husband/boyfriend is superior to her and that it's her her duty to serve him, and then in the next breath say this attitude won't affect her children. That is pretty damn delusional.
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

In MY relationship, my boyfriend is superior to me. End of story. He works harder, works more, works longer.
No not all men are superior to women, but in my case, yes he is.
I am not abused, I am happy, he is happy. He respects and appreciates me.
When it comes to cleaning and cooking, I'm superior to him. It's about different aspects.
I wonder if you ladies are pigs like Jess, and you're mad I'm clean, and take care of an appreciate my man? Is that it? I want to know why you're all so mad.

Lucyall
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lucyall »

missy-1010 wrote:In MY relationship, my boyfriend is superior to me. End of story. He works harder, works more, works longer.
When it comes to cleaning and cooking, I'm superior to him. It's about different aspects.
I wonder if you ladies are pigs like Jess, and you're mad I'm clean, and take care of an appreciate my man? Is that it? I want to know why you're all so mad.

I'm not mad. I'm honestly just mystified and intrigued by your point of view. I 100% don't agree with your view but I'm interested in WHY you think that you are inferior to someone.

Do you view your boyfriend as superior to other people? Is he superior to your mom?

ArielLipstick
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ArielLipstick »

Yeah, sure. Let's go with it being jealousy. :roll:

Like did you honestly expect zero backlash when you described your husband as superior and that it's your duty to serve him? You really going to act all surprised that people got mad?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

It's my duty to serve my cat.

My cat is superior.
Crystal-heart81
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Crystal-heart81 »

The fact you think your man is superior to you is actually making me sad more than anything else. I do the majority of the house work and child rearing because I only work part time and my husband works full time plus is a fire fighter. However he is not a more superior human to me just because he works more. We complement each other and are a team.
D33f
Talker
Talker

Unread post by D33f »

missy-1010 wrote:In MY relationship, my boyfriend is superior to me. End of story. He works harder, works more, works longer.

Why do you need to equate that to superiority/inferiority? Can't you have different roles to play in the relationship? Very curious as to why you feel the need to put him on a pedestal while denigrating your own worth, regardless if you're happy about it or not.

Casbel
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Casbel »

When I'm married with kids I'd love to be a 1950s housewife who does all the cooking and cleaning because that's what I LIKE doing, I take pride in it.
My fiancé appreciates everything I do and helps out when he can (at the moment he's working and studying full time so I try not to let him do too much)
Never have I once thought that he was my superior...that's just messed up.
Love is a partnership...you're both equal but you both excel in different areas (which is what makes your relationship work)

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

I am absolutely gobsmacked that someone thinks like this.

Mad? Honey no. And I'm not a pig either. My house is spotless. I'm getting married in Cancun, my kids are well educated and happy.

Just because he works more than you he is superior? You're superior than him only when you take care of the house?

Honestly I can't imagine thinking and living that one partner is superior than the other. Relationships are 50/50. No one is superior or inferior.

How old are you?

dazzled
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by dazzled »

Honestly, I don't give a fuck if anyone thinks it's still the 1950s and their boyfriend is superior to them. Some people are just crackers and can't be helped.

I do have an issue with a woman teaching their daughters that their boyfriends will be superior—or their sons that their girlfriends will be inferior. So... fuck you for actively contributing to sexism and raising kids with a horrible mindset. I hope they'll be able to form a different opinion thanks to education and social media. :love2:
mrsbarnaby
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mrsbarnaby »

Did she just say we are all jealous? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
pianogossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pianogossiper »

My boyfriend and I live together with no kids (much like OP I'm sure) and he works more hours than me and takes care of most of the bills because he makes more money. That doesn't mean he's superior to me. I'm at university and living off a student loan and bursary, so whatever money I have goes straight onto food and educational supplies. This setup obviously won't last forever and eventually we will both be making money and splitting things 50/50. I'd hate to think someone thought they were superior to me because they made a bit more money, because they could work and I couldn't. Isn't stepping in and helping people and coexisting what a relationship is all about?

Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Women

Unread post by Yue195 »

This is my take on it-

He's superior in a workforce/moneymaking sense, your superior in the homemaking/family(?) sense. That seems like an okay balance to me- maybe don't use the word superior to describe your relationship/partner in the future though.

I get where your coming from, he does work a lot to keep you both happy and comfortable, so you take care of the house and him. But I will add I do hope he chips in to help you with the house work. And with kids ( you did say this in a post so gold star for you) you do teach them that this is how your relationship works and you're happy in it and to follow what they are happy with.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Yue195 wrote:

This is my take on it-

He's superior in a workforce/moneymaking sense, your superior in the homemaking/family(?) sense. That seems like an okay balance to me- maybe don't use the word superior to describe your relationship/partner in the future though.

I get where your coming from, he does work a lot to keep you both happy and comfortable, so you take care of the house and him. But I will add I do hope he chips in to help you with the house work. And with kids ( you did say this in a post so gold star for you) you do teach them that this is how your relationship works and you're happy in it and to follow what they are happy with.
I'm just hating the terms she uses.
Serve.
Superior.
My duty.

Return to “Debates/Discussions”