JesssFam Part 85: Addie's Apnea

rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

JesssFam Part 85: Addie's Apnea

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

Addie stopped breathing and turned blue while Jess wasn't watching. Her ~maternal instincts~ kicked in and told Chris to check on her. Chris found her unresponsive, blue and cold and immediately started CPR.

As of right now, it is assumed that Addie suffocated due to unsafe sleeping conditions. She is thankfully okay, and is currently in observation at a hospital.

Continue here....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Addie Is Alive (No Thanks To Jess) Pt. 85

Unread post by CypKitty »

It's funny how Jess advocates breatfeeding and the bond even more after this incident instead of focusing on safe sleeping practices. SMH
pianogossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pianogossiper »

This whole situation is sad. It's sad that Jess clearly thinks she's not to blame, it's sad that Chris had to step in and save his only daughters life so soon after his dad's passing, it's sad that Kaden, a kid who is already oversensitive to medical situations had to witness his baby sister almost die, and it's sad that people are coming here to try and defend Jess when clearly she's at least somewhat responsible. All the doctors tests came back clear, at this point nothing could have caused this except unsafe sleeping

dazzled
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by dazzled »

CypKitty wrote:It's funny how Jess advocates breatfeeding and the bond even more after this incident instead of focusing on safe sleeping practices. SMH
Clearly if you breastfeed your baby, it'll be invincible, so you don't have to worry about anything ever!
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

dazzled wrote:
CypKitty wrote:It's funny how Jess advocates breatfeeding and the bond even more after this incident instead of focusing on safe sleeping practices. SMH
Clearly if you breastfeed your baby, it'll be invincible, so you don't have to worry about anything ever!
That must've been where I clearly went wrong then! LOL
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

My mom doesn't watch YM so I decided to told her about Jess and what happens with Addie. She asked me "did the baby sleep with blankets" and I say that according to a lot of pictures, yes", my mom reaction was " oh, she suffocated because of a blanket" I told her what Jess said (because since she is not watching, she could have been more "fair" if you see what I mean and let Jess the benefice of the doubt but my mother was like "I doubt it). I precise that Jess experience is something that my mom lived, my sister stopped breathing twice when she was 6 days old in the middle of the night (my mom said the woke up suddently sensing feeling was not normal) but my mom never put anything in the crib -besided her babies- it ended up my sister had ashma. I am saying that because I read someone something saying like that we lack of empathy, and that if we knew what she felt by experiencing that with our child we woulld feel bad for Jess and not criticizing her for her bad sleeping practices: well my mom lived that and for her Jess is very likely to lie because a lot of persons warn her about the danger of Addie sleeping practices and she didn't listen and now she doesn't want people saying it's er fault...

That being said, I do feel sorry for Jess and Chris in the way that seeing your child almost dead must be absolutly horrific to say the least, it's just hard to forget that, she did put her child in danger a lot of times. She said that babies are not that easyto break, which she knows after having so many kids, but even if that's true they are still REALLY fragile and don't have the same survival reflex than adults.

I just hope that Addies won't have brain damages because of what happened and I also worry about Kaden if he saw the scene :(
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

Out of all of this I am most worried about Kaden (besides Addie of course). I mentioned this before but he is so hypersensitive (whether that be Autism or whatever else) that this traumatized him. I just hope that Jess realizes that

Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

She's probably suffering from an effect many mothers have. The last baby always gets what it wants. "Oh, so you wanna sleep on your belly, huh? Weeell, I'll turn you around, but you get pissed off so many times, maybe leaving you on your belly just a little bit won't hurt you". The fact that her last child is a girl also gave her an excuse to by a crap ton of things just because they look girly and cute. She threw all saftey to the wind, because she wanted to go all out and quickly do all the things with Addy before she gets too old. That means putting bows on her head that where clearly unhealthy (look at the picture on insta 4 days ago, where it says "Kaden is obsessed with his little sister", that bow is digging into her head), putting her in a hundred different outfits, some of which were too big for her, but she needed to wear a skirt (remember the red one that was way too big?). She constantly shoved her boob in her mouth, but talked about her getting soooo chunky and big.

I think it all comes down to the fact that she completely exaggerated the fact that she had a girl and her last baby (at the moment she probably believes herself) and forgot what it means to take care of a baby and what is necessary to do to keep her safe. I so hope she stops with all the crap and starts to concentrate on her parenting more from now on.
Last edited by Captain Smooth on Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

She's probably suffering from an effect many mothers have. The last baby always gets what it wants. "Oh, so you wanna sleep on your belly, huh? Weeell, I'll turn you around, but you get pissed off so many times, maybe leaving you on your belly just a little bit won't hurt you". The fact that her last child is a girl also gave her an excuse to by a crap ton of things just because they look girly and cute. She threw all saftey to the wind, because she wanted to go all out and quickly do all the things with Addy before she gets too old. That means putting bows on her head that where clearly unhealthy (look at the picture on insta 4 days ago, where it says "Kaden is obsessed with his little sister", that bow is digging into her head), putting her in a hundred different outfits, some of which were to big for her, but she needed to wear a skirt (remember the red one that was way too big?). She constantly shoved her boob in her mouth, but talked about her getting soooo chunky and big.

I think it all comes down to the fact that she completely exaggerated the fact that she had a girl and her last baby (at the moment she probably believes herself) and forgot what it means to take care of a baby and what is necessary to do to keep her safe. I so hope she stops with all the crap and starts to concentrate on her parenting more from now on.
Aaliyah_uk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Aaliyah_uk »

Simply the best , breast is better than all the rest , you can put your baby to rest on their stomach with no need to fret.

Oh yeh Jess is the best , simply for using her breast , there's never any need to stress , you can relax because your milk is best lmao

Thought you'd like a bit of Tina this fine day lol
sushisuni
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sushisuni »

i'm not a mom so i could be wrong but is it a completely normal thing to leave your infant alone with no supervision? (like i don't think she even had a baby monitor)

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk
wasteoftime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wasteoftime »

No it's not that common, especially with other toddlers and young kids in the house. Most parents have a monitor of some kind and/or put the baby to sleep in a moses basket or pack and play in whatever room they're mostly in, or use a sling.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

sushisuni wrote:i'm not a mom so i could be wrong but is it a completely normal thing to leave your infant alone with no supervision? (like i don't think she even had a baby monitor)

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk
I don't have kids either but my friend has a little girl and if she and her partner has our group over for card games and a few drinks (minus her) she has the moniter right next to her. When her daughter was younger she had her daughter in the pram next to screen door so she was only 5 steps away and someone was always watching her regardless.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

I agree with some posters on the previous thread, I think it's wrong to say they're wasting resources. It's not like it's jess laying in the hospital complaining about bullshit. It's her child, so it sounds like some of you are implying her child is the one wasting the resources. Yes, we all know what happened, jess knows what happened, and I'm sure by now even the doctors have figured out what happened but the incident was still not actually witnessed and I'm sure they just want to rule out all possibilities and make sure there's no underlying conditions and I'm sure every parent in here would want the same.

She is never going to admit that she fucked up. Ever. In a million years. But I'm sure the guilt is eating her alive and if I was her I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror and I would probably be suicidal, not joking in the least. It's easy to lie to a bunch of strangers on the internet that you don't ever have to look in the eye, but she can't hide from her own mind and thoughts. I hope she grows from this though and gets it together.

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

I'm going to be a bitch here.

No, I have no sympathy or empathy for Jess and Chris. I do have sympathy and empathy for the children, because they are the ones who are really suffering.

I have two kids, and I NEVER let them sleep on their stomachs or around blankets. It was ingrained in me with my first child almost 11 years ago...NO BLANKETS. BACK TO SLEEP. Like I have said before, it caused my youngest to have a flat head and I had to get a helmet for him. But I didn't care.

It's like saying you feel bad for someone who causes a serious accident by texting or drinking while driving. Would you feel bad for them then? No. It was THEIR FAULT. Like this is HER FAULT, due to her ignorance, smugness, selfishness, whatever. It was completely avoidable.

If it comes out in the future that she stopped breathing from other causes, I will eat my words. But she has flaunted all over social media that her super baby can sleep 10 hours on her stomach, surrounded by blankets.

If it is just "easier" for her to let her sleep on her stomach, and she can't be bothered to correct it, then she should have kept her legs closed after the first kid.

So no, no empathy from me.

lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

I just wonder if Jess is a bit jaded. She could have thought, well I had 4 kids who slept in my bed on their stomachs and nothing bad happened so it is ok... Hopefully now she knows it is not. If she were to come out with a safe sleep video or a video informing others of SIDS I would have a lot more respect for her. Chances are though she is going to go back to business as usual

I would have sympathy for Jess if this was her first child and she was a teen who had never used the internet or read a book on motherhood. Someone who lived under a rock basically. But no, she has been a mother for 7 years now. She should know what she can and cannot do. She claims to read up on safety all the time....ERF, EBF all those crappy abbreviations...but just like everything else in her life she cherry picks what she wants to do and what she doesn't want to do. I just wish it wouldn't compromise her children's safety
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

As an aside, she won't give her kids formula, ERF, babywears, delays vaccines, buuuuuttttt puts them on the stomach with blankets to sleep?

What am I missing??

Mermaidz
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mermaidz »

I'm too lazy to dig through everything but when was it found out that Kaden was there?
Got2beGhost
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Got2beGhost »

lizpuff2006 wrote:If she were to come out with a safe sleep video or a video informing others of SIDS I would have a lot more respect for her. Chances are though she is going to go back to business as usual
I agree! Or even advocate that parents should keep up with CPR! She clearly had no idea, which is sad.
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

Mermaidz wrote:I'm too lazy to dig through everything but when was it found out that Kaden was there?
Someone asked if the kids were there and she responded that Lilia was with Gabe, kyson was in the other room, Landen didn't understand and Kaden watched it all happen. There's a screen shot in the last topic. It was discovered not long after she posted the update video.

Return to “JesssFam”