Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9)

pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by pllfan5 »

Title credit: RootBeerFloatie

Part 8: http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?f=232&t=10316

Continue...
#FreeFinleyandJackson
CallieT
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9

Unread post by CallieT »

Since they don't post on the weekends why do they always end the Friday vlog with 'see you tommorow?'. Nitpicky I know, but it's always bothered me.

I wonder if they'll start being real daily vloggers anytime soon.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

CallieT wrote:Since they don't post on the weekends why do they always end the Friday vlog with 'see you tommorow?'. Nitpicky I know, but it's always bothered me.

I wonder if they'll start being real daily vloggers anytime soon.
I hope not. I think the children deserve the weekends off if they are going to be living in the public eye all the time. Vlogging everyday doesn't necessarily give more content, it just seems like a money grab to me. Plus Bonnie makes extra vlogs if she feels like there is something noteworthy going on anyway, so I don't feel like we are missing anything by not seeing the weekends.

There are other vloggers that we see daily and I still never know what's going on!
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

i feel like it's a given she'll end up going daily.
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

actuallydear wrote:i feel like it's a given she'll end up going daily.
I doubt it. I mean she has no reason to. Her paycheck is the same doing 5 days a week as E+J's because she isn't partnered. Why "work" more when you're already making good money? Then again she said she would never do more than 3 days of videos, but being money hungry changed that real quick.
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

I hope not, but I do think she will end up doing it eventually as a money grab.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And in the gibberish vlog description from when she came home from Hawaii, didn't Joel say something about a daily vlog?
Just went and checked, and yes, he did. Hmmmmm.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Enchantedbybeautyy wrote:
I doubt it. I mean she has no reason to. Her paycheck is the same doing 5 days a week as E+J's because she isn't partnered. Why "work" more when you're already making good money? Then again she said she would never do more than 3 days of videos, but being money hungry changed that real quick.
You just answered yourself. No shame in striking while the iron is hot. Unless they develop successful businesses outside of YouTube, this is the most they are likely to ever earn. YouTube is not forever, they know this. Vlogging a day or 2 more a week could increase their revenue by thousands. It's a smart move seeing as the audience is already there.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

actuallydear wrote:
You just answered yourself. No shame in striking while the iron is hot. Unless they develop successful businesses outside of YouTube, this is the most they are likely to ever earn. YouTube is not forever, they know this. Vlogging a day or 2 more a week could increase their revenue by thousands. It's a smart move seeing as the audience is already there.
It is a smart move, but I still hope they don't.

Makes me wonder though. What is the value of a network really? Why aren't more YTers cutting back on vlogs and giving up their network? Filming less days would probably help the poor overworked vloggers like DB and E&J's energy levels!

Do they get more sponsorships if they are full-time, or with a network?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

actuallydear wrote:
I believe they are already challenged on what to vlog five days a week with their mundane life (not that this is bad) and adding two days more would stress them more. Perhaps Joel looking at a diy on the weekend might work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
actuallydear wrote:
Enchantedbybeautyy wrote: I doubt it. I mean she has no reason to. Her paycheck is the same doing 5 days a week as E+J's because she isn't partnered. Why "work" more when you're already making good money? Then again she said she would never do more than 3 days of videos, but being money hungry changed that real quick.

Makes me wonder though. What is the value of a network really? Why aren't more YTers cutting back on vlogs and giving up their network? Filming less days would probably help the poor overworked vloggers like DB and E&J's energy levels!

I think networks open doors, but it seems that Bonnie gets plenty of sponsors without being with a network. Just guessing here, but it seems that if you hustle, you can get sponsors without the network. And a network takes 30-40% of your earnings, so there's that.
I honestly don't know. I am totally guessing. Sam from Samika said that they get lots of offers to do sponsored vlogs. And they don't even have as many subscribers as Bonnie.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
actuallydear wrote: You just answered yourself. No shame in striking while the iron is hot. Unless they develop successful businesses outside of YouTube, this is the most they are likely to ever earn. YouTube is not forever, they know this. Vlogging a day or 2 more a week could increase their revenue by thousands. It's a smart move seeing as the audience is already there.

I think networks open doors, but it seems that Bonnie gets plenty of sponsors without being with a network. Just guessing here, but it seems that if you hustle, you can get sponsors without the network. And a network takes 30-40% of your earnings, so there's that.
I honestly don't know. I am totally guessing. Sam from Samika said that they get lots of offers to do sponsored vlogs. And they don't even have as many subscribers as Bonnie.

I never realized before that they don't have a network. It surprises me he was able to resist the whole time he was wirkinh with Shay and Trixin...
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

I think having a network just promises to grow your channel fast, but being Ellie's sister, Bonnie didn't need that. Networks don't always work though, look at C&K for example. I think with the changes that YouTube has implemented that has left a lot of youtubers struggling, a network probably doesn't do much anymore.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Forgive me in advance for asking this, but have I missed something. Stopped watching Bonnies vlogs for a while but Im back at it now. Does anyone now if Lincoln has a hearing problem. Never heard him say a word and Bonnie communicated with Lincoln using signs in a vlog (?!)
I now he could be late with words like boys sometimes are...
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Namm wrote:Forgive me in advance for asking this, but have I missed something. Stopped watching Bonnies vlogs for a while but Im back at it now. Does anyone now if Lincoln has a hearing problem. Never heard him say a word and Bonnie communicated with Lincoln using signs in a vlog (?!)
I now he could be late with words like boys sometimes are...
Baby sign language is just to help him communicate so he doesn't get frustrated. My guess is that she's been doing it for awhile and we just never saw it before. He does have a few words, so he can speak. With 3 siblings willing to speak for him though, it doesn't surprise me that he is slower to talk. He's more of a shouter than a talker, but they have never said anything about his hearing, and it seems to be fine.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Having a network doesn't just grow your channel, it's for security as well. I'm sure it's great to not have to share your earnings, but what if someone hacks her channel? Or like what they did to Katie's channel and falsely copyright videos? If you don't have a network it will be very hard to get everything back because YouTube is notoriously crap at helping youtubers in this area.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

pllfan5 wrote:Title credit: RootBeerFloatie

Continue...
I love the new title which applies to life in general:)
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

pllfan5 wrote:Title credit: RootBeerFloatie

Continue...
I love the new title which applies to life in general:)
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

On the topic of networks and earnings, is there any sort of law regarding whether or not kids of vloggers are entitled to any income from the vlogs? I mean I'm pretty sure most people watch because of the cute kids. I guess this question really should be on Ruby's thread since she really exploits her kids and doesn't seem to buy anything extra for them.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

alexandriablue wrote:On the topic of networks and earnings, is there any sort of law regarding whether or not kids of vloggers are entitled to any income from the vlogs? I mean I'm pretty sure most people watch because of the cute kids. I guess this question really should be on Ruby's thread since she really exploits her kids and doesn't seem to buy anything extra for them.
I doubt there is any laws protecting children on YouTube and this includes earnings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”