John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Hilly wrote:I really hope the pregnancy goes well and they have a healthy baby i have been following them since they entered the giveaway

But something I noticed and it pissed me a little
She offers no support or even words of encoruagment to women who went through what she went through

I scroll in the comments (instagram) sometimes and few times i see women saying they went through this and how happy they are for joan she will just reply with something about her no sorry that you went through this no nothing

Even in a recent post regarding ellie and jared a woman replied she had a still birth but cant afford IVF and when is joans next bump update ... joan replied with when she will post the videos and not a word for that womans loss i feel she is so selfish with all the support she gets she wont bother saying something nice to someone who is suffering like her too
Because she’s had it worseImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

How awful!

I know exactly what you mean. It's pretty much what I said. And the difference in the way my friend has handled what happened to her and her son compared to Joan is also telling. My friend donated her son's organs, and takes some solace in that, but has also spent a lot of her time since her son died trying to help others. She has bad days, of course. She's not a saint! But she doesn't use her tragedy to get special treatment. The opposite. She finds meaning in trying to help others deal with their grief. And she would never in a million years tell another grieving parent that they have it better than she does, for any reason.
RootBeerFloatie wrote:Warning that this is a personal post, and probably a very unpopular opinion that is likely fueled by my own anger and grief but idgaf at all. My best friend's brother (28 yrs old) was murdered a few weeks ago on their mom's birthday. He was giving a coworker a ride home to a bad neighborhood and someone who had a beef with the other dude shot and killed both of them. He was senselessly killed while doing someone a favor and truly has nothing to do with whatever was going on between the garbage in his passenger's seat and the trash who killed him. Joan's comments dismissing the loss of other people's children in favor ofvher own makes my blood boil and my hands start to shake. Their mother also had a stillborn daughter, though that was 30 odd years ago at this point. I dare Joan to ask her which one hurt more, because I guarantee her stillbirth doesn't even come close. I get that maybe it's not a fair comparison, but Joan loves the pain Olympics and she's going to lose in the face of any mother who lost a child they actually got to know. She's a needy attention hog and nothing gets her more attention than Maeve. She's going to keep milking it until people finally grow a pair and tell her to get a grip.
How awful!

I know exactly what you mean. It's pretty much what I said. And the difference in the way my friend has handled what happened to her and her son compared to Joan is also telling. My friend donated her son's organs, and takes some solace in that, but has also spent a lot of her time since her son died trying to help others. She has bad days, of course. She's not a saint! But she doesn't use her tragedy to get special treatment. The opposite. She finds meaning in trying to help others deal with their grief. And she would never in a million years tell another grieving parent that they have it better than she does, for any reason.
So sorry for your loss, and that of your friend's family.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Tapatalk messed up my post! Sorry for the weird quote.

kait98
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by kait98 »

Has anyone watch the LeRoy's... The lost their son at a few months old about 11 years ago to a Heart Defect. They seem to do a very, very good job at keeping his memory alive yet continuing to live a "normal" life. Granted they had their daughter before and 3 kids after, but hopefully Joan will be able to get to the point that Shanna is at sooner rather than later for the sake of this baby.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

I find it so strange that her co workers and friends dont know shes pregnant and she's announcing on her facebook page soon? Dont they know she vlogs? Dont they know they were given E&J's Grant last year? Im confused.. Are they just naive to youtube where she works/lives? It cant be.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

amyfalafal wrote:I find it so strange that her co workers and friends dont know shes pregnant and she's announcing on her facebook page soon? Dont they know she vlogs? Dont they know they were given E&J's Grant last year? Im confused.. Are they just naive to youtube where she works/lives? It cant be.
I think she means all the customers that come in. She makes it sound like they are all so heavily invested in her life Image
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by TheOneWhoBlogs »

HelloSweetie wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:I find it so strange that her co workers and friends dont know shes pregnant and she's announcing on her facebook page soon? Dont they know she vlogs? Dont they know they were given E&J's Grant last year? Im confused.. Are they just naive to youtube where she works/lives? It cant be.
I think she means all the customers that come in. She makes it sound like they are all so heavily invested in her life Image
She honestly makes it sound like everyone just bows to queen Joan and that when this baby is born (Or,In her words "If this baby is born alive" ) The news channels damn well better be there and EVERYONE in maine better line up down the front stoop of the hospital to throw flowers as she leaves with her baby in hand 'because last time,She wasnt that lucky.'

Groooan.This woman gives me a headache.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
SassySassenach
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by SassySassenach »

Fell down a rabbit hole & found myself here... what exactly are they opening a PO Box for? Grifting? I’m not well versed in this whole YouTube world, does every YouTube family have a PO box for donations/gifts?? Do any of them actually just post for fun?
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 51795e.jpg[/img]

TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

SassySassenach wrote:Fell down a rabbit hole & found myself here... what exactly are they opening a PO Box for? Grifting? I’m not well versed in this whole YouTube world, does every YouTube family have a PO box for donations/gifts?? Do any of them actually just post for fun?
[/img]

I feel like none of them have a Po box for fun,honestly,just free shit.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

YouTubers claim they open P.O. boxes so people can send them handwritten letters, which is just ridiculous. As if that many people even write handwritten letters anymore (even if they did, they could just send them a scan of it). They're going to get a TON of clothes, gift cards, and other gifts because people feel bad for them.

Kind of OT, but I want less and less stuff as I get older. I felt overwhelmed getting a bunch of presents from my students the other day because, unfortunately, most of it is just going to end up in the garbage if it's not a gift card or I can't give it to someone else. I'm sure John and Joan will appreciate getting baby clothes and other useful things, but they will also get bath and body sets and probably lots of useless garbage. That level of consumerism makes me feel dirty.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

fossilfinger wrote:YouTubers claim they open P.O. boxes so people can send them handwritten letters, which is just ridiculous. As if that many people even write handwritten letters anymore (even if they did, they could just send them a scan of it). They're going to get a TON of clothes, gift cards, and other gifts because people feel bad for them.

Kind of OT, but I want less and less stuff as I get older. I felt overwhelmed getting a bunch of presents from my students the other day because, unfortunately, most of it is just going to end up in the garbage if it's not a gift card or I can't give it to someone else. I'm sure John and Joan will appreciate getting baby clothes and other useful things, but they will also get bath and body sets and probably lots of useless garbage. That level of consumerism makes me feel dirty.
And for instance, Family Fun Pack, who has 6 _million_ subscribers and make more money in a few days than some of their foreign fans make in a year, have their kids' sizes in their "about us". "People have been asking about the kids' sizes". And instead of saying "Please don't send clothing or toys. We have more than enough. Donate to a family in need" or saying that anything but letters will be donated, they gleefully open the boxes on the vlog. With the kids screaming over everything. The Gardner Quad Squad is just as bad. They actually say things like "Oh I wish we had booster seats" or something like that, and voilà-- it appears in their PO box. This is just gross. "We made it to 12 weeks! Send us stuff!" Don't get me wrong-- I am glad that she made it to 12 weeks. But that is the weirdest way to "celebrate" that I have seen.

TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

I'm not even gonna lie,The post that they posted on facebook (Her latest insta post) Made me smile.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
here4thepopcorn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by here4thepopcorn »

TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:I'm not even gonna lie,The post that they posted on facebook (Her latest insta post) Made me smile.
Same. Until I realized that was a ton of exposed needles lying around and the RN in me started to freak. Those items weren't adhered, were they? I am hoping that all got discarded after the photo op...
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

here4thepopcorn wrote:
TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:I'm not even gonna lie,The post that they posted on facebook (Her latest insta post) Made me smile.
Same. Until I realized that was a ton of exposed needles lying around and the RN in me started to freak. Those items weren't adhered, were they? I am hoping that all got discarded after the photo op...

The picture was weird to me,But the actual wordy bit was cute.The picture gave me so many wuestions.

Why are they on the ground??
Why are they lying out biohazards outdoors???
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
hwarner
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hwarner »

Can someone share the post?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

hwarner wrote:Can someone share the post?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

here4thepopcorn wrote:
They saved ALL the needles?

Yeah, getting nursey shudders right now...

TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
here4thepopcorn wrote:
They saved ALL the needles?

Yeah, getting nursey shudders right now...

It isn't that weird. Alot of ivf parents do. Just look on Pinterest at ivf pregnancy announcements.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by kittypurry »

They’ll probably save the needles to do a similar pic once the baby is born. Nothing’s cuter than a newborn surrounded by needles! /sarcasm font

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

kittypurry wrote:They’ll probably save the needles to do a similar pic once the baby is born. Nothing’s cuter than a newborn surrounded by needles! /sarcasm font

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage

Hey,I didnt say it was NORMAL,Now! :D Just not too weird.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18

Return to “Ellie and Jared”