Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

Unread post by ja14 »

I've never heard of a mom who didn't want to pick out clothes & dress their baby. I don't watch every blog, but just from the few signs, I really think she's depressed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

ja14 wrote:I've never heard of a mom who didn't want to pick out clothes & dress their baby. I don't watch every blog, but just from the few signs, I really think she's depressed.
I think it would help if she had some friends. It's so weird they chose to move back to Portland where they have no friends or family. It seems like Corbin is the only person she even knows there. She seems happier when her family visits. I'd be depressed if I had to be around a moron like Corbin all the time.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

lmmomSD wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:I think having viewers vote for the outfit just brings in more views/comments and helps their channel. That's why they're doing it.
Ding, ding,ding! We have a winner! I think you hit the nail on the head. It's not just viewers and subscribers, but viewer's engagement too that advertisers and YouTube look at. So getting people to comment is a good thing for the channel. Why do you think Bratayley has always had a question of the day? Shrewd.
Yep. J House vlogs always have a 'Poll Question' with an I Card to click on to encourage viewer engagement because, as Immom said, that's recently become one of the key analytics advertisers/sponsors look at.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

ja14 wrote:I've never heard of a mom who didn't want to pick out clothes & dress their baby. I don't watch every blog, but just from the few signs, I really think she's depressed.

I was wondering if it was all an act, in an attempt to make Corbin feel more needed. She seemed to become completely clueless & 100% dependent following his meltdown & admission that he felt he was suffering from Fathers PPD...

I feel bad for her tbh.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So they rented another car to get to the MAX train?? Why not just DRIVE to the zoo?? If they had to drive all the way downtown to get MAX, then it would only be a 10 minute or less drive to the zoo - THEY ARE SO WEIRD!!!

I wish Corbin would educate himself a bit more about Portland. The zoo is NOT "on a mountain" like he repeated 10 times! I'll have to inform my mom - who lives walking distance to the zoo - that she lives on a mountain!! :lol: :lol: :lol: It's in an area called the West Hills and/or Forest Park, but I've never heard anyone call it a mountain!
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

Well she really seems to have no fashion sense, have you seen how she dresses herself!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

ewokfan11 wrote:So they rented another car to get to the MAX train?? Why not just DRIVE to the zoo?? If they had to drive all the way downtown to get MAX, then it would only be a 10 minute or less drive to the zoo - THEY ARE SO WEIRD!!!
I guess they were running late and they don't want to take two buses to the MAX station. Also, since they rent the car by the minutes or hours, they have to ditch the car in a public parking space so that they don't have to pay for the time while they are inside the zoo.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

melonyogloo wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:So they rented another car to get to the MAX train?? Why not just DRIVE to the zoo?? If they had to drive all the way downtown to get MAX, then it would only be a 10 minute or less drive to the zoo - THEY ARE SO WEIRD!!!
I guess they were running late and they don't want to take two buses to the MAX station. Also, since they rent the car by the minutes or hours, they have to ditch the car in a public parking space so that they don't have to pay for the time while they are inside the zoo.
It's just one bus from their apartment to downtown and the MAX lines. Corbin also said they didn't have a schedule for the day, except the appointment in the late afternoon. If they used the Trimet app - like everyone else in Portland - he wouldn't have needed to waste $$$ on the car. And they drove to park the car in an area with very little public parking. I'd bet THAT would make them late!
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

aral12 wrote:A few people to reply to so I thought a fresh post would be best. It's hilarious to hate watch. I honestly have 0 sympathy, she went in with ridiculous expectations and at the same time she still gives off vibes that she thinks she's better than medical intervention? Even though she had pitosin and an epi. Also I think possibly I didn't watch properly- but did she skip gas and go straight to an epi? If so that's a very strange choice for someone wanting to be so natural. I can't recall from the birth vlog but I'm pretty sure in this video she said her pain relief was the bath/ hot water and that wasn't helping anymore so Corbin suggested she get an epidural.

It annoys me so much that she says it was such a long labour even though she admits she didn't even know it was labour and the contractions were so irregular to start with it was like she was barely in labour for the first 20 or so hours she's claiming.

Ugh I hate it when moms say they've 'failed' for needing pain relief. It's just a nicer way of saying they think women who plan to have pain relief during birth are failures or lesser in some way for not doing it naturally. The pain is just your body's way of alerting you that your labour is progressing and if you already know what's happening and it's being monitored by doctors or midwives then it's not really serving any purpose to you.

Also there is NO WAY their birthing centre would just stand by and let Kelsey labour naturally for 50 hours. There are so many complications that could potentially arise from that for mom and baby. She's talking crap.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

luci417 wrote:
aral12 wrote:A few people to reply to so I thought a fresh post would be best. It's hilarious to hate watch. I honestly have 0 sympathy, she went in with ridiculous expectations and at the same time she still gives off vibes that she thinks she's better than medical intervention? Even though she had pitosin and an epi. Also I think possibly I didn't watch properly- but did she skip gas and go straight to an epi? If so that's a very strange choice for someone wanting to be so natural. I can't recall from the birth vlog but I'm pretty sure in this video she said her pain relief was the bath/ hot water and that wasn't helping anymore so Corbin suggested she get an epidural.

It annoys me so much that she says it was such a long labour even though she admits she didn't even know it was labour and the contractions were so irregular to start with it was like she was barely in labour for the first 20 or so hours she's claiming.

Ugh I hate it when moms say they've 'failed' for needing pain relief. It's just a nicer way of saying they think women who plan to have pain relief during birth are failures or lesser in some way for not doing it naturally. The pain is just your body's way of alerting you that your labour is progressing and if you already know what's happening and it's being monitored by doctors or midwives then it's not really serving any purpose to you.

Also there is NO WAY their birthing centre would just stand by and let Kelsey labour naturally for 50 hours. There are so many complications that could potentially arise from that for mom and baby. She's talking crap.
I think they made the 50 hour calculation by counting from when she felt her first real contraction, so she didn't really have a 50 hour labour, because during that time there was a phase where she was only contracting like every 30 mins or so, and she also slept most of the first night without meds - so she was only in early labour for a good chunk of that 50 hours

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

luci417 wrote:

Thank you. I, and a bunch of my friends, were only able to progress after getting epidurals. We joke that it's because we're all control freaks, lol. But it's probably party true-- we weren't able to relax enough to go with the contractions and let our bodies do the work until we got some pain relief. I went from 3-10 in 2 hours after getting my epidural.
I am glad that Kelsey is OK with her birth not going "according to plan". It seems to be about the only thing these two have handled with any grace. I'm surprised, because she seemed so adamant about it before going into labor. So good for her.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Just to be clear.. I don't watch their vlogs ever really, and I'm a little confused about the car thing. Are they just renting a car whenever they need one? Or using Uber or Reach or whatever? I'm a little out of the loop. No one has mentioned it so I'm assuming it's not what they're doing, but just from reading on here it *sounds* like they would benefit from a car sharing service, because that would be a much more logical use of money for them (and would fit the sustainable lifestyle they pretend to have). And I'm sure Portland has one. The car sharing company near me has a fleet of ten or so cars/trucks/vans that you can reserve for whatever chunk of time, and you can pay by the hour + 10 cents a mile. It's really reasonable if you only need it occasionally, and they're probably not driving too far to get anywhere in Portland. Correct me if this is already what they're doing, and if that's the case I don't judge them as much.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

To the above poster, that is what they are doing. Corbin doesn't like it because he has to walk so far to get the car.

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

ja14 wrote:To the above poster, that is what they are doing. Corbin doesn't like it because he has to walk so far to get the car.

Corbin doesn't like anything that requires doing anything. Hahaha. I personally think car sharing services are smart and efficient, but based on what everyone else is saying, it sounds like they're spending the money on it that they would if they had their own car anyway. Oh well.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

littlebaby wrote:
ja14 wrote:To the above poster, that is what they are doing. Corbin doesn't like it because he has to walk so far to get the car.

Corbin doesn't like anything that requires doing anything. Hahaha. I personally think car sharing services are smart and efficient, but based on what everyone else is saying, it sounds like they're spending the money on it that they would if they had their own car anyway. Oh well.

They're using it pretty much every day. General consensus was that they were sponsored by one of the companies, but even so, going on about "being sustainable" and "not needing a car" when you use one every day, is just silly. I couldn't care less whether they have a car or not, but Corbin's pompous attitude about it is just obnoxious.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So, Corbin posted an IG story about making Easter brunch, and said that we need to check out the vlog to see June's reaction to the Easter Bunny. "Her face!"
Here's what her face looked like:Image
She was asleep.

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Their vlog today was the definition of trying too hard. They are struggling to come up with content. They even admitting they were only celebrating Easter yesterday so they could put something up for today's vlog. Everything they did was age-inappropriate for June. Of course she's not going to pay attention at a puppet show that was probably aimed at 2-3 year-olds. And she's not going to care about a kite. It would have looked more genuine if they had just picnicked in a park, or done an activity that Kelsey and Corbin would actually enjoy and just taken Juniper along.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I had to LOL when Corbin said they wanted to spend Easter Sunday relaxing "with family." With family? Like relaxing with Kelsey and June like you do EVERY SINGLE DAY, Corbin?? They always take at least one day a week off because Mondays are those pre-taped "updates" - which aren't really updates if you watch the vlogs.

And they rented yet another car to get over to Jamison Square to meet the Easter bunny?? I get the feeling they never used public transit in Portland when they did have a car and just don't understand how to really use it. The bus that stops outside their apartment goes almost all the way to Jamison Square - and it's only a 20 minute bus ride.

I do agree it was a bit silly for them to do all these Easter activities with a baby. The activities/outings seem a bit forced now.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

lmmomSD wrote:So, Corbin posted an IG story about making Easter brunch, and said that we need to check out the vlog to see June's reaction to the Easter Bunny. "Her face!"
Here's what her face looked like:Image
She was asleep.

Why do they seem to think babies come out like a year old already? Did they think June would be a nine month old when she came out? That would certainly explain how they don't support her head, take her to things she can't appreciate, act like she can react to, let alone properly SEE, things like the Easter bunny.
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

They can't even come up with anything else and the whole "mama monday" video is a "paid promotion". No wonder they had to promote today's video yesterday. They even have to come up with a title to trick you into clicking it. What a new low.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”