TaylerTragedy- OhioIsForHIPPAcrites

Panda714
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: TaylerTragedy- OhioIsForHIPPAcrites

Unread post by Panda714 »

Maybe I'm just a cynic but this feels like a bit much to me. Once your child has to be CONVINCED about Santa/Easter Bunny then you should stop lying to them.

We aren't doing the lies with my daughter. We're gonna tell her the origins of the traditions but I personally think it can still be fun knowing it's all pretend. I remember how destroyed my perception of my parents/the world was when I realized it was one nationwide long con.

I personally also think if someone else's kid tells your kid THE TRUTH about something that YOU have been lying about, that's your own damn fault for lying in the first place. There's an assumed risk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lalalalaneybug
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lalalalaneybug »

Lolitalene wrote:
funkycat123 wrote:
BornThisWay94 wrote:
Also I still don't believe Jakoby is Chuckie's. Kid looks NOTHING like his siblings or his father, plus Tayler was slutting around at the time of conception (and continued to do so while very pregnant). According to Tayler, Jakoby shouldn't even exist because she had a restraining order on Chuckie at the time he was conceived and they weren't supposed to be around each other
If he wasn't Chuckies, wouldn't she have aborted him? Like the other baby?
I personally think she would have, I truthfully have questions about her losing Ethan's baby so soon after she and chuckie got together.
And I think J and A look a look alike, nose down it's the same features, his eyes just seem to come from Taylor's side. I havent really understood all the questions, some siblings just dont look alike nor do they look like their parents twins, genetics can come out weirdly

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Agreed! My sister and I look NOTHING alike. She looks like my dad's mom (dark hair, dark eyes), and I look like my maternal grandmother(light hair, light eyes). Neither of us really look anything like our parents lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

Panda714 wrote:Maybe I'm just a cynic but this feels like a bit much to me. Once your child has to be CONVINCED about Santa/Easter Bunny then you should stop lying to them.

We aren't doing the lies with my daughter. We're gonna tell her the origins of the traditions but I personally think it can still be fun knowing it's all pretend. I remember how destroyed my perception of my parents/the world was when I realized it was one nationwide long con.

I personally also think if someone else's kid tells your kid THE TRUTH about something that YOU have been lying about, that's your own damn fault for lying in the first place. There's an assumed risk
I agree 100%. Someone commented and said not to force it and just let her help and play along with her siblings. It's such a silly thing to lie about. I don't remember hearing stories about the easter bunny or ever thinking it was actually real.

Did you see where someone told her to say the other kids aren't special and that's why the easter bunny doesn't visit them? Yea. Real nice. Fucking A+ parenting right there. That's a great way to raise your child to be a cruel little asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Panda714
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Not to mention the farce is complete shit when one kid gets an XBox for Christmas and another gets "lesser" gifts
fortwendy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by fortwendy »

Lolitalene wrote: I havent really understood all the questions, some siblings just dont look alike nor do they look like their parents twins, genetics can come out weirdly
The questions aren't really coming from his looks. He could be blond and I'd still wonder because even his own 'father' wonders; and cuz Tayler's a ho and everybody knows it. The fact that the one who is different is the one who might not be Chuckie's is kismet, and damn funny -- no one really thinks it's evidence. I just hope one day they sort it out. Someone in that family must want to know for sure. Jakoby deserves finding this out now rather than when he's 14 or 20 or 40.
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

Panda714 wrote:Not to mention the farce is complete shit when one kid gets an XBox for Christmas and another gets "lesser" gifts
Like a bunch of cheap dolls or the kids not getting phones when they're of age?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Panda714 wrote:Maybe I'm just a cynic but this feels like a bit much to me. Once your child has to be CONVINCED about Santa/Easter Bunny then you should stop lying to them.

I'm torn about that. She can't complain about what other kids say in school. I'm sure _her_ kids probably say things other parents would rather their kids not hear. But middle school? That's a little ridiculous.
Personal: my ex remarried to a woman who was really religious and didn't tell her kids about Santa or the Easter Bunny. So we had to tell our kids the truth sooner than we expected. My daughter was glad, because she said that the idea of someone coming into our house in the middle of the night, even to leave presents, freaked her out. But my son was really, really upset. "You LIED to me!" The idea that we'd lied to him for years made him very upset and angry. We didn't expect that reaction at all. I felt so bad. He understands now, but it took a while to get his trust back!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

Panda714 wrote:Not to mention the farce is complete shit when one kid gets an XBox for Christmas and another gets "lesser" gifts

THIS.
We always give our kids gifts like clothes and small toys from "Santa" and if we get them anything big it's from us.

When my daughter came home from kindergarten and said that a friend in her class got an iPad from santa and that must mean that santa doesn't like her as much because she didn't get anything big... I broke the news to her. She really didn't care.

BornThisWay94
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by BornThisWay94 »

Eh, personally I didn't mind being 'lied to' as a kid about Santa and all that jazz, it made Christmas more magical and fun believing in him. I remember every year on Christmas Eve, my grandmother and I would bake treats and then we'd bake special cookies for 'Santa" and it was always something I looked forward to. I loved writing little notes to Santa and waking up on Christmas seeing if he'd eaten them.

The Easter Bunny...meh, I never believed, really. I had a hard time believing a rabbit came into the house and left treats.
"I'm not on welfare, the government just pays for everything I have!" -Tayler Dawn

AllyKattxox
Talker
Talker

Unread post by AllyKattxox »

I agree 100%. I also liked the way that my aunt dealt with the whole traditional characters (Santa, easter bunny w/e), she never forced the idea and when my cousin asked if they were real or not she told her "no, but alot of kids do believe and you can choose to believe too if you want". And she chose to keep believing. Pretty nice way of having the magic if they want it without the lies ;)

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Panda714
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Like we plan to go through the traditions and the ritual of it but we aren't going to tell her it's real. Just where it started and why we do it. Things can be just as fun knowing it's not real. We see movies and enjoy them right?
Sparklingdee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Sparklingdee »

I think its a bit cruel telling kids Santa etc doesn't exist... yes its "lying" but its for a good reason!! I believed in Santa and the tooth fairy etc and it made everything so much more magical! When I found out they WERENT real I didn't feel duped. I was happy my Mum and Dad had gone along with it to make me happy and to make everything seem magical and exciting. I don't think its the place of a teacher to say whether or not Santa or the Easter Bunny is or isn't real. They should've just said "ask your Mum/Dad!"
Panda714
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

It wasn't the teacher, it was other kids.

Plus this is the age of Google and smart phones. Kids can and will fact check your ass lol
BornThisWay94
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by BornThisWay94 »

Sparklingdee wrote:I think its a bit cruel telling kids Santa etc doesn't exist... yes its "lying" but its for a good reason!! I believed in Santa and the tooth fairy etc and it made everything so much more magical! When I found out they WERENT real I didn't feel duped. I was happy my Mum and Dad had gone along with it to make me happy and to make everything seem magical and exciting. I don't think its the place of a teacher to say whether or not Santa or the Easter Bunny is or isn't real. They should've just said "ask your Mum/Dad!"

That's how I feel/felt. I remember being a bit disappointed, but it didn't ruin the holiday or anything.
"I'm not on welfare, the government just pays for everything I have!" -Tayler Dawn

Sparklingdee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Sparklingdee »

Panda714 wrote:It wasn't the teacher, it was other kids.

Plus this is the age of Google and smart phones. Kids can and will fact check your ass lol
Ohh ok my bad :D I suppose you can't stop other kids then!! Just maintain their innocence as long as possible lmao. I suppose if you have older kids theres always a risk they'll tell younger ones ____ isn't real. Mind you my niece is 4 years older than my nephew and when she "realised" Santa wasn't real she was happy to join the "adult" club and she kept up the pretence for the sake of my nephew and never let on!
Panda714
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I just think it's insane to be mad at children for telling your kid that you're lying to them when you ARE IN FACT LYING TO THEM. If it was a parent or a much older child sure be upset but c'mon dude
Lolitalene
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lolitalene »

fortwendy wrote:
Lolitalene wrote: I havent really understood all the questions, some siblings just dont look alike nor do they look like their parents twins, genetics can come out weirdly
The questions aren't really coming from his looks. He could be blond and I'd still wonder because even his own 'father' wonders; and cuz Tayler's a ho and everybody knows it. The fact that the one who is different is the one who might not be Chuckie's is kismet, and damn funny -- no one really thinks it's evidence. I just hope one day they sort it out. Someone in that family must want to know for sure. Jakoby deserves finding this out now rather than when he's 14 or 20 or 40.
Oh I do agree if there is any doubt she needs to find out, or even chuckie needs to. It is 10000% not fair from them not to if they have doubts.
My mil didnt tell my husband that the man he thought was he dad for 24yrs wasnt.. only came out when that man passed and it really messed with him for years.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
soma31
Informer
Informer

Unread post by soma31 »

I'm NEVER one to defend Tayler's choices, but personally I'm glad that my parents always encouraged me to believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny. It made the holidays so much more magical as a kid. I eventually figured out that they weren't real when I was about 9 - I told my parents and they were cool about it, they just asked me to pretend for a little bit longer for my little sister's sake (which I happily did). I agree about not giving expensive gifts "from Santa/Easter Bunny" though

rosethorn12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rosethorn12 »

F

twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

At the same time, it's not other parents faults that Tayler can't afford decent gifts, she's the one who keeps on procreating knowing she doesn't want a job or anything

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Return to “Tayler Tragedy”