DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

Unread post by actuallydear »

HelloSweetie wrote:Look, I've defended B&M staying in those fancy hotels because I have a love for the 4/5 star resorts myself, BUT we also save a shitton of money for retirement so we can continue to live the same lifestyle after. B&M aren't going to even find a 6 figure career after YT, let alone a 7 figure one! They will need this money to sustain them (and the Hollisters) for years. Do the math... spending like they do (and their wastefulness) is insane and naive if they aren't also saving a lot of that money. Will they even have money saved up to send Ollie and Finn to college in 15 years?
As if they're going to be allowed to go to college.
sasicil76
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by sasicil76 »

they wanna appear so high class but stick out like sore thumbs.. their clothes are frumpy, their kids always look mangled or in some sort of ripped shorts or jeans, missy just is not aging well at all i think she still thinks shes a teenager but natalia is older than her and looks flawless, missy should really see a dermatologist, her mom has horriible scarring from acne and it ages her too for being what 48 or something? why doesnt she look at her mom and know she can prevent it? put their money to use! most celebrities have flawless skin because of the expensive resources that are available to them. i dont think they make as much as everyone thinks but i think that they definietly write up half of the things they buy as a business expensive to appear to the viewers
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

lmmomSD wrote:
tintin15 wrote:Honestly, I don't think they have as much money as they're spending. Obviously they're well-off, but the amount they're doing...I don't know. I think they're going to end up in a lot of debt. A LOT of debt.
It's been brought up before, but they are happily following in Heidi and Spenser Pratts' footsteps. Those two were worth $10 million at one point and now they are broke.
"Oh, but that won't happen to us! YouTube is just going to get bigger and bigger!"

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Wow, I totally forgot about Speidi! Haven't thought of them in years, but now that you mention it, it's the perfect analogy! They became "famous" in the blink of eye, thought it would last forever, and blew through their money. They made no long term plans and now have nothing to show for their so called celeb lifestyle. I can totally see the similarities in B&M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Look, I've defended B&M staying in those fancy hotels because I have a love for the 4/5 star resorts myself, BUT we also save a shitton of money for retirement so we can continue to live the same lifestyle after. B&M aren't going to even find a 6 figure career after YT, let alone a 7 figure one! They will need this money to sustain them (and the Hollisters) for years. Do the math... spending like they do (and their wastefulness) is insane and naive if they aren't also saving a lot of that money. Will they even have money saved up to send Ollie and Finn to college in 15 years?
They probably think that there's no need to send them to college. Heck, they made it on YouTube, without degrees, why shouldn't it be the same for Ollie and Finn? Image
They seem to live in the moment; here and now without thinking of the future.
Thinking about it, I realized that all the money they're spending for this one trip could probably pay for 2 years of my college tuition. It's mind boggling when you think about that.

walrusboy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by walrusboy »

I hope at least that Ollie and Finn have trust funds.

I would think they do, thats both a status symbol and it would be totally stupid of them not to.

Even families without a lot of money have like, $2000 in the bank for the kid's bar mitzvah money or as a high school graduation present to go towards that first car or a bit of travel before college/work, first apartment. Usually you can put in something like as little as $20 a month, or registered savings plans, then you don't even have to plan a contribution, just comes out of your bank account.

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

What's sad is these extravagant vacations pretending to be for the kids, cause face it, these kids will not remember them, is really for them. 1 and 3 is too young years from now to have real memories from all this stuff. They should save some of this money for when it's gone and have these when they are like 10 and 12.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

MandyJ wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:But if you had that money, would you seriously fly you and your small children across country to someplace you're planning on going again in almost exactly one month, during one of the busiest times of the year _just to show off_? If they weren't going back to Orlando the first week of May, I wouldn't side eye it anywhere near as much. But the _only_ reason they went this week was to show off and be wasteful.
And I can't believe they are saving a dollar for every dollar they spend. They are hemorrhaging money. They are acting as if it literally grows on trees and YouTube will never fail them. I am willing to bet their money manager is cringing all the time. They only started saving for retirement late last year! And that's by their own admission.
I don't fault them for the trip to London. I would have done that. I would have taken longer and gone more places, but that's me. The constant renovations, the pool re-do, the money on Bryan's vanity music career-- just insanity.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
And the thing is, they waste their money on stupid shit- like they'll be in Orlando anyway in May. Or all the damn Legos, or those ball pit balls, redoing the pool, the new appliances they didn't need, etc. so for all this spending, they're still not really taking advantage of the amount of money they have. It's frustrating to watch because it feels like they are squandering it! If I had anywhere near that kind of money, I would travel the WORLD! I would spend more time visiting good friends and family, they almost never see his mom and sister. I would put my kids in all kinds of cool classes and sports to enrich their lives. I would invest in real estate to start a revenue stream independent from YT (Ellie and Jared did that) And if my spouse and I were out of shape and never cooked at home like they are/do, I'd hire a personal trainer and chef to cook for us.

Or the Halloween decorations all over the property

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

In response to the argument about what B&M write off, they only save on the tax they would pay on that. Let's say they are paying $25K on this trip and can deduct it as a business expense. They would prob pay around 30% tax on that $25K, so they would save about $7500. If they are spending $17500 because they get $7500 off then that's a bad deal. They could travel coach, stay at a cheaper hotel, and instead save a few thousand of that money for later.

Think about it. YT ends and hey have that huge house to somehow pay for. Even IF they paid cash for it, which I doubt, the property taxes would be about $18K or more a year on that property. Will they be able to afford that and continue to keep up with the Joneses?
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

disneyworldbelle wrote:Maybe I'm crazy, but as a longtime goer to WDW, I think part of the magic is standing in the lines but that's because some rides such as Peter Pan have just recently updated their que lines (now have interactions so kids aren't bored in long lines)
But I enjoyed it because I got to spend time with my family in line

Yes!!! I thought the same thing when they were at Haunted Mansion and Pooh. Especially the Pooh ride, Finn probably would have liked the the queue activities as much as the ride (maybe more!).

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

tintin15 wrote: I am very shy myself lol. I wouldn't have said it could be crippling if I didn't know. Obviously shy people can live fulfilling lives, I just hope Ollie gets to be more outgoing, so things will be easier for him. He already has lacking education against him.
Sorry, I got a little excited lol Image I am very shy, too...and I was SUPER shy as a kid! I always hated when adults tried to "fix" me, so now it's like, my life mission to stand up for us shy/introverted people Image I totally agree that school will be good for him, the socialization aspect, especially. I get what you're saying about things being easier, and he for sure has a lot of things against him given his parental situation...ugh.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Missy just had to make sure her soulmate was in the photo lol [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... 88c7c1.jpg[/img]

Looks like she's nursing here too. All you can see us Finn's little arm and he still manages to be the best part of the pic.
:roll:
courtney_benjamin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by courtney_benjamin »

Theirmom wrote:Missy just had to make sure her soulmate was in the photo lol [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... 88c7c1.jpg[/img]

Looks like she's nursing here too. All you can see us Finn's little arm and he still manages to be the best part of the pic.
And her phone....

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Im not defending them, but didnt they do an ad for a retirement plan or life insurance when they just moved into the new house? Im sure they got some pointers but not following it at all.
B&M you guys really need to save... it's going to suck when people stop watching your videos.
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

Hey guys, this is my first post on here. I used to really like DB and E&J, but the last year or so, I started noticing a lot of stuff wasn't quite right. I discovered this site about a week ago, and I've been hooked.

I just wanted to add a question for all the Missy is currently pregnant rumors. I have never been pregnant, but I didn't think you were supposed to ride roller coasters while pregnant. Are some rides okay? Their preschooler is going on these rides, so they are obviously not true roller coasters. I've never been to any Disney theme park, so my experience is limited to Six Flags. At six flags there are signs all over about pregnant women avoiding the rides. What do y'all think?
sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

bunny88 wrote:Hey guys, this is my first post on here. I used to really like DB and E&J, but the last year or so, I started noticing a lot of stuff wasn't quite right. I discovered this site about a week ago, and I've been hooked.

I just wanted to add a question for all the Missy is currently pregnant rumors. I have never been pregnant, but I didn't think you were supposed to ride roller coasters while pregnant. Are some rides okay? Their preschooler is going on these rides, so they are obviously not true roller coasters. I've never been to any Disney theme park, so my experience is limited to Six Flags. At six flags there are signs all over about pregnant women avoiding the rides. What do y'all think?
I think most of the rumors and speculation about Missy being pregnant has died down. But yeah, you're not really supposed to ride roller coasters while pregnant. I've also never been to WDW but I think that all theme parks need those signs warning against riding if pregnant or you have back injuries, heart conditions, etc... The issue is the jerking motions and extra pressure on the abdomen. But I honestly don't believe that there is too much danger when you're not that far along and the rides are small. (Personally, I'm 14 weeks and wouldn't go on any crazy rides with loops or large drops, but smaller rides that are meant for younger children, sure).
She could totally be pregnant. She rode rides while pregnant with Finn.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

bunny88 wrote:Hey guys, this is my first post on here. I used to really like DB and E&J, but the last year or so, I started noticing a lot of stuff wasn't quite right. I discovered this site about a week ago, and I've been hooked.

You're right about the pregnancy and roller coasters. Adrenaline = heart racing = (when prengnat) baby's heart races faster if your heart is racing = not good for baby. Having had a miscarriage and stillbirth I really believe she'd be careful about the cautions about these things. Missy also expressed (as she did many things) that she would wean her babies off breastmilk before being pregnant again since for some breastfeeding is used as a form of contraception. Which leads me to believe she isnt pregnant. She advocated about many things like healthy organic food for Ollie when he started eating solids. Not the same for poor Finny :( I've got three kids and I made my own baby food (just my preference, no judgement!) and I took a lot of tips from Missy back then (when they only had 400 subscribers and we both went through stillbirth around the same time which is how I found her channel), and I used many products TO make baby food and with each kid I do the same. I follow through on these things for each of my kids. I dont see Missy doing that unfortunately :(

Sidenote: About Breastfeeding as a contraceptive... DONT rely on it! I was lucky, but I didnt rely on it, I didnt have any periods between my babies and became pregnant soon after I weaned off my toddler 100%. Some of my friends weren't so lucky and did rely on breastfeeding. :P Oops!
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

MandyJ wrote:
staceyeileen wrote:The guides get you fast passes on every ride at a period when wait times are routinely 60-90 minutes. I'm not saying it's worth the price they're paying for it, but they are certainly not paying for a service just to push the stroller. lol
Because they gotta feel like celebrities, cutting to the front of the line, not having to ride on the buses with the unwashed masses, sitting in VIP for parades etc. Actual legit celebrities hire plaids so they don't get mobbed by he public, but you know Brybry fancies himself as a star and thinks he needs the plaid to be able to enjoy the parks and not get "bombarded by fans"

That 2-10 year old fan base is clearly lethal.
rachelmomma3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rachelmomma3 »

New poster here I cannot even hate watch these people. They make me sick! With all that money they should both get clothes that fit FFS!

bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

Okay, it's interesting that she rode rides while pregnant with Finn (no judging) So who knows. I actually was agreeing with everyone who thought she might be, but she has said that she always feels tired early in her pregnancy. I just don't see her going on a trip to Disneyworld while early pregnant

But if she's not pregnant, then I do wonder what is up with her skin breaking out so bad. I do not have perfect skin, but I have always struggled with acne. Missy's has suddenly gone from being relatively clear to broken out all over. I know how embarrassing acne can be. I don't know how she can vlog like that. And I do feel sorry for her for aging so badly. I feel like such a jerk, but I remember thinking how wrinkled she was even in the video where she finds out she's pregnant with Ollie. She is 2 years younger than me, and I don't have any wrinkles, yet. She's had them since she was 20.

My mom has had amazing results from Olay's anti-aging skincare line. People are shocked when they find out she's 57 and a grandmother. Of course my mom also eats fairly healthy and goes to the gym 6 days a week which doesn't hurt. So Missy, if you're reading this, you should try the Olay skincare line!!! I don't want to be mean... but you have sooooo much money. Please take care of your skin!!!

And just to add to what a PP said, I know someone that got pregnant when her baby was 3 months old and she was breastfeeding, so it is definitely not reliable contraceptive.
heymallie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by heymallie »

KaterTot wrote:What's sad is these extravagant vacations pretending to be for the kids, cause face it, these kids will not remember them, is really for them. 1 and 3 is too young years from now to have real memories from all this stuff. They should save some of this money for when it's gone and have these when they are like 10 and 12.
I was thinking the same thing! Everything they do is for themselves and justify it by saying it's for the kids. When my family went to Disney my parents wanted to make sure we were old enough so that we could remember going and how special it was. Many decades ago I still remember everything and I am glad they planned our trip that way. Sure they have memories from the vlogs, but living in the moment and being able to remember how you felt is what really sticks with you. It's a huge disservice to Ollie and Finn and doesn't mean much that they went all these places but can't recall it at all.

Return to “Daily Bumps”