C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

So now both kids are going to Mother's Day out? That's interesting Brooks is so young, I would use that as an opportunity for one on one time with him. I don't really see the point in sending a one year old though. Isn't it basically sending them to daycare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

askeptichere wrote:I really doubt they will get into a routine and make the changes that they eluded to. Blaming their lack of routine on summer is laughable. They have never had a routine with the kids. Their whole lives are one giant summer vacation. Maybe with the kids' MDO programs and other extra curricular activities it'll force them into one.

I do not find Cullen attractive at all, so all that arm flexing really turned me off. Maybe if I didn't think he was so annoying I'd think otherwise. He's average at best.

they will have too get into a routine once the kids start getting busier, either that or they will be dealing with an even crankier Brooks and a cranky Gaines. My favorite part of BTS is that my kids get back on a routine and are busy all day long. But my kids are lazy teens/preteens. lol

Cullen has always been my pick of the youtube dads, i think he's very good looking. Sam from Samika is a close #2 (except hes a little young for me lol) never thought Bryan, Jared or even Joel were attractive. But we all have different tastes so there isn't really a right or wrong opinion on that subject. (and my love for arms isn't just Cullen centered. my favorite part of my husband is his forearms.. I'm an arm/shouder girl.. LOL!!!)
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:So now both kids are going to Mother's Day out? That's interesting Brooks is so young, I would use that as an opportunity for one on one time with him. I don't really see the point in sending a one year old though. Isn't it basically sending them to daycare?

Basically, yes. And I bet soon he'll also be sent on Grand Dolly days as well.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:I really doubt they will get into a routine and make the changes that they eluded to. Blaming their lack of routine on summer is laughable. They have never had a routine with the kids. Their whole lives are one giant summer vacation. Maybe with the kids' MDO programs and other extra curricular activities it'll force them into one.

I do not find Cullen attractive at all, so all that arm flexing really turned me off. Maybe if I didn't think he was so annoying I'd think otherwise. He's average at best.

they will have too get into a routine once the kids start getting busier, either that or they will be dealing with an even crankier Brooks and a cranky Gaines. My favorite part of BTS is that my kids get back on a routine and are busy all day long. But my kids are lazy teens/preteens. lol

Cullen has always been my pick of the youtube dads, i think he's very good looking. Sam from Samika is a close #2 (except hes a little young for me lol) never thought Bryan, Jared or even Joel were attractive. But we all have different tastes so there isn't really a right or wrong opinion on that subject. (and my love for arms isn't just Cullen centered. my favorite part of my husband is his forearms.. I'm an arm/shouder girl.. LOL!!!)
I love arms, too. Especially forearms! I just don't see it on Cullen. He's got a standard dad bod going on. But as you said, it's all subjective.

One more week until my son goes back to school, and I can't wait. We thrive on routine here. It is hard to keep one when summer days are so long and open, but we try.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:So now both kids are going to Mother's Day out? That's interesting Brooks is so young, I would use that as an opportunity for one on one time with him. I don't really see the point in sending a one year old though. Isn't it basically sending them to daycare?

I thought about that too and i guess their MDO program is different than ours bc ours was like 2-3 years old. Is he going the same amount of days Gaines is? For some reason i thought they said before that he wasn't going to be there the same amount of time Gaines is, but i could be wrong. I like that they are getting him into gymnastics though. They did justify MDO time would be a good time for them to get work done and things like that so when they were home they got more one on one time with the kids and wouldn't have to worry so much about entertaining them while they got work done. Thats a great idea, but lets see how well they stick with that plan, she did admit they were really bad at time management so at least they are honest about that.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:

Basically, yes. And I bet soon he'll also be sent on Grand Dolly days as well.

I don't side eye the granddolly day too much bc she has always done that with all her grandkids. I think it's nice that Brooks will be able to have one on one time with Granddolly and Granddoc. I hope they take him on a day where he can be by himself with them. It's wonderful to me that they are building strong relationships with their grandparents.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I was surprised that she insinuated that Brooks was doing MDO. The preschool where my kids went and I taught the MDO was for 20 mos old to turning three.
I like arms as well and broad shoulders.

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

last school year they said they were signing him up for a day and Gaines for 2 days for this year.

CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

When my son was about Brooks age I put him in a MDO program too. There's definitely some that start at 12 months, and no, I wouldn't say it's just a daycare. It's a great opportunity for them to get used to socializing with other kids, and they do lots of fun educational activities.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

We've checked into a few different MDO in my area and they all had different age minimums. One was 6mos (I was surprised!), one was 18mos, and the other was 2 years. I guess it just depends on the staff and what they're capable of.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

My son turned one on a Saturday, and that following Monday, I had him in the Montessori "Tot House" three mornings a week. But my husband at the time was a Navy flyer and gone a LOT. I needed those mornings for my sanity. And it was good for him to get the socialization.
Seems odd though, after all the "we don't get the one on one time with Brooks" talks, that they don't use the time with him.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

They'll still have one day when Gaines is in school and Brooks isn't. And, Brooks still isn't going to Grandolly/berry days so I feel like they do get some one on one time with him. Idk, I just am a big fan of MDO, I think it'll be good for him.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

sunshine lollipops2 wrote:
onbreak wrote:My friend is 48, turning 49 soon, just had an 'oops baby'

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Wow good for her! Are her and baby okay? Is this her first?

Everything is fine .. Her third

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

CallieT wrote:They'll still have one day when Gaines is in school and Brooks isn't. And, Brooks still isn't going to Grandolly/berry days so I feel like they do get some one on one time with him. Idk, I just am a big fan of MDO, I think it'll be good for him.
I agree, i think MDO will be good for him and maybe will cure some of that frustration or boredom that he is having. Plus with a kid like him anything that wears him out would be a good thing. I do hope that they use the day they have with no kids wisely like they said they were planning on. Getting things done that the kid interruptions make it hard to do. I know they can't get all their work done in one day but it would be nice if they got all the not daily tasks done that day so the other day without Gaines is good for Brooks too.
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

What have they done to their new, expensive home? They turned their living room into a messy play area with a vinyl pool, slide and balls everywhere? I can't believe that they have total disregard for the appearance of their home. I thought they had a play room for the kids. That pool, slide and all those balls should be in their backyard for play not in the middle of their living room as soon as you enter the house. I can't stand watching the clutter, mess, kids running wild and destroying the house...had to turn off the video! Anyone else find it strange? Don't they also have a basement? That's where we played as kids when the weather did not allow us to play outside. Why buy such a beautiful, expensive home and turn it into a pig sty? I thought their old house was always messy but this takes the prize now!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They have two playrooms and a "family room", and a sun porch.
Can't believe I am defending them, but Cullen did say (after the awful "balls in my face" joke) that they wanted to turn it into a nice formal living room, but were waiting until they were sure exactly how they wanted it to look before "pulling the trigger" (his words) and ending up with something they don't really like.
But they could at least clean up the balloons. And I am still gobsmacked about the Cheerios. What was the point of that, besides waste and making a mess?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Eh, it's odd to have that stuff in the entry but the room would just be sitting there empty right now so why not? I understand them not putting it in the basement or backyard right now because they can't let the kids out there alone.
I hope that now that both kids will be away some morning that it will help them continue to work on the house (decorate etc)
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Image find this so funny and had to share on C&Ks board.

whatthepho
Talker
Talker

Unread post by whatthepho »

Baconsgirl wrote:Image find this so funny and had to share on C&Ks board.

Hmmm...the NO LAST NAMES UNLESS YOUTUBERS PUBLICLY STATE IT - MOD are a family of 4. Interesting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Can a moderator delete whatthepho's post above? It mentions their last name =X I know it was by accident I'm sure... but we need to respect their privacy.

Also, I don't see why someone is bothered by a person they don't knows home appearance. :lol: They have kids, expect messiness. Yes, they have designated play rooms but they don't have furniture for a nice sitting room yet so might as well make use of an empty room and they did say the mosquitoes are pretty bad right now. Not to mention, helps contain the balls in one place than all over the yard. There's a saying somewhere that says something similar to "Excuse the mess, my kids are having fun being kids". I get the trash on the floor and walking with shoes in the house but a room that is barely used? C'mon. When the kids go to bed, we see them clean the kitchen up.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡

Return to “Cullen and Katie”