Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DAILY BUMPS: FULLERHOUSEOFNAPS. PART# 91

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
PumpkinHead wrote:
cat9480 wrote:
I don't have time to watch the vlog right now, what kind of fish did they get and what size is the tank? I'm hoping the didn't get goldfish because those need a huge tank Image
They got two glofish which are the black skirt tetra version. They should really be in schools of at least 6 to be happy. They also have a "sucker fish" I hope it's not a pleco those need at least 100gallons. You shouldn't get them unless there is lots of algae to eat or they will starve. The last thing is a African dwarf frog, which will starve to death if they don't pay attention because the fish will get the food first. It's not really their fault entirely, petsmart associates usually don't know anything about fish care, you have to do your own research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah they might have been okay if they just got 5 or 6 tetras and those were the only fish in the tank. But the tank is probably overcrowded now, and no doubt the frog won't last long if they don't pay attention. I just looked at the vlog really quickly, and that's a great setup for a betta. Why wouldn't they just get another betta?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

i feel like they are the type to just throw a bunch of fish in a tank and not do a second of research as to what is best for those fish. That small tank seems totally overpopulated. I've only ever had betta's and goldfish but we always went by the 1 gallon of water per 1 inch of fish rule. Idk how accurate that is but we managed to keep a goldfish alive for almost 6 years in a 3 gallon tank, and once he died, we currently have a betta (going on 2 years) in the same tank and he seems pretty happy. He's getting old and sluggish but he had a new bubble nest this morning so i assume thats a good sign. lol
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PumpkinHead wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
PumpkinHead wrote:
They got two glofish which are the black skirt tetra version. They should really be in schools of at least 6 to be happy. They also have a "sucker fish" I hope it's not a pleco those need at least 100gallons. You shouldn't get them unless there is lots of algae to eat or they will starve. The last thing is a African dwarf frog, which will starve to death if they don't pay attention because the fish will get the food first. It's not really their fault entirely, petsmart associates usually don't know anything about fish care, you have to do your own research.

Yeah they might have been okay if they just got 5 or 6 tetras and those were the only fish in the tank. But the tank is probably overcrowded now, and no doubt the frog won't last long if they don't pay attention. I just looked at the vlog really quickly, and that's a great setup for a betta. Why wouldn't they just get another betta?
Probably bc i assume Ollie pitched a fit bc HE wanted a fish too so they had to get something they could put 2 of in a tank together. they looked at bettas first then ultimately wound up with the two tetras.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Glo tetras are designer and pretty trendy at the moment. That's why they probably got those.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:Glo tetras are designer and pretty trendy at the moment. That's why they probably got those.
Copying JK Today lol but if they are designer then thats exactly why. also think about all the GLOW IN THE DARK SURPRISE FISH PARTY UNICORN SLIME PRANK!!! vlogs they can have now!!
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
ja14 wrote:Going back to Missy's hobbies... We know she likes Outlander and apparently read all the books. Has anyone here read those books? They are huge and hard to read. I read a lot and also write (hard to believe, I know, because all my typos here make me sound illiterate lol), and I ended up listening to the audiobook of the first book because it was hard to get into. It's really hard for me to imagine Missy reading those books lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Missy was gifted the books years after she was a supposed fan. Pretty strange to not already have them. I think she might have just watched the show.... unless she listened to the audiobooks?
No, I remember her mentioning how her and her mom read the books, that's why she was so excited when the tv show came on.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Playsinrain wrote:i feel like they are the type to just throw a bunch of fish in a tank and not do a second of research as to what is best for those fish. That small tank seems totally overpopulated. I've only ever had betta's and goldfish but we always went by the 1 gallon of water per 1 inch of fish rule. Idk how accurate that is but we managed to keep a goldfish alive for almost 6 years in a 3 gallon tank, and once he died, we currently have a betta (going on 2 years) in the same tank and he seems pretty happy. He's getting old and sluggish but he had a new bubble nest this morning so i assume thats a good sign. lol
That's definitely what they did haha. I think they're either gonna end up getting a huge tank, or just getting another betta is these fish die. The 1 gallon per inch of fish rule is more of a guideline and generally works better for smaller fish. I'm surprised you had goldfish for that long in a 3 gallon! They can grow up to 12 inches, and usually need a 90-120 gallon tank. Sorry, I love fish and it's sort of a pet peeve of mine when I see people who like Bryan and Missy get a bunch of fish and throw them in a small tank without doing any research. I'll stop talking about fish now, otherwise I might go on all day lol Image
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PumpkinHead wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:i feel like they are the type to just throw a bunch of fish in a tank and not do a second of research as to what is best for those fish. That small tank seems totally overpopulated. I've only ever had betta's and goldfish but we always went by the 1 gallon of water per 1 inch of fish rule. Idk how accurate that is but we managed to keep a goldfish alive for almost 6 years in a 3 gallon tank, and once he died, we currently have a betta (going on 2 years) in the same tank and he seems pretty happy. He's getting old and sluggish but he had a new bubble nest this morning so i assume thats a good sign. lol
That's definitely what they did haha. I think they're either gonna end up getting a huge tank, or just getting another betta is these fish die. The 1 gallon per inch of fish rule is more of a guideline and generally works better for smaller fish. I'm surprised you had goldfish for that long in a 3 gallon! They can grow up to 12 inches, and usually need a 90-120 gallon tank. Sorry, I love fish and it's sort of a pet peeve of mine when I see people who like Bryan and Missy get a bunch of fish and throw them in a small tank without doing any research. I'll stop talking about fish now, otherwise I might go on all day lol Image
I was actually VERY surprised that we kept the goldfish alive that long in that tank. My daughter got it as a bday gift (i approved it, i know people dont like pets as gifts but it was discussed beforehand!) and it was just in a gallon sized bowl at first and i felt bad and put it in a larger tank that we had to put our gerbils in while we cleaned their cage. It was a super tiny little guy when we got him and he never got very big. Don't goldfish stop growing if their habitat can't support them? For some reason i thought the larger the tank the larger the goldfish would be, (not koi sized or anything lol) and vise versa. The goldfish was A LOT of upkeep. They are so dirty. We had to clean that tank completely at the minimum once a week, some times more often. when it died we added more (fake) plants, hiding places and 3 moss balls and got the betta. He seems happy, I hope he is. lol I'm sorry we are totally derailing this thread lol
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Playsinrain wrote:
PumpkinHead wrote:
I was actually VERY surprised that we kept the goldfish alive that long in that tank. My daughter got it as a bday gift (i approved it, i know people dont like pets as gifts but it was discussed beforehand!) and it was just in a gallon sized bowl at first and i felt bad and put it in a larger tank that we had to put our gerbils in while we cleaned their cage. It was a super tiny little guy when we got him and he never got very big. Don't goldfish stop growing if their habitat can't support them? For some reason i thought the larger the tank the larger the goldfish would be, (not koi sized or anything lol) and vise versa. The goldfish was A LOT of upkeep. They are so dirty. We had to clean that tank completely at the minimum once a week, some times more often. when it died we added more (fake) plants, hiding places and 3 moss balls and got the betta. He seems happy, I hope he is. lol I'm sorry we are totally derailing this thread lol
Goldfish need minimum 30 gallons or their growth will be stunted and they will live short lives. If given the proper sized tank they are less messy and can live 30 years!

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
PumpkinHead wrote: That's definitely what they did haha. I think they're either gonna end up getting a huge tank, or just getting another betta is these fish die. The 1 gallon per inch of fish rule is more of a guideline and generally works better for smaller fish. I'm surprised you had goldfish for that long in a 3 gallon! They can grow up to 12 inches, and usually need a 90-120 gallon tank. Sorry, I love fish and it's sort of a pet peeve of mine when I see people who like Bryan and Missy get a bunch of fish and throw them in a small tank without doing any research. I'll stop talking about fish now, otherwise I might go on all day lol Image
Goldfish need minimum 30 gallons or their growth will be stunted and they will live short lives. If given the proper sized tank they are less messy and can live 30 years!

Like 30 gallons per fish?? Or can you put more than one fish in there with it? 30 years is a little shocking, i never knew they could live that long. oops..
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Playsinrain wrote:
PumpkinHead wrote:
Yep, goldfish will stop growing if their tank is not big enough. And I can't edit my other post, but as someone else mentioned, goldfish need at least 30 gallons each. I had three goldfish a while ago and they needed a hugee tank, so maybe that's why I put 90 before haha
pplove85
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pplove85 »

Am i the only one feeling bad for the mouse? A dog staring at them and that brat pushing the ball. Poor John must have been so stressed.
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

Missy posted on Instagram stories video of Ollie riding a strider bike that he got when he was 2 and she's going on about how good he can ride it and he's really not doing very good at it, lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

pplove85 wrote:Am i the only one feeling bad for the mouse? A dog staring at them and that brat pushing the ball. Poor John must have been so stressed.
We have a hamster who we put in a ball like that. The first few times the dog stalked her around the house to the point where i had to make her stop. After that she ignored it. Our hamster loves it and is always very excited to get in the ball (well as excited as a hamster can act lol) I think after a few times the dogs will ignore it. I'm sure being in the ball was stressful just bc it was a new experience for John, plus all the commotion, but i think it will be fine after a few times.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Playsinrain wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: I was actually VERY surprised that we kept the goldfish alive that long in that tank. My daughter got it as a bday gift (i approved it, i know people dont like pets as gifts but it was discussed beforehand!) and it was just in a gallon sized bowl at first and i felt bad and put it in a larger tank that we had to put our gerbils in while we cleaned their cage. It was a super tiny little guy when we got him and he never got very big. Don't goldfish stop growing if their habitat can't support them? For some reason i thought the larger the tank the larger the goldfish would be, (not koi sized or anything lol) and vise versa. The goldfish was A LOT of upkeep. They are so dirty. We had to clean that tank completely at the minimum once a week, some times more often. when it died we added more (fake) plants, hiding places and 3 moss balls and got the betta. He seems happy, I hope he is. lol I'm sorry we are totally derailing this thread lol

Like 30 gallons per fish?? Or can you put more than one fish in there with it? 30 years is a little shocking, i never knew they could live that long. oops..
30 gallons for one fish add 10 gallons for each additional fish for fantail goldfish and add 20 for each additional common goldfish. They get big and will fill out the tank for sure. Sorry for going off topic fish keeping is a hobby of mine, I only have small tanks with guppies though.

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

onbreak wrote:I haven't watched yet, but Ollie checked out weeks ago. He could careless yesterday when they talked about the fish dying.
They've been to church a handful of times, I wonder if it's a religious school and that's why the cafeteria Christian is coming out of them

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
I can guarantee he's going to a religious school. Private Christian schools are the most expensive, exclusive schools there are, at least where I live.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I feel bad lol. Years ago I had a betta in a too-tiny tank :( He lived for a while, though. His name was Gabriel, suspiciously...don't worry, I'm not a creep. Had no idea B&M even existed at this point, my fish was named after Gabriel from Supernatural. A while after he died, the tank turned into a home for a slug in my garden that I refused to kill, which I think was a more appropriate use for a smaller tank lol

Since these two love to spend money, hopefully they will upgrade to a big tank for their fish. There are some fancy several hundred+ dollar ones out there that I'm sure they'd love to show off.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Sorry for all the posts in rapid succession, but help me out. Did they ever put Ollie in, like, one gymnastic class and then pull him out? Did I imagine that???
Green Jello
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Green Jello »

I think the Jesus they soak of is the pool cleaner or maybe the cleaning lady's husband. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... 1635a5.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Green Jello
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Green Jello »

Green Jello wrote:I think the Jesus they soak of is the pool cleaner or maybe the cleaning lady's husband. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... 1635a5.jpg[/img]

*speak of

Return to “Daily Bumps”