WatersWife Vlogs / Part #1

LightlyToasted
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: WatersWife Vlogs / Part #1

Unread post by LightlyToasted »

I honestly thought that was beautifully written. Not going to lie, my stomach dropped when I saw that you posted here Aimee, almost as if we’ve been “caught”. But honestly you took it well and I’m glad to see your thoughts on this thread! Thank you for being so real and honest, but I hope that doesn’t stop others from coming here to rant. Not that this thread is very active to begin with...

Also, why take away the Santa experience from Mallory. Sure you don’t have to tell her all the gifts from are from him, but why not add one special gift under the tree every year to spark the magic? What about when she’s around other school aged children who do believe? I just feel like she might feel left out. I can’t imagine my childhood without Santa, or the joys of meeting him at the mall. Sure it was hard to find out he isn’t real, but you live and you move on. I don’t think I know any other adult who is still heart broken over finding out the truth LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RaginaPhalanges
Informer
Informer

Unread post by RaginaPhalanges »

All I’m going to say about the Santa thing is that the little kids who were told there was no Santa were the ones to ruined for those of us who did believe.

HeyGirlHey
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by HeyGirlHey »

RaginaPhalanges wrote:All I’m going to say about the Santa thing is that the little kids who were told there was no Santa were the ones to ruined for those of us who did believe.

^ Yes! So give other’s grace. Some kids need to believe in something because their home lives aren’t all that great.
WatersWife
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by WatersWife »

In true Aimee style, I wasn’t as clear as I had hoped with my video in getting the thoughts from my head out my mouth. I’m not sure if you dudes watched the follow up vlog, but I’ll save you the click if you didn’t.

So, I never said I wasn’t going to let her not believe in Santa. I said I was torn on the idea of him and I had concerns that I wanted to talk out. I’m the end, I said I’d continue to introduce her to Santa and we actually took her to meet him this weekend. As for how much she chooses to believe, I’ll follow her lead. I most definitely won’t discourage her if she wants to believe in him. I also said, super quickly, another complication is if she doesn’t believe, I wouldn’t want her telling other kids. It’s at 13:34 in the initial video. I do not want her being that kid that tells others if/when she doesn’t believe.

The title of the vlog came from me saying that while she’s a toddler and too young to grasp the concept, we aren’t worried about saying her presents are from Santa. So none of her gifts this year will come from him. The one thing I do wish could happen is if parents could get together and have a set amount from Santa, just because kids DO compare and do wonder why so and do gets a bunch from Santa and they only get socks. But, that is just wishful thinking. I would hate for a kid from a less fortunate family think that they’ve been bad because they didn’t get an entire room full of gifts from him as seen on YouTube. Since putting out the video though, I’ve received tons of messages and I’ve gained some better insight. Obviously I can’t tell another family how to run their traditions, I just feel bad for the few kiddos who get bummed out over it. So anyway, we’ve settled that one gift and/or the stockings will come from Santa and the rest from parents is what will work for us.

Hopefully that cleared up my jumbled thoughts a little better.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

I wish the Griffiths girls would be mature enough to comment or address things with dignity like Aimee.
Seriouslywtfwhy01
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Seriouslywtfwhy01 »

WatersWife wrote:In true Aimee style, I wasn’t as clear as I had hoped with my video in getting the thoughts from my head out my mouth. I’m not sure if you dudes watched the follow up vlog, but I’ll save you the click if you didn’t.

So, I never said I wasn’t going to let her not believe in Santa. I said I was torn on the idea of him and I had concerns that I wanted to talk out. I’m the end, I said I’d continue to introduce her to Santa and we actually took her to meet him this weekend. As for how much she chooses to believe, I’ll follow her lead. I most definitely won’t discourage her if she wants to believe in him. I also said, super quickly, another complication is if she doesn’t believe, I wouldn’t want her telling other kids. It’s at 13:34 in the initial video. I do not want her being that kid that tells others if/when she doesn’t believe.

The title of the vlog came from me saying that while she’s a toddler and too young to grasp the concept, we aren’t worried about saying her presents are from Santa. So none of her gifts this year will come from him. The one thing I do wish could happen is if parents could get together and have a set amount from Santa, just because kids DO compare and do wonder why so and do gets a bunch from Santa and they only get socks. But, that is just wishful thinking. I would hate for a kid from a less fortunate family think that they’ve been bad because they didn’t get an entire room full of gifts from him as seen on YouTube. Since putting out the video though, I’ve received tons of messages and I’ve gained some better insight. Obviously I can’t tell another family how to run their traditions, I just feel bad for the few kiddos who get bummed out over it. So anyway, we’ve settled that one gift and/or the stockings will come from Santa and the rest from parents is what will work for us.

Hopefully that cleared up my jumbled thoughts a little better.
As a parent who also isn't encouraging the Santa/Easter Bunny/Tooth fairy stuff. I get it. None of my kiddo's gifts are labeled as from anyone. We will probably keep it that way as well.
Angelsong01
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Angelsong01 »

Aimee, I admire you for your two posts. Take care.
HeyGirlHey
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by HeyGirlHey »

and BOOM there goes this thread.
Whatevvvaa. Homegirl ruins everything.
No safe spaces around here.
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

WatersWife Vlogs / Part #1

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

She’s hardly ruining things. I think it’s great that a creator can talk to us here. It’s not like Aimee isn’t taking what we say on board and providing her opinion in a succinct way.

This “safe space” is no different to Keren blatantly reading her thread on this forum and passively aggressively commenting on things in her videos and instagrams. If you don’t like her responses just ignore her, it’s not that hard

Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

How does everyone think of these "changes" she's trying to do?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Nicolebates

Unread post by Nicolebates »

Did anyone notice how she ALWAYS takes away from poor Tyson’s birthday? She has issues with her own and I feel like she makes him feel like he’s not allowed to even celebrate!! I just don’t understand her! She fusses and complains all the time .
Sammypants
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Sammypants »

Toodles123 wrote:How does everyone think of these "changes" she's trying to do?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I think vlogs are mostly the same, i guess some people like the montage with music for many minutes, but prefer dialogue. It is easy to follow along with when doing housework.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

ihateliars
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ihateliars »

I kinda stopped watching for a while but omg Mal has gotten so big, she’s adorable! Aimee well she still has a bad attitude and I’m just gonna say at this point it’s just part of her charm ;) lol
Ohjess17
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ohjess17 »

She is so annoying.
foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

Does anyone really care what Mallory takes to nap. Every day she posts on Instagram what toy she takes with her to nap.
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

I can forgive the broadcasting of what toy Mal sleeps with because I think that’s a first time Mom thing... I know I posted the dumbest shit about my first born that I’d never think twice about posting with my third. And I’m sure her loss plays into thinking everything Mal does is worthy of posting.

However, I CANNOT understand when women talk about being jealous of their daughters relationship with their father. I have all boys so maybe I’m missing something, but I find it so odd and creepy and unimaginable.

prettypink-dreamer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by prettypink-dreamer »

I don’t watch the vlogs any more cause they are as boring as watching paint dry but man I’d forgotten how large Aimee actually is until I just saw her insta story. She’s got such a tiny head & when that’s all you see, you get such a shock when you see the rest of her

foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

blahblahblahhh wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:14 pm I can forgive the broadcasting of what toy Mal sleeps with because I think that’s a first time Mom thing... I know I posted the dumbest shit about my first born that I’d never think twice about posting with my third. And I’m sure her loss plays into thinking everything Mal does is worthy of posting.

However, I CANNOT understand when women talk about being jealous of their daughters relationship with their father. I have all boys so maybe I’m missing something, but I find it so odd and creepy and unimaginable.

I have 3 boys and 2 girls. No jealousy here. I love that my girls 4 and 2 run to the door when hubby comes home. I had a great relationship with my father so I love the bond my children and hubby have.
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

foreversoulmates wrote:Does anyone really care what Mallory takes to nap. Every day she posts on Instagram what toy she takes with her to nap.

Lol i can’t stand the OOTD posts. Now this is a serious question for all you moms, do you actually dress up your kid(s) in a different outfit every day if you’re only at home? My youngest stays home so he wears the outfit two days in row unless he gets dirty obviously. I can’t understand putting on a new outfit every day. So much laundry!

foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

violet-kelsey black wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:43 am
foreversoulmates wrote:Does anyone really care what Mallory takes to nap. Every day she posts on Instagram what toy she takes with her to nap.

Lol i can’t stand the OOTD posts. Now this is a serious question for all you moms, do you actually dress up your kid(s) in a different outfit every day if you’re only at home? My youngest stays home so he wears the outfit two days in row unless he gets dirty obviously. I can’t understand putting on a new outfit every day. So much laundry!

Some days we stay in our pajamas all day. Now that summer is here we play outside most days so I do change clothes because they end up a bloody mess.

For 2 people who don't have jobs Mallory has a huge wardrobe. Little jealous of that.

Return to “Q-Z”