E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

emilylegend wrote:I don’t check here often, but I noticed they weren’t using the van in today’s vlog so I figured y’all must know! Lol What happened to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wasn't Ellie tweeting about a Ford Expedition the other day? Hoping for a new sponsorship? Interesting.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Ellie's IG story from today shows a pattern I've noticed for awhile where she shows the plate she's dished up for lunch or dinner, and then later seems to have just picked at it and/or just moved the food around the plate to make it appear she's eaten. You can see her before in the IG story, and then when she's talking about Penny later you can see she's cut the meat up and has spread it out on the plate so it looks like it's just pieces left over, and she's done the same with the potatoes and beans. She probably only ate half of the small plate she dished up. I have an aunt with a diagnosed long-standing eating disorder, and this is classic hiding behaviour. Ellie says in the clip that Penny knows she will get some meat if she's good. I think Penny gets a lot more of Ellie's dinner than that.

I tried to get good screenshots but she moved past the plate so fast that it was hard. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... c55449.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 52ed16.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... d2579d.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... bae62e.png[/img]
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Oh good grief. 5 green beans. Some part of her likes that this charade is so public, and likes that her minions think "Ellie is so thin, she eats like a bird." Because there is certainly a way to veg-load your plates (sorry, I meant saucers) and make it seem like you've eaten something more substantial without eating more than a bite or 2 each of meat and potatoes.

ETA: I'm reminded of that scene in Secretary where James Spader tells Maggie Gyllenhaal to eat 3 peas at dinner. But she at least gets ice cream.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Attn ut residents
Send your Drive thru Jared photos to ytmd c/o e&j board

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

canmom2
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by canmom2 »

lmmomSD wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:
emilylegend wrote:I don’t check here often, but I noticed they weren’t using the van in today’s vlog so I figured y’all must know! Lol What happened to it?

There was definitely only one car in their garage too when they were playing outside and the car was parked directly in the middle unlike off to the side when you have two cars!

Maybe the free period is over, and they are hoping we just don't notice...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
The year was ip a while ago they did a vlog what they like about the van and Calvin threw all over the place. Is the Pacifica a ford? Maybe they are trading it out for another free one.an Explorer
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Looks like Ellie liked Capt Jack!

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... a5ba92.png[/img]
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

RecklessDisregard wrote:Oh good grief. 5 green beans. Some part of her likes that this charade is so public, and likes that her minions think "Ellie is so thin, she eats like a bird." Because there is certainly a way to veg-load your plates (sorry, I meant saucers) and make it seem like you've eaten something more substantial without eating more than a bite or 2 each of meat and potatoes.

ETA: I'm reminded of that scene in Secretary where James Spader tells Maggie Gyllenhaal to eat 3 peas at dinner. But she at least gets ice cream.
LOL at the Secretary reference! Didn't she get a bite of mashed potatoes, too?

boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

HelloSweetie wrote:Ellie's IG story from today shows a pattern I've noticed for awhile where she shows the plate she's dished up for lunch or dinner, and then later seems to have just picked at it and/or just moved the food around the plate to make it appear she's eaten. You can see her before in the IG story, and then when she's talking about Penny later you can see she's cut the meat up and has spread it out on the plate so it looks like it's just pieces left over, and she's done the same with the potatoes and beans. She probably only ate half of the small plate she dished up. I have an aunt with a diagnosed long-standing eating disorder, and this is classic hiding behaviour. Ellie says in the clip that Penny knows she will get some meat if she's good. I think Penny gets a lot more of Ellie's dinner than that.

I tried to get good screenshots but she moved past the plate so fast that it was hard. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... c55449.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 52ed16.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... d2579d.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... bae62e.png[/img]
Well to be fair she's still at the table with Jared. It's not like she showed her plate in the sink and said she was done, she could very well still be eating.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

^^^^ except the clips were posted quite a few minutes apart.

But my point was I've noticed this for awhile. We've even commented on the "picking at food" before, but I was trying to show how she moves her food around the plate and spreads it out. One of the classic ED warning signs. Most people don't Chase their food around and rearrange it as they eat.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

On another note, has anyone else noticed that Ellie has started having a nervous (or sad?) laugh just like Collette's? It's really apparent in her IG stories. Pretty sure she didn't laugh like that before. Makes me wonder what it's really like in their home.
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

HelloSweetie wrote:On another note, has anyone else noticed that Ellie has started having a nervous (or sad?) laugh just like Collette's? It's really apparent in her IG stories. Pretty sure she didn't laugh like that before. Makes me wonder what it's really like in their home.
Reading my mind, HS! I came to talk about the moved around food on the plate and her identical Collette laugh!!!

Agree with everything you said about those two things lol.

That Captain Jack Sparrow picture makes me uncomfortable. Why is her hand on his chest???

freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

formerctfxcer wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:On another note, has anyone else noticed that Ellie has started having a nervous (or sad?) laugh just like Collette's? It's really apparent in her IG stories. Pretty sure she didn't laugh like that before. Makes me wonder what it's really like in their home.
Reading my mind, HS! I came to talk about the moved around food on the plate and her identical Collette laugh!!!

Agree with everything you said about those two things lol.

That Captain Jack Sparrow picture makes me uncomfortable. Why is her hand on his chest???

Omg yes, that laugh is just like Collette's! I knew it reminded me of someone. Plus, her plate is pushed off to the side which indicates that she's probably done eating
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

lmmomSD wrote:
RecklessDisregard wrote:Oh good grief. 5 green beans. Some part of her likes that this charade is so public, and likes that her minions think "Ellie is so thin, she eats like a bird." Because there is certainly a way to veg-load your plates (sorry, I meant saucers) and make it seem like you've eaten something more substantial without eating more than a bite or 2 each of meat and potatoes.

LOL at the Secretary reference! Didn't she get a bite of mashed potatoes, too?

Creamed potatoes!
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

According to Jared on Twitter, today's vlog is very tender. Just thought y'all should know.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I saw in Bonnie’s vlog today that Ellie and Jared were driving the car. So I wonder how long the van has been gone? At least a week, because Bonnie is a week behind correct?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

nutbagmcgee wrote:I saw in Bonnie’s vlog today that Ellie and Jared were driving the car. So I wonder how long the van has been gone? At least a week, because Bonnie is a week behind correct?
Correct.

But why not just mention they returned it because the sponsorship was over? They had acknowledged it was a sponsorship before, so it's not like it was a secret.

I guess because it looks more impressive to trade in your new van for a newer SUV.

Actually, I just realized that it would actually look bad to decide not to buy the vehicle (I assume at a discount) you've raved about for the last year. It looks really bad. I would say that's why they are hiding it, but you know we are going to see when Ellie gets the new car for sure.
YTIUH
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YTIUH »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I saw in Bonnie’s vlog today that Ellie and Jared were driving the car. So I wonder how long the van has been gone? At least a week, because Bonnie is a week behind correct?
What is the car is being repaired after an accident or a recall or smth else? It doesn’t have to be a conspiracy theory for everything :)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

YTIUH wrote:
What is the car is being repaired after an accident or a recall or smth else? It doesn’t have to be a conspiracy theory for everything :)
Ellie mentioned on Twitter that she is getting a new Ford SUV. That makes it more likely than not that they are getting rid of the Pacifica if they aren't driving it.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

YTIUH wrote:
I don't think it's a conspiracy theory as much as an observation. Ellie has also mentioned getting a new 4WD that they "need" for winter, so I think it's more likely that the van was a loaner and not theirs to keep forever.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”