DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Theirmom »

It's fine. We get it. You don't care if cultural appropriation offends people. YOU think that people who are offended by it are too insensitive.

You're allowed to think that.
I used to think that saying "gyped" was okay until an actual Romani person told me it was offensive.

The difference between you and me is that when I get called out for hurting people, I stop.
I don't argue with them about why they're wrong for being offended.
Last edited by Theirmom on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:roll:
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

Unread post by Caisflame »

I haven't checked a DB thread in about 2 months. What a wonderful time for me to decide to check it, during a cultural appropriation shitstorm. Great timing.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

queentee20 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Are they seriously adding laugh tracks to the vlogs now? WTF??
It was annoying... I’ll laugh if I want to, I don’t need a cue telling me to laugh
They get more and more sitcom every vlog. I wound't be surprised if they start hiring writers soon..
YesMia
Talker
Talker

Unread post by YesMia »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

Is it wise to teach Finn to hid in cabinets? BryLard doesn't have a functioning brain - clearly!! They have time to film their stupid videos (that nobody cares about) and they can't take Finn for his first haircut yet? If this was Ollie they would have had Travis come to their home and cut his hair with gold scissors!! Missy at 2:50 - her expression says it all - she could care less about Bryan's dying music career - she's just in it for the fame and attention!! Of course Bryan knows what make-up wipes are - he puts on make-up all the time for "video purposes" so obviously he knows about the wipes!!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Arrrrgh. The worst thing? I had that stupid ass song stuck in my head when I was showering today. He obviously hired someone good to write the tune and arrange it. Because we all know he didn't do that. The poetry is bad enough for me to believe he wrote the lyrics. But not the music and arrangements.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Playsinrain wrote:Are they seriously adding laugh tracks to the vlogs now? WTF??
Its a show, bro
Im swamped at work, I'll have to watch later

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

queentee20 wrote:
It was annoying... I’ll laugh if I want to, I don’t need a cue telling me to laugh
I hear that, Nobody tells me what to do

MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

Theirmom wrote:It's fine. We get it. You don't care if cultural appropriation offends people. YOU think that people who are offended by it are too insensitive.

You're allowed to think that.
I used to think that saying "gyped" was okay until an actual Romani person told me it was offensive.

The difference between you and me is that when I get called out for hurting people, I stop.
I don't argue with them about why they're wrong for being offended.
This this this
You can roll your eyes or think it’s ridiculous, but it just makes you look like a dismissive jerk

YesMia
Talker
Talker

Unread post by YesMia »

rd_valo
Informer
Informer

Unread post by rd_valo »

sb613 wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:
sb613 wrote: Explain what you know about the Scottish? I've never seen Bravehart, this topic (the Indigenous Western European tribes) is very important to me and I've spent years studying it as well as history and anthropology throughout human history around the world. None of you have any evidence for anything you're saying, everything that I'm saying are facts that can be backed up. It's a fact that the Celts wore face and body paint, and that Bryan and Missy descend from Celts which contradicts claims made by other users here. You obviously don't know anything about this culture and I doubt that you come from it so to me you just sound racist. I didn't say anything about the practice existing in modern times, I'm referring to the 10,000 year window that another user opened up. And yeah they stopped painting their faces because like I said they were invaded and conquered, and they would have been burned or executed in some other way for doing so.

I'm also not saying that B&M are trying to hark back to their ancestors, I'm refuting the claims that they have no connection to any tribal history. They aren't trying to allude to British history anymore than they are Native American, it's just arbitrary to connect it to any one culture. They're trying to tell a story with the theme of their family being a tribe unrelated to any racial group, using "tribal" or primitive motifs that aren't related to any one culture specifically. They have every right to do so especially given that they descend from people who used these symbols and practices too. To me y'all seem like the racists insisting they must be trying to reference non-white American or African or whatever tribes when they haven't done anything that's actually specific to those groups.
Years studying it doesn't make it your culture either.

Bryan and Missy have never expressed an interest in really and truly learning their heritage. You are making sweeping assumptions to try and justify how this isn't cultural appropriation. Using your argument, then CA isn't even a thing because most of us can be traced back to common ancestors. They are from ID and that is their culture. Maybe California if you really want to get into it, but seriously... they are just children putting on costumes and trying to be trendy. That's great you've put years of research in because its of interest to you, but you aren't Bryan and I guarantee that he and Missy just looked "cool tribal paint" up on Google and that was the end of it.

LMFAO at the suggestion that we seem like racists Image
No the fact that all of my family immigrated to the US from various Celtic lands makes it my culture. Again they're not trying to represent Celtic culture but what they're doing is not cultural appropriation because they're not borrowing any cultural practices from any group that they don't belong to.

Also yeah when I bring up Indigenous European culture and y'all start pretending that all of that boils down to a movie about a time period (post colonization) that I'm not even talking about it seems pretty racist and stupid to me.
I am actually Scottish (and my family have been Scottish from at least the 13th century) and I didn’t find the braveheart reference offensive or racist at all. But your comment about it being your culture is more offensive tbh. It is your ancestry and their culture. It is a culture you have an association with due to previous generations, but that doesn’t make it yours. Growing up around it, living it make it yours.
There is a difference.

spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

Does Bryan edit the vlogs or does someone else do it? I could see him being that cheesy lmao

spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by spillingthetea »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 018021.jpg[/img]

He is nothing special

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

spillingthetea wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 018021.jpg[/img]

He is nothing special

That kid looks weird. His face looks like it's puffy from an overload of sodium.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
laughsatytfame
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by laughsatytfame »

They are so ignorant about anything that isn't inside their cult bubble that I expect a massive tantrum, twitter storm, and talking to from Bryan if their over priced music video gets demonetized. :lol: It could happen, you never know.
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

laughsatytfame wrote:They are so ignorant about anything that isn't inside their cult bubble that I expect a massive tantrum, twitter storm, and talking to from Bryan if their over priced music video gets demonetized. :lol: It could happen, you never know.
That’s because they (more so Missy) were raised to be mostly/only with family. Her family will never tell her no or do anything to upset her, when people tweet them honest opinions they can’t take the criticism and instantly block. I’m blocked on everything, both instagrams, both twitters and even their channel lol. That’s why he has a tantrum if he isn’t praised for his “hard work” regardless of the quality or the morals behind it.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I just blocked them from my social media's lol

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

twomommies wrote:
spillingthetea wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 018021.jpg[/img]

He is nothing special

That kid looks weird. His face looks like it's puffy from an overload of sodium.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Was this the free birds date? When she literally ran out of gas

MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

rd_valo wrote:
sb613 wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote: Years studying it doesn't make it your culture either.

Bryan and Missy have never expressed an interest in really and truly learning their heritage. You are making sweeping assumptions to try and justify how this isn't cultural appropriation. Using your argument, then CA isn't even a thing because most of us can be traced back to common ancestors. They are from ID and that is their culture. Maybe California if you really want to get into it, but seriously... they are just children putting on costumes and trying to be trendy. That's great you've put years of research in because its of interest to you, but you aren't Bryan and I guarantee that he and Missy just looked "cool tribal paint" up on Google and that was the end of it.

LMFAO at the suggestion that we seem like racists Image
No the fact that all of my family immigrated to the US from various Celtic lands makes it my culture. Again they're not trying to represent Celtic culture but what they're doing is not cultural appropriation because they're not borrowing any cultural practices from any group that they don't belong to.

Also yeah when I bring up Indigenous European culture and y'all start pretending that all of that boils down to a movie about a time period (post colonization) that I'm not even talking about it seems pretty racist and stupid to me.
I am actually Scottish (and my family have been Scottish from at least the 13th century) and I didn’t find the braveheart reference offensive or racist at all. But your comment about it being your culture is more offensive tbh. It is your ancestry and their culture. It is a culture you have an association with due to previous generations, but that doesn’t make it yours. Growing up around it, living it make it yours.
There is a difference.

Exactly. Even IF he has NA ancestry, he has never grown up participating in the culture at all. Neither have they acknowledged or cared about Scottish culture or really any other culture but being consumerist and wasteful. They don’t care about these things because of culture or ancestry or heritage. They like it because they think it’s cool, edgy and trendy. And now with this song he is even trying to make a profit off of someone else’s (perceived) culture. (I say perceived because he is cherry picking stereotypical NA things, nothing specific to any particular nation) which is wrong, gross, offensive, etc.

QweenKris
Talker
Talker

Unread post by QweenKris »

Playsinrain wrote:damn i didn't realize i was going to get a goddamn history lesson today... can we all just agree that whatever thought process that lead B&M to thinking that using pseudo warpaint and tribal culture as a costume is completely backwards and wrong, and that we all hope it blows up in their faces? The history or lack there of isn't really THAT important. They are being insensitive and ignorant, i think we can all agree on that. All this off topic rambling about Scottish Wars and Eastern European tribal ancestors is annoying and off topic. take it to the boxing ring if it's really that important to hash out the historical details of the Lannings stupidity.
THANK YOU!!!!

Return to “Daily Bumps”