Crazy Middles | Crazy Pieces

unionjack
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Crazy Middles | Crazy Pieces

Unread post by unionjack »

Not here to gossip, don't worry, I was just wondering, what everyone thinks about them. :)

I personally think they are lovely, I really enjoy their family dynamics and find it extremely sad, that Miles has to leave yet again, especially since he seemed so overwhelmed with joy about being able to stay this time. :/
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Crazy Middles

Unread post by blackroses »

I was looking for a thread! It's so sad
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Can anyone give me a summary of this family/who they are/what they do? That's a lot of kids. I'm very interested but don't have the time to watch some videos right now to learn about them.
unionjack
Amateur
Amateur

Defuego wrote:Can anyone give me a summary of this family/who they are/what they do? That's a lot of kids. I'm very interested but don't have the time to watch some videos right now to learn about them.
They have a son together, who is now about nine years old, I guess, and Shelly also has an older daughter, who has already moved out and married ans is probably in her early-twenties... Their channel name is due to them deciding, that they want to fill the middle by adopting and reuniting sibling groups, which they started doing roughly seven/eight years ago. by today they have adopted five sibling groups and two boys, who weren't part of a group, and they also seem to have numerous foster kids, which they are however not allowed to show on camera.

Overall they have about twenty kids, including one, who seems to be struggling a lot with his past and is thereby doing some sort of program, and another one, who broke the rule of "No violence" a few years ago and is thereby not living with them anymore (He must have hurt another child of their family (severely), from the little that they have talked about it).
foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

I am liking them. I know the dad is a realtor. The kids are a little wild but they aren't mine.
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

unionjack wrote:
Defuego wrote:Can anyone give me a summary of this family/who they are/what they do? That's a lot of kids. I'm very interested but don't have the time to watch some videos right now to learn about them.
They have a son together, who is now about nine years old, I guess, and Shelly also has an older daughter, who has already moved out and married ans is probably in her early-twenties... Their channel name is due to them deciding, that they want to fill the middle by adopting and reuniting sibling groups, which they started doing roughly seven/eight years ago. by today they have adopted five sibling groups and two boys, who weren't part of a group, and they also seem to have numerous foster kids, which they are however not allowed to show on camera.

Overall they have about twenty kids, including one, who seems to be struggling a lot with his past and is thereby doing some sort of program, and another one, who broke the rule of "No violence" a few years ago and is thereby not living with them anymore (He must have hurt another child of their family (severely), from the little that they have talked about it).
Who was the kid who broke the no violence rule?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

unionjack wrote:Not here to gossip, don't worry, I was just wondering, what everyone thinks about them. :)

I personally think they are lovely, I really enjoy their family dynamics and find it extremely sad, that Miles has to leave yet again, especially since he seemed so overwhelmed with joy about being able to stay this time. :/
I really like watching this family. I don’t know how the parents stay sane with some many children lol so major props to them!

I have a soft spot for Mason, he is so sweet!

unionjack
Amateur
Amateur

chatty wrote:

So do I, he seems genuinely sweet and gentle, and sometimes it feels a little as though he has to prove himself as part of the Landon/Jacob/Mason trio.

Also, it was Jonathan, Destiny's and Cynthia's brother, who broke the rule.
lara77
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lara77 »

chatty wrote:
unionjack wrote:Not here to gossip, don't worry, I was just wondering, what everyone thinks about them. :)

I really like watching this family. I don’t know how the parents stay sane with some many children lol so major props to them!

I have a soft spot for Mason and Jacob. How cute can little boys be (a lot apparently :D ). Spencer is a sweetheart too.

I have been binge watching for a while and I hope I don't get bashed for it but there is something, I can't quite put my finger on it, not right. Sometimes, the children are smiling but their eyes call for help. I think it might be because they are Mormons, they have that "turn it off" smile but it makes me feel uncomfortable.

I have also a feeling that the children are used for views (and I must be a part of the problem because I watch, shame on me :? ). It is obvious sometimes that they don't want to be on camera. And when the kids are crying in front of the camera (like Jacob after visiting his sister, one of the girls - Aubrey?- had a earache or Lizzy when they were switching rooms), it makes me feel really uncomfortable to see. They might pretend it's to show the reality of adoption, but it's for views and it is disrespectful of the children. Sometimes, I just feel my heart break and the urge to cuddle the child and the mother is just there filming them, with her creepy high pitched voice or silently...

In addition to that, they barely seem to know anything about the children, they let them run wild and those poor kids seem quite desperate for attention.

I should feel ashamed to bitch about them, I know they really do an admirable thing to help keep siblings together (and it actually made me realise adopting siblings is something I would like to do) and adopt older children but I really have a gut feeling it isn't the house of happiness they are trying to picture in their video (I hope I am wrong obviously)
lara77
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lara77 »

Like here when the dad was saying that he said no to Jacob coming at first, his face falls then he catch himself and smile again

Or Mason talking about his birthday ...

Also their biological son gives me a Dudley Dursley vibe as far as being spoilt and bratty.

There are tons of other moments. I don't say anything bad happens, but I don't think they have the time to make sure all those children are happy and the mother comes across as being more into having footage than caring about the children emotional well being.

I realise I come across as quite negative, I wish I was proved wrong but it is a strong feeling I have. Those children are still probably better there than in their biological family or an institution, I'm sure
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

lara77 wrote:Like here when the dad was saying that he said no to Jacob coming at first, his face falls then he catch himself and smile again

Or Mason talking about his birthday ...

Also their biological son gives me a Dudley Dursley vibe as far as being spoilt and bratty.

There are tons of other moments. I don't say anything bad happens, but I don't think they have the time to make sure all those children are happy and the mother comes across as being more into having footage than caring about the children emotional well being.

I realise I come across as quite negative, I wish I was proved wrong but it is a strong feeling I have. Those children are still probably better there than in their biological family or an institution, I'm sure
Honestly, I kind of get where you’re coming from. A lot of the time when the kids are crying the mom will carry on recording and ask them what’s wrong and console them by saying it’s ok it’s ok... where as my natural instinct (even as a viewer) is to just give them a big hug!!

But for the most part I do feel like the kids enjoy the vlogging.

Lmao at the Dudley Dursley comparison that cracked me up!!

Thanks for clearing up the thing about Jonathan. I haven’t actually watched that far back so I don’t know a lot about him.

Harlan seems quite quiet and well behaved, he’s always in the background I’d like to see more of him.

abragella
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by abragella »

There are a few things that bother me too. I can't blame the kids for being so wild though, how will they get attention if they aren't. I feel like their situation is a double-edged sword because on one hand there is no way the kids get the attention they need with so many siblings but on the other hand, if they were in other placements their lives may be less stable and they most likely would be separated from their biological siblings.
I kind of have to give a little break to their biological son because it's clear he's the way he is because he's given possession and bought things to compensate that he has to share time with like 15 other kids. I remember one video the dad said Landen thought he was a foster kid for 3 years. The fact that it took them 3 years to find out he thought this is pretty telling.
lara77
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lara77 »

Also, I feel like the kids feel like they have to behave and be perfect or they will be sent away. there is a snitching atmosphere. What will they do if Landon is violent or do drugs? Send him away? I think that the dad (he was adopted apparently) loves the idea to foster and adopt children, but then, the kids are just thrown in the mass and barely have any attention and are expected to be smiling and obedient. And entertaining for the Moms videos. They remind me of the Shaytard how the mom encourage them to be wild and do dumb things to have good footage.

They are in a stable home, but some kids struggle quite obviously (Harlan, Miles, Spencer, Addison, Mason sometimes...) and I think they will have problems later. The kids are accessories to the big family instead of being 22 individuals worthy of attention.

I honestly wish each and every of these children a happy life.
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

I actually think most of them seem pretty happy and they do seem like good parents too.

I just don’t like the ‘performing’ for the camera part - particularly if they are sad/crying.

Spillthattea
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Spillthattea »

lara77 wrote:Also, I feel like the kids feel like they have to behave and be perfect or they will be sent away. there is a snitching atmosphere. What will they do if Landon is violent or do drugs? Send him away? I think that the dad (he was adopted apparently) loves the idea to foster and adopt children, but then, the kids are just thrown in the mass and barely have any attention and are expected to be smiling and obedient. And entertaining for the Moms videos. They remind me of the Shaytard how the mom encourage them to be wild and do dumb things to have good footage.

They are in a stable home, but some kids struggle quite obviously (Harlan, Miles, Spencer, Addison, Mason sometimes...) and I think they will have problems later. The kids are accessories to the big family instead of being 22 individuals worthy of attention.

I honestly wish each and every of these children a happy life.
You've made a good point in regards to Landon, he's their biological son right? I have adopted cousins and my Aunty and Uncle went into the adoption/fostering process with the expectation that the children weren't going to assimilate into the family with ease and were fully aware that they may have behavioural issues that they were wholeheartedly willing to help them with and get them help for in the same way they would their biological children. Is the child who was sent away in any of the older vlogs? I haven't been watching for very long and am still working out who is who.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Tapatalk
lara77
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lara77 »

Yes, Landon is their biological son.

I think Jonathan (who was thrown out -well actually sent to a family member) was in a vlog later where he had lunch with the mother (Shelly?) . He seemed alright enough but you can't really tell in the 15 seconds he was on screen and you definitely can't tell how he felt inside to have been abandoned again.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Snarkadoodle Doo »

These guys showed up in my suggested videos a few weeks ago and I binged a good amount. Seems like a fun enough family, though I also understand where you all are coming from, in that it seems like the kids are always performing for the camera. There is very little that happens that seems natural or unscripted unless it's with the little little ones who don't understand the concept of acting. Overall, even though I think the family seems to have a ridiculous amount of energy that would overstimulate me in a second, I think they have to e at least an ok family as they re regularly inspected as foster and adoptive parents and pass every time. With all those kids, it would be awfully hard to manipulate that situation to the point it would need to be manipulated in order to pass if you should otherwise fail. Not with the amount of energy those kids have. The thing I think bothers me a bit is that it seems like once a kid moves out for whatever reason, they are just cut off. They have a son (Spencer's brother) Weston who decided to stay back in whatever town they just moved from to finish his senior year. Now I understand that he's 18 and legally an adult so he can make that decision, but they never talk about him, never visit, never have him over to the new hose, and they removed all of his social media links from their videos, where they have the other kids listed (and he used to be). I have othEr things i could say, but I don't want to write a book (this time haha) but overall I do like the family and ended up subscribing so I could see more.
:angel: RIP Mom 3/16/2019 - Cancer Sucks :angel:
lara77
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lara77 »

Just to be sure, because I am not sure I was clear

-I do believe the kids live in a safe house, they are fed and not victims of any abuse. The parents seems to love them and buy everything they need.

What I have a problem with is

- The lack of attention.
- The acting in front of the camera
- The mother let the kids hit each other, bully each other, climb everywhere, do dangerous stuff. She even seems to encourage it to have good footage. I know kids will be kids but climbing the house from outside or swinging axes around should not be encouraged.
- The kids are not really home. Only Landon is safe. The others are supposed to fit in the house and not show their suffering in any way. And then the parents move to the next foster children they will take in.
-They have favourites. It is quite obvious.
- Showing the children being distressed on camera is a big no no. And the fact she barely ever comfort them (on camera at least) really bothers me. There are so many moments you can see the children are upset by something but the mom just keeps on filming, laughing or ignoring them. The kids are just expected to smile and be cute.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Snarkadoodle Doo »

I agree on all of that. I don't think they are unsafe.

But it does hurt my heart that they know these kids come from some difficult backgrounds, yet it seems like they aren't even allowed to talk about it at all. I understand having rules. I'm all for it actually. But, in cases where these kids have already been abandoned by one set of parents, why would you adopt them and then tell them that there is the potential to be abandoned again by another set? I don't care how important they say the "unforgivable" rules are, if it was Landon who did it, they would never disown him and kick him out.

You're right that they have favorites though. It's glaringly obvious. They even make the kids pick favorites. If you've seen any of the "My life as..." Videos where the kids talk about their favorite colors, food, songs, etc. they also pick a favorite sibling. It makes me so sad because most of these kids have grown up feeling unloved and unwanted. Now you're going to instigate it when they aren't picked as the favorite?
:angel: RIP Mom 3/16/2019 - Cancer Sucks :angel:
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:I agree on all of that. I don't think they are unsafe.

But it does hurt my heart that they know these kids come from some difficult backgrounds, yet it seems like they aren't even allowed to talk about it at all. I understand having rules. I'm all for it actually. But, in cases where these kids have already been abandoned by one set of parents, why would you adopt them and then tell them that there is the potential to be abandoned again by another set? I don't care how important they say the "unforgivable" rules are, if it was Landon who did it, they would never disown him and kick him out.

You're right that they have favorites though. It's glaringly obvious. They even make the kids pick favorites. If you've seen any of the "My life as..." Videos where the kids talk about their favorite colors, food, songs, etc. they also pick a favorite sibling. It makes me so sad because most of these kids have grown up feeling unloved and unwanted. Now you're going to instigate it when they aren't picked as the favorite?

Interestingly I found this comment when I was watching videos about Jonathan and why he left.

Return to “A-H”