Parsnips and Parsimony

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Parsnips and Parsimony

Unread post by dahell »

weed wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:46 pm They say that they haven't been vlogging much because they are sick ... yet again., These pepe are always sick! Incredible, considering how they are so smug about eating well and NOT getting sick. Janelle is on gain about HER stuff. It is MY plants, MY compost, MY trees etc. Funny how it is HER compost, yet Art gets to do all the work with it. LOL

Janelle and the mother-in-law got to take Daniel to a party for the afternoon, while Art was left with ALL the other kids when he was obviously as sick as a dog. Real fair Janelle! Art needs to grow a backbone.
Interestingly, it looks like they lost a few subscribers when they came out with that “we’ve been sick and haven’t been filming much” video. I hope they don’t rely on their channel too much for income because it’s suuuper lackluster.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

They are super boring lately and so far behind real time that it isn't really worth looking at their vlogs very often. I personally hate all their gardening vlogs as it is the same thing every single time.

I've said it so many times, but it is really annoying to me how they refuse to get their kids medical help. Lydia's and John's teeth are appalling, but apparently Chastity was the only one lucky enough to get braces. Mary needs serious speech intervention.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

Wow! They have finally finally finally done something about John's teeth! Poor kid had to wait long enough, but at least they are addressing it now by getting him braces. I hope they don't wait as long for poor Lydia's to be seen to. I haven't noticed Peter's, so I think they must be OK.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

This is from their Facebook page:

"Art has been VERY BUSY spending a week painting and remodeling the inside of his shop so things have been slow in the YouTube department since I'm watching kids FULL TIME while Art is finishing up his shop."

Why does Janelle refer to herself as "watching kids FULL TIME"? Isn't that what most mothers do ALL the time? is it so hard for her to "watch" them FULL TIME?????? I don't know any other mother who would refer to themselves as "watching" their OWN kids and make such a fuss about it being FULL TIME!!

She really has absolutely NO idea about life!!!
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

weed wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:39 am This is from their Facebook page:

"Art has been VERY BUSY spending a week painting and remodeling the inside of his shop so things have been slow in the YouTube department since I'm watching kids FULL TIME while Art is finishing up his shop."

Why does Janelle refer to herself as "watching kids FULL TIME"? Isn't that what most mothers do ALL the time? is it so hard for her to "watch" them FULL TIME?????? I don't know any other mother who would refer to themselves as "watching" their OWN kids and make such a fuss about it being FULL TIME!!

She really has absolutely NO idea about life!!!
That’s truly bizarre but I guess not surprising from Janelle. Geez Louise. She’s definitely not living in a normal reality for most stay at home moms. I’m surprised she didn’t make him bring kids with while trying to “remodel” his shop. 🙄
YouTube Nonsense

Unread post by YouTube Nonsense »

Why does she insist on dragging the ENTIRE family on every outing? If you can’t handle basic errands without your spouse, why do you have 8 KIDS?
The post today was an eye roller. She says it’ll take her 2 years to use one, tiny bag of Almond Flour.
Two years? Seriously?
If you’re using it that infrequently, that means you’re eating that bulk, processed and/or wheat flour you’re always buying, the majority of the time.
So what’s the point in even buying the Almond flour in the first place?
I think the whole post was her usual, look-at-me bullsh*t, so she could go on and on about her diet.
It’s always about Janelle. As usual.... 🙄
YouTube Nonsense

weed wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:13 pm It drives ME crazy how they say every day is a CRAZY day! For goodness sake! When you really analyse what they do every day it is no different to what any other family does in regards to the amount of running around they do. In fact, they have the luxury of having Art there WHENEVER Janelle wants him, they have no running kids around to school and after school activities and they never ever stick to a schedule at all. How many families have that? I think their days are far less "crazy" than that of the

Their time management seems to be non-existent. Those poor little kids don't have a clue what a schedule is and I am a firm believer that children thrive on routine. No wonder the "little girls" are constantly not napping and sleeping at night when they should be.

Janelle drives me crazy with the way she pronounces "and". She says aaaannnndddd ALL THE TIME! Petty ... yes ... but it is SO annoying.

I never gave it much thought, but your comment about sugar is very true. for a family who pride themselves on being healthy eaters, they do eat an awful lot of sugar. They also eat far too much cheap and fatty meat too. How much fruit do those kids get? Doesn't seem to be a lot. I've seen them all share a punnet of strawberries between them ... one each for their daily fruit allowance?
I’ve got an even more annoying one for you - her constant use of the word “but.”
Except she doesn’t say but, she says BUH. She drops her Ts.
“We’re having a crazy day. BUH! We’re making bread to go with lunch. BUH! We’re having salad, too!”
However, she only does it when she’s talking by herself to the camera. It’s pure performance.
It’s the Janelle show! 🙄
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

She is ALWAYS talking about herself, so nothing different there. LOL Janelle is definitely the centre of Janelle's world, for sure. I suspect that she was her parent's little princess when growing up, and really doted on. Her mother seems as controlling as Janelle to be honest, and the fact that she homeschooled her many years ago when it probably wasn't as popular speaks volumes to me.

As for the almond flour, did anyone else noice how her answer to Art's query about what she used it for was all about her as well? She uses it when SHE needs something special to eat ... her kids don't factor in that at all.

I feel so sorry for the kids. They are so isolated from society and they travel in a pack all the time. N room for any individuality in that family. Total control from those parents is the word of the day!

Poor Art ... remodelling his shop and then having to come home and take her shopping. He really is a saint. of course there is not one word about her helping him with the shop refurbishment at all.

I suspect that Janelle is finding it harder now that Charity isn't around as much, because of her job at the library.
YouTube Nonsense

gibberish wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:36 am [quote=weed post_id=<a href="tel:1347168">1347168</a> time=<a href="tel:1552206387">1552206387</a> user_id=23068]
[quote=dahell post_id=<a href="tel:1346746">1346746</a> time=<a href="tel:1552161538">1552161538</a> user_id=28641]
[quote=weed post_id=<a href="tel:1346373">1346373</a> time=<a href="tel:1552112985">1552112985</a> user_id=23068]
Thank you! I have viewed it now. I thought it was a bit mean of Janelle to record her opening the letter in their vlog. Poor kid was rejected live on YouTube. I would have given her some privacy and then talked about it when she was over the initial disappointment.
Oh gosh, I didn’t see that. I don’t think that’s right either.
[/quote]

It was at the beginning of their latest vlog, not Charity's one.
[/quote]
Charity published her explanation on her channel ALoopandAHook on March 7, 2019. The letter opening vlog was published on the Parsnips channel a full day later on March 8, 2019.
[/quote]
weed wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:11 pm She is ALWAYS talking about herself, so nothing different there. LOL Janelle is definitely the centre of Janelle's world, for sure. I suspect that she was her parent's little princess when growing up, and really doted on. Her mother seems as controlling as Janelle to be honest, and the fact that she homeschooled her many years ago when it probably wasn't as popular speaks volumes to me.

As for the almond flour, did anyone else noice how her answer to Art's query about what she used it for was all about her as well? She uses it when SHE needs something special to eat ... her kids don't factor in that at all.

I feel so sorry for the kids. They are so isolated from society and they travel in a pack all the time. N room for any individuality in that family. Total control from those parents is the word of the day!

Poor Art ... remodelling his shop and then having to come home and take her shopping. He really is a saint. of course there is not one word about her helping him with the shop refurbishment at all.

I suspect that Janelle is finding it harder now that Charity isn't around as much, because of her job at the library.
More of the Janelle show today. Art has been “remodeling” his shop.
(I don’t think they understand the meaning of the word; moving some crap around and adding some shelves is NOT remodeling.)
But who is hogging the camera to talk about it? Janelle, of course.
She couldn’t possibly let Art talk about his own business.
I wonder who came up with the teaching instrument repair idea. It’s kind of a shooting yourself in the foot move, don’t you think? If you’re eeking out a paltry living repairing instruments, how does it benefit you to show your customers how to do YOUR job??
Showing local, school band directors is perhaps the most alarming part of the plan.
I can imagine the schools (which seem to be their main source of seasonal income) will start having their band directors do their own repairs for a yearly stipend. Schools will cut costs anywhere they can if it’s possible.
I’m guessing the new gimmick was thought up by Janelle. It’s an extremely short-sided, business killing plan. 🙄
The chemo care bags were delivered.
I wonder if Janelle even mentions to the recipients of her chemo bags that she didn’t pay for any of it? Is she taking credit and not mentioning her viewers footed the bill?
Wouldn’t surprise me.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

Of course Janelle has to take centre stage. After all it is ALL about her! LOL

Did anyone else notice how she felt referring to everything in the shop as OURS and WE are doing this and We are doing that? Yet in the house it is always I ME MINE? when was the last time SHE had anything to do with selling or fixing instruments? that is all about Art, yet she had to poke her nose in and insist that it is a team effort in there.

That shop is an absolute disaster and no amount of painting or shifting furniture around will save it. It looks like something that should be torn down. I don't know how on earth he ever makes a living from it as he is never there and never seems to have any customers. And why on earth would he allow himself to accumulate s many instruments? If they bothered to sell them (which by he way they have been saying they will do for years but never quite get around to it ... so I'm reluctant to think that they will this time) they could make a lot of money. for a family that is so focused on saving money I really fail to understand why they never quite get around to selling any of them. I would think that would be an absolute priority for them.

Their grand plan of teaching people to six instruments sounds like "pie in the sky" stuff to me too. Not at all practical and they are dreaming to think that anyone will come to learn anything in a shop like that.

It really made me angry to hear them talk about spreading the joy of music to other people too. They certainly don't spread it to their own kids! charity plays a little p[iano and there was talk of Lydia starting, but we never see either of them at the keyboard. In one vlog someone gave Art a kid's violin and there was absolutely no encouragement for any of those kids to touch it. They have so many instruments and could very easily have most of those kids learning music, but there is absolutely no inclination to expose them to it at all. Art WORKS in the industry and I can' understand why it means so little to them that they won't allow their own children to have the joy of playing.

Janelle said a few times how she wanted to be a concert pianist. her skills on the piano as so far from any sort of competence in that direction that it is beyond laughable. She has an EXTREMELY inflated opinion of her own skills and is not even an average player, but at least she could sit down and give her kids a basic knowledge of the keyboard. Yet there is nothing.

Sorry for the rant, but playing music is important in my life and I hate to see those poor kids missing out when they have everything they need right there for them and still refuse to give them the opportunity to learn to play something!! they would rather spend their time running around chasing cheap chicken bargains at the grocery shop instead of giving their kids experiences.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

I’ll jump in on the “pet peeves”. When Janelle says “Sa-er-day....I think she basically drops the “t”. And, yes, “crazy day”. Wha?? What did you think it would be like with a large family. Seems far from what I’d consider “crazy” but I’m sure there’s a lot going on and a lot to do.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

I don't think she is very bright, in spite of the very high opinion she has of herself.
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

Oh, does Charity have a job at the library? Good for her. Maybe she will meet a "special someone" out there in the world who can show her some different perspective.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

Many of these YouTube matriarch figures seem to have made themselves the kings of their particular little hill. anyone who doesn't tow the line is removed from their lives. while I get it to a point, it seems their children are forced to also live in the small (and seemingly shrinking) worlds their mothers have created.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

That's what really makes me mad. these people choose this life for themselves, but they are really depriving their children in so many ways. Janelle and Art's kids must be very socially inept and will struggle to support themselves in years to come because they have no idea about the real world. Even Charity's job is just a few metres down the street in a library where she most likely doesn't come into contact with many people. The family spends a lot of their time there anyway, soI"m sure that she is still under Janelle and Art's watchful eyes while at work. I hope that she is making a decent amount of money to set her up for nursing school though, as her parents sure aren't helping her at all with that.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

I would not be surprised if some of her library job money goes to support the family neither of her parents seem to want to support. Or suddenly even though she's a minor she'll have to pay rent or pay "her share" of the bills.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

You're probably right, poor kid!

I wish Janelle would stop poking her fingers into all the food! It is so unhygienic.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

Janelle really is an idiot. She was talking about the kids taking tests and when Mary excitedly asked if she could take one, Janelle replied that she would be taking it next year and asked if she was nervous about that. Why oh why would you plant the idea in a five year old's head that she should be nervous about taking a test, particularly one which is more than a year away?
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

So now they have bought another violin? They never let the kids learn violin when they had the last one, so why get another one? Those poor kids will never have the chance to have a single lesson for it.

Art's shop is looking much better ... about time though. It was in a disgusting mess.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

Once again they are out buying crap and trawling garage sites. I thought they ere trying to cut down on buying things from those and trying to declutter instead of bringing more junk into the house? Janelle is SO over-excited at the thought of getting cheap things. She is practically running to get there. Poor kids looked so bored. Why do they insist on bringing the bigger ones with them if they obviously don't want to be there?

Art seems to think that these classes he is going to run will be very successful. I'll believe that when I see it.

Return to “I-P”