Joyful Chaos

caseofwanderlust97
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Joyful Chaos

Unread post by caseofwanderlust97 »

Hoping it's okay that I started this topic. I haven't seen one yet and saw a lot of people commenting about her on her sister's forum, This Gathered Nest. For those of you who aren't familiar... Ashleigh Wilson is Angela Braniff of This Gathered Nest older sister. She and her husband, Peter, have six biological children whom they homeschool. They're Torah Observant Christians and also live in the Charlotte, NC area. Ashleigh is a stay at home mom and Peter works for a musical instrument company and is transitioning to become a realtor.
Lennmama
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Joyful Chaos

Unread post by Lennmama »

I watch her and generally like her content (although I find her "homeschooling" a little questionable). I really enjoyed her video on their religion -- it's fascinating to me, and I'd never heard of it before.

Sent from my Moto X Play using Tapatalk
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I also liked her video on her religion! I never ever would have guessed they were sisters had I not known going into watching her videos. I wonder hat their younger sister is like?
Lennmama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lennmama »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:I also liked her video on her religion! I never ever would have guessed they were sisters had I not known going into watching her videos. I wonder hat their younger sister is like?
If I'm remembering correctly, I think they've said that their younger sister is very college/career-oriented and doesn't want children. Interesting family!

Sent from my Moto X Play using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I really miss her videos.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

Did she ever say goodbye or address why she was going to stop posting?
caseofwanderlust97
Amateur
Amateur

GetYouTubesTied wrote:Did she ever say goodbye or address why she was going to stop posting?
She made mention that she had done some soul searching, for lack of a better term, and had decided that frequently posting videos would be too time consuming and that it interrupted her time with her family. She said she wasn't done posting videos, but would probably only be posting a couple of times per month. I believe she mentioned this on Instagram. She does post somewhat frequently on there. The username is @joyfulchaosmama
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

Thanks for clarifying!
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

Did anyone see her recent Instagram post about Alice? She is saying that Alice has been struggling lately with her behavior and emotions because of "womb trauma." Ummm...what? All kids go through rough patches regardless of what happened at their birth. I feel like she's projecting her own feelings on to her child. Usually I like a lot of what she says but this rubs me the wrong way.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Thats the way I understood what she said and I rolled my eyes. Alice doesn't remember nor would she act out now because of this.....that sounded like some weird hippie voodoo stuff to me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
caseofwanderlust97
Amateur
Amateur

Baby Wilson #7 is due in December! If the beginning of her pregnancy this time around is similar to her pregnancy with Hazel where she's very tired I wouldn't be surprised if it's the main reason she hasn't been posting. She made mention a while back she had a goal of posting two videos this month... hasn't happened. I'm hoping she'll post a pregnancy announcement once soon. *Fingers crossed*
itsme180
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by itsme180 »

There hasn't been much activity here for quite a while.

Anyways baby Ruby is growing up pretty fast, i'm guessing in about a year Ash will be pregnant again...I mean she has to keep up with her sister right?
They've just moved into a new house, much smaller than the one before so we shall see how all that plays out.
Anyways thoughts? I feel like lately she's become so much more confident?
ava11
Amateur
Amateur

Joyful Chaos

Unread post by ava11 »

I really don’t like her. Her facial expressions are annoying, the baby is absolutely ugly (sorry not sorry) and her whole life is just too boring to vlog.

Odoslané z môjho iPhone cez Tapatalk
haterade
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by haterade »

I actually like that she respects her children's privacy enough to limit vlogging, but the whole newborn obsession along with her holier than thou attitude is very off-putting. She also bears an UNCANNY resemblance to comedian Cameron Esposito, so much that it's a little unsettling ImageImage[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201909 ... 736a8b.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

apmfacebook93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by apmfacebook93 »

haterade wrote:I actually like that she respects her children's privacy enough to limit vlogging, but the whole newborn obsession along with her holier than thou attitude is very off-putting. She also bears an UNCANNY resemblance to comedian Cameron Esposito, so much that it's a little unsettling ImageImage[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201909 ... 736a8b.jpg[/IMG]

This is creepy! I 110% thought this WAS her with a new haircut. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

Someone mentioned Pete not sticking to a career path in Angela's thread. Is he not a realtor anymore? I thought he was doing both? I unfollowed a while back so I could have missed something.
brytbratbar
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by brytbratbar »

So Ashleigh started vlogging again. I remember she used to vlog a ton but stopped due to her kid’s privacy I think. Now she’s only going to film the kids who are fine with being filmed, and the moments that they are ok with being filmed. They’re children though so I don’t feel that they can truly consent to being filmed. I think they live at a dead end but ruby running into the road and her sister running after her while Ashleigh just stood there was pretty frightening to me. If filming takes up so much of your attention that you don’t notice your 1 yr old so far away than you shouldn’t be filming. She visited her friend who just had a baby and was sad that because of the pandemic she couldn’t kiss his chunky cheeks. Uhhhh pandemic or not you shouldn’t be kissing babies other than your own.
haterade
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by haterade »

brytbratbar wrote:So Ashleigh started vlogging again. I remember she used to vlog a ton but stopped due to her kid’s privacy I think. Now she’s only going to film the kids who are fine with being filmed, and the moments that they are ok with being filmed. They’re children though so I don’t feel that they can truly consent to being filmed. I think they live at a dead end but ruby running into the road and her sister running after her while Ashleigh just stood there was pretty frightening to me. If filming takes up so much of your attention that you don’t notice your 1 yr old so far away than you shouldn’t be filming. She visited her friend who just had a baby and was sad that because of the pandemic she couldn’t kiss his chunky cheeks. Uhhhh pandemic or not you shouldn’t be kissing babies other than your own.
She also attended said friend's birth during all of this. I think she's vlogging again and posting frequently in an attempt to be able to keep Peter home ImageImage

itsme180
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by itsme180 »

She's back to Vlogging again. I hadn't followed her in quite a while and just started following her again as she's posting quite regularly. In fact I just finished watching her video that she posted today of her visiting Angie's farm. And at the end of the video she says to her followers to pray for her big dreams or whatever so my guess is she's envious of Angie's farm life and now wants to move to a place like that. Even though it hasn't been that long since she moved to her new house plus I thought they were trying to live debt free?
I'm quite shocked she's not pregnant tbh
howdidigetintothis
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by howdidigetintothis »

itsme180 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:04 pm She's back to Vlogging again. I hadn't followed her in quite a while and just started following her again as she's posting quite regularly. In fact I just finished watching her video that she posted today of her visiting Angie's farm. And at the end of the video she says to her followers to pray for her big dreams or whatever so my guess is she's envious of Angie's farm life and now wants to move to a place like that. Even though it hasn't been that long since she moved to her new house plus I thought they were trying to live debt free?
I'm quite shocked she's not pregnant tbh
Yeah, Ashleigh would normally be due for a "surprise" since Ruby's almost two. That would be an especially interesting development now since that would make them ineligible to become foster parents since there can be no more than eight children (including potential fosters) living in the home. I truly think Ashleigh's heart is/was in that, even if she was overly idealistic about it.

I would normally be fascinated by another pregnancy, but I don't know how much more of her crunchiness I can take. Her statement that "babies know how to be born" in her story about Jasper's birth really rubbed me the wrong way, especially since I'm someone who wouldn't be here if it weren't for medical intervention on the fly. My mom's labor failed to progress and slowed down, and the medical staff who performed the emergency c-section found me stuck wedged in her pelvis and in distress. I was so large and my mom's pelvis was so small that would have been physically impossible for me to pass through. Literally the only issue was that I was too big, and it could have killed one or both of us.

Return to “I-P”