Bonnie Hoellein: No Ads Make Mama Mad | Part 14

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: No Ads Make Mama Mad | Part 14

Unread post by calliepaige »

I wonder if it’s still near Ellie lol

People are definitely picking up on the buying land thing in the comments too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

kathpt wrote: Anyways, what the hell was today's vlog?
Also, is it normal for Olivia to spell words that incorrectly at 8 years old?
Eight-year-olds obviously develop their spelling skills at different levels and some are just naturally better at it. However, Olivia's spelling is definitely on the lower end for her age and grade level. I would say it's something she probably naturally struggles with. I doubt Bonnie would ever notice it on her own and some teachers are not proactive about letting the parents know their kids need to work on it at home. I don't doubt that her teachers in first or second grade have advised Bonnie to work with Olivia on her spelling and writing. If it was solely the fault of how teachers teach spelling now, then most kids would be that behind at her age, which is not the case.

I think it's fair to discuss because it reflects on whether Bonnie is taking the initiative as a mom to help her daughter with something she struggles with. Just like how people discuss Calvin's speech delay and how Ellie & Jared are seemingly ignoring it.
I don't think you meant it to be rude! Also, as someone who is currently a student teacher, I did notice her spelling in this vlog as well as the iPhone vlog.
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

kirsti13 wrote:
GymChick wrote:Lmao couldn’t help myself to rewatch to capture the cringe. She thinks she so hot too with her lashes and hair extensions blinking and smiling for the camera lol it’s just blah [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... ad0c37.jpg[/img]

She was holding back tears, she definitely bought that land, a little sneak peek . Wish she woulda eleBorated on it lol

Got to have her ice palace like Ellie.

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

kathpt wrote:
Constructive criticism is all this forum is full of. Learn how to read, hypocrite.

Anyways, what the hell was today's vlog?

I was wondering the same thing when I saw her spelling on the chalkboard. It was odd to me, I thought "buy" and "phone" we simple words a child should know at that age.
By the way, I don't believe this is picking on Olivia. We're not saying anything bad about her. To me it shows a lot about Mormon area schools and even about her parents. But Joel thinks oatmeal is spelled oatmill, so...these kids might not excell in spelling. But remember, education for those with uteruses isn't important because they're just here to raise babies.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

snowbaby95 wrote:
kathpt wrote: Anyways, what the hell was today's vlog?
Eight-year-olds obviously develop their spelling skills at different levels and some are just naturally better at it. However, Olivia's spelling is definitely on the lower end for her age and grade level. I would say it's something she probably naturally struggles with. I doubt Bonnie would ever notice it on her own and some teachers are not proactive about letting the parents know their kids need to work on it at home. I don't doubt that her teachers in first or second grade have advised Bonnie to work with Olivia on her spelling and writing. If it was solely the fault of how teachers teach spelling now, then most kids would be that behind at her age, which is not the case.

I think it's fair to discuss because it reflects on whether Bonnie is taking the initiative as a mom to help her daughter with something she struggles with. Just like how people discuss Calvin's speech delay and how Ellie & Jared are seemingly ignoring it.
I don't think you meant it to be rude! Also, as someone who is currently a student teacher, I did notice her spelling in this vlog as well as the iPhone vlog.
Do you work in Utah? I have cousins that live in Ogden, and their children are definitely about a year behind my children in curriculum. It's different to observe a delay in a child's NATURAL DEVELOPMENT as people have in Calvin, because there are fewer external influences and factors at play. A typical toddler should be speaking more by now, or should be more engaging. Many of us have parented a child and have seen what they are able to pick up on naturally, and it gives pause when you see a child that has just somehow not been able to. Even with Ellie and Jared being self-absorbed morons, Calvin should have learned more from the brother he is with observing 24/7. I mean, look at Lincoln. Is he getting that much more attention and 1 on 1 instruction from his parents?

Olivia is different because we have no information about when they even started spelling in school. Like someone else said, if they are following the new standards and are beginning with sight words, then spelling doesn't even come into play until somewhere around grade 2/3/4 depending on the group they are in. A good classroom will divide the children into a reading or spelling level based on there ability. While some kids may excel at spelling naturally, others will not. I'm actually disheartened to see a student teacher so willing to judge an 8 year old publicly. You should know better than anyone that children are all different and learn at different rates, or that some teachers just are better than others.

I get the desire to blame Bonnie for this, but its entirely possible given how poor the spelling seems to be of literally any UT vlogger I've seen, that Olivia is actually ahead of her peers. We may think she's behind our children, but who is to say she's actually behind the other kids in the UT bubble? People give feedback here all the time and get annoyed that Bonnie won't listen. Being unnecessarily critical of the children just seems like a bit much to me, and we definitely shouldn't expect a YTer to listen to any feedback we have to say once we've bullied their children.

Like someone else said, there is more to talk about.
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

BadWolf wrote: Do you work in Utah? I have cousins that live in Ogden, and their children are definitely about a year behind my children in curriculum. It's different to observe a delay in a child's NATURAL DEVELOPMENT as people have in Calvin, because there are fewer external influences and factors at play. A typical toddler should be speaking more by now, or should be more engaging. Many of us have parented a child and have seen what they are able to pick up on naturally, and it gives pause when you see a child that has just somehow not been able to. Even with Ellie and Jared being self-absorbed morons, Calvin should have learned more from the brother he is with observing 24/7. I mean, look at Lincoln. Is he getting that much more attention and 1 on 1 instruction from his parents?

Olivia is different because we have no information about when they even started spelling in school. Like someone else said, if they are following the new standards and are beginning with sight words, then spelling doesn't even come into play until somewhere around grade 2/3/4 depending on the group they are in. A good classroom will divide the children into a reading or spelling level based on there ability. While some kids may excel at spelling naturally, others will not. I'm actually disheartened to see a student teacher so willing to judge an 8 year old publicly. You should know better than anyone that children are all different and learn at different rates, or that some teachers just are better than others.

I get the desire to blame Bonnie for this, but its entirely possible given how poor the spelling seems to be of literally any UT vlogger I've seen, that Olivia is actually ahead of her peers. We may think she's behind our children, but who is to say she's actually behind the other kids in the UT bubble? People give feedback here all the time and get annoyed that Bonnie won't listen. Being unnecessarily critical of the children just seems like a bit much to me, and we definitely shouldn't expect a YTer to listen to any feedback we have to say once we've bullied their children.

Like someone else said, there is more to talk about.
Idk why you got into some whole paragraph about Calvin as if I don't think he is delayed, but I do.
I know there are multiple factors that affect Calvin's speech development. I think saying Ellie & Jared need to get help and work with Calvin on his speech is the same as saying Bonnie needs to help Olivia with her spelling.

I do not work in Utah nor do I know much about how they teach reading and writing, but I do know what level Olivia should be at right now and from what I have observed of her spelling in the vlogs, she is behind. It's simple as that and I answered OP's question about Olivia's spelling level for her age. She obviously has time to improve, but the longer you wait to work on a kid with their reading and spelling, the more they struggle with it throughout their school years.

I'm sorry you think I'm judging her? There is no bad intent on my part. I more so side eye her parents for not recognizing it and working on it. Where was I rude to Olivia about it? Maybe she is ahead of her peers, which I highly doubt, but she is lower than her age level and it is a parent's responsibility to realize this and correct it if the school is not teaching adequately.

Lastly, I literally started my statement saying that all kids learn at different speeds and levels, but said she is certainly behind the average level for her age.

I don't understand why people are so adamant about what can be talked about Bonnie or her children, but they go at other youtube kids just the same?
I really cannot believe you think pointing out that Olivia's speech is behind for her age is bullying.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I think the issue is that it’s subjective whether she’s actually delayed or not. Given what my son learned in her grade and where his peers were and are now (he’s grade 5), she really isn’t that far behind. The kids give each other homemade cards for every birthday party, so I’ve seen most of the boys’ handwriting. My son goes to a private school that is ranked high in our province, so I know his class isn’t behind the curve. I would expect Logan to be however, and this is why I say I don’t think anyone can claim to know whether she’s behind or not. Certainly not to such an extent that she’s “obviously behind.”

OT but it definitely seems like a bad idea to buy property and plan to build just months after almost losing your channel, and at the launch of a new business. I’m sure B&J’s home is paid off, but a new build is going to bring in a new level of lifestyle to maintain, and I fail to see how Joel is going to do that when he ultimately returns to P&G. The whole Ellie envy is just stupid, and it’s a huge mis-step for not only Bonnie, but her channel. She’s going to lose her core audience just as her sister did. Given what Ellie said on Twitter, it sounds like maybe Ellie’s audience isn’t the one she wants to move toward if they are coming to her home. Plus who will be left to buy Bollie swag?!

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

HelloSweetie wrote:I think the issue is that it’s subjective whether she’s actually delayed or not. Given what my son learned in her grade and where his peers were and are now (he’s grade 5), she really isn’t that far behind. The kids give each other homemade cards for every birthday party, so I’ve seen most of the boys’ handwriting. My son goes to a private school that is ranked high in our province, so I know his class isn’t behind the curve. I would expect Logan to be however, and this is why I say I don’t think anyone can claim to know whether she’s behind or not. Certainly not to such an extent that she’s “obviously behind.”

Except it's not subjective whether or not she is behind with her spelling for her age level. I'm saying in my professional opinion she is behind with her spelling and it was evidenced in the vlog by the multiple examples of her spelling.

I just think it's funny people get so defensive about anyone criticizing Bonnie.
I can objectively state that Olivia is behind with her spelling. Anyway, moving on because people clearly aren't going to accept that on here.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I wouldn't be surprised if it was land but why blow a kiss? I'm so confused about that while clip...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

wow if anyone thinks i was judging olivia then i don't even know what to tell you, except i wasn't.
my question didn't imply judgement at all, it was a simple question based on what i've seen from my cousins and from what i remember as a kid. as an 8 year old i knew how to read and spell because it was one of the first things taught where i live, but then again, i dont live in america.
i also remember my parents helping me spell words correctly when i spelled them wrong and reading A LOT of books to see how words are written & how they sound. we also had lessons where teachers would say a paragraph out loud and we'd have to write it down not only to learn how to spell but also grammar.
again, not judging, just trying to understand if it's normal that her spelling is bad, because it is and there is no denying that. but i am NOT blaming anyone let alone a 8 year old.
considering at home is where olivia most likely writes words out of the school plan (im assuming basic words) i don't see any harm in bonnie correcting some of them when she catches them. but then again im no teacher - just saying that because my parents did that and it helped me tremendously.
you can call me kath.
Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

Bethypooh51 wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
Bethypooh51 wrote:If you want to know exactly what Bonnie thinks of her viewers watch today episode. Honestly I have lost ALL respect for her.
Can you elaborate?
She gets a fortune cookie that says “you might lose the small ones but the big ones will stay” might not be correct wording. To me that meant she didn’t care that she was losing her fan base who could not afford her clothing line. Then the way she reacted afterwards was like a big FU to her channel.

I got the same meaning behind her reaction Image

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I definitely saw that fortune cookie clip as a big FU towards the viewers giving her negativity about the clothing line. If not that, something along the lines. I don't know, I just can't enjoy Bonnie as much anymore. I've lost some respect for her. I miss the Bonnie that would upload videos on her lower quality camera while being relatable to her viewers. Now, she doesn't care who can/can't relate to her because atleast she has the $$$. All other opinions are invalid if they don't agree with her. Blah.
MandaPanda74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MandaPanda74 »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:I definitely saw that fortune cookie clip as a big FU towards the viewers giving her negativity about the clothing line. If not that, something along the lines. I don't know, I just can't enjoy Bonnie as much anymore. I've lost some respect for her. I miss the Bonnie that would upload videos on her lower quality camera while being relatable to her viewers. Now, she doesn't care who can/can't relate to her because atleast she has the $$$. All other opinions are invalid if they don't agree with her. Blah.
All of my respect for them is gone, just like the respect we were duped into believing they had for their audience.

Ive been a fan of her channel since it's inception. This won't just go away. They are the idiots they thought we were.
MandaPanda74
Talker
Talker

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:I definitely saw that fortune cookie clip as a big FU towards the viewers giving her negativity about the clothing line. If not that, something along the lines. I don't know, I just can't enjoy Bonnie as much anymore. I've lost some respect for her. I miss the Bonnie that would upload videos on her lower quality camera while being relatable to her viewers. Now, she doesn't care who can/can't relate to her because atleast she has the $$$. All other opinions are invalid if they don't agree with her. Blah.
All of my respect for them is gone, just like the respect we were duped into believing they had for their audience.

Ive been a fan of her channel since it's inception. This won't just go away. They are the idiots they thought we were.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Wow. Blocking people from the brand Twitter is such a childish move. You can do that when you're a YouTuber and don't care what "haters" think. But when you are trying to get customers and build your brand, you can't be having tantrums. Didn't Ellie say in her Walmart rant that "the customer is always right"? Apparently that only applies if _she_ is the customer...

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

lmmomSD wrote:Wow. Blocking people from the brand Twitter is such a childish move. You can do that when you're a YouTuber and don't care what "haters" think. But when you are trying to get customers and build your brand, you can't be having tantrums. Didn't Ellie say in her Walmart rant that "the customer is always right"? Apparently that only applies if _she_ is the customer...

Good point you bring up about Ellie in that infamous walmart vlog. She said they were so rude to her and even went as far as to tell a manager. Now she turned into the asshole worker. (Not saying that worker even did anything wrong).
MandaPanda74
Talker
Talker

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Wow. Blocking people from the brand Twitter is such a childish move. You can do that when you're a YouTuber and don't care what "haters" think. But when you are trying to get customers and build your brand, you can't be having tantrums. Didn't Ellie say in her Walmart rant that "the customer is always right"? Apparently that only applies if _she_ is the customer...

Good point you bring up about Ellie in that infamous walmart vlog. She said they were so rude to her and even went as far as to tell a manager. Now she turned into the asshole worker. (Not saying that worker even did anything wrong).
They are being absurd. A small part of me wishes their channel would take a HUGE hit.. I am not gonna go down quietly. We can't let them just sweep it under the rug.
What they are doing and trying to get away with is wrong!

Also, I read somewhere they are going to make a video about how they made the dress... we all know Ellie loves Pink Blush maternity and they have this dress, attached below.
Shady little bitches..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MandaPanda74
Talker
Talker

Check out the price...
captainoflife
Talker
Talker

Unread post by captainoflife »

MandaPanda74 wrote:

What did you say to her to get blocked? That’s ridiculous
notsarah
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by notsarah »

SunnySide0 wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
GymChick wrote:It was odd. Like okay scream with your initial reaction. But then to do a retake reaction screaming while outside afterwards wth a kinda snotty look to the camera....
I have a feeling the shot outside is a piece of land they've bought to build their new house. But yeah, that scene was obnoxious. I've certainly noticed an octane level of smug in Bonnie lately.

I was coming here to post that too! I definitely think that scream of excitement was from them buying new land.
Oh I hope she builds bigger and better than E&J!! Lol

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”