Unread post by actuallydear »

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: No Ads Make Mama Mad | Part 14

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Bonnie during Julie's gender reveal very excitedly "this is your first girl!" omg the women in this family are so freaking ditzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
procraftinating
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by procraftinating »

Boston is so cute and sweet! Lincoln is sooo cute too! Whatever you may say negative about Bonnie or criticize her for being about the money and displaying the kid's on youtube (I agree it is is borderline very unethical and I agree that the recent demonetization made me see her in a new light)... I think they are overall doing parenting right, and you can really see it in their kids! Olivia is super sweet and kind and selfless to her siblings, and just a very thoughtful and sweet girl in general. Boston seems to have a very gentle and kind heart too! Cody may be at a slightly more difficult age, but despite a few small blips that are normal even he seems to overall behave quite well with good manners. If they were terrible parents then I don't think their kids would have such good values.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Bonnie during Julie's gender reveal very excitedly "this is your first girl!" Image omg the women in this family are so freaking ditzy

At first glance, I took the comment as ditzy and didn't really pay attention to specific people's reactions. But then I went back.

Julie looked hurt over Bonnie's comment... watch the interaction between her and her mom from 4:57.

I don't think it was a slip of the tongue from Bonnie... I think she knew what she was saying to divert the attention from Julie's news. Just like Ellie is doing with her counting, her "GIIIIIIRL!" and over the top side-splitting laughter. I think it all stems from jealousy... and once again, the Griffiths mean streak comes out.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

actuallydear wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Bonnie during Julie's gender reveal very excitedly "this is your first girl!" Image omg the women in this family are so freaking ditzy

At first glance, I took the comment as ditzy and didn't really pay attention to specific people's reactions. But then I went back.

Julie looked hurt over Bonnie's comment... watch the interaction between her and her mom from 4:57.

I don't think it was a slip of the tongue from Bonnie... I think she knew what she was saying to divert the attention from Julie's news. Just like Ellie is doing with her counting, her "GIIIIIIRL!" and over the top side-splitting laughter. I think it all stems from jealousy... and once again, the Griffiths mean streak comes out.
I disagree. I saw it as a nervous reaction from Bonnie because she knew it was a potential trigger for Ellie. I so t think it was part of some plan to steal Julie's thunder. That seems a bit reaching.

There is something about Grandma Griff that is just so offputting to me. She comes off as very shady and fake... especially now that they are doing the whole YT thing.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I have an unfortunate tendency to have "blonde moments" and think Bonnie just wasn't thinking. It was a ditsy moment, and I don't think it had anything to do with a mean streak. Bonnie looked embarrassed and I don't think she meant to steal the focus off Julie. I wouldn't say she looked hurt, but agree she was certainly annoyed though.
whatashitshow
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatashitshow »

I think Bonnie's comment was genuine but then she quickly realized she was wrong and just got embarrassed. There are SO many kids in that family, half the time the Griffiths siblings get the kids' names wrong!
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

I don’t think Bonnie meant to but I do think it hit a cord with Julie. My mom would get exactly like Julie did when people on my dads side would forget about my sister. Even if it was an innocent mistake like bonnies...it was a sensitive subject for my mom. She felt like everyone favoured me, and forgot about my sister/ didn’t treat her as well- so if anyone even made a slightest comment my moms face would turn really annoyed, bitchy and hurt really fast just like Julie’s did. So maybe Julie feels like people don’t treat Emma the way she wishes they did? Maybe they favour the boys? Does Emma seems left out when she plays with Olivia/abbey/Julie? Idk just speculation

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I don't know that I can go as far to think Bonnie said it on purpose to divert attention, but I do think it was a pretty crappy thing to say. Just like her comment, "all of us have three boys". Why are the Griffith girls so dim?

Im not a fan of the new vlog either. Showing Boston upset about his hair is no different then what she filmed before that got her demonetized, she just didn't use it as a thumbnail like she would have previously. Still just as exploitive of Bostons emotions.
chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by chs6213 »

I don’t think Bonnie meant to at all. I think it slipped out without thinking and she looked embarrassed. I do stuff like that way too often. Julie looked offended but I thought playfully offended? Or am I wrong?

Bonnie loves Emma and shares or at least used to share a close bond with her. I think they’ve talked about this before. Remember when she brought Emma back to Utah? She was so sweet with her. She didn’t just forget her or leave her out. It was a slip of the tongue. They have a big family. It happens. Bonnie is closer with her nieces and nephews than I see any of their other siblings being, honestly. And she looked happy for Julie! Ellie didn’t look very happy for Julie at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

kaylnoel wrote:I don’t think Bonnie meant to at all. I think it slipped out without thinking and she looked embarrassed. I do stuff like that way too often. Image Julie looked offended but I thought playfully offended? Or am I wrong?

Bonnie loves Emma and shares or at least used to share a close bond with her. I think they’ve talked about this before. Remember when she brought Emma back to Utah? She was so sweet with her. She didn’t just forget her or leave her out. It was a slip of the tongue. They have a big family. It happens. Bonnie is closer with her nieces and nephews than I see any of their other siblings being, honestly. And she looked happy for Julie! Ellie didn’t look very happy for Julie at all.

I thought maybe she was pretending too, but when she initially looked upset it was very subtle, and no one was watching her anyways they were all laughing at Bonnie and then when people started looking over at her and not at Bonnie she made a more exaggerated annoyed face and little laugh trying to brush it off I think? It just seemed like too long of an awkward annoyed face to be playful lol Idk
Lol I love watching people’s reactions to things and dissecting it lol

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I didn't watch, so I can't comment on Bonnie's ditzy moment. But I do think she's more loving with her nieces and nephews than Ruby or Ellie. Ellie just isn't good with kids. And Ruby is well, Ruby.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie Hoellein: No Ads Make Mama Mad | Part 14

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

gymchick43 wrote:
kaylnoel wrote:I don’t think Bonnie meant to at all. I think it slipped out without thinking and she looked embarrassed. I do stuff like that way too often. Image Julie looked offended but I thought playfully offended? Or am I wrong?

I thought maybe she was pretending too, but when she initially looked upset it was very subtle, and no one was watching her anyways they were all laughing at Bonnie and then when people started looking over at her and not at Bonnie she made a more exaggerated annoyed face and little laugh trying to brush it off I think? It just seemed like too long of an awkward annoyed face to be playful lol Idk
Lol I love watching people’s reactions to things and dissecting it lol

Bonnie backed away as though she was trying to get the attention off of herself though. It was Ellie and Ruby who stepped forward and made it more about Bonnie.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bonnie Hoellein: No Ads Make Mama Mad | Part 14

Was this an oopsie? Two minute sponsor clip that they uploaded along with regular vlog? Was this in an older vlog or meant to be included in a new vlog? Kinda funny because she was talking about no sponsor plans in December and then demonetization changed those plans, before when she did a sponsor I thought she was so good at promoting it and acting like she really truly wanted to do the sponsor- but now i feel like it was prob just a pain in her but to organize and film this clip. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... a412f6.jpg[/img]

BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

gymchick43 wrote:Was this an oopsie? Two minute sponsor clip that they uploaded along with regular vlog? Was this in an older vlog or meant to be included in a new vlog? Kinda funny because she was talking about no sponsor plans in December and then demonetization changed those plans, before when she did a sponsor I thought she was so good at promoting it and acting like she really truly wanted to do the sponsor- but now i feel like it was prob just a pain in her but to organize and film this clip.

It's not there now so it must have been a mistake. Clips like that are filmed early for approval, so that could be a sponsorship she arranged last month.

Not sure why people get so annoyed by YTers picking up extra sponsorships anyway. How is it different than any of us picking up overtime when we had planned on family time? I mean, it happens. If that were my job, I probably wouldn't say no to sponsors either. Its better than using your children for clickbait!
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

One thing I really appreciate about Bonnie's vlogs over most of the others I watch is her willingness to acknowledge bad days, and vlog the chaos. We hear Ellie whine about how hard things are, but don't really see how that could be. Bonnie both shows the chaos and talks about how overwhelmed she is some days, and how she hopes the next day is better. For me that is motherhood in a nutshell. Expectation vs reality and you can decide you are going to have the perfect moment with all the kids making gingerbread houses, but with 4 kids, that just rarely pans out like you envisioned. I like to think that some people might be having a bad day, or feeling like a failure, and see that and at least feel a little more normal.

I'm also glad that Joel is a mentor for the young men in his church. I feel like he'd be a good example for them as a man, and that he wouldn't just try to be their best friend. I'm sure there aren't a lot of boys without fathers, but if there are even a couple in that group, I'm glad they have a role model like Joel.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

gymchick43 wrote:I don’t think Bonnie meant to but I do think it hit a cord with Julie. My mom would get exactly like Julie did when people on my dads side would forget about my sister. Even if it was an innocent mistake like bonnies...it was a sensitive subject for my mom. She felt like everyone favoured me, and forgot about my sister/ didn’t treat her as well- so if anyone even made a slightest comment my moms face would turn really annoyed, bitchy and hurt really fast just like Julie’s did. So maybe Julie feels like people don’t treat Emma the way she wishes they did? Maybe they favour the boys? Does Emma seems left out when she plays with Olivia/abbey/Julie? Idk just speculation

Yes....or July herself is less favoured....or it solely says something about Bonnie. I think it's also different than being mistaken about the color of the dress your sister was wearing at the family gathering last week. I was quite shocked honestly. How could one, even in a split second, forget your sister has a daughter? Did it really never sink in? I re-watched the scene several times to check if I hadn't misunderstood and if perhaps she was joking! lol. I certainly believe it was an innocent mistake by Bonnie, but still experience it as being inconsiderate...until proven otherwise with more information :)

I remember now, Julie told she purposefully went living out of state to be able to develop independently and on themselves with her husband, I forgot her exact words, but who knows what more is behind that, and which new windows will open?

I now completely think something else! It might have 'just' been a projection on Julie because of the tension around the 3 boys of Ellie! This was so much in and on Bonnie's mind, that she imagined for a split second it was Julie who only had boys. Nope, wrong sister, Bonnie! .....And back to our immediate reaction, we probably all had! :D Of course...Bonnie just switched sisters!

I have to retrieve my words from above, because Bonnie did very much let sink in Ellie's concern, and I guess Ellie is really sad then about not having a girl.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I read these posts before I looked at Julie's vlog (actually I don't normally watch Julie) Anyway, I am really struggling to see what so many other seem to see. I agree it was an awkward comment, but I certainly don't think it was intentional and I actually don't think Julie seemed annoyed or hurt by it. I think she became annoyed, however, when the laughing went on and on. Okay, giggle about it for a minute and then get over it! All the attention was then focused on Bonnie, Ruby (who was really hamming it up) and of course Ellie. That's where I think things went wrong. Also, it was very clear that everyone else was uncomfortable- Jared, Joel, Emily (I think) all seemed like they were not into how hilarious it was.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

natalka81 wrote:I read these posts before I looked at Julie's vlog (actually I don't normally watch Julie) Anyway, I am really struggling to see what so many other seem to see. I agree it was an awkward comment, but I certainly don't think it was intentional and I actually don't think Julie seemed annoyed or hurt by it. I think she became annoyed, however, when the laughing went on and on. Okay, giggle about it for a minute and then get over it! All the attention was then focused on Bonnie, Ruby (who was really hamming it up) and of course Ellie. That's where I think things went wrong. Also, it was very clear that everyone else was uncomfortable- Jared, Joel, Emily (I think) all seemed like they were not into how hilarious it was.
Yeah I agree. I don’t think it was Bonnie who made the whole situation awkward and uncomfortable, it was Ellie and ruby. Bonnie laughed (because she laughs at everything all the time Image) but Ellie and ruby where the ones acting like idiots, trying to one up each other to be centre of attention and dragged the whole thing out which is when it got awkward.

I felt so bad for Julie in that moment, she laughed off Bonnie’s slip up but the other two idiots couldn’t just let the joke die down and congratulate Julie.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

BadWolf wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:Was this an oopsie? Two minute sponsor clip that they uploaded along with regular vlog? Was this in an older vlog or meant to be included in a new vlog? Kinda funny because she was talking about no sponsor plans in December and then demonetization changed those plans, before when she did a sponsor I thought she was so good at promoting it and acting like she really truly wanted to do the sponsor- but now i feel like it was prob just a pain in her but to organize and film this clip.

It's not there now so it must have been a mistake. Clips like that are filmed early for approval, so that could be a sponsorship she arranged last month.

Not sure why people get so annoyed by YTers picking up extra sponsorships anyway. How is it different than any of us picking up overtime when we had planned on family time? I mean, it happens. If that were my job, I probably wouldn't say no to sponsors either. Its better than using your children for clickbait!
I don't mind sponsors so much, except when they cheat and have an ad _and_ a sponsor, and hope YT doesn't notice. Sav and Cole just did that-- an ad played before the vlog, and there's Cole doing a Dollar Shave Club promo!
Grrrrrr.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”