• Advertisement

John and Joan,The bold and the pregnant || Part 2 ||

Re: John and Joan,The bold and the pregnant || Part 2 ||

Postby charmed596 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:27 pm

marshmallowfluf wrote:I think $12 is pretty generous. It’s a bead store. I would say closer to minimum wage, maybe $8-$9 since she has been there a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in New England and I think minimum wage there is 10$
charmed596
Informer

Advertisement

Postby aggieyorkie » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:52 pm

I doubt she would get FMLA. You have to work for a company that employs at least 50 people. I doubt they have that many. Also have to work a certain number of hours per year which works backwards to about 26 hrs a week. I doubt she works even close to that.

It’s very sad. I work an average of 45 hrs a week, I am the most senior employee of my company and I still had to beg my boss for SIX WEEKS PAID when my daughter was born.
aggieyorkie
Amateur

Postby SlibbidyDew » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:58 am

So glad she's found inspiration for all of her "new" designs.
horse shoe.jpg

Milehighbeads is a great source, apparently! Copy away!
copycat.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SlibbidyDew
Amateur

Postby fossilfinger » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:11 pm

aggieyorkie wrote:It’s very sad. I work an average of 45 hrs a week, I am the most senior employee of my company and I still had to beg my boss for SIX WEEKS PAID when my daughter was born.

It is sad that even if you legally have the right, many workplaces will pressure you not to take the time off. I have witnessed a few coworkers being pressured to come back ASAP from maternity leave, and one who needed physical therapy but couldn't get the time off to do it. Workplaces can be really unfair. However, this is not what's happening in Joan's case. Her work is bending over backwards for her. She's lucky she is even allowed to take six months off unpaid and still have a job when she gets back, when I'm sure they could easily replace her.
fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper

Postby 1000Words » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:01 pm

fossilfinger wrote:
aggieyorkie wrote:It’s very sad. I work an average of 45 hrs a week, I am the most senior employee of my company and I still had to beg my boss for SIX WEEKS PAID when my daughter was born.

It is sad that even if you legally have the right, many workplaces will pressure you not to take the time off. I have witnessed a few coworkers being pressured to come back ASAP from maternity leave, and one who needed physical therapy but couldn't get the time off to do it. Workplaces can be really unfair. However, this is not what's happening in Joan's case. Her work is bending over backwards for her. She's lucky she is even allowed to take six months off unpaid and still have a job when she gets back, when I'm sure they could easily replace her.

If she’s taking 6 mo off I doubt She’s staying there.
1000Words
Amateur

Postby SassySassenach » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:34 am

1000Words wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:

If she’s taking 6 mo off I doubt She’s staying there.

I agree, I really don’t see her going back to work. She isn’t going to want to leave her baby with someone else & she would also probably have a ridiculous list of demands for care.

SassySassenach
Talker

Postby sdmorgan12 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:27 pm

did anyone see her last post about maeves birthday? there was a comment on how lucille (their dog) was named after maeve’s middle name. kind of odd to name your dog after your dead child if you ask me, but maybe i’m just insensitive.

sdmorgan12
Amateur

Postby flowerpuppy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:38 pm

sdmorgan12 wrote:did anyone see her last post about maeves birthday? there was a comment on how lucille (their dog) was named after maeve’s middle name. kind of odd to name your dog after your dead child if you ask me, but maybe i’m just insensitive.

their dog’s name is louise. that comment was left by somebody who mistakenly thought the dog’s name is lucille, and joan replied saying she got the name lucille from her grandma’s middle name.
flowerpuppy
Informer

Postby minmouse » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:38 am

So let me get this straight, according to Joan's instagram she stopped working last week. She cries poverty and how unfair it is she'll be unpaid during her leave... how she's doing etsy to help her afford to be home for SIX months... yet she stops working before 37 weeks?? Any other woman on her situation would work up until the end. She really does think she is a special snowflake, doesn't she?!?
minmouse
Gossiper

Postby actuallydear » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 am

So they have their csection date. I wonder when it is. Hope everything goes well for them this time.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 am

minmouse wrote:So let me get this straight, according to Joan's instagram she stopped working last week. She cries poverty and how unfair it is she'll be unpaid during her leave... how she's doing etsy to help her afford to be home for SIX months... yet she stops working before 37 weeks?? Any other woman on her situation would work up until the end. She really does think she is a special snowflake, doesn't she?!?

She had cut back her hours prior to this as well. She started bitching more, and working far less.

HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby ButterflyB » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:03 am

I bet her csection won’t be until she is 39 weeks. There is no medical reason to do it before then as baby Vera has shown to have no problems.

ButterflyB
Informer

Postby minmouse » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:10 am

If there is no medical reason they won't schedule it before 39 weeks. Her due date 6/30 is a Saturday so my guess is she's scheduled for Monday 6/25.
minmouse
Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:31 pm

I do hope all goes well. I don't think she could handle another tragedy. They both get on my nerves, but I don't wish them.any harm.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby amyfalafal » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:57 pm

I didnt follow Jun and Keshia, Joan says their bub was born alive, at 21 weeks. What happened?
amyfalafal
Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:07 pm

amyfalafal wrote:I didnt follow Jun and Keshia, Joan says their bub was born alive, at 21 weeks. What happened?
She didn't make it. So very sad.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby amyfalafal » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:13 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:I didnt follow Jun and Keshia, Joan says their bub was born alive, at 21 weeks. What happened?
She didn't make it. So very sad.
Thats heartbreaking :(

Nice to see Joan acknowledging them, unlike Ellie's poorly timed message about how hard it is to be pregnant after a loss. :? bloody Ellie.
amyfalafal
Gossiper

Postby boredmamaneedsdrama » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:23 pm

Vera flipped! Scheduled C-Section is now a scheduled induction.
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer

Postby actuallydear » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:44 pm

John displayed some very striking behaviour in the video about Vera flipping. He looks completely over it, and came off like he resents having to do so many things because Joan is so pregnant and the baby is due to arrive soon. Maybe he was *just* exhausted, but it seemed like more...
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper

Postby GymChick » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:38 am

actuallydear wrote:John displayed some very striking behaviour in the video about Vera flipping. He looks completely over it, and came off like he resents having to do so many things because Joan is so pregnant and the baby is due to arrive soon. Maybe he was *just* exhausted, but it seemed like more...

They always look like they live in two different worlds and so awkward together. Joan telling a story about how her blood pressure is usually low and John goes “that’s good!” And joan says “no listen to the story...” and goes on to say this appt her blood presssurs went up higher so they will monitor it. John had no idea. It’s so weird

GymChick
Guru Gossiper

Postby GymChick » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:39 am

Oh and him listing off his long hours, multiple side jobs, and added in having to also cook for Joan

GymChick
Guru Gossiper

Postby Kataja » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:31 am

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:Vera flipped! Scheduled C-Section is now a scheduled induction.

I didn't watch their vlog because I think they are rambling on an on. Why would they want to induce instead of going on labor naturally? (If Vera shows no signs of any distress) Isn't more safe to have it as natural and intervention-free as possible?
Kataja
Talker

Postby NellieNovember » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:12 pm

Kataja wrote:
boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:Vera flipped! Scheduled C-Section is now a scheduled induction.

I didn't watch their vlog because I think they are rambling on an on. Why would they want to induce instead of going on labor naturally? (If Vera shows no signs of any distress) Isn't more safe to have it as natural and intervention-free as possible?

It’s very common to be induced early after loss (specifically stillbirth). The level of anxiety the mother typically is having outweighs the benefits of waiting for natural labor.
NellieNovember
Amateur

Postby amyfalafal » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:28 pm

NellieNovember wrote:
Kataja wrote:

It’s very common to be induced early after loss (specifically stillbirth). The level of anxiety the mother typically is having outweighs the benefits of waiting for natural labor.

Yes, we do this in Australia in the public hospitals. As a Midwife I can recommend induction for women who have had stillbirths and miscarriages. Here subsequent pregnancies after loss will always be considered high risk. I dont know the case with Joan, but it's not uncommon. Anxiety plays a negative role in pregnancies, it wont help going into labour early/on time either. In my personal experience with my losses, my first "rainbow" baby was due on our first born's first birthday and having minor Placenta Praevia (which moved to a safe enough distance away in time for 38 weeks), I had the option to have a c-section or vaginal birth. I'm glad I had the option for either. The anxiety and stress leading to birth after stillbirth is boarder-line insane.
*Always go see your doc if you feel something isn't right. Use the time you'd google or go to babycenter to ask a question [to mothers with no experience in your personal health like your doctor has] to call your healthcare practitioner to be looked at for peace of mind. It's better to be seen than to be sorry.* (I couldn't resist. #stillbirthawareness)
amyfalafal
Gossiper

Postby 1000Words » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:01 pm

GymChick wrote:
actuallydear wrote:John displayed some very striking behaviour in the video about Vera flipping. He looks completely over it, and came off like he resents having to do so many things because Joan is so pregnant and the baby is due to arrive soon. Maybe he was *just* exhausted, but it seemed like more...

They always look like they live in two different worlds and so awkward together. Joan telling a story about how her blood pressure is usually low and John goes “that’s good!” And joan says “no listen to the story...” and goes on to say this appt her blood presssurs went up higher so they will monitor it. John had no idea. It’s so weird

They always seem to not know what’s going on.... I text With my husband during the day or talk on the phone... I know What’s going on... also if my BP had Any issues in a pregnancy that was so high risk my husband wouldn’t be finding out on camera.... it’s very strange
1000Words
Amateur

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Ellie and Jared