Samika Part 3

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Samika Part 3

Unread post by lmmomSD »

kates_crush wrote:how is having a puppy with a baby any different than when they got a puppy last time with a baby.
puppies nip... A LOT. I am a strong believer in no puppies in the house with children under five because they do nip and bite and jump and are just all around crazy and most end up at a shelter or pound or sold to another family because of this.
why couldn't they have gotten a dog out of the puppy stage that was already trained and loves to be around kids?
I have to admit, I am feeling judgy about that too. I usually like them. But this irritates me. Ezzie is too young to be around a puppy. Noah is a good age, but PJ should probably have an older dog.
Miniature aussies run $1000 AND UP. $2300 and up for good bloodlines from a reputable breeder. They could have gone to a shelter, gotten a trained, housebroken, fixed older dog (not old, just past the puppy stage) who has been temperament tested and loves kids. But no. They got a designer dog and they have to deal with training, housebreaking with a crawling baby, chewing and nipping. And Aussies are herding dogs. They nip kids on the ankles to herd them. Bryan and Missy had problems with Luna doing that.
Sorry for the lecture. I'm just aggravated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

Australian Shepherds ARE THE WORST family dog. They are meant to be on farms...not in the suburbs with tiny backyards and lots of little kids. They DO bite and nip. They also get bored VERY easily and then chew up all your stuff. They made a BIG mistake getting that breed.

They don't even need a freaking dog!!! They already seem stressed about life/money as it is. Plus, Sam might be going back to work.

WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY? I usually like them, but this is a massive mistake and the dog will be sent/given away within a few months.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Could this be a dog David bought?? I just don't see Sam and Jenn being so stupid to get a challenging dog breed at this stage in life.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

rosie_dalia wrote:Could this be a dog David bought?? I just don't see Sam and Jenn being so stupid to get a challenging dog breed at this stage in life.
Didn’t really mean to like. Shouldn’t be surprised, they’ve already done it once. I’m certain it’s their dog because they’re introducing it and talking about it like it’s their new son.

You’d think if you could take the time to find a reputable breeder you could take the time to research the breed and find what’s really right for your family. Unless pet stores are still a thing in Arizona and they just walked in and picked the cutest one. Which would be an even bigger problem because pet store usually equals puppy mill. And those dogs come with a laundry list of health and behavioral problems.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

angelfire89 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:49 pm
rosie_dalia wrote:Could this be a dog David bought?? I just don't see Sam and Jenn being so stupid to get a challenging dog breed at this stage in life.
Didn’t really mean to like. Shouldn’t be surprised, they’ve already done it once. I’m certain it’s their dog because they’re introducing it and talking about it like it’s their new son.

You’d think if you could take the time to find a reputable breeder you could take the time to research the breed and find what’s really right for your family. Unless pet stores are still a thing in Arizona and they just walked in and picked the cutest one. Which would be an even bigger problem because pet store usually equals puppy mill. And those dogs come with a laundry list of health and behavioral problems.
It does appear there are pet stores that sell puppies in Arizona. They are just so dumb! Weren't they just on a vacation and aren't they going on another Florida vacation soon?

Who gets a puppy when you have three little kids and travel a lot? IDIOTS!
kates_crush
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kates_crush »

rosie_dalia wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:40 pm Australian Shepherds ARE THE WORST family dog. They are meant to be on farms...not in the suburbs with tiny backyards and lots of little kids. They DO bite and nip. They also get bored VERY easily and then chew up all your stuff. They made a BIG mistake getting that breed.

They don't even need a freaking dog!!! They already seem stressed about life/money as it is. Plus, Sam might be going back to work.

WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY? I usually like them, but this is a massive mistake and the dog will be sent/given away within a few months.
three very young kids and a very high strung breed puppy. yikes.
my aunt raises (takes in, not breeds) border collies, you know how much work has to go into breeds like that?! they only settle down after lots of exercise, and yes the puppy will 100% nip and try to herd the kids.
I hope it all works out for the dog's sake.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Are they seriously complaining about the puppy crying? Not watching the vlog because I can't believe they got a puppy like that.
So, if I am wrong, 100% ok with being told so.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

They weren’t really complaining about the puppy crying. Just showing off a dog toy that will help the dog feel more comfortable. They seem to be handling the new responsibilities really well. They’re treating him like a new baby. They seem happy and the puppy is happy. Much different from the last time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

I had to LOL when I went on my local Nextdoor the other day and someone was asking if there are any local farms to take her Aussie to "to get her herding instinct out." I'm not even joking.

Sam and Jenn are enjoying the puppy days now, but this breed is not really a suburban family pet. They are super cute puppies and dogs, but they are meant for farm/ranch work and will destroy your house if they don't get enough exercise—and they need A LOT of exercise.
Gladys Kravitz I
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Gladys Kravitz I »

I agree, my BIL had one and lordy! 😲
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

We have an Australian Shepherd blue heeler mix (sometimes referred to as a Texas heeler) that we adopted from the dog shelter. We have 10 acres and this dog STILL gets bored and chews our stuff if we don’t have the exact combination of toys to entertain him when we aren’t home. We are experienced dog owners (we’ve owned 10 between the two of us) and he has easily been the most work of any dog we’ve ever had. Good luck to them

Gladys Kravitz I
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Gladys Kravitz I »

I'm usually a fan but lordy I just have to say this!! I cannot understand a word Penelope says..... It's gutteral and disjointed and even worse than Liza Adele's cutie pie Camden! I've never heard them address this, I probably missed it, but something needs to be done!
Milelu89
Amateur
Amateur

Samika Part 3

Unread post by Milelu89 »

I agree, she turns 4 next year. She is the cutest little girl and her personality is very special. I wish she could articulate her thoughts and jokes.

I wonder why all (or most of) those YouTuber‘s kids are so behind regarding the speech development. That was also the case with the Shaytards‘ kids (Brock and Daxton).

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Milelu89 wrote:I agree, she turns 4 next year. She is the cutest little girl and her personality is very special. I wish she could articulate her thoughts and jokes.

I wonder why all (or most of) those YouTuber‘s kids are so behind regarding the speech development. That was also the case with the Shaytards‘ kids (Brock and Daxton).

And Daily Bumps Finn, and Calvin, Ellie and Jared's boy. And all 4 of the Gardner Quads
My partial theory is that so many of them primarily interact with the kids through the camera and don't spend a lot of time talking to them otherwise. Don't think that is necessarily the case here, though.
When people thought that Noah might be behind, they were really receptive to people saying that they were concerned. They said they appreciated the concern, and that they would keep an eye on it. Very different from most vloggers and their "if you merely suggest our family isn't perfect, we will block you!" attitude.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I don’t think she’s behind. I didn’t think Noah was behind either. I think the tone of her voice might make her a little harder to understand, but I understand most things she’s saying. I also think she hams it up for the camera, but her delivery is a little dry. Her robot voice and her monster voice are pretty much the same as her speaking voice. If you didn’t know any better, you could easily mistake her joking around as her trying to form words. It’s also easy to mistake her for an older kid. She doesn’t turn 4 until April of next year.

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Poor puppy having bottom issues. Hope he doesn’t have to be on that food for too long because that stuff gets expensive. That Puppy Wellness plan won’t pay for the extra tests and meds either (I work at Petsmart and fortunately get a discount on the Banfield plans, but I’ve paid out a bit already.)

Also I’m concerned with Jenn thinking “he’ll stop when he’s full.” Most dogs, especially high energy ones don’t have that off switch. That’s why labs and other dogs get so fat, they will just eat until there’s no more food or they get sick. Hopefully someone tells her that so they don’t overfeed the pup. I’ve always been paranoid about that with my dog because she’s half lab and I know she would eat just about anything I let her have.
Milelu89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Milelu89 »

Uuh, did they dock the dog’s tail?

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Milelu89 wrote:Uuh, did they dock the dog’s tail?
Some aussies are born without much tail, sometimes the breeder docks them at birth. It’s part of the “breed standard” although docking is outlawed in other countries. If it was docked, they probably had nothing to do with the decision. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen an Aussie with a tail.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Double posting even though this thread seems pretty dead. PJ was super cute in her first soccer game. Seems like she’s got the athletic gene too.

Normally the “sis” nickname doesn’t bother me too much but listening to Jenn cheer for PJ with just SIS/SISSY over and over started grating my nerves. They never call Noah or Ezra “Bro” or “brother.” PJ is almost always sis. There’s a few good nicknames to use with Penelope Jane. Penny, PJ, Penn, probably others I can’t think of. Plus, screaming sis at a big group of little kids running around seems confusing and impersonal.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

angelfire89 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:20 pm Double posting even though this thread seems pretty dead. PJ was super cute in her first soccer game. Seems like she’s got the athletic gene too.

Normally the “sis” nickname doesn’t bother me too much but listening to Jenn cheer for PJ with just SIS/SISSY over and over started grating my nerves. They never call Noah or Ezra “Bro” or “brother.” PJ is almost always sis. There’s a few good nicknames to use with Penelope Jane. Penny, PJ, Penn, probably others I can’t think of. Plus, screaming sis at a big group of little kids running around seems confusing and impersonal.
I really don't like how she did that during the game...yikes. The reason they really loved her name was because of all the nicknames they could come up with

Return to “Q-Z”