C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Watched that IG story 3 times to see what was going on. Definitely thought he was on something too. This was this morning before I even read about it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by askeptichere »

Did he take it down? All I see is Gaines singing that song on the car.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

askeptichere wrote:Did he take it down? All I see is Gaines singing that song on the car.

It’s an actual post, not a story.
:roll:
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I noticed that Katie is still wearing the Fitbit and not the Apple Watch Cullen gave her. I can tell you from personal experience that Fitbit fails in every way compared to the Apple Watch. The company REFUSES to integrate with Apple and their health app. Given that Katie has an iPhone, the Apple Watch is by far the better choice. So, the only reason she has for sticking with Fitbit is her pettiness.

You know your attitude is a problem when you’re willing to give up convenience and quality out of spite. This woman needs therapy to deal with her resentment issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
janica
Talker
Talker

Unread post by janica »

Yeah, very smart to teach your 3 year old how to use a gun...
My apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my first language :love2:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

janica wrote:Yeah, very smart to teach your 3 year old how to use a gun...
He was posting instastories of Gaines and her cousins using BB guns right after the Florida school shooting.
Those people don't think at all. And I believe Cullen is a redneck at heart. I think if he could, he'd really dress like that Halloween costume he was wearing. I am mostly exaggerating, but I do mean it about him being a redneck at heart.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I clicked on the video and clicked out 4 seconds later. Very disturbing to see a 3 year old use a gun, and a grown adult (who has been showing signs of emotional instability) thinking it's appropriate to teach a child that age how to use a gun. Regardless of the type of gun. I'm from the south too so guns are a part of my life and my children do learn proper + safe gun use at the right age, but 3 years old is damn sure not the right age! This is sick.
rd_valo
Informer
Informer

Unread post by rd_valo »

MyPretties wrote:Neither did I.. i sat here for the longest last night wondering if i was the only one that didn't get that post. I've used it my whole life, even called my kids that, i didn't know it was derogatory. Here in the US it just means crazy, hyper, off the walls....

In Scotland, the term 'spastic' or 'spaz' is very much frowned upon - it is not 'politically correct'. Here the term spastic is used to describe some disabilities eg someone who has cerebal palsy etc. Its not a term I would ever use - this just highlights the differences in countries, its like a minefield trying to remain PC lol. Another difference between US and UK - you guys use the term 'fanny' for a butt - if you said 'fanny' here, people would really be shocked - fanny is a name some call their vagina!! :P
I’m Scottish so probably explains why i took offence to it

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

It's so disturbing to see Gaines shooting the gun. I think they're being insensitive on purpose. They know what's going on in this country.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Theirmom wrote:I noticed that Katie is still wearing the Fitbit and not the Apple Watch Cullen gave her. I can tell you from personal experience that Fitbit fails in every way compared to the Apple Watch. The company REFUSES to integrate with Apple and their health app. Given that Katie has an iPhone, the Apple Watch is by far the better choice. So, the only reason she has for sticking with Fitbit is her pettiness.

You know your attitude is a problem when you’re willing to give up convenience and quality out of spite. This woman needs therapy to deal with her resentment issues.

I was thinking the same thing! I got an Apple watch in November for work and didn’t think I’d use it for anything else.. but boy do I love it! I used to have a Fitbit previously and can’t imagine using that over my Apple Watch. She has problems.

Off topic to this post but about the name Gaines.. I always felt like she would be poked fun of during the middle school years. I had a kid once with the last name “hickey” and I about curled over for him when he reached his early teen years with that name.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

The whole BB gun thing wasn't even a blip on my radar. Thats a "normal" thing to do around here.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

freshbalsam wrote:
Theirmom wrote:I noticed that Katie is still wearing the Fitbit and not the Apple Watch Cullen gave her. I can tell you from personal experience that Fitbit fails in every way compared to the Apple Watch. The company REFUSES to integrate with Apple and their health app. Given that Katie has an iPhone, the Apple Watch is by far the better choice. So, the only reason she has for sticking with Fitbit is her pettiness.

I was thinking the same thing! I got an Apple watch in November for work and didn’t think I’d use it for anything else.. but boy do I love it! I used to have a Fitbit previously and can’t imagine using that over my Apple Watch. She has problems.

Off topic to this post but about the name Gaines.. I always felt like she would be poked fun of during the middle school years. I had a kid once with the last name “hickey” and I about curled over for him when he reached his early teen years with that name.
You think that's bad? My maiden name starts with "Prick"! I didn't get it as bad as my brother did, but it was bad enough! I didn't take my maiden name back after getting divorced! Also made life easier having the same name as my kids.
I just think if Gaines has her parents' propensity to gain weight, she is definitely going to get picked on with that name.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

nutbagmcgee wrote:The whole BB gun thing wasn't even a blip on my radar. Thats a "normal" thing to do around here.
With a 3 year old? I get it with older kids. I get that for some people it's accepted. But I just think a 3 year old is too young.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

lmmomSD wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:The whole BB gun thing wasn't even a blip on my radar. Thats a "normal" thing to do around here.
With a 3 year old? I get it with older kids. I get that for some people it's accepted. But I just think a 3 year old is too young.

My son got a bb gun for his 3rd birthday. It doesn't thrill me but my husband is a hunter and is very safe and teaches our kids gun safety at a young age. It's just normal around here.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

I personally don't agree with having a 3 year old shoot any type of gun, but I understand that some families start teaching gun safety at a very young age. Fine.

Now someone correct me if I'm totally wrong here though. They live in a country club community. Suburban life, homes within an acre of each other, and a golf course in the back yard. Don't you think if they're going to let their kids shoot a gun, even a BB gun, they should take them somewhere more remote? The woods? A field? Not somewhere the neighbor's dog, a golfer, or CHILD could get hurt from a stray bullet?
who cares
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by who cares »

You have to be kidding me!! Letting a 3 yr. old fire a gun of any kind is totally unacceptable. As someone said in the comments the only thing you should teach a 3 yr. old about guns is not to touch them. Certainly if you are pro firearms you should teach your children about them, but a three year old is unable to comprehend the complexities of what a gun is for. Guns kill things. Pure and simple. Whether it be for food, or protection, or what ever you believe the reason is to own one is. How in the world do you explain that to a toddler (and yes she is still a toddler). I am shocked that anyone could condone this, especially after all of the horrific events in the last few days.
foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

Here too.. As long as you teach safety. My 10 and 14 year old have bb guns. Of course an adult has to be present. They are also put up.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

nutbagmcgee wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

My son got a bb gun for his 3rd birthday. It doesn't thrill me but my husband is a hunter and is very safe and teaches our kids gun safety at a young age. It's just normal around here.
Unless it was a “for when you’re older gift” I’m seriously side-eyeing this. Like, technically my preschooler OWNS a savings account, stocks and bonds, but they’re not really something she manipulates, yaknow?

So, I can see getting the little one her very first Pink Daisy for her 3rd birthday, but, aside from a few photo ops after unwrapping it, putting it away until the kid is at least 6.
Letting toddlers handle and discharge weapons is misguided and irresponsible. It’s flat out wrong, and yeah, I judge people who are okay with it.
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

who cares wrote:You have to be kidding me!! Letting a 3 yr. old fire a gun of any kind is totally unacceptable. As someone said in the comments the only thing you should teach a 3 yr. old about guns is not to touch them. Certainly if you are pro firearms you should teach your children about them, but a three year old is unable to comprehend the complexities of what a gun is for. Guns kill things. Pure and simple. Whether it be for food, or protection, or what ever you believe the reason is to own one is. How in the world do you explain that to a toddler (and yes she is still a toddler). I am shocked that anyone could condone this, especially after all of the horrific events in the last few days.
Do you know what their argument will be? Well she’s smart and advanced for her age. Oh brother. Image
I feel Gun Safety is an important topic to teach. Maybe start with the very basics like don’t touch it until your a little bit older. Let them hold a gun without a second thought? Absolutely Not. She’s 3! My biggest concern is I don’t know how much knowledge Katie or Cullen have in this department.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

That's the thing. I get it if hunting is a thing your family enjoys. But before a few weeks ago, I had never heard Cullen mention guns. And he's not a hunter. I never saw him with a gun before those instastories of the kids shooting BB guns. Right after the Parkland shooting. Which was insensitive at best.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”