Bollie Brand

Post Reply
sparkle lemon
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:28 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 312 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by sparkle lemon » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:41 pm

[/quote]

All of the Griffiths girls have a weird obsession with their “pioneer” ancestors. But it seems the church encourages it by having the teenagers go on that Trek thing and Ruby has many times promoted the church’s very own ancestry/genealogy site. They shared the same story over and over again with the cookbook about how they pictured their ancestors standing over a pot of stew. And Jennifer talks about the farm house days when they struggled but loved their simple life. I swear they’ve retold the same “pioneer stories” 100 times over. Those are nice memories for their family but why would anyone else care at all? Eating pioneer/old family recipe inspired food is one thing but no one wants to wear a fugly dress inspired by a stranger’s grandma


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

To be fair though, the entire family is obsessed with romanticizing their family members and family history. I'm not quite sure if this is a Griffiths thing, a family culture thing, or something to do with the narrow little Utah Mormon world they inhabit. Possibly they get it from Jennifer who seems to be incapable of holding a rational adult conversation without bursting into hysterical tears at the mere thought of one of her ancestors. It's very manipulative and extremely controlling, and you can see that all of her kids have learned the same sentimentality. I mean, there is nothing wrong with being proud of your family and their history, but when sentiment is used to erase the truth of history, it just becomes meaningless and fake. All the kids and grandkids are being raised with a highly curated family history that likely bears no resemblance to the truth and teaches the kids to unquestioningly follow in the footsteps of their relatives. It's very cult-like behavior (you can draw your own parallels re: the LDS religion---but I am not going to get into that particular argument here).

When you have such a subjective and emotional view of family history, the truthful stuff seems to be conveniently left out. The reality of life for the Griffiths women (and Jennifer's family branch) is more likely one of limited/poor education (because girls don't need to be clever or educated), very young motherhood, limited financial resources, and the sheer exhaustion and health issues exacerbated by spitting out a new baby every year or two. It's really no wonder that women like Jennifer end up becoming gatekeepers of the family history by creating such a sickly fake and sentimental family narrative as a way to deny the reality of their situation. You can see how she has cultivated this in her own daughters and now, her grandchildren as well, but at the same time, it is clear it isn't working as several of her daughters appear to have some ongoing mental health struggles.
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
Posts: 14684
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:33 am
Has thanked: 1677 times
Been thanked: 9954 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by HelloSweetie » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:53 pm

The pattern will continue though because even the miserable daughters don’t realize WHY they are miserable. Just look at Ellie’s ridiculous rant today on IG about why people shouldn’t have told her it was a mistake to get married so young. She’s clearly miserable and unfulfilled, yet willing to defend her choices until the end of the earth.

So she’ll expect her children to follow in her footsteps.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1249
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 7:44 am
Has thanked: 4119 times
Been thanked: 3031 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by gopedjane » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:15 am

YTIG60 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:26 pm
I'm not sure the blush dream dress looks that great on any of these models with the exception of the tallest young lady and she probably looks good in anything. I thought their other previous casual dresses were ok. There is some feedback from some who wanted a longer sleeve and how it didn't sit right on the "thinner women" who I think this person meant Ellie.
The colour washes all of them out. It’s not good. Did they use the same material to save costs?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 22301
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 33094 times
Been thanked: 24398 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by lmmomSD » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:15 am

I think it's not just the color. It's the lighting too, and that eggshell/gray-white background.
Everything about that picture conspires to make it unflattering. These "house dresses" are so weird. They don't wear things like that IRL, and when asked about that, Bonnie (or their social media person) makes some reply about wearing an outfit to reflect a mood. I guess they are never in a 1950's "I have no choice but to be a housewife and pop out as many babies as my body will tolerate, and women can't wear pants, so I guess I will wear this housedress" mood?
They don't seem to understand that women wore muumuus and house dresses because back then, nice women didn't wear pants. You couldn't wear leggings or jeans in public. The dress code at Ruby's kids school still doesn't allow girls to wear pants-- in Utah in the winter! Women didn't choose to dress that way. Except Meg Ryan and her adorable fleece maxi skirt (she wore it with a white t-shirt and denim jacket in "When a Man Loves a Woman"-- I have to admit that I found one and bought it when I saw how cute it looked on her). It looked better on her than in this picture because she was so tiny.
They have this nostalgia for a time that they never lived through. Someone made a post about St. Jennifer and the way she has curated their family history and the gaslighting she has done. Not to stand up for her, but I have a feeling that Jennifer was a victim of gaslighting herself. I don't know how far back the dysfunction goes, but I have a feeling it didn't start with Jennifer.
I still can't understand why no one has named a daughter after Jennifer yet. She is the sainted matriarch, and they seem to like naming their children after people. A lot of the boys have Clark for a middle name, Ruby is named after Grandma, she named her son Chad and a daughter after Julie, but no one has named her daughter after Jennifer.
Or is it reserved for when God blesses Ellie with her longed for daughter because she has been so "good"?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 22301
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 33094 times
Been thanked: 24398 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by lmmomSD » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:35 am

Forgot to attach the picture!Image

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tarheelgirl-71
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:51 am
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by tarheelgirl-71 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:08 pm

lmmomSD wrote:I think it's not just the color. It's the lighting too, and that eggshell/gray-white background.
Everything about that picture conspires to make it unflattering. These "house dresses" are so weird. They don't wear things like that IRL, and when asked about that, Bonnie (or their social media person) makes some reply about wearing an outfit to reflect a mood. I guess they are never in a 1950's "I have no choice but to be a housewife and pop out as many babies as my body will tolerate, and women can't wear pants, so I guess I will wear this housedress" mood?
They don't seem to understand that women wore muumuus and house dresses because back then, nice women didn't wear pants. You couldn't wear leggings or jeans in public. The dress code at Ruby's kids school still doesn't allow girls to wear pants-- in Utah in the winter! Women didn't choose to dress that way. Except Meg Ryan and her adorable fleece maxi skirt (she wore it with a white t-shirt and denim jacket in "When a Man Loves a Woman"-- I have to admit that I found one and bought it when I saw how cute it looked on her). It looked better on her than in this picture because she was so tiny.
They have this nostalgia for a time that they never lived through. Someone made a post about St. Jennifer and the way she has curated their family history and the gaslighting she has done. Not to stand up for her, but I have a feeling that Jennifer was a victim of gaslighting herself. I don't know how far back the dysfunction goes, but I have a feeling it didn't start with Jennifer.
I still can't understand why no one has named a daughter after Jennifer yet. She is the sainted matriarch, and they seem to like naming their children after people. A lot of the boys have Clark for a middle name, Ruby is named after Grandma, she named her son Chad and a daughter after Julie, but no one has named her daughter after Jennifer.
Or is it reserved for when God blesses Ellie with her longed for daughter because she has been so "good"?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I agree. I think since Ruby was the oldest of the Griffiths kids she got to use Chad and since Ellie is the youngest I think she gets the name Jennifer.
I have a question. I wonder, do all Mormons still wear the special underwear? As much as Bollie designs are throwbacks, Bonnie and Ellie don’t seem to be old fashioned in the way they dress in real life. I can’t imagine them wearing “the garments” or whatever that underwear is called. Is it just me thinking that way? Since Bonnie’s surgeries she seems to wear super tight pants. I can’t imagine that underwear looking good under tight pants. Not to mention being super uncomfortable!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
131618
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1583
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 17940 times
Been thanked: 3937 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by 131618 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:32 am

tarheelgirl-71 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I think it's not just the color. It's the lighting too, and that eggshell/gray-white background.
Everything about that picture conspires to make it unflattering. These "house dresses" are so weird. They don't wear things like that IRL, and when asked about that, Bonnie (or their social media person) makes some reply about wearing an outfit to reflect a mood. I guess they are never in a 1950's "I have no choice but to be a housewife and pop out as many babies as my body will tolerate, and women can't wear pants, so I guess I will wear this housedress" mood?
They don't seem to understand that women wore muumuus and house dresses because back then, nice women didn't wear pants. You couldn't wear leggings or jeans in public. The dress code at Ruby's kids school still doesn't allow girls to wear pants-- in Utah in the winter! Women didn't choose to dress that way. Except Meg Ryan and her adorable fleece maxi skirt (she wore it with a white t-shirt and denim jacket in "When a Man Loves a Woman"-- I have to admit that I found one and bought it when I saw how cute it looked on her). It looked better on her than in this picture because she was so tiny.
They have this nostalgia for a time that they never lived through. Someone made a post about St. Jennifer and the way she has curated their family history and the gaslighting she has done. Not to stand up for her, but I have a feeling that Jennifer was a victim of gaslighting herself. I don't know how far back the dysfunction goes, but I have a feeling it didn't start with Jennifer.
I still can't understand why no one has named a daughter after Jennifer yet. She is the sainted matriarch, and they seem to like naming their children after people. A lot of the boys have Clark for a middle name, Ruby is named after Grandma, she named her son Chad and a daughter after Julie, but no one has named her daughter after Jennifer.
Or is it reserved for when God blesses Ellie with her longed for daughter because she has been so "good"?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I agree. I think since Ruby was the oldest of the Griffiths kids she got to use Chad and since Ellie is the youngest I think she gets the name Jennifer.
I have a question. I wonder, do all Mormons still wear the special underwear? As much as Bollie designs are throwbacks, Bonnie and Ellie don’t seem to be old fashioned in the way they dress in real life. I can’t imagine them wearing “the garments” or whatever that underwear is called. Is it just me thinking that way? Since Bonnie’s surgeries she seems to wear super tight pants. I can’t imagine that underwear looking good under tight pants. Not to mention being super uncomfortable!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ellie certainly didn't wear them under her dance costume. But they have been seen in some pictures. I think, as with everything else in their lives, they do it when they want to

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Buyingsubsgate2019
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:22 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by Buyingsubsgate2019 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:10 pm

Yikes that jumpsuit is a monstrosity. It looks like it came off of a Forever 21 clearance rack!!
Ducklings4
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 390 times
Been thanked: 2839 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by Ducklings4 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:57 am

I am a fuller figured gal. I have not seen anything that looks good on Bonnie. She just does not look comfortable in the clothes.
In their latest post with the jumpsuit, Ellie certainly could have tied a proper bow in front. Pet peeve of mine is when ties on women’s clothes are perpendicular like hers is.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xx+YTfan+xx
Talker
Talker
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:05 am
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 765 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by xx+YTfan+xx » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:27 am

Each piece is worse than the last (ok that's not fair.. the first two were the worst).
You can make things "modest" while still appealing to the general population.. what are they doing on those first two items!?

The jumpsuit is really bad, but that's 90% because of the print they chose. WHY NOT DO BLACK?
User avatar
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:21 pm
Has thanked: 16006 times
Been thanked: 2090 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by jmoysa » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:56 am

Pet peeve of mine... when stripes don’t align. You can really see it when they show the front of the ugly jumpsuit. It just that it was cheaply made (not taking the time/$ to line up the patterns).
Also what the heck is that elastic stuff in the back? Why isn’t it on the inside?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2550
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:41 pm
Has thanked: 275 times
Been thanked: 2569 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by Cgl33 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:50 am

I don’t mind the bodysuit, but every other item is fugly. The jumpsuit should have been black. Now it looks matronly or like some sort of uniform. The house dress is uglier than the house dresses that my grandmother wore. It really seems like they are trying to prank their viewers with the house dress. I keep waiting for them to say just kidding!
tarheelgirl-71
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:51 am
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by tarheelgirl-71 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:33 pm

Cgl33 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:50 am
I don’t mind the bodysuit, but every other item is fugly. The jumpsuit should have been black. Now it looks matronly or like some sort of uniform. The house dress is uglier than the house dresses that my grandmother wore. It really seems like they are trying to prank their viewers with the house dress. I keep waiting for them to say just kidding!
Me too especially on the “just kidding” part. I’m no business owner, but it seems like they are trying to appeal to older ladies with some of their pieces like the night gown. I wonder if they have ever done a survey or gotten any type of marketing advise on what type of clothes they are selling? Is there any way of knowing the average age of their target audience on YouTube? I’m not sure what they are thinking when they choose these items. They do wear their own clothes sometimes, but honestly I don’t see this clothing line being their typical personal esthetic.
Ohnonotme
Informer
Informer
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 11:43 pm
Has thanked: 1658 times
Been thanked: 1586 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by Ohnonotme » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:09 pm

tarheelgirl-71 wrote:
Cgl33 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:50 am
I don’t mind the bodysuit, but every other item is fugly. The jumpsuit should have been black. Now it looks matronly or like some sort of uniform. The house dress is uglier than the house dresses that my grandmother wore. It really seems like they are trying to prank their viewers with the house dress. I keep waiting for them to say just kidding!
Me too especially on the “just kidding” part. I’m no business owner, but it seems like they are trying to appeal to older ladies with some of their pieces like the night gown. I wonder if they have ever done a survey or gotten any type of marketing advise on what type of clothes they are selling? Is there any way of knowing the average age of their target audience on YouTube? I’m not sure what they are thinking when they choose these items. They do wear their own clothes sometimes, but honestly I don’t see this clothing line being their typical personal esthetic.
I’m sorry, but I’m an “older” lady and there is no way on Gods green earth that I would be caught in these garments. To me, they are trying to appeal to nursing mothers, and young mums in general. They mention several times how nursing friendly they are.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 22301
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 33094 times
Been thanked: 24398 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by lmmomSD » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:25 pm

xx+YTfan+xx wrote:Each piece is worse than the last (ok that's not fair.. the first two were the worst).
You can make things "modest" while still appealing to the general population.. what are they doing on those first two items!?

The jumpsuit is really bad, but that's 90% because of the print they chose. WHY NOT DO BLACK?
That jumpsuit looks like it was made from a tablecloth or a beach cabana.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

User avatar
131618
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1583
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 17940 times
Been thanked: 3937 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by 131618 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:30 am

Ohnonotme wrote:
tarheelgirl-71 wrote:
Cgl33 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:50 am
I don’t mind the bodysuit, but every other item is fugly. The jumpsuit should have been black. Now it looks matronly or like some sort of uniform. The house dress is uglier than the house dresses that my grandmother wore. It really seems like they are trying to prank their viewers with the house dress. I keep waiting for them to say just kidding!
Me too especially on the “just kidding” part. I’m no business owner, but it seems like they are trying to appeal to older ladies with some of their pieces like the night gown. I wonder if they have ever done a survey or gotten any type of marketing advise on what type of clothes they are selling? Is there any way of knowing the average age of their target audience on YouTube? I’m not sure what they are thinking when they choose these items. They do wear their own clothes sometimes, but honestly I don’t see this clothing line being their typical personal esthetic.
I’m sorry, but I’m an “older” lady and there is no way on Gods green earth that I would be caught in these garments. To me, they are trying to appeal to nursing mothers, and young mums in general. They mention several times how nursing friendly they are.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*Mormon* nursing mothers lol I'm about to have my 4th and I don't want those clothes anywhere near me haha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

imoverit
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:56 am
Has thanked: 549 times
Been thanked: 336 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by imoverit » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:52 pm

131618 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:32 am
tarheelgirl-71 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I think it's not just the color. It's the lighting too, and that eggshell/gray-white background.
Everything about that picture conspires to make it unflattering. These "house dresses" are so weird. They don't wear things like that IRL, and when asked about that, Bonnie (or their social media person) makes some reply about wearing an outfit to reflect a mood. I guess they are never in a 1950's "I have no choice but to be a housewife and pop out as many babies as my body will tolerate, and women can't wear pants, so I guess I will wear this housedress" mood?
They don't seem to understand that women wore muumuus and house dresses because back then, nice women didn't wear pants. You couldn't wear leggings or jeans in public. The dress code at Ruby's kids school still doesn't allow girls to wear pants-- in Utah in the winter! Women didn't choose to dress that way. Except Meg Ryan and her adorable fleece maxi skirt (she wore it with a white t-shirt and denim jacket in "When a Man Loves a Woman"-- I have to admit that I found one and bought it when I saw how cute it looked on her). It looked better on her than in this picture because she was so tiny.
They have this nostalgia for a time that they never lived through. Someone made a post about St. Jennifer and the way she has curated their family history and the gaslighting she has done. Not to stand up for her, but I have a feeling that Jennifer was a victim of gaslighting herself. I don't know how far back the dysfunction goes, but I have a feeling it didn't start with Jennifer.
I still can't understand why no one has named a daughter after Jennifer yet. She is the sainted matriarch, and they seem to like naming their children after people. A lot of the boys have Clark for a middle name, Ruby is named after Grandma, she named her son Chad and a daughter after Julie, but no one has named her daughter after Jennifer.
Or is it reserved for when God blesses Ellie with her longed for daughter because she has been so "good"?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I agree. I think since Ruby was the oldest of the Griffiths kids she got to use Chad and since Ellie is the youngest I think she gets the name Jennifer.
I have a question. I wonder, do all Mormons still wear the special underwear? As much as Bollie designs are throwbacks, Bonnie and Ellie don’t seem to be old fashioned in the way they dress in real life. I can’t imagine them wearing “the garments” or whatever that underwear is called. Is it just me thinking that way? Since Bonnie’s surgeries she seems to wear super tight pants. I can’t imagine that underwear looking good under tight pants. Not to mention being super uncomfortable!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ellie certainly didn't wear them under her dance costume. But they have been seen in some pictures. I think, as with everything else in their lives, they do it when they want to

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
They do wear them, but you basically get to choose any time that you feel like not wearing them (you have to to go into the temples though). Also on the topic, the glorifying fake idealized stories of their ancestors is definitely a Mormon thing, and they believe they can indoctrinate deceased ancestors into the LDS church which is a big reason that ancestry is such a big deal to them. If any of my descendants do that to me I will haunt the shit out of them.
sparkle lemon
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:28 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 312 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by sparkle lemon » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:33 pm

OMG that blue dress is so freaking awful. They look like members of a weird religious cult. The color, the cut, the style is just so WRONG. I have to admit I am loving this spring collection because it's just such a train wreck. I have laughed so hard at some of the comments on here and on their instagram over the last week - it's been great!
Ducklings4
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 390 times
Been thanked: 2839 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by Ducklings4 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:30 pm

sparkle lemon wrote:OMG that blue dress is so freaking awful. They look like members of a weird religious cult. The color, the cut, the style is just so WRONG. I have to admit I am loving this spring collection because it's just such a train wreck. I have laughed so hard at some of the comments on here and on their instagram over the last week - it's been great!
I can’t wait to see which “fans” buy it and send their picture to them. I agree with you their spring line is great for shits and giggles.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ohnonotme
Informer
Informer
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 11:43 pm
Has thanked: 1658 times
Been thanked: 1586 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by Ohnonotme » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:12 pm

Remember how we laughed when they launched their first collection? This new collection makes me remember that first floral wrap dress with fondness, and almost brings a tear to the eye. These new pieces just bring tears of laughter. I will never understand the thought process that went into these designs.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ICantEven
Informer
Informer
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:41 pm
Has thanked: 961 times
Been thanked: 1379 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by ICantEven » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:39 pm

How can they be 2 years in and the designs are getting worse! The house dress was bad, but what in the world is that blue dress?!

I can't get over what poor quality all the clothes look like when they hold them up to the camera. That thick polyester fabric they use for everything drapes horribly and the stitching quality doesn't look great either. Not to mention the elastic /gathering on the outside and the worst colors/patterns ever.
User avatar
gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1249
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 7:44 am
Has thanked: 4119 times
Been thanked: 3031 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by gopedjane » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:21 am

ICantEven wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:39 pm
How can they be 2 years in and the designs are getting worse! The house dress was bad, but what in the world is that blue dress?!

I can't get over what poor quality all the clothes look like when they hold them up to the camera. That thick polyester fabric they use for everything drapes horribly and the stitching quality doesn't look great either. Not to mention the elastic /gathering on the outside and the worst colors/patterns ever.
This has been entertaining! The collar couldn't look any more poorly made. It should be pleated without actually cinching in the top of the dress. The Col. Sanders tie... It only looks kinda okay on the tall model on the left. On the one girl the waist is tucking under her breasts.

But hey, Ellie could probably breast feed in it and it has pockets.
2020-02-19_11-12-43.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YTIG60
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1191
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:32 pm
Has thanked: 4597 times
Been thanked: 4713 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by YTIG60 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:01 am

gopedjane wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:21 am
ICantEven wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:39 pm
How can they be 2 years in and the designs are getting worse! The house dress was bad, but what in the world is that blue dress?!

I can't get over what poor quality all the clothes look like when they hold them up to the camera. That thick polyester fabric they use for everything drapes horribly and the stitching quality doesn't look great either. Not to mention the elastic /gathering on the outside and the worst colors/patterns ever.
This has been entertaining! The collar couldn't look any more poorly made. It should be pleated without actually cinching in the top of the dress. The Col. Sanders tie... It only looks kinda okay on the tall model on the left. On the one girl the waist is tucking under her breasts.

But hey, Ellie could probably breast feed in it and it has pockets.

2020-02-19_11-12-43.jpg
Someone asked if you can remove the navy blue tie and I remember they said no, but can't find the response anymore. They have got to be worried about this spring line with what they know looks like matronly clothes.
This is one of my favorites funny responses - So she is saying this dress is what a maid at a hotel would wear. I can't see J Lo modeling this dress. :D
This one should be called 💙Maid in Manhattan 💙 j-lo could be the model
ICantEven
Informer
Informer
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:41 pm
Has thanked: 961 times
Been thanked: 1379 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by ICantEven » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:17 am

I think they actually did pretty well with the fluttery sleeve top they introduced today. It's not really my style but I wouldn't do a double take if I saw someone wearing it, like some of their other designs. In the photos from the fit model, the blue and white seersucker actually looked nice. I like the tie at the back of the neck. The plain white doesn't look nearly as cute to me, but if they are actually making a lightweight cotton top for the summer, I'd consider that progress!
ICantEven
Informer
Informer
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:41 pm
Has thanked: 961 times
Been thanked: 1379 times

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by ICantEven » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:46 pm

ICantEven wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:17 am
I think they actually did pretty well with the fluttery sleeve top they introduced today. It's not really my style but I wouldn't do a double take if I saw someone wearing it, like some of their other designs. In the photos from the fit model, the blue and white seersucker actually looked nice. I like the tie at the back of the neck. The plain white doesn't look nearly as cute to me, but if they are actually making a lightweight cotton top for the summer, I'd consider that progress!
I take back my initial favorable impression. From the IGTV video, it looks weird and ill-fitting on Ellie and Bonnie. The cap sleeve underneath doesn't really work. Also, for girls who have repeatedly mentioned that they don't like their clothes to be see-through, they missed the boat on this thin white top.
Post Reply

Return to “Ellie and Jared”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests