E+J: Delete, Deny, Defraud (Part #37)

winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: Delete, Deny, Defraud (Part #37)

Unread post by winniewise »

I think Calvin is in speech therapy. The other day someone mentioned that Ellie wouldn't read a book until Calvin asked for it. I have a friend who has her almost 2 yo in speech therapy. She said that's what they do, start a game and pause until the baby asks to continue.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

rdt1004 wrote:
WriteMeOut wrote:Y'all. I'm not sure if this has been talked about, but Beau and Emily gave their baby girl a middle name!! Her name is Clara Jane. They replied to someone who asked if they had misheard (LOL), and apparently Emily wanted it and Beau was fine with it. Go Emily! No stupid Griffiths traditions for you. We all know this just pisses Jennifer off, and makes the Griffiths sisters look down on her.
HoW iS sHe GoInG tO hAvE rOoM fOr HeR fUtUrE hUsBaNdS nAmE nOw!?!?!? Because we all know it would be absurd if Clara decided to do the unthinkable, be a Lucy Stone-r and keep her maiden name. *dripping with so much sarcasm I hope it's very apparent* lol
Or not get married at all! *shock and horror* :-o
justkidding
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justkidding »

winniewise wrote:I think Calvin is in speech therapy. The other day someone mentioned that Ellie wouldn't read a book until Calvin asked for it. I have a friend who has her almost 2 yo in speech therapy. She said that's what they do, start a game and pause until the baby asks to continue.

I’ve suspected this for quite a while but I haven’t watched them regularly enough lately to have an opinion. They always let him ask for things without speaking. Then around the first of the year they suddenly started featuring him “speaking” much like proud parents would when a child was first learning to speak. I found it interesting behavior for parents who had previously been essentially hiding his speech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chrimsi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chrimsi »

winniewise wrote:I think Calvin is in speech therapy. The other day someone mentioned that Ellie wouldn't read a book until Calvin asked for it. I have a friend who has her almost 2 yo in speech therapy. She said that's what they do, start a game and pause until the baby asks to continue.

Exactly! Granpa Mecham also commented that he talked a ton or would not stop talking - I can not remenber his exact words.

And yes, they seem very proud.

But good for Calvin! Either way, he is improving which is wonderful!

Sendt fra min HUAWEI VNS-L21 med Tapatalk
hellomydolly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hellomydolly »

I agree that Ellie set up the room with the TJ and Jared is covering for her with the whole 'you have an m somewhere too'

but

I think its kind of shitty of Ellie to just decide the babies name is Tommy when Jared is away and not even consult Jared on it, she just decided ok I like that name that's his name.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

My guess is they have both decided on Tommy but when Jared saw the TJ letters, he tried to cover it up by saying something about a missing M. Of course that's just a guess on my part.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I _really_ hope they are naming the little guy Thomas, and not just Tommy.
And I am glad that Ellie didn't just shove Mason down Jared's throat.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

WriteMeOut wrote:Y'all. I'm not sure if this has been talked about, but Beau and Emily gave their baby girl a middle name!! Her name is Clara Jane. They replied to someone who asked if they had misheard (LOL), and apparently Emily wanted it and Beau was fine with it. Go Emily! No stupid Griffiths traditions for you. We all know this just pisses Jennifer off, and makes the Griffiths sisters look down on her.
Does their other female child have a middle name? Sorry to not use her name haha. Find them so boring I can’t even dislike watch them

episa
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by episa »

kcri wrote:When an adult puts questionable things online it becomes fair game for criticism. But we are all also adults here so I hope you know that spending your free time making fun of a 2 year old child's looks and comparing them to a fucking gremlin is absolutely disgusting and honestly makes you look 10x worse than Ellie and Jared. Please if you're gonna post here hold yourself to a standard and stop making everyone on this site look like a troll.

This!!! It is shocking to read comments about children from people and then they really think they are better than anyone?? No! You are Worse! Let the children stay sacred I say! They dont deserve this bullying from grown women!

monstermonkey
Informer
Informer

Unread post by monstermonkey »

Wait so they don't give their girls middle names? What's the reasoning behind that?
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

monstermonkey wrote:
Wait so they don't give their girls middle names? What's the reasoning behind that?
When they get married, they can keep their maiden name as their “middle” name. Check out Bonnie’s video of Lincoln’s name reveal. She explains that’s why Olivia’s their only kid without a middle name- so she can be Olivia Hoellein _______ when she’s married. The amount of gender stereotyping and expectations in this “tradition” is gross in my opinion.

captainoflife
Talker
Talker

Unread post by captainoflife »

As a woman who didn’t keep her maiden name when she got married because it sounded absolutely ridiculous and laughable — my father wasn’t upset or mad at my decision. It’s the WOMANS choice, not her parents.

Both my daughters have middle names and I honestly couldn’t care less if they dropped their middle or last name when they got married. Their choice, not mine.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

captainoflife wrote:As a woman who didn’t keep her maiden name when she got married because it sounded absolutely ridiculous and laughable — my father wasn’t upset or mad at my decision. It’s the WOMANS choice, not her parents.

Both my daughters have middle names and I honestly couldn’t care less if they dropped their middle or last name when they got married. Their choice, not mine.
I'm kept my married name even after getting divorced because my maiden name is one of those easily made fun of ones and besides, it made things easier with the kids for me to have the same last name. I kept my middle name because it was my grandmother's name and I love it. Not giving your daughter a middle name just on the assumption that she is _going_ to get married and _going_ to use her maiden name as her middle name is so restrictive and making those assumptions and choices for her just really chaps my hide.

chrimsi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chrimsi »

My brother and I have my mother's maiden name as middle name and my father's last name as our last name. And my mother took her maiden name as middle name and my father's last name when they got married.

I like that way of doing it.

Sendt fra min HUAWEI VNS-L21 med Tapatalk
MotherNature2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MotherNature2 »

My one and only Daughter has 2 middle names..we wanted to honor my Mother who passed and hubbys Mother who was at her birth. My Daughter LOVES that we did that. I’m so glad. It all flows...bonus!
Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

So did Ellie actually keep her maiden name as her middle name then? Ellie Griffiths Mecham? I don’t know if she’s ever spoken about it?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Bundy wrote:So did Ellie actually keep her maiden name as her middle name then? Ellie Griffiths Mecham? I don’t know if she’s ever spoken about it?

That's what we're all figuring. Because it's the Griffiths way, and we all know that the Griffiths way is the best way.
I don't have any issue with a woman using her maiden name as a middle name once she's married, just to be clear. It's the lack of choice, _only_ for the daughters, and the idea that this path is laid out for the kids of both sexes. Just like Jared blathering about how he couldn't wait to watch Jackson in track meets-- like it's a done deal. The boys are going to go on missions and come home and find a wife. And the girls are going to get married young and that's just the way it's going to be.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

My name is from both of my grandmothers middle names

I love middle names

My husband doesn't have one because my mil left it up to my fil to pick one and he was drunk and said he didnt care, so my son is not a jr he has my husbands first name as his middle

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

onbreak wrote:My name is from both of my grandmothers middle names

I love middle names

My husband doesn't have one because my mil left it up to my fil to pick one and he was drunk and said he didnt care, so my son is not a jr he has my husbands first name as his middle

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
My cousin says that before you decide on a middle name, you have to do the "holler test". You stand on your back porch, and yell all three names together like you'd do if your kid is in trouble and you are very angry.. That way you can tell how the three names flow together! I hate to say it, but my best friend's daughter's name doesn't pass the holler test. Love her, love her daughter, but the names don't flow together, LOL.

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

littlebaby wrote:
monstermonkey wrote:
When they get married, they can keep their maiden name as their “middle” name. Check out Bonnie’s video of Lincoln’s name reveal. She explains that’s why Olivia’s their only kid without a middle name- so she can be Olivia Hoellein _______ when she’s married. The amount of gender stereotyping and expectations in this “tradition” is gross in my opinion.

this always bothered me. What if Olivia decides to not get married? I also wonder if it makes her feel weird that she doesn’t have a middle name right now.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”