2 in a Zoo

wildwild94
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2 in a Zoo

Unread post by wildwild94 »

alexmorgan wrote:I feel so bad for them, what a terrible loss.
I hope they watch out for Cadie. Its not even been 2 years since they brought her home. She has been through alot and a pregnancy itself is already a big change and now this ... :-(
I often wonder about Cadence as well. She seems like such a lovey young lady, I can only begin to imagine what she’s been through already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alexmorgan
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alexmorgan »

wildwild94 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:43 am
alexmorgan wrote:I feel so bad for them, what a terrible loss.
I hope they watch out for Cadie. Its not even been 2 years since they brought her home. She has been through alot and a pregnancy itself is already a big change and now this ... :-(
I often wonder about Cadence as well. She seems like such a lovey young lady, I can only begin to imagine what she’s been through already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She does! It seems like the adoption process with her has been very smooth and shes adapting to life in the US very easily. From what ive seen the boys were very welcoming and never had a problem either. That sure makes it easy to forget where this little girl spend the first years of her life.
Mieke
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mieke »

Something about the loss of one of the twins strikes me the wrong way. I don't what it is, but they seem so weird about it.
BTW I'm very sorry for their loss, I just don't know how to explain it...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Mieke wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:40 am Something about the loss of one of the twins strikes me the wrong way. I don't what it is, but they seem so weird about it.

People grief differently. Also, it is really sensitive topic. I would not want to be filmed if that happened to me. Imagine the trauma of carrying one living and one dead child, because even though the baby is dead, she still has to carry it. Being worried about what if the another baby doesn't survive and also being terrified of thought of having to give birth to a dead child. There are multiple factors in it.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

The latest video was a pure advertisement for unnecessary crap! Recap to those who didn't watch: They received a free baby box from a company to promote. You know those kind of monthly subscription boxes.

They made it big deal that the value of the stuff is over 100 dollars when the subscription is only about 40 dollars. Well, it doesn't matter if you truly don't need that crap. Like who would buy 15 dollar cap that is nothing special, only because it says mama?! Like you can find way cuter stuff with cheaper price. It doesn't matter if it retails in 15 dollars if you can spend that 15 dollars way wiser.

I don't know why this video made me so mad. IMO the box is total waste of money and waste of natural resources. People accept stuff into their lives without thinking how wasteful they are being using the money for stuff that probably ends up in the landfill unused.
Mieke
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mieke »

Kataja wrote:
Mieke wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:40 am Something about the loss of one of the twins strikes me the wrong way. I don't what it is, but they seem so weird about it.

People grief differently. Also, it is really sensitive topic. I would not want to be filmed if that happened to me. Imagine the trauma of carrying one living and one dead child, because even though the baby is dead, she still has to carry it. Being worried about what if the another baby doesn't survive and also being terrified of thought of having to give birth to a dead child. There are multiple factors in it.
Yes, of course everyone grieves differently and that's totally okay. Just wanted to see if somebody had the same feeling I had. I'm really feeling for them, this must be very hard.

jjllww
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jjllww »

Today they are going to be premiering a video about what Zoo names they gave to Daisy and Chloe.. Bizarre. Wouldn't you get to know your child first before you give them such a specific nickname?
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

jjllww wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:57 am Today they are going to be premiering a video about what Zoo names they gave to Daisy and Chloe.. Bizarre. Wouldn't you get to know your child first before you give them such a specific nickname?
Also, for me it is strange to give nick name to a dead child. Nick names are just something that form naturally, after you know someone for a while. so creating them ''artificially''' seems too made-up for me. If that makes any sense...
jjllww
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jjllww »

Kataja wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:36 am
jjllww wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:57 am Today they are going to be premiering a video about what Zoo names they gave to Daisy and Chloe.. Bizarre. Wouldn't you get to know your child first before you give them such a specific nickname?
Also, for me it is strange to give nick name to a dead child. Nick names are just something that form naturally, after you know someone for a while. so creating them ''artificially''' seems too made-up for me. If that makes any sense...
Yeah, I agree, I find what they are doing really strange.

Also, I hope they don't keep two cribs in the nursery and stuff like that because they can't let go, there are so many people who struggle to buy everything for their baby and don't get it for free from strangers..

They are going to give Daisy some serious complexes about being the one who didn't die if they talk about Chloe constantly. Birthdays - Chloe should be here. First day of school - Chloe should be here etc.. It makes kids feel like they aren't enough. I have heard so many stories about people who have lost their twin growing up like that.
spYT_br
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by spYT_br »

I watched a few of their videos for the past few months, but the father drives me crazy. He is always interrupting the mother or "translating" what she is saying, as if she is uncapable of expressing herself. Plus, on those videos about the vanishing twin syndrome you could see she was clearly uncomfortable and wanted to get it over with but he kept dragging the subject on and on. I think she is probably a nice lovely person who is forced to expose on camera a lot more than she actually wants. And he just loves the attention more than anything. Probably am not watching anymore after getting the peace of mind that baby number 2 was born ok.
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FlowersTar 68 »

Anyone still watch these?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

I really rarely watch them anymore.
I cannot fathom that they took so small baby to theme park. I dont think that parents with tiny babies should stay home 24/7 and not do outings but theme park is like cluster of people from all around. All those germs.... Kids touching everywhere, parents touching everywhere and then touching the baby... The baby certainly will indirectly be "contaminated".
eliza
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by eliza »

their videos seem so staged now. like the kids and the wife are forced to act and be on camera, especially since mike lost his part time job at an IT company. honestly its so uncomfortable to watch.
maedu1
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by maedu1 »

I feel slightly the same. I feel like that they are less genuine compared to before. But I guess that is what happens eventually when filming constantly

I also feel that they are using Cadie and her Indian culture for views because a lot of their audience are from India.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

AdrianaT
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AdrianaT »

Long time lurker but made an account just to reply to this thread.
I have been following this family after they adopted Cadie. The effort they put in to have her on the same level education-wise is highly commendable. Cadie is herself very intelligent. I loved that they enrolled them in public school. The siblings seem like they do have a close bond which is great. The thing I don't like is the contant Christianity preached in the channel. I stopped watching them because they made me roll my eyes too much. The mom definitely didn't seem to have bonded with Cadie as much as the dad. I checked them out a week ago after not watching them for almost a year. The last I watched was when they lost one of the twin; side note: the whole pregnancy didn't leave a good taste for me, they exploited and showed too much of it for videos and too early in the pregnancy too. The mom in the last few videos I watched seem engaging now in the videos, earlier she didn't care at all if she was in them, might be because they don't have a steady job at the moment. She still, I feel has not accepted Cadie fully. Her last 2 videos were weird where she hugged and kissed only the 3 boys and Cadie was left. And because of the backlash, in the next video somehow Caleb "caught them off-guard" talking about how Melanie was the one who wanted Cadie and Mike was not on-board with adopting first. That whole video was so weird. At this time they are basically just putting out videos for their indian subscribers with Cadie on the thumbnail most of the time. The dad, Mike, I cannot put my finger on what, but he creeps me out. There is something I don't like about him. He come across as so fake. But atleast they are doing their masters and phd's, even though it's on something religious.
eliza
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by eliza »

omg i know right! that whole "accidentally" recording part in the restaurant seemed SO fake. what a weird topic of conversation just at that moment. it seemed so staged. and caleb just happened to be "recording". how convenient

i feel for mel if she doesnt want to be in the videos but is forced to. at the same time it makes me so sad that her behaviour towards cadie isnt the same as her behaviour towards the boys. i see all these videos where mel is constantly kissing the boys, rubbing their hair etc. but never with cadie. she also never looks at cadie when answering her questions. and her smile just completely disappears when cadie talks. just some things that i've observed and it makes me so sad. i feel bad even writing about it because i'm pretty sure these comments would be deleted if it was on their videos.

cadie meanwhile, seems to be completely open with mel. she has no reservations with mel and even takes her side at times over her dad's side. but the mum definitely looks to be in a foul mood with cadie. i remember seeing a comment where someone suggested maybe cadie's bond with mike upsets her.

as nice as mike is, something about him creeps me out too - like something dark thats hidden from us.

so many youtube families have broken apart from the whole vlogging thing - i really hope mike finds another job and dont force his family to be on camera all the time. apparently, mike losing his job is a "sign from God" that they should invest full time on youtube. SIGH
mgal123
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by mgal123 »

They had a party for Daisy's first birthday. With over 60 people. In the middle of a pandemic.

I used to love watching this family. But this is the last straw for me.
maedu1
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by maedu1 »

I'm glad to see people called them out in this. It was ridiculous throwing a big party. And Mike's excuses were bunch of BS. I contemplate unsubcribing from them as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Diamond1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Diamond1 »

Anyone still watching them?
Diamond1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Diamond1 »

Originally I came across their channel when they were in India to take Cadie home with them back in 2017. I have been watching their channel on and off since then. I found their gotcha video to be very touching and I was so happy for Cadie. Mike and Mel both seem to love her a lot. It’s amazing how quickly Cadie bonded with her new siblings and learned to speak English. She really deserves a loving family which she has now.

What bothers me about them though is that the parents are always buying more and more material stuff for the kids. It seems like they are not very environment friendly. Most of the plastic toys, clothes will probably just end up in a landfill. They shop a lot for Christmas, birthdays, back to school, etc. I feel like sometimes they just buy stuff for the sake of it. In a family where there are 4 kids, they could have the siblings share more. They are a big family but from what it seems like they spend money like there is no tomorrow. I’m not sure where they got so much money from because they do seem to be very well off. It looks like only Mike has been working because for the most part Mel is raising kids and is a homeschooling stay at home mom. They got a huge house, huge car, vacation home, etc. One more thing, they barely wore masks when COVID was around (it’s still around) and they kept going to places like nothing has changed. I also don’t like how the channel focuses way too much on Christianity.

I mean I’m happy for them and I keep watching them, this is just something they do.

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”