• Advertisement
    

Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a hous

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby janem » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 am

Sorry don’t buy this whole video today. They aren’t really saving all that much. Some of those amounts seemed low. Plus they aren’t living in the RV full time.
They said they were also small business owners. Something other than YouTube they made it sound like. They didn’t say what it was.
I think this was another pre filmed video. Wonder how much they’re actually making off YouTube.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
janem
Gossiper
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:58 am
Has thanked: 25599 times
Been thanked: 6254 times

Advertisement

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby ewokfan11 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:40 am

Does anyone know why June would be on a different health care plan than C&K??? Maybe they qualify for low income insurance, so June is basically on Medicaid? C&K must be on a really CRAPPY plan considering they only pay about $250 a month for both of them.

HOLY BEANS! By their own estimates, they still spend about $3000 a month living "frugally" in the RV?????!!!! And they aren't paying anything for the RV. They have a lot of debt, so do they really need to spend $500 a month on food if they have that much debt to pay off? $1000 a month in gas? How about just stay with Corbin's parents and pay off your credit cards and student loans and car???

I noticed he didn't mention anything about paying taxes. :?

They seem to be in some serious financial trouble. Time to stop the non-stop vacation lifestyle and tackle "real" life. Do they really think they will EVER be able to get a house with that sort of messed up budget? Do they even have a dime in savings?

I had to LOL when Corbin said they are "small business owners." Small is right....
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 1680 times
Been thanked: 10610 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby janem » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:52 am

ewokfan11 wrote:Does anyone know why June would be on a different health care plan than C&K??? Maybe they qualify for low income insurance, so June is basically on Medicaid? C&K must be on a really CRAPPY plan considering they only pay about $250 a month for both of them.

HOLY BEANS! By their own estimates, they still spend about $3000 a month living "frugally" in the RV?????!!!! And they aren't paying anything for the RV. They have a lot of debt, so do they really need to spend $500 a month on food if they have that much debt to pay off? $1000 a month in gas? How about just stay with Corbin's parents and pay off your credit cards and student loans and car???

I noticed he didn't mention anything about paying taxes. :?

They seem to be in some serious financial trouble. Time to stop the non-stop vacation lifestyle and tackle "real" life. Do they really think they will EVER be able to get a house with that sort of messed up budget? Do they even have a dime in savings?

I had to LOL when Corbin said they are "small business owners." Small is right....


I also thought June must be on Medicaid. They also probably just pay the minimum on their credit cards and student loans. He didn’t bother to mention how much they’re actually saving, which I don’t think is too much. They’re still spending a lot on frivolous things. $1000 on gas is a lot!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
janem
Gossiper
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:58 am
Has thanked: 25599 times
Been thanked: 6254 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby Ducklings4 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:59 am

I can’t imagine living the way they do. I would be so stressed. I agree with a previous post this is all about Corbin. Sorry, but a good parent will swallow their pride in order to give a better life for their daughter. It’s no longer about what Corbin or Kelsey like it’s about a stable healthy life for June. God forbid any of them get really sick. I am sure their insurance covers catastrophic events, but if they fall and break a leg or an arm that’s out of pocket until they meet that high deductible. June’s I am sure covers her wellness visits etc.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 666 times
Been thanked: 6787 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby Steps_to_STFU » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:00 am

My car insurance alone is $180 and I drive a Ford Flex, never had an accident and don't have any tickets. I call bullshit on a number or their claims. They do not earn enough from YouTube to be footing their bills. Mommy and daddy are helping more then they let on. What is this small business he speaks of?

June is most definitely on Medicaid.

They're so full of shit I can't.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
User avatar
Steps_to_STFU
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 336 times
Been thanked: 6864 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby onbreak » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:01 am

They are probably still deferring the student loans.

Crazy obvious how they both cannot function in the real world. Why is it not coming across to them during editing?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
User avatar
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 3005
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:30 am
Has thanked: 9663 times
Been thanked: 14769 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby onbreak » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:26 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=G_nEhOTPUcM

My son sent me this last night. He wants to buy a van and fix it like this.

Move over, Corbin! .. the next generations here

For a journalist and an artist they should have two small businesses minimum.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
User avatar
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 3005
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:30 am
Has thanked: 9663 times
Been thanked: 14769 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby ewokfan11 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:33 am

onbreak wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=G_nEhOTPUcM

My son sent me this last night. He wants to buy a van and fix it like this.

Move over, Corbin! .. the next generations here

For a journalist and an artist they should have two small businesses minimum.


A journalist? An artist? Meh, they PRETEND to be those things. I've worked in journalism for about 15 years now. Corbin's "career" in journalism is a JOKE. He was a "producer" at a super tiny news station for about a year and just didn't have what it takes to really have a career in journalism. It's a tough job and it doesn't pay much (I definitely know about that, LOL). I can tell by watching the vlogs why he quit—he doesn't want to put in the work. He's lazy! So is Kelsey.

I think he meant that their "small business" is doing brand deals. I'm sure they aren't doing anything else.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 1680 times
Been thanked: 10610 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby Sunshiner » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Wow...$3000 a month still??? Holy cow. Thays some serious debt to pay off. I bet they're fuming that they've barely moved from 250k subs for a long time now. How can they not see that their 'van life' vlogs are 95% boring??? I literally liked a couple moments like the secret lake I thought was beautiful. (I never like their vids i refuse to help them lol) But then it's sort of tainted with dumb videos like their expenses. Probably because they did nothing all day and had no better ideas!

Poor June. One if not both of them need to find a job! They want to be missy and Bryan so bad but it's unrealistic. No-one can sustain a decent lifestyle living jobless on the road with no savings or income. They must think they need to both be jobless to make videos but if you can't create decent content...sort it out!
Sunshiner
Amateur
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:27 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby fossilfinger » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:45 pm

I bet their supposed "small business" is peddling other companies' products through their sponsorship deals. They definitely do not run a business, they are just other people's puppets and put in the minimum effort to make money.
fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2696
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:08 pm
Has thanked: 951 times
Been thanked: 6394 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby ewokfan11 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:25 pm

If you guys haven't seen his "I quit my job" video, it's good for a laugh about how irresponsible he has been for years and years. UGH, that "it was taking over my whole life" comment is just cringe.... What a buffoon. I guess building a career should just involve a couple hours of work a week and maybe 3-hour lunches with beers and leaving early and coming in late, etc. Ya know, cause that's "healthy" and working a real job with real hour and requirements is "too stressful" and unhealthy and will obviously KILL YOU! LOL

He's going to need to delete that video when he starts applying for jobs again. No one wants to employ someone with his attitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaZMCOg73ow

I wonder what Kelsey did when he quit. They weren't living in the same place at the time and she wasn't working either (she was finishing school 300 miles away). I'm guessing a lot of their debt comes from this time—paying two rents alone must have sucked them dry.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 1680 times
Been thanked: 10610 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby alyssadt » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:35 pm

I wonder how they are paying their student loans. Sure, if they are federal loans then they probably are on a deferred or an income driven payment plan but if they have any private loans (which I’m sure they do) it’s not that easy. I know with my private loans, if I wanted to deter I could only do it for a year, I’d have to re-apply for deferment every three months and pay a fee of $150 each time. His parents must be helping them out way more than just providing the RV.

I just don’t get it. How narcissistic do you have to be to continue doing YouTube - especially when it’s not providing for your family - instead of going out and getting a real job? I also think that K&C have been fighting a lot and honestly, I think Kelsey is starting to realize that the whole YouTube thing isn’t going to pan out. It’s too bad Corbin is too self-centered to see past his own nose and Kelsey doesn’t have the balls to truly put her foot down. I hope with them moving closer to family that she finds the strength (and support) she needs to stand up to him. I imagine it going down intervention style lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alyssadt
Informer
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 2778 times
Been thanked: 2027 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby ewokfan11 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:54 pm

alyssadt wrote:I wonder how they are paying their student loans.


I have wondered about this too. Corbin went to a very expensive private school (currently $47,000/year) in SoCal and Kelsey must have had to pay out-of-state tuition for her degree (they weren't residents of Oregon for very long, so she wouldn't have qualified for cheaper in-state tuition). I'm guessing they have well over $100,000 in student loans combined. They'll probably still be paying them off when June starts college...scary thought!
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 1680 times
Been thanked: 10610 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby janem » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:16 pm

ewokfan11 wrote:If you guys haven't seen his "I quit my job" video, it's good for a laugh about how irresponsible he has been for years and years. UGH, that "it was taking over my whole life" comment is just cringe.... What a buffoon. I guess building a career should just involve a couple hours of work a week and maybe 3-hour lunches with beers and leaving early and coming in late, etc. Ya know, cause that's "healthy" and working a real job with real hour and requirements is "too stressful" and unhealthy and will obviously KILL YOU! LOL

He's going to need to delete that video when he starts applying for jobs again. No one wants to employ someone with his attitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaZMCOg73ow

I wonder what Kelsey did when he quit. They weren't living in the same place at the time and she wasn't working either (she was finishing school 300 miles away). I'm guessing a lot of their debt comes from this time—paying two rents alone must have sucked them dry.


Wow. If here was any doubt before what an egotistical idiot Corbin was, that video proves it. He only worked that job for 2 weeks! It was affecting his health! He did say something about family and friends helping them. Wonder if the Lannings were giving them $$$ then.

Really is time to grow up.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
User avatar
janem
Gossiper
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:58 am
Has thanked: 25599 times
Been thanked: 6254 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby Sunshiner » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:29 am

Today's vlog was 4 minutes of pretending how great the campground is. Nice to not see corbin for once though lol. I dunno why it was laid out like an ad...maybe Corbin is bored and wanted to play with his software and camera technique. Is one of you guys Handsy Panda? His comment made me chuckle.
Sunshiner
Amateur
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:27 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby Ducklings4 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:53 am

Why bother uploading if you don’t even have 5 min of footage?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 666 times
Been thanked: 6787 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby Steps_to_STFU » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:04 am

That was one of the laziest vlogs I have ever seen. Sorry but your van life is not that interesting even to you apparently when you can't come up with more than 4 mins of material. Their social blade doesn't even support the claim they live solely off of YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
User avatar
Steps_to_STFU
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 336 times
Been thanked: 6864 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby melonyogloo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:34 am

Steps_to_STFU wrote:That was one of the laziest vlogs I have ever seen. Sorry but your van life is not that interesting even to you apparently when you can't come up with more than 4 mins of material. Their social blade doesn't even support the claim they live solely off of YouTube.


They never put any effort into their videos, ever since the beginning. Their vlogs are so staged and scripted that they film very little of it and is very easy to edit. They make so many talking head videos because they don't do ANYTHING most of the time and therefore have no adventure footage to post. If they decided to do something on a given day, they split them into three vlogs and post them separetely. They seem to work one day and take the next two off. It is not a recipe for success in any field, let alone Youtube.
melonyogloo
Amateur
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:23 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 268 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby janem » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:36 am

melonyogloo wrote:
Steps_to_STFU wrote:That was one of the laziest vlogs I have ever seen. Sorry but your van life is not that interesting even to you apparently when you can't come up with more than 4 mins of material. Their social blade doesn't even support the claim they live solely off of YouTube.


They never put any effort into their videos, ever since the beginning. Their vlogs are so staged and scripted that they film very little of it and is very easy to edit. They make so many talking head videos because they don't do ANYTHING most of the time and therefore have no adventure footage to post. If they decided to do something on a given day, they split them into three vlogs and post them separetely. They seem to work one day and take the next two off. It is not a recipe for success in any field, let alone Youtube.


That’s exactly what they’re doing... splitting one day into multiple vlogs. Kelsey even said that they had gone someplace the day before but they didn’t show it.

On their expense vlog he didn’t mention the amount of $$ they pay for their storage unit. I would think they’ve got a large one to hold all the stuff from the house rental. I really, really hope neither one of their parents are paying for a lot of this stuff. If they are it’s just enabling their laziness.

So much for wanting to buy a house.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
janem
Gossiper
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:58 am
Has thanked: 25599 times
Been thanked: 6254 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby ewokfan11 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:55 pm

janem wrote:On their expense vlog he didn’t mention the amount of $$ they pay for their storage unit. I would think they’ve got a large one to hold all the stuff from the house rental. I really, really hope neither one of their parents are paying for a lot of this stuff. If they are it’s just enabling their laziness.


I've been curious about that from the beginning. They never showed a storage unit. I'm guessing everything is actually stored at a parent's house. They have used Kelsey's mom's garage in the past.

My other curiosity is TAXES! They have to pay all their taxes themselves (about 20% of their income) and they should be paying them quarterly. How on earth are they saving for that?? My guess is they are behind on their taxes.

I'm guessing their parents don't know the extent of their financial issues...otherwise I'm sure there would be an intervention or Corbin would be cut be cut off (maybe again).

Carrying so much debt without a regular income isn't ideal in any situation, but they have A CHILD! Corbin AND Kelsey should both get jobs and pay off their debt. Like someone else said, I'd be SOOOOOOOOOO stressed out to live like they do with so many bills and no regular income and a child to take care of. Now I see why they always seem to be running away...they are running away from their bills, debt and problems.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 1680 times
Been thanked: 10610 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby justkidding » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:48 pm

I could be wrong but I think YouTube deducts money for taxes. It might not be enough but I feel like I’ve heard that they withhold taxes.

I don’t watch hardly any of their videos so maybe I’m uninformed, have they admitted to all the debt being discussed here or is the debt an assumption? It makes sense - car, school, etc. I’m just asking whether it’s fact or guess.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justkidding
Amateur
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:13 pm
Has thanked: 421 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:15 pm

justkidding wrote:I could be wrong but I think YouTube deducts money for taxes. It might not be enough but I feel like I’ve heard that they withhold taxes.

I don’t watch hardly any of their videos so maybe I’m uninformed, have they admitted to all the debt being discussed here or is the debt an assumption? It makes sense - car, school, etc. I’m just asking whether it’s fact or guess.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I would be very surprised if they withheld the tax. Technically you tubers are self employed, which means they’re reaonspible for all their own tax. They’re not employees of YouTube.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2411
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Has thanked: 418 times
Been thanked: 9500 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby ewokfan11 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:23 pm

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
justkidding wrote:I could be wrong but I think YouTube deducts money for taxes. It might not be enough but I feel like I’ve heard that they withhold taxes.

I don’t watch hardly any of their videos so maybe I’m uninformed, have they admitted to all the debt being discussed here or is the debt an assumption? It makes sense - car, school, etc. I’m just asking whether it’s fact or guess.



I would be very surprised if they withheld the tax. Technically you tubers are self employed, which means they’re reaonspible for all their own tax. They’re not employees of YouTube.


YT doesn't withhold anything—they aren't employed by YT or Google. I know because I've received AdSense checks. They are totally on their own to pay ALL their taxes.

A lot of YTers complain about having to pay their taxes. Carlie Butler didn't even bother to pay her taxes for about 3 years! YIKES. David Dobrik once said on his podcast he owed $1.7M in taxes (he obviously makes a lot more than C&K, LOL).

As for their debts, they've mentioned student loans and credit card debt from even their early vlogs. I think Corbin maxed out his CC for the Europe trip where they got engaged. The car is only about a year or so old, but they bought or leased it new, so that's got to be a big chuck of change each month.

While they haven't given out a number in regard to their debt, they are obviously drowning in debt.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 1680 times
Been thanked: 10610 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby Ducklings4 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:41 pm

They mentioned paying for gas, car payments, insurance payments, food, credit card payments, student loans, plus occasional camp grounds. I am sure I am missing something, but they never mentioned taxes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 666 times
Been thanked: 6787 times

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby ewokfan11 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:13 pm

Ducklings4 wrote:They mentioned paying for gas, car payments, insurance payments, food, credit card payments, student loans, plus occasional camp grounds. I am sure I am missing something, but they never mentioned taxes.


I brought up the tax issue because I do a lot of freelance work (aside from my regular job), and I know I need to set aside a certain amount because as a freelancer you HAVE to pay your taxes yourself. It's quite a pain in the bootie, but you have to do it.

Corbin and Kelsey are 100% self-employed, so all their income—YT AdSense, brand deals, sponsorships and even PR gifts—is subject to taxation.

A lot of YTers have accountants because it gets complicated. I hope C&K are being responsible and not just ignoring it and not filing their taxes to pretend taxes don't apply to them.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 1680 times
Been thanked: 10610 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to The Wander Family - Steps to Wander

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

  • Advertisement