Aaryn Williams | Part 10

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Aaryn Williams | Part 10

Unread post by blackroses »

Sorry it took so long guys! Any thread title suggestions are appreciated.

Previous part: viewtopic.php?f=252&t=13612
glorygirl920
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Aaryn Williams | Part 10

Unread post by glorygirl920 »

I really don't understand why it's so hard for her to take the paci away. When I wanted my son it be done I put them all in the top drawer of his dresser and we haven't looked back. I think people build it up to be harder than it actually is....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Carmencita
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Carmencita »

glorygirl920 wrote:I really don't understand why it's so hard for her to take the paci away. When I wanted my son it be done I put them all in the top drawer of his dresser and we haven't looked back. I think people build it up to be harder than it actually is....

They say it is better to go cold turkey and remove it altogether and then it usually takes a couple of days of whining and the kid forgets about it. I feel like she just can’t bear the whining even for a couple of days. But she’ll have to at some point, why prolong the misery?
kristinn281
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by kristinn281 »

Carmencita wrote:
glorygirl920 wrote:I really don't understand why it's so hard for her to take the paci away. When I wanted my son it be done I put them all in the top drawer of his dresser and we haven't looked back. I think people build it up to be harder than it actually is....

They say it is better to go cold turkey and remove it altogether and then it usually takes a couple of days of whining and the kid forgets about it. I feel like she just can’t bear the whining even for a couple of days. But she’ll have to at some point, why prolong the misery?
This is my suggestion AarynWilliams drinking everyday escaping life in every possible way lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
kristinn281
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

kristinn281 wrote:
Carmencita wrote:

This is my suggestion AarynWilliams drinking everyday escaping life in every possible way lol

OI think I have another one Aaryn Williams drinking every day Skyla runs the house every single day lmao

glorygirl920
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Carmencita wrote:

She's legit making it harder for herself the longer she waits. Now Skyla is old enough to actually ask for it so it's way harder.

Jujuisonthatbeat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Jujuisonthatbeat »

glorygirl920 wrote:
Carmencita wrote:

She's legit making it harder for herself the longer she waits. Now Skyla is old enough to actually ask for it so it's way harder.

It looks like she found an article that says that pacifier use is OK until the child turns 3 years old. Meaning, she won't be taking it away until next year. Skyla's bite looks messed up. You don't have to agree with me but it does.
glorygirl920
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Jujuisonthatbeat wrote:
glorygirl920 wrote:
Carmencita wrote: They say it is better to go cold turkey and remove it altogether and then it usually takes a couple of days of whining and the kid forgets about it. I feel like she just can’t bear the whining even for a couple of days. But she’ll have to at some point, why prolong the misery?

It looks like she found an article that says that pacifier use is OK until the child turns 3 years old. Meaning, she won't be taking it away until next year. Skyla's bite looks messed up. You don't have to agree with me but it does.
Funny how she probably found the one website that supported her need to keep Skyla pacified ImageImage

vandelynn
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by vandelynn »

glorygirl920 wrote:
Jujuisonthatbeat wrote:
glorygirl920 wrote:She's legit making it harder for herself the longer she waits. Now Skyla is old enough to actually ask for it so it's way harder.

Funny how she probably found the one website that supported her need to keep Skyla pacified ImageImage

Ikr!! I wonder how many websites she had to go thru and read just to find the one that says it ok and it literally probably is only 1 out of 2 million lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
itsjustme21
Informer
Informer

Unread post by itsjustme21 »

I’m just laughing at her stupidity since she previously said “it was so easy” taking the paci away he first time. If she wasn’t such a lazy parent she could have kept it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MintJulep
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MintJulep »

What do the professionals think about pacifier use?

Many speech-language pathologists recommend stopping pacifier use at approximately 1 year of age. At this age, important developments in your child’s speech and language learning are occurring rapidly; therefore, maximizing your child’s opportunities to babble and speak optimizes his or her ability to develop speech and language skills. A pacifier may decrease the likelihood of your child babbling or speaking and, if he or she attempts to babble while sucking a pacifier, your child’s speech will be distorted. Some speech-language pathologists also assert that pacifiers impede normal development of tongue and lip muscles and movements due to the unnatural position imposed on these structures by the presence of the pacifier.

What does the research say?

Pacifier use has been associated with conditions that are considered risk factors for speech and language issues:

Ear infections: Prolonged and frequent pacifier use appears to be a risk factor in the development of Otitis Media. Repeated middle ear infections can increase the risk of hearing loss – and even cause temporary conductive hearing loss. Children with hearing loss have more difficulty learning speech and language.
Dental problems: Malocclusion (misaligned or malpositioned jaw/teeth) is associated with prolonged pacifier use. Differences in dental structures can lead to distortions during the articulation of speech sounds.
Joanna234

Unread post by Joanna234 »

Why is she pushing the pacifier on her anyway? When Aaryn asked Skyla for the paci, she just gave it away. Like other people said, there’ll be whining for a bit and then she’ll forget. She was fine for a while without it anyway. Can she really be that lazy she cant deal with a small inconvenience for a couple days. Now she read this article, and she’ll wait another year. It’ll get harder.
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

I know kids that were potty trained by 2.5 and still took the paci at night. They turned out fine. It will be hard at night for about a week. They will cry because they want something in their mouth. But it usually will only take about a week. I don’t see a issue with allowing her to have it at night for a little bit longer.

kristinn281
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

chloe6124 wrote:I know kids that were potty trained by 2.5 and still took the paci at night. They turned out fine. It will be hard at night for about a week. They will cry because they want something in their mouth. But it usually will only take about a week. I don’t see a issue with allowing her to have it at night for a little bit longer.

I will have to argue on this because both of my kids had one in till the age of 5 of them 6 Neither one of them have any problems with their bite or speech. I have posted a picture on here of my 11 year old daughter's perfect bite teeth and mouth and she was the one that suck a pacifier and until she was 6 years old The only thing I don't quite understand is why she took it away only to give it back?[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201806 ... 99a1f4.jpg[/img]

glorygirl920
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

kristinn281 wrote:
chloe6124 wrote:I know kids that were potty trained by 2.5 and still took the paci at night. They turned out fine. It will be hard at night for about a week. They will cry because they want something in their mouth. But it usually will only take about a week. I don’t see a issue with allowing her to have it at night for a little bit longer.

I will have to argue on this because both of my kids had one in till the age of 5 of them 6 Neither one of them have any problems with their bite or speech. I have posted a picture on here of my 11 year old daughter's perfect bite teeth and mouth and she was the one that suck a pacifier and until she was 6 years old The only thing I don't quite understand is why she took it away only to give it back?[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201806 ... 99a1f4.jpg[/img]

I've seen 2 year olds with teeth messed up you could tell where the pacifier was because the teeth were curved around it. It all depends on how long and how much suction the child is using. Also just genetics. Some kids teeth are more susceptible to moving from that suction and some aren't. There's damage that can potentially be done by keeping it for too long but no damage done by taking it too early. So why not just take it? There's going to lots of things she going to have to tell Skyla no on and if taking the pacifier is already this hard then she's in for it later. ImageImage

kristinn281
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I know that is crazy that she sucked one until she was 6 lol we used avent Pacifier from birth But we went up to the correct size maybe if she gets her one that is for her age it won't mess her teeth up by her sucking on a wubanubI don't think is too good
glorygirl920 wrote:
kristinn281 wrote:

I've seen 2 year olds with teeth messed up you could tell where the pacifier was because the teeth were curved around it. It all depends on how long and how much suction the child is using. Also just genetics. Some kids teeth are more susceptible to moving from that suction and some aren't. There's damage that can potentially be done by keeping it for too long but no damage done by taking it too early. So why not just take it? There's going to lots of things she going to have to tell Skyla no on and if taking the pacifier is already this hard then she's in for it later. ImageImage

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

kristinn281 wrote:

I actually agree with you. Yeah six is a little extreme. But I don’t see a issue with letting skyla have it at night a little longer yet. My middle sister flushed hers down the the toilet lol. Then my mom said that’s it no more.

Tootired2mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Tootired2mom »

chloe6124 wrote:
kristinn281 wrote:

I actually agree with you. Yeah six is a little extreme. But I don’t see a issue with letting skyla have it at night a little longer yet. My middle sister flushed hers down the the toilet lol. Then my mom said that’s it no more.

I took my 17 month old’s from her during the day. She gets it at naps and bedtime. I’m gonna potty train her next month so I didn’t wanna force to much on her at once. I feel like once they start talking more they shouldn’t have it during awake times, so they don’t try to talk around it.
Not_Sponsored
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Not_Sponsored »

Sighhhh can we not, with the pacifier thing? This topic has been totally beat to death on this forum.
Joanna234

Unread post by Joanna234 »

Tell me again why shes a motherhood vlogger if she takes out all the clips with her children and only leaves in her shopping and UD beauty events? She is not prepared for competitive dance if shes looking forward to glittery eyeliner.

And if Skyla acted “good for Skyla but Adeline was a dream” maybe its time you start teaching your child how to act in public.

Return to “Aaryn Williams”