• Advertisement
    

John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby sadie » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:06 pm

131618 wrote:
sadie wrote:Can someone post the pic from her insta? She blocked me
Screenshot_20180713-224437_Instagram.jpeg


Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk


Thanks

Jeez somethings should be kept private.
sadie
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:24 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 3110 times

Advertisement

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby sweetener » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:09 pm

charmed596 wrote:
My dad died this week and I would full on brawl with someone who tried to compare grief. I got 22 years with my dad which is more than a lot get but my grief is obviously still valid. It’s would be incredibly narcissistic to assume otherwise.

I hate the pain Olympics.


I'm so sorry for your loss.
sweetener
Informer
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:28 pm
Location: USA
Has thanked: 294 times
Been thanked: 1414 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby HelloSweetie » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:39 pm

I’m so sorry Charmed. We may seem like a bunch of snarky bitches here, but we do have hearts.

((Hugs))


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 12390
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 13740 times
Been thanked: 57654 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby charmed596 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:45 pm

Thank you all so much! We had about a weeks notice and our community has really helped out.

It def gave me a little more perspective on grief. Instead of having to have the most grief and awful story why not lean on each other? Even if you think your story is worse, you can still help another
User avatar
charmed596
Informer
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 3:38 pm
Has thanked: 861 times
Been thanked: 2010 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby eab424 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:35 pm

GymChick wrote:I’m sure at first Joan though everyone was haters when she was disabling comments and deleting Pics but it think she actually did some real googling and realized not everyone with advice is a hater. I still think it’s crazy that she didn’t already know about all the baby carry and car seat safety, the way she always talked about motherhood and Maeve- if it just seemed like she was involved in the mom community and I figured she was educated about a lot of things. By one of their recent blogs I watched Joan and John didn’t even realize that babies didn’t smile and react right away, and didn’t know about the startle reflex lol.


But I guess I should have known she would be uneducated, I remember one of her IG posts of Maeve turning one she of course wrote an essay about how she imagine Maeve’s day would have been and she said Maeve would have asked “more birthday cake” or something like that lol and I was like wow if my 12 month old could say that it would be amazing lol she actually thought a 12 month old could speak small sentences (endquote)

For the life of me I can't wrap my mind around someone who doesn't educate themselves for motherhood. I mean she is a second time mom (since she did give birth to Maeve and had 9 months etc) so you'd think during her pregnancy she'd read up on how to use car seats etc.

My ex sister in law is like that. She was 42 when she became a first time mom. She didn't care of the baby item was a good item or not. We still talk and I did help her with her baby registry. Apparently the store was out of the travel system she registered for and instead bought another brand. It was one of the cheapest junkiest pieces of crap ever. In 2015 if a travel system is $120 you know it's a piece of crap. Broke within 3 months.

But just common sense stuff like she'd put him down for naps with 4 adult pillows on the couch and lie him on top of them and would go to the basement to work. Her husband is 28 years older and he gives her advice based on what it was like 28 years ago when his next youngest son was a baby. Those two are hard to handle let me tell ya. They'd even put the car seat in the front seat. I just don't understand those that don't read a book, talk to veteran moms, watch videos, read instructions on a car seat etc.

I even have seen a photo on instagram where the mom is using the infant car seat forwards for a two year old. Not a quick trip either it was a 3 hour car ride.


Also Charmed596 I am so very sorry about your dad. That is just horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eab424
Gossiper
 
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:12 pm
Has thanked: 743 times
Been thanked: 1025 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby ihateliars » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Who wants to start taking bets that Vera will be a fox for Halloween?? ((Charmed, I’m so sorry for your loss!))
ihateliars
Talker
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 267 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby Amelia322 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:20 pm

Definitely a fox it’s so sad


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 3615
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 4632 times
Been thanked: 12641 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby Gossipgirlygirl333 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:39 am

They take the fox thing too far... it's like Maeve has been reincarnated into a fox. When they see one in the yard it's like a "sign" that she's watching. So creepy. "Maeve's in the yard again, Johnny!"
Gossipgirlygirl333
Amateur
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:24 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby Gossipgirlygirl333 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:39 am

They take the fox thing too far... it's like Maeve has been reincarnated into a fox. When they see one in the yard it's like a "sign" that she's watching. So creepy. "Maeve's in the yard again, Johnny!"
Gossipgirlygirl333
Amateur
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:24 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby actuallydear » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:58 am

ihateliars wrote:Who wants to start taking bets that Vera will be a fox for Halloween?? ((Charmed, I’m so sorry for your loss!))

Maybe they’ll just cut out the middleman and she’ll just go as Maeve?

I wonder if a little old lady stopped Joan and Vera on the street, peeked at Vera and cooed, asking the baby’s name... would Joan sometimes role play and say “Maeve”? Because I wouldn’t put that past her.
User avatar
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 3386
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:53 am
Has thanked: 9441 times
Been thanked: 18081 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby ihateliars » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:06 pm

actuallydear wrote:
ihateliars wrote:Who wants to start taking bets that Vera will be a fox for Halloween?? ((Charmed, I’m so sorry for your loss!))

Maybe they’ll just cut out the middleman and she’ll just go as Maeve?

I wonder if a little old lady stopped Joan and Vera on the street, peeked at Vera and cooed, asking the baby’s name... would Joan sometimes role play and say “Maeve”? Because I wouldn’t put that past her.


That actually gave me a sick feeling!!:( I wouldn’t be surprised!
ihateliars
Talker
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 267 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby eab424 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:41 pm

So I know she's pushed away friends who've had living children, I have to wonder if she's pushed away any family members yet.

Little off topic but doesn't John look a lot older than he really is? That beard does nothing for him.
eab424
Gossiper
 
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:12 pm
Has thanked: 743 times
Been thanked: 1025 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby aral12 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:41 am

eab424 wrote:So I know she's pushed away friends who've had living children, I have to wonder if she's pushed away any family members yet.

Little off topic but doesn't John look a lot older than he really is? That beard does nothing for him.


She’s previously spoken a few times about someone (I think an Aunty) who had asked if Joan was going to constantly post daily photos of Maeve as she found photos of a deceased baby and said I’m sorry but if you are I’ll have to unfriend you as it distresses me or something to that affect and both Joan and her mum were angry and Joan blocked her and cut her off


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
aral12
Gossiper
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:21 am
Has thanked: 15481 times
Been thanked: 2687 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby LCCS225 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:54 am

lmmomSD wrote:
LCCS225 wrote:
Amelia322 wrote:It’s just sad all around. I think she needs to remove her self from the loss community. I was hoping Vera would be the thing to get her out of her grief funk. I know that it never goes away but it does get better over time. She seems to have been in constant counseling over the last 3 years and it still seems like a recent loss. You would think maybe she’d consider medication since she’s not healing? I wonder what her counselors think... how much can they go over in 3 years? I’ve never been to one longer than 6 months so I’m curious... if anyone has any insight.

This is her opportunity to come out of the sadness. She keeps going back. Her life doesn’t revolve around Maeve anymore, at least it shouldn’t. It’s okay to move on from passed loved ones. They will always be in our hearts. Always.

She pushes everyone away who doesn’t kiss her ass. It’s sad. She can’t handle anything one says! Scary!!

Can you imagine how the in laws feel? Like oh shit we are going to Joan’s it’s better if we just don’t talk in case we make her break down.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right. She has surrounded herself for so long with ONLY mothers who have had still births. I think for her own health and the health of her family, she needs to move away from them for a while. I really cannot believe that Joan has any friends in her daily life, everyone must walk on eggshells all the time because having seen the way she reacts to anyone who dares think differently than her on social media, I cannot imagine what she does/says in real life. I'd love to know how she reacts to a person who has never had a child, or has had live children that have then passed away from illness in their young years...because guess what Joan, their pain is probably WORSE than yours.

She is clearly in need of medication and more intensive therapy. But if she is unwilling to let go of Maeve even one iota, even the best therapist will not be able to help her. I wonder if one day Vera will be troubled/upset by the pictures of her dead sister all over their house. That is clearly not a healthy environment for a child.
She told a woman on IG who lost a 4 year old daughter that "at least you got 4 years".
Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.


Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


Is that true? If she actually said that to a woman who lost her four-year-old, that is truly disgusting. Imagine if Vera experiences a tragedy in her life growing up, what's Joan going to say? "Oh sorry honey, I know you're sad but at least you haven't lost a baby."
LCCS225
Amateur
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:42 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 112 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby LCCS225 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:59 am

charmed596 wrote:Thank you all so much! We had about a weeks notice and our community has really helped out.

It def gave me a little more perspective on grief. Instead of having to have the most grief and awful story why not lean on each other? Even if you think your story is worse, you can still help another



So very sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is tremendously difficult no matter what. Wishing your family peace as you grieve.
LCCS225
Amateur
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:42 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 112 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:19 am

LCCS225 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
LCCS225 wrote:[quote="Amelia322"]It’s just sad all around. I think she needs to remove her self from the loss community. I was hoping Vera would be the thing to get her out of her grief funk. I know that it never goes away but it does get better over time. She seems to have been in constant counseling over the last 3 years and it still seems like a recent loss. You would think maybe she’d consider medication since she’s not healing? I wonder what her counselors think... how much can they go over in 3 years? I’ve never been to one longer than 6 months so I’m curious... if anyone has any insight.

This is her opportunity to come out of the sadness. She keeps going back. Her life doesn’t revolve around Maeve anymore, at least it shouldn’t. It’s okay to move on from passed loved ones. They will always be in our hearts. Always.

She pushes everyone away who doesn’t kiss her ass. It’s sad. She can’t handle anything one says! Scary!!

Can you imagine how the in laws feel? Like oh shit we are going to Joan’s it’s better if we just don’t talk in case we make her break down.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right. She has surrounded herself for so long with ONLY mothers who have had still births. I think for her own health and the health of her family, she needs to move away from them for a while. I really cannot believe that Joan has any friends in her daily life, everyone must walk on eggshells all the time because having seen the way she reacts to anyone who dares think differently than her on social media, I cannot imagine what she does/says in real life. I'd love to know how she reacts to a person who has never had a child, or has had live children that have then passed away from illness in their young years...because guess what Joan, their pain is probably WORSE than yours.

She is clearly in need of medication and more intensive therapy. But if she is unwilling to let go of Maeve even one iota, even the best therapist will not be able to help her. I wonder if one day Vera will be troubled/upset by the pictures of her dead sister all over their house. That is clearly not a healthy environment for a child.
She told a woman on IG who lost a 4 year old daughter that "at least you got 4 years".
Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.


Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


Is that true? If she actually said that to a woman who lost her four-year-old, that is truly disgusting. Imagine if Vera experiences a tragedy in her life growing up, what's Joan going to say? "Oh sorry honey, I know you're sad but at least you haven't lost a baby."[/quote]Yep. She said it. On Instagram. There may be a screenshot in one of the older threads.
I have a friend who lost her 25 year old son in a stupid accident the day after Christmas. So her grief should be less because she had 25 years with him? And her reaction has been so different. She has spent her time since reaching out to others who are grieving and trying to help, and working on getting a traffic light at the corner where he was killed. She was even kind to the driver who hit her son, because it really was just a tragic accident. The guy wasn't speeding or drunk or on his phone. Just such a difference in the response. I know everyone reacts differently, but that kind of selfishness and callousness to another grieving mother just blows me away and makes it hard for me to cut her much slack.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 16207
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 91861 times
Been thanked: 77039 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby minmouse » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:56 pm

I do not buy nor make handmade jewelry so I am not the best judge but I think Joan's jewelry is ridiculously overpriced. I've seen similar designs on etsy much cheaper. The newest earrings, besides being ugly as f, seem like they wouldn't cost much nor take long to make. An $85 price tag seems crazy.
minmouse
Gossiper
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 541 times
Been thanked: 2567 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby eab424 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:55 pm

I followed Joan on insta before she and John entered and won the IVF contest. I had to unfollow because it was everyday she'd post the same pics in rotation of Maeve. As a loss mom I've gotten better but seeing photos of babies who are stillborn are a trigger for me and after a while I had to unfollow her.

She and John are so lucky. There were so many couples who entered and who didn't for privacy reasons who still have empty arms.

Counselors are one thing but she needs deeper treatment than they've been able to give her and I think they should refer her to a psychologist. Perhaps she needs medication but if they let this go too long something bad might happen. It just appears her grief is turning into a mental break.

She has Vera. She needs to focus on Vera. When she does mention Vera, Maeve isn't far behind.


As far as the jewelry yes it is ugly as f. It's a few beads for which she very well may get a discount on. One of the necklaces is on a very cheap looking chain and has 5 tiny pebble like beads on it and she's charging $45 for it. Necklace would take a whole less than 5 minutes to make. And yes the prices are crazy. For the longest time during her pregnancy even she had the note on the store that said proceeds would go towards FET. So people who didn't watch their vlogs would've been fooled into thinking they were helping get money towards that.

I have to wonder how long of a paternity leave John is taking or has taken?
eab424
Gossiper
 
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:12 pm
Has thanked: 743 times
Been thanked: 1025 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby 1000Words » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:23 pm

eab424 wrote:I followed Joan on insta before she and John entered and won the IVF contest. I had to unfollow because it was everyday she'd post the same pics in rotation of Maeve. As a loss mom I've gotten better but seeing photos of babies who are stillborn are a trigger for me and after a while I had to unfollow her.

She and John are so lucky. There were so many couples who entered and who didn't for privacy reasons who still have empty arms.

Counselors are one thing but she needs deeper treatment than they've been able to give her and I think they should refer her to a psychologist. Perhaps she needs medication but if they let this go too long something bad might happen. It just appears her grief is turning into a mental break.

She has Vera. She needs to focus on Vera. When she does mention Vera, Maeve isn't far behind.


As far as the jewelry yes it is ugly as f. It's a few beads for which she very well may get a discount on. One of the necklaces is on a very cheap looking chain and has 5 tiny pebble like beads on it and she's charging $45 for it. Necklace would take a whole less than 5 minutes to make. And yes the prices are crazy. For the longest time during her pregnancy even she had the note on the store that said proceeds would go towards FET. So people who didn't watch their vlogs would've been fooled into thinking they were helping get money towards that.

I have to wonder how long of a paternity leave John is taking or has taken?


He took 2 weeks. Now he’s choosing to stay home unpaid because he volunteered for furlough....
they can’t be hurting that bad.... I get That he’s doing odd jobs too as always but he has a history of not liking or keeping jobs from forever ago....
1000Words
Talker
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:47 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 392 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby eab424 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:45 pm

1000Words wrote:
eab424 wrote:I followed Joan on insta before she and John entered and won the IVF contest. I had to unfollow because it was everyday she'd post the same pics in rotation of Maeve. As a loss mom I've gotten better but seeing photos of babies who are stillborn are a trigger for me and after a while I had to unfollow her.

She and John are so lucky. There were so many couples who entered and who didn't for privacy reasons who still have empty arms.

Counselors are one thing but she needs deeper treatment than they've been able to give her and I think they should refer her to a psychologist. Perhaps she needs medication but if they let this go too long something bad might happen. It just appears her grief is turning into a mental break.

She has Vera. She needs to focus on Vera. When she does mention Vera, Maeve isn't far behind.


As far as the jewelry yes it is ugly as f. It's a few beads for which she very well may get a discount on. One of the necklaces is on a very cheap looking chain and has 5 tiny pebble like beads on it and she's charging $45 for it. Necklace would take a whole less than 5 minutes to make. And yes the prices are crazy. For the longest time during her pregnancy even she had the note on the store that said proceeds would go towards FET. So people who didn't watch their vlogs would've been fooled into thinking they were helping get money towards that.

I have to wonder how long of a paternity leave John is taking or has taken?


He took 2 weeks. Now he’s choosing to stay home unpaid because he volunteered for furlough....
they can’t be hurting that bad.... I get That he’s doing odd jobs too as always but he has a history of not liking or keeping jobs from forever ago....



Yeah yet another reason I don't believe in 5 years they'll still be married. We should start a pool.

Most youtubers don't want to work for a living to support their families several are like panhandlers.
eab424
Gossiper
 
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:12 pm
Has thanked: 743 times
Been thanked: 1025 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby minmouse » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:27 am

So John volunteered for the furlough and is only working odd jobs right now? These two are the worst. They beg for money yet do not do everything possible to make $$ when they can. I've never seen anyone act more entitled than them. It is absolutely crazy! John should have been first in line begging to not be put on furlough.

It bothers me how often they go out to eat. In fairness, there was more before Vera was born but they sure did take every opportunity to go out. I'm not saying they shouldn't have the occasional treat or date but don't beg for money then go out to lunch or for milkshakes several times a week. All that adds up fast. Also saw once on John's insta that he was looking to buy a new kitchen knife. Likes to use chef quality ones. Seems these two feel they deserve the best. If you beg for money don't spend $100 on a kitchen knife. Just saying.
minmouse
Gossiper
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 541 times
Been thanked: 2567 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby 131618 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:34 am

minmouse wrote:So John volunteered for the furlough and is only working odd jobs right now? These two are the worst. They beg for money yet do not do everything possible to make $$ when they can. I've never seen anyone act more entitled than them. It is absolutely crazy! John should have been first in line begging to not be put on furlough.

It bothers me how often they go out to eat. In fairness, there was more before Vera was born but they sure did take every opportunity to go out. I'm not saying they shouldn't have the occasional treat or date but don't beg for money then go out to lunch or for milkshakes several times a week. All that adds up fast. Also saw once on John's insta that he was looking to buy a new kitchen knife. Likes to use chef quality ones. Seems these two feel they deserve the best. If you beg for money don't spend $100 on a kitchen knife. Just saying.
Right? Agree with all of this

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
131618
Gossiper
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 4828 times
Been thanked: 3485 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby GymChick » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:18 am

Maybe John volunteered the time off the protect Vera from Joan lol, maybe Joan is even more crazy off camera. Just kidding but could be possible lol.

Joan even plays pain olympics anytime John mentions waking up early for work or veras sleep. He will say that Vera slept a good stretch and she always interrupts and says “no you slept I was up with Vera”. I wouldn’t put it past Joan to pretend that Vera was up breastfeeding all night blah blah just for the extra attention.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:45 pm
Has thanked: 3308 times
Been thanked: 8919 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby GymChick » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:21 am

Which video did John say he was taking furlough? I know he was taking an extended vacation with it 4th and he asked his boss for an extra day. Is he officially on a longer leave now?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:45 pm
Has thanked: 3308 times
Been thanked: 8919 times

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Postby 131618 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:47 am

Pleasantly surprised to see a fox-less 1 month picture for Vera

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
131618
Gossiper
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 4828 times
Been thanked: 3485 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Ellie and Jared

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users