Living On A Dime

OldHag
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Living On A Dime

Unread post by OldHag »

Anyone watch them? Or know where they are discussed?
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Living On A Dime

Unread post by onbreak »

I watched them up until the live chats. I cant stand the inside jokes and blabbing about stuff they arent tgere to discuss. Looks tacky. Makes me cringe.

The guy reminds me of subway Jared

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

Their video the other day was so hard to watch. She went on forever trying to have people guess where they're moving to, then Surprise! they're not moving anywhere. Their son was bouncing around, shoveling food and drink shockingly fast for like 10 minutes, then picked his nose and ate it. I can't believe someone there didn't redirect him. He clearly has issues, which I assume they don't discuss.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by IHateCilantro »

Anyone still here wanting to snark on this YTer? Ive got loads of info.
My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Spill it!

I haven't noticed them in my feed lately

IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

onbreak wrote:Spill it!

I haven't noticed them in my feed lately

Oh thank God! Im about to explode with info and no one to talk to about it.. Ill write something up in a few
My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

How funny was it when her oven caught on and the next video was a Clean my oven with me

IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Okay here is their story as best as I can glean from several months of watching...

Judgemental, preachy, bitter uneducated Grandma, Jill Cooper and her hubby were raising their 2 kids Tawra and David in Kansas.
One day Jills hubby left, leaving her in the house to raise the 2 kids.
Heres were the story gets murky.
Jill gives romance advice on their show, however she will not discuss the ex hubby, I dont think she got a DIME from him and they dont see him. Maybe he RAN from her... :D She refuses to talk bad about him, hhhmm.
She also refuses to discuss WHY her and the 2 kids were thrown out of their church either.
Anyway, after they split up thats when Living on a Dime was borne.
Because hubby left and Jill obviously had no education, she had to repair pianos and raise her 2 kids on that for 2 years.
The next piece is MY OPINION ONLY:
I believe that Jill is haughty, and she thinks shes got all the answers.
I think she thought the piano thing was beneath her. I think she was looking for a way to make money. First, suddenly her and her 2 kids were all diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and CFS and went on disability and welfare.
If you listen to the story, poor Tawra actually got a scholarship to a European college and Jill made her come home (Jill defeated her daughter like Big Edie defeated Lil Edie on Grey Gardens) and it seems like she convinced her she also had Fibro and CFS. Came home got on Disability.
(Tawra says she is still on it and I suspect so are Jill and David)

Look, I hafta preface this by saying I initially LOVED them but that was only the Zaycon chicken video, after I started watching other videos I started seeing the scam and the sickness.
I also hafta say that SOME of their advice is good old common sense, but the inconsistant stories, scams and fundiness [sic] cloud all that...

SCAMS YOU SAY??

So I believe that Jill and the kids were only "Living on a Dime" for 2 years, and I applaud them for getting thru it and being creative.
BUT
This is where I get angry.
Look Im independently wealthy, I own my home free and clear, I am a very ethical, moral (but not preachy) person with integrity. I hate asking for help or causing others pain or inconvenience. I never ask for help. I solve my own issues.
BUT what angers me the most is scammers or people who arent honest under the homespun wholesome Christian goodness flag.

So Tawra comes home from Europe, comes down with Fibro/CFS, meets Mike...

Lets talk about Mike. Mike was a Tv Camera man for PBS, he was raised by abusive narcissists. And you know what that leads to...ATTRACTING other narcissists. Like Jill and Tawra. IMO

Anyway Tawra marries Mike, and Jill and Tawra start writing Living on a Dime...
Its my opinion that Thrifty Books are basically full of copied internet content from other thrify sites and they all recycle ideas and recipes.
Fine! Whatever. I dont care, Im not buying any of them.
BUT
Where I have the issue is IRS tax fraud.
Jill, Tawra/Mike and David, I believe all live on disability.
Mike quit PBS a decade ago. How are they all buying houses and supporting 5 kids? And going on crisscrossing trips across the country?

They should have NEVER done YouTube! YT has opened their lives up. They should have stuck with books and interviews. They should have never done YT! It was easier to keep the scam going if you dont blurt shit out on your 2 hour YT live show...

So heres the scam.
Jill and Tawra write the book, and do some radio and blog interviews. Its a fabulous hit. They also write 6 other books, a blog and ecourses...
The one book Dining On A Dime which costs, I think, $24.00, has sold over 400,000 copies in 17 years, Thats over 10 million dollars on one book alone!
GOOD ON THEM!
BUT
Tawra says they live on Mikes income ONLY (until she let it slip thats shes still on disability)
Mike supposedly does freelance Filmwork. Complete with dummy website.
BUT the website says hes not accepting any new clients.
Thats because his only client is his YT Show, which Tawra, Jill and David work on and benefit financially from.
So they are all saying they are disabled and cant work, to get disability but they are working and getting paid thru Mikes dummy corporation.
FUNDIES ARE SO MORAL!
One day she said that she begged SSDI to stop sending disability and they told her "once youre on it you cant get off"...

So they fake they are still poor on one income and getting disability, but they are swimming in money.
Plus they can write off their house as a studio.

What really gets my mad is watching these chatters in their live chat who are penniless and cant eat, sending them gifts and $20 superchats on the regular.

Ill discuss the kids next....

THIS IS AN OPINION PIECE. YMMV
Anastasia2468
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Anastasia2468 »

Spill
It girl lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

So lets talk about Mike and Tawras kids
BJ
Dave Named after Tawras brother David
Elly
Jack
and
The niece they adopted, forget the name. i never see her.

Anyway, OMG!

Those kids are rude and T&W allow it.
Their 15 yr old virginal son Dave, is allowed to dispense marriage and life advice to YT viewers with no admonishments from T&M. Jack, their younger son interrupts filming constantly.
M&T are proud they all mimic and espouse their sometimes ignorant advice, and it drives me insane. Elly, the only biologically born daughter, I think is a lesbian. The oldest son BJ (!?) they shuffled him around to Doctor after Doctor and got him as far at the Mayo clinic hoping to get him diagnosed with CFS/Fibro. But no one fell for it. Ever since Mayo, he hasnt been "ILL"...<G>

Otherwise I never see Elly, BJ or the Niece. So I cant speak about them.

So Tawra and Mike dont like education. They hate it. Tawra is the battleaxe that is at the school and phone screaming at teachers and schools, yet she hates paying school taxes. Then she pulls the kids out of school and homeschools them their senior year. Does that make sense??? Maybe she didnt wanna let go of some of that 10 million or her disability check on Prom...sad

She refuses to allow them to have sports or after school activities, isnt happy about field trips, and thinks higher education is stupid. If 10 yr old Jack wants to do soccer or go on a Halloween Hayride HE HAS TO GET A JOB TO PAY FOR TRANSPORT AND UNIFORM/COSTUME! 10 yrs old! So they wont be doing typical kids things.
Too bad so sad Jack and Dave!

Basically if the kids want something, they are on their own. Buck up kids.

I was watching one episode where Mike Kellam was talking to the camera saying how proud he was that Dave kicked a kids ass in school!!!!

Its my opinion that Jill was afraid Tawra would be out of her control in Europe and guilted her into quitting college and coming home to get in the disability biz. And now Tawra is doing the same to HER kids by discouraging education and a good paying job so they can stay home under her control. My mom did this to me.

The thing thats happening is the less education they get, the poorer they become and the more isolated and paranoid they become and the more they will cling to false beliefs and their bibles.

But Jack the other day got a $20 Superchat for being sick so hes learning from Mom.

Again this is MY OPINION ONLY YMMV
Anastasia2468
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Anastasia2468 »

Omg I got confused about channels lol I thought it was “do it on a dime” that channel lol good tea though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Wow you really paid attention!

I cant get on board with their
live streams. After all these streams- he still is like are we live? For 5 fucking minutes. He creeps me out in a subway Jared way. His easy going nice guy shtick rubs me wrong.
Tawra has no self esteem.
I agree the advice and recipes are all over the internet and its nothing life changingly new. How people charge and make millions off of ideas you can find for free boggles my mind.
If they are frauding the gov't the channel will be extra exciting when they really are scrapping up dimes.

IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Look, if you are poor and hafta eat, you eat what you can afford.
I have no issue with that.

However, OMG please! You do not always have to eat slop.

She hates organics and knows zero about nutrition.

Look I havent been feeling too great the past few years. The FIRST thing i did is research my symptoms and try to get a dietary and wellness plan together. I research foods and supplements etc.
You would think Tawra would be super duper diligent about her diet and health, and she should be an expert on it all since shes been so sick all these 25 years with Fibro and CFS. Youd think shed NEVER eat sugar or white bread...

Instead, Tawra is just NOW being interested in health and nutrition, when she appears to be actually starting to have issues, and just recently shes researching health...

She did her DNA, and accepted the science behind it, then she hates science if its not on her side. She actually said that ppls DNA is getting worse not better. HUH?

First she uses so much salt and says science is wrong about salt.
Then she says only Athletes and body builders need the recommended serving of meat in a meal. Instead she makes an entire meal out of 1 cup ground beef for 5 ppl. She then says to fill up on starches!!!!! Who advocates HEAVY starch/carb consumption nowadays?

Watch when Tawra browns ground beef, those growing boys, beg for bowls of it. YOU ARE DEPRIVING THEM OF NUTRITION TAWRA!

She thinks one chicken breast is good for 5 ppl! Your one book made 10 million yet you cant buy more meat?

She claims they eat veggies. but the only veggie Ive seen on the show is raw broccoli mixed with mayo and raisins. They eat a lot of apples with meals thou.

Tawra says the fam is always sick but if you watch any chicken recipe, the juice is dripping all over and she wipes the counter with her yukky dishrag. Is that why they are sick?

Her pantry tour was all carbs. After claiming the kids dont eat Mac and Cheese much, or organics, She had 3 cases of Annies Mac and Cheese and Maruchan in the pantry.

She made 4-5 gallons of all carbs cereal snack mix and it was gone in 1 day. Yet she says they never snack and when they do its fruit or veggies and ranch... YOUR PANTRY EXPOSES YOU TAWRA!

She makes SOAPs for her Etsy shop. Soaps she cooks on the same counter as the drippy chicken.
It was a bad move to make Fathers day GUN SOAPS in a era of mass school shootings.

She claims she has fibro/cfs yet she PROUDLY uses RoundUp in her Garden.

Granma Jill is very preachy and sexist. She says men are genetically unable to clean or cook or to get HINTS their wives give them. And she was serious!

Like the poster above said, they are constantly talking about moving.
One week, after telling viewers to not send kids to college, eat slop and dont go on vacations or do kids activities, They suddenly said they were moving to IRELAND! Dont their fans realize, thats a LUXURY? Like why give them SuperChats if they have the money to move to Ireland?

Then they tried to buy this house
https://www.landsofamerica.com/property ... 63/5712399
Its a blueberry farm, it has 31 acres, and a second kitchen.
Tawra said the 2nd kitchen was for the film studio and fans can come to pick blueberries.

OMG there is just so much "STUFF"

As before this is my opinion only YMMV
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Okay Im gonna wrap this up in one last post.

So happy I was able to get this all out of my head, it was all stuck in there.

Mike is a bit effeminate. Hes odd. Laughs and smiles CONSTANTLY. When he speaks, he looks at the ceiling.
He was angry with his college, that they didnt teach him how to get a job.

The reason I think Tawra is lying about CFS/Fibro, is because, look, I dont have it, I just have stress and menopause and I dont have the energy she has.
She has 4 kids, pets, a house and 5 businesses (one which she just opened) I know people who have only fibro and they are in pain a lot, she never seems to be in pain, or has any symptoms. 3 people do not all catch Fibro and CFS at once, I think its malingering and conversion disorder. And then when they were trying to get the oldest son diagnosed with it...uh uh, nope! LIES.

Before taxes they bring home $196,078.43 a year on just the one book. They claim they make $1700.00 a month on YT. How much is Disability?
And how much do ya think her soap making site is cranking out?
And their eCourses?
Yep still living on one income...

the oldest kid was at a friends house and was served Salmon and he got ill. Thats because Tawra never serves fish. Never seen tuna, not in salad nor casserole. Nor fish sticks.

For Tawra, everyone else is at fault, Drs, Teachers, people at Walmart , the Post Office, FLYLADY is hated by both Jill and Tawra, Delivery persons, neighbors, Colorado etc. And there is always a story.

Lastly (unless I think of more) as Ive said, she has YT viewers who dont have any money giving her $$$ big Superchats and then she has the audacity of putting up a "How I order groceries from Walmart" video which shows chest high blue walmart delivery baskets
https://i.imgur.com/up3SXJ5.jpg
Then she admitted that she had two delivery accounts one personal, one business...
So lets get this straight TAWRA KELLAM? You make over $200,000.00 a year before taxes, you dont pay for kids entertainment or cars, you are on disability, you take the house, and food on the show off on taxes and you are taking poor peoples Superchat money...

Such good fundies!

I tried to post another post but it says its invalid so Ill just post this

AGAIN THIS IS ALL MY OPINION
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

Thanks for the background info. I can't stand how high and mighty Tawra and Jill are. They know very little about anything, but they are "experts" and everyone else - the schools, neighbors, organic eaters, etc - is wrong. Oh my, she "can't get off" disability once she's on, even though they make $$$. Normal people on disability can't afford giant homes on a blueberry farm.

It really bothers me how her family tiptoes around Tawra and her mood swings and "fibro". Often their live shows started with Tawra very down, exhausted, crabby, putting on a poor me act. Within a few minutes she's ranting, screeching, bumping around the kitchen. Mike with his plastered on smile through it all. I assume she's opposed to taking medication for bipolar disorder?
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

OldHag wrote:Thanks for the background info. I can't stand how high and mighty Tawra and Jill are. They know very little about anything, but they are "experts" and everyone else - the schools, neighbors, organic eaters, etc - is wrong. Oh my, she "can't get off" disability once she's on, even though they make $$$. Normal people on disability can't afford giant homes on a blueberry farm.

It really bothers me how her family tiptoes around Tawra and her mood swings and "fibro". Often their live shows started with Tawra very down, exhausted, crabby, putting on a poor me act. Within a few minutes she's ranting, screeching, bumping around the kitchen. Mike with his plastered on smile through it all. I assume she's opposed to taking medication for bipolar disorder?
Im so glad I have someone who can see "IT" too. Its the cult of Tawra, all those "fans" supporting their cultleader.
OMG did you see Jills eggs and cheese video? one Velveeta cheese slice!

Im watching tomorrow at 630 as usual, then Ill recap here. Ill bet their dog and cat have no vax or heartworm preventative.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Im apparently following her facebook page. I nosed around.

Look what she conveniently cropped out in Dec.
FB_IMG_1547445531071.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

So they are removing spam? lol

Oh and the other thing about copying out of books?
Jills claim to fame is her video showing how to fold a fitted sheet. The problem with that is that Martha Stewart had a Tv show that showed the exact same method that aired BEFORE Jills video and it was a BIG THING in that time. Everyone was talking about it back then.
(Im sorry for my excellent memory Jill) This is what the Kellams do.
I remember watching one show where both Jill and Tawra were saying how awful Flylady was. My theory on why they hate Flylady is that they cant copy her excellent method, its too proprietary. So they are pissy about that.

As I said before, I loved them at first, the Zaycon chicken video made me watch more of their videos and then the blush was off the apple.
Their genre of DIY/Self Help videos dont really appeal to me. I just was curious about what the heck Zaycon chicken was.
Im really into psychology and why people do things so I kept watching. It took me 11 months to figure them out and realize what was so detestable about them.
The reason it took so long is because they DO have some good advice.

I just dont get how you were dirt poor once and didnt do the Scarlett O'Hara thing and say "As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again." and insure that her kids GO TO COLLEGE and be educated and get a better life. But not Tawra, nooooo. "Kids College is overrated!" and not only is college overrated, but I want you kids to stay at home with your dad and I and never eat healthy food with lots of protein and I also childhood activities that all kids do are overrated....No Pumpkin patch hayrides for YOU!

You should have seen her choke down the sardines someone dared her to try. But of course this all goes back to Jills upbringing of Tawra. She raised Tawra to be uncurious about life.

https://i.imgur.com/eQKkKsd.jpg
YUK, chicken juice all over

https://i.imgur.com/Inscx32.jpg
People tell her shes shrill. lol

Again this is my opinion only, YMMV
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

https://i.imgur.com/X2RN0Uw.jpg
A fan gave them a $50 superchat. Ive seen people superchat them like $2.00 and APOLOGIZE to Tawra and Mike that they are on a fixed income and its all they can give. The fans dont get that Mike and Tawra can TURN OFF Superchats to stop poor people from giving them money. Hey Tawra turn off superchats, I dare you.

https://i.imgur.com/gqNL3Tu.jpg
Dopey fans tell people to buy POOL shock instead of bleach cause its supposedly cheaper. Pool shock on my clothes? UGH

https://i.imgur.com/osOjhWS.jpg
Mikes Media Business site saying they are no longer accepting new clients
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

The last time I watched a few minutes of them a couple of weeks ago, Tawra started off by saying with a BIG SIGH that she wasn't going to be doing videos anymore. I didn't stay tuned in for the explanation, I assume because she's sooo illll. So they aren't taking a break??

Return to “I-P”