Rachelle, Justin and the Inconsiderate Daughter | Part 5

herebcofbritney
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Rachelle, Justin and the Inconsiderate Daughter | Part 5

Unread post by herebcofbritney »

The thing is though that she put her in her crib for maybe less than 20 mins. Uncovered. That’s fine. My 16 month sleeps in the crib in a onesie with a fitted sheet and that’s it. Nothing else. It will remain that way until he’s like 2 or in a toddler bed. But we have no AC. Just portable AC and it’s 60 degrees here in Washington. Our house stays at 71 on the thermostat. It just reads the indoor temp and has a working heater but no AC. I will be welcoming a newborn in April and I will still probably dress it in a onesie and swaddle it. Whether it sleeps in a crib or bassinet. My son always had a blanket on even when we lived in Texas and it was 100 degrees in May through summer. Again our house was at 71. She may not use her AC. Who knows. She can still put a blanket on Emma because when you sleep your temperature lowers. Idk if a baby’s temp does but mine sure does. So she does get cold I think. At least put socks on her feet. Or put her in a long sleeve or something. But we really don’t know the actual temp in that house. It could be 75 or 80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
herebcofbritney
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Forgot to mention, if we no longer swaddle then I put a long sleeved footie sleeper on and that seems to do the trick. But Rachelle has never put her in one unless it was to take a pic.

Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

here4thepopcorn wrote:Rachelle does a lot of wacky things, but the blanket issue is legit. The American Academy of Pediatrics changed the guidelines a couple years ago to include basically nothing in the crib. No blankets, stuffed toys, crib bumpers, etc., until the baby is old enough. While blankets are a no, sleep sacks certainly are OK. Rachelle could certainly be dressing Emma in warmer clothing without the need for a blanket. That poor baby looks cold a lot of the time!

https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap ... -sids.aspx
It says right there to use a “tight fitting sheet” and not to use blankets. That pretty much means no loose blankets which I agree with. But a thin blanket/sheet (not like a quilt or doona as we call in Australia) tucked in nice and tight is perfectly fine. Sorry if I’m getting too specific but it’s common sense really, you don’t want anything suffocating the baby. Being cold isn’t gonna help with Emma’s sleeping. Even Keren from KKandbabyJ said their newborn slept so much better after they adjusted their AC because he must have been cold.

here4thepopcorn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by here4thepopcorn »

Bundy wrote:
here4thepopcorn wrote:Rachelle does a lot of wacky things, but the blanket issue is legit. The American Academy of Pediatrics changed the guidelines a couple years ago to include basically nothing in the crib. No blankets, stuffed toys, crib bumpers, etc., until the baby is old enough. While blankets are a no, sleep sacks certainly are OK. Rachelle could certainly be dressing Emma in warmer clothing without the need for a blanket. That poor baby looks cold a lot of the time!

https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap ... -sids.aspx
It says right there to use a “tight fitting sheet” and not to use blankets. That pretty much means no loose blankets which I agree with. But a thin blanket/sheet (not like a quilt or doona as we call in Australia) tucked in nice and tight is perfectly fine. Sorry if I’m getting too specific but it’s common sense really, you don’t want anything suffocating the baby. Being cold isn’t gonna help with Emma’s sleeping. Even Keren from KKandbabyJ said their newborn slept so much better after they adjusted their AC because he must have been cold.

Ok, but how is a thin sheet going to provide any warmth? When I am cold, a thin sheet never keeps me warm. I put on more layers or sleep with a blanket. Which is why I said in the post above that Rachelle should put warmer clothes on her baby and use a sleep sack, which does provide the warmth of a blanket.
Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

here4thepopcorn wrote:Ok, but how is a thin sheet going to provide any warmth? When I am cold, a thin sheet never keeps me warm. I put on more layers or sleep with a blanket. Which is why I said in the post above that Rachelle should put warmer clothes on her baby and use a sleep sack, which does provide the warmth of a blanket.
For my kids, I would put them in a sleep sack with the appropriate thickness/warmth for the season and then a thin blanket tucked in to ensure they stayed in the same spot in the crib and didn’t wriggle. Sometimes in Summer a sheet is all they would need during the day to stop any draft. Depends on the weather. But we rarely use cooling directly in the room where they’re sleeping because it’s too cold.

herebcofbritney
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

My son hated his halo sleep sack. So maybe Emma doesn’t like it? She seems to sleep fine without being swaddled and covered up.

Veruca_Salt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Veruca_Salt »

With the whole spitup thing that Rachelle is overreacting about... I suspect that Rachelle is overfeeding her. Ever see those “obese baby” episodes on Maury? That’s where they may be headed. Haha
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Snarkadoodle Doo »

Continued in part 6 - viewtopic.php?f=253&t=13756
:angel: RIP Mom 3/16/2019 - Cancer Sucks :angel:

Return to “Rachelle and Justin”