Colleen Ballinger | Miranda Sings

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Colleen Ballinger | Miranda Sings

Unread post by lmmomSD »

She can't even handle Flynn by herself! She has help from her mom or Rachel every day. What would she do with a newborn and a two year old?
And she made the choice to keep performing when she could have rested when she was pregnant. People go through worse pregnancies and complain less than her.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lionking
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lionking »

What exactly was her difficulty during her pregnancy?
itslaurlmao
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by itslaurlmao »

Lionking wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:39 pm What exactly was her difficulty during her pregnancy?
she was throwing up and fainting/blacking out every single day and got really bad cholestasis. along with insomnia, back pain and depression. yes, a lot of this is normal during pregnancy and yes, she is a complainer! but i think people are too hard on her.... i can't imagine how hard it would be seeing all of her friends and family and every other youtuber rave about how incredible pregnancy is... only for her to not experience any of that "beauty". most people online will hide the hard parts of pregnancy and i love that she was real with us. she may over exaggerate at times, but i personally think it's important to see that side.

she loves her kid more than anything, that is obvious. which is why i know her pregnancy really mustve been hard since she's not exactly jumping at the opportunity to have another.
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hyacinth »

itslaurlmao wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:59 pm
Lionking wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:39 pm What exactly was her difficulty during her pregnancy?
she was throwing up and fainting/blacking out every single day and got really bad cholestasis. along with insomnia, back pain and depression. yes, a lot of this is normal during pregnancy and yes, she is a complainer! but i think people are too hard on her.... i can't imagine how hard it would be seeing all of her friends and family and every other youtuber rave about how incredible pregnancy is... only for her to not experience any of that "beauty". most people online will hide the hard parts of pregnancy and i love that she was real with us. she may over exaggerate at times, but i personally think it's important to see that side.

she loves her kid more than anything, that is obvious. which is why i know her pregnancy really mustve been hard since she's not exactly jumping at the opportunity to have another.
She has an eating disorder right? That has to complicate a pregnancy and how someone feels about the body changes?
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Hyacinth wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:23 pm
itslaurlmao wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:59 pm

She has an eating disorder right? That has to complicate a pregnancy and how someone feels about the body changes?
She must. The last vlog I watched she was eating fudge-caramel bars she made, then had hot chocolate and s'mores around a fire, then came in to make cookies when it rained. If she doesn't have bulimia, she has to have some serious digestive disorder.

She is also incredibly dramatic, so it is hard to tell what reality is for her. It is obvious she wants to get pregnant, or she would utilize modern medicine to prevent it, rather dramatically take 3 pregnancy tests in a day on the internet.

I thought this letter teen Colleen sent to her sister-in-law gives some insight into her unstable personality. She was already blaming all her heightened emotions and bad behavior on things out of her control. I know she is in therapy, but I have to wonder if they are either missing something, or she isn't sharing a key diagnosis with us.
Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 8.11.08 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
itslaurlmao
Amateur
Amateur

I think it's bold to assume she makes herself throw up. She's always been quite tiny. It's hard when I see comments like this because I have always been underweight like her, yet i eat tons and lots of junk. I just have a fast metabolism. I literally can't gain weight and I've always been like that, so I can relate. I do think the weight gain affected her pregnancy though. She said it was hard and she wasn't used to the weight, I think if I gained a ton of weight, even if I knew it was because of pregnancy, it would be hard on me because it's just not what I'm used to.
Yes, she's definitely dramatic. She is on some form of birth control, although I don't know what. She said she takes every precaution and that she did with Flynn too and still got pregnant. I can understand the worry of not wanting to be pregnant again and possibly getting symptoms, I would take tests too. My aunt got pregnant with an IUD and he pulled out... it's very possible even with birth control.

She suffers from anxiety, OCD (which relates to her dermatillomania) and was recently diagnosed with ADHD (which I always knew she had just by watching her videos.) I also suffer from all of these things (and more lol) and I personally don't think any of her actions are that crazy. I think that letter she wrote to Rachel is hilarious, she was a young teen at the time, weren't we all pretty unstable? Unfortunately, I do think she quit therapy. I understand if her therapist wasn't the right fit for her, but I think someone like her would definitely benefit from finding a good therapist to help her with her specific needs. I do think sometimes she uses the "poor me" narrative on her channel, but I can also see her struggles. People that complain about her complaining are just as bad... just stop watching her, it's very simple!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I won't say she doesn't love Flynn, but as I said before, she can't handle him on her own; you can see her mom in the background of most of her videos. If her mom isn't there, her sister is. And if anything she made her pregnancy harder on herself than it had to be. I'm sure she loves him, but she loves Colleen more than anyone else. She's very dramatic, so it's hard to tell what the truth is. For instance, she swears she's been "so careful" about Covid-19 exposure, but she met with a psychic, she gets Starbucks delivered almost daily, Kory was living with her and going out, and she has done other things that don't exactly go with being strict about quarantine.

itslaurlmao
Amateur
Amateur

I think that's a little harsh. It's very clear she loves Flynn more than anything. How is someone helping her a couple hours a day any different than if she put him in daycare? Erik is working again and Kory moved out. No she doesn't have a typical job and she does always put a bit too much on her plate, which is her own fault, but for someone with anxiety issues keeping busy can be one of the only things keeping you sane. I have had a couple issues with her covid stuff (mainly just Kory coming and going), but she met with the psychic outside not in her house... and getting starbucks delivered is not a problem in the slightest in my books. Is she not supposed to get food delivered??? How is she supposed to get groceries without having stuff delivered? Kind of dramatic to care about someone ordering food. She has been very safe, much safer than the majority of youtubers by far. she doesn't go to stores or see any friends other than Kory. i would take how she's handling covid over someone like the labrant fam any day...
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

itslaurlmao wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:14 pm I think it's bold to assume she makes herself throw up. She's always been quite tiny. It's hard when I see comments like this because I have always been underweight like her, yet i eat tons and lots of junk. I just have a fast metabolism. I literally can't gain weight and I've always been like that, so I can relate. I do think the weight gain affected her pregnancy though. She said it was hard and she wasn't used to the weight, I think if I gained a ton of weight, even if I knew it was because of pregnancy, it would be hard on me because it's just not what I'm used to.
Yes, she's definitely dramatic. She is on some form of birth control, although I don't know what. She said she takes every precaution and that she did with Flynn too and still got pregnant. I can understand the worry of not wanting to be pregnant again and possibly getting symptoms, I would take tests too. My aunt got pregnant with an IUD and he pulled out... it's very possible even with birth control.

She suffers from anxiety, OCD (which relates to her dermatillomania) and was recently diagnosed with ADHD (which I always knew she had just by watching her videos.) I also suffer from all of these things (and more lol) and I personally don't think any of her actions are that crazy. I think that letter she wrote to Rachel is hilarious, she was a young teen at the time, weren't we all pretty unstable? Unfortunately, I do think she quit therapy. I understand if her therapist wasn't the right fit for her, but I think someone like her would definitely benefit from finding a good therapist to help her with her specific needs. I do think sometimes she uses the "poor me" narrative on her channel, but I can also see her struggles. People that complain about her complaining are just as bad... just stop watching her, it's very simple!
A sedentary 30-something consumes several thousand calories in a matter of hours, and is underweight. The reality is that she isn't absorbing the calories, which can only be explained by an ED or a digestive disorder. You COULD burn thousands of calories by pumping up your metabolism with exercise, but we know she doesn't.

Also, the letter wasn't to her little sister, that was her apology after attacking her brother's wife. I definitely don't find it funny that she behaves that way, but I don't keep people like Colleen in my life for my own sanity. I certainly wouldn't let my child ever treat an adult that way. It is unfortunate that she isn't getting psychological help anymore, but that explains her behavior. Psychics certainly aren't a replacement for medical care. I assume this means she is unmedicated?

Finally, "pulling out" isn't a method of birth control. I have wondered if her sheltered fundie-adjacent religious upbringing left out some key information on sex ed....like your example of "pulling-out" failing as BC. She clearly implied she was off BC when she got pregnant with Flynn (saying "it didn't take long at all to get pregnant), why do you think she was? There are forms of BC that can provide pretty close to 100% effectiveness, especially when combined. It is clear she isn't using them now. The question is why?
itslaurlmao
Amateur
Amateur

I have never seen her eat SEVERAL THOUSAND calories in hours, and I watch her every day. Eating 3 cookies is not several thousand calories. It's not like she eats a dozen of them a day. I eat almost 3000 calories a day, have never worked out a day in my life, am 5'8" and weight 102lbs. i've been to the doctor dozens of times over the years getting blood tests to try to figure out "what's wrong" and why I don't gain weight. Everything comes back better than normal, every single time. Some people are just like that. And besides, if she did have an ED, why should she be shamed for it????? Or a digestive disorder, which obviously wouldn't be her fault.

I don't believe she was ever medicated. And again, I think the letter, regardless if it was to Jessica or Rachel, was funny. It doesn't need to be taken so seriously. As a teen I would sometimes lash out at friends and family members, screaming that I hated them and then realizing how insane I was hours later. That's more than common for a teenager.

And yes, I am very very aware that pulling out is not a method of BC. Like I said, my aunt had an IUD AND pulled out. Saying that pulling out makes no difference is just not true because it certainly does. I don't think that's all she does as BC. She said recently she takes all the precautions, which obviously she doesn't to a certain extent, but then again who does? What married couple legitimately uses condoms??? I think she's fully aware on sex ed, and Erik doesn't seem like a brainless guy either. I assume she's either on the pill or has an IUD, both of which you can still get pregnant with, I know many people that have. And I believe with Flynn she had just gotten off the pill or some form of BC and didn't expect to get pregnant so fast as there are still hormones in your body from the pill for a few months afterwards. Most people don't get pregnant right away after going off the pill, I think she just didn't expect it.
theshamanisright1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by theshamanisright1 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:22 pm
itslaurlmao wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:14 pm I think it's bold to assume she makes herself throw up. She's always been quite tiny. It's hard when I see comments like this because I have always been underweight like her, yet i eat tons and lots of junk. I just have a fast metabolism. I literally can't gain weight and I've always been like that, so I can relate. I do think the weight gain affected her pregnancy though. She said it was hard and she wasn't used to the weight, I think if I gained a ton of weight, even if I knew it was because of pregnancy, it would be hard on me because it's just not what I'm used to.

A sedentary 30-something consumes several thousand calories in a matter of hours, and is underweight. The reality is that she isn't absorbing the calories, which can only be explained by an ED or a digestive disorder. You COULD burn thousands of calories by pumping up your metabolism with exercise, but we know she doesn't.

Also, the letter wasn't to her little sister, that was her apology after attacking her brother's wife. I definitely don't find it funny that she behaves that way, but I don't keep people like Colleen in my life for my own sanity. I certainly wouldn't let my child ever treat an adult that way. It is unfortunate that she isn't getting psychological help anymore, but that explains her behavior. Psychics certainly aren't a replacement for medical care. I assume this means she is unmedicated?

Finally, "pulling out" isn't a method of birth control. I have wondered if her sheltered fundie-adjacent religious upbringing left out some key information on sex ed....like your example of "pulling-out" failing as BC. She clearly implied she was off BC when she got pregnant with Flynn (saying "it didn't take long at all to get pregnant), why do you think she was? There are forms of BC that can provide pretty close to 100% effectiveness, especially when combined. It is clear she isn't using them now. The question is why?
There definitely seems to be some weird fundie anti-birth control stuff going on. She's a grown woman, she could get on the pill or use condoms or a million other things to prevent pregnancy, but she's not doing any of that because she wants another baby, clearly.
sezzajaydee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sezzajaydee »

itslaurlmao wrote:I have never seen her eat SEVERAL THOUSAND calories in hours, and I watch her every day. Eating 3 cookies is not several thousand calories. It's not like she eats a dozen of them a day. I eat almost 3000 calories a day, have never worked out a day in my life, am 5'8" and weight 102lbs. i've been to the doctor dozens of times over the years getting blood tests to try to figure out "what's wrong" and why I don't gain weight. Everything comes back better than normal, every single time. Some people are just like that. And besides, if she did have an ED, why should she be shamed for it????? Or a digestive disorder, which obviously wouldn't be her fault.

I don't believe she was ever medicated. And again, I think the letter, regardless if it was to Jessica or Rachel, was funny. It doesn't need to be taken so seriously. As a teen I would sometimes lash out at friends and family members, screaming that I hated them and then realizing how insane I was hours later. That's more than common for a teenager.

And yes, I am very very aware that pulling out is not a method of BC. Like I said, my aunt had an IUD AND pulled out. Saying that pulling out makes no difference is just not true because it certainly does. I don't think that's all she does as BC. She said recently she takes all the precautions, which obviously she doesn't to a certain extent, but then again who does? What married couple legitimately uses condoms??? I think she's fully aware on sex ed, and Erik doesn't seem like a brainless guy either. I assume she's either on the pill or has an IUD, both of which you can still get pregnant with, I know many people that have. And I believe with Flynn she had just gotten off the pill or some form of BC and didn't expect to get pregnant so fast as there are still hormones in your body from the pill for a few months afterwards. Most people don't get pregnant right away after going off the pill, I think she just didn't expect it.
Yeah, but you’re not Colleen.
You’re telling us not to assume. But then telling us it couldn’t possibly be something because of you.

We’re allowed to speculate. We’re allowed to throw out possible theories. We’re allowed to share our observations and thoughts. Just because you’re a Colleen fan doesn’t mean we’re not going to do that.

Now that said. I assumed she wanted to be pregnant again when she started with the whole Miranda being pregnant thing ages ago. So I won’t be surprised when it actually happens.
itslaurlmao
Amateur
Amateur

sezzajaydee wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:02 pm
itslaurlmao wrote:I have never seen her eat SEVERAL THOUSAND calories in hours, and I watch her every day. Eating 3 cookies is not several thousand calories. It's not like she eats a dozen of them a day. I eat almost 3000 calories a day, have never worked out a day in my life, am 5'8" and weight 102lbs. i've been to the doctor dozens of times over the years getting blood tests to try to figure out "what's wrong" and why I don't gain weight. Everything comes back better than normal, every single time. Some people are just like that. And besides, if she did have an ED, why should she be shamed for it????? Or a digestive disorder, which obviously wouldn't be her fault.

Yeah, but you’re not Colleen.
You’re telling us not to assume. But then telling us it couldn’t possibly be something because of you.

We’re allowed to speculate. We’re allowed to throw out possible theories. We’re allowed to share our observations and thoughts. Just because you’re a Colleen fan doesn’t mean we’re not going to do that.

Now that said. I assumed she wanted to be pregnant again when she started with the whole Miranda being pregnant thing ages ago. So I won’t be surprised when it actually happens.
When did I say it couldn't possibly be something like an ED because it's not for me? I literally said right there that if she DID have an ED, she shouldn't be shamed for it. I think it's rude to assume and comment on other peoples bodies in general. Speculate all you want! But trying to push a narrative on someone that may be far from the truth is dangerous. Saying that "she's definitely bulimic" is gross.

I also won't be surprised if she's pregnant again soon too.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't necessarily think she should be shamed for having an ED, if she does. But she seems to put out there that she's just naturally skinny and wears Flynn's shirts as crop tops, and she has a ton of young, impressionable fans. If she has an ED, she's not obligated to share it, and she shouldn't be shamed for it, but she shouldn't be showing off how skinny she is while ordering Cheesecake Factory with boba to wash it down and pretending she's just got a fast metabolism. If you can't see the issue with ordering takeout, think about it: the more takeout, the more contact with strangers, the more things handled by others, the more germs. Groceries once a week aren't a big deal. And maybe she's not as problematic as the Labrants, but she isn't truthful when she says she isn't going anywhere. And how does meeting with the psychic outside the house make it ok? It's still someone definitely outside her "pod". She keeps saying she hasn't been anywhere since the shutdown and that's just not true. I honestly would have an issue with her putting Flynn in daycare too. She's home all day.
She stays up all night, goes to sleep when Eric gets up, and films Flynn for a bit before Eric puts him to bed. They don't even eat with Flynn. She and her brother both exploit their kids for a living, and I can't get past that.

Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

I'm not trying to shame her by suggesting that she has an eating disorder. The first time that I wondered if she did was when she went to New York to do that show on Broadway - she lost a large amount of weight when she was there and she said herself more than once that other people had to point out to her that she had and that it wasn't healthy. That to me suggests some kind of eating disorder/ or some things going on about body image? (I think that this is one of the things that she didn't admit to, but she struggled with the changes to her body during pregnancy)
tp00
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by tp00 »

Did anyone watch last nights (Sunday night) vlog? I saw some comments saying she’s being over dramatic about never leaving her house.
petalhands
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by petalhands »

whenever she does her little "AM I PREGNANT?!" videos she says that "it's literally impossible" for her to be pregnant and they they're "taking all the precautions" but if that were true why would she need to take so many pregnancy tests? does this bother anyone else maybe it's just me
Hantherez
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Hantherez »

petalhands wrote:whenever she does her little "AM I PREGNANT?!" videos she says that "it's literally impossible" for her to be pregnant and they they're "taking all the precautions" but if that were true why would she need to take so many pregnancy tests? does this bother anyone else maybe it's just me
I can kind of relate honestly. I used to be so paranoid about getting pregnant and even though I was on birth control I would still take tests all the time. Not to mention she apparently had a really bad experience being pregnant before so I’m sure some of the test taking us out of fear of being pregnant again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

I don’t actually think she’s “taking all precautions” though. In one video she said that she was “using protection” but then goes on to say that she got pregnant on her period, and then she later said that they were actually trying when she became pregnant with Flynn...so which is it? Are you actually using a viable protection method? Or are you just waging your bets around your cycle? Or are you trying? It can’t be all three

Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

MelE wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:44 am I don’t actually think she’s “taking all precautions” though. In one video she said that she was “using protection” but then goes on to say that she got pregnant on her period, and then she later said that they were actually trying when she became pregnant with Flynn...so which is it? Are you actually using a viable protection method? Or are you just waging your bets around your cycle? Or are you trying? It can’t be all three

The whole pregnancy/ pregnancy testing thing is just attention seeking and click bait though - I've seen her do it a few times, then when people start asking her if she's pregnant she comes across all holier than though telling people that it's a question that people should never ask. She's clearly a very screwed up person on many different levels. The Ballingers are an interesting lot - you get the feeling that even 'wholesome' family man Chris is screwed up to some degree as well.

Return to “A-H”