• Advertisement
    

Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby EleanorRigby » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:02 pm

Hey guys, I'm not active consistently so when it comes time to make a new thread, feel free to send me a message or just make one yourselves! It might be faster if you guys did it, just for the sake of the thread title not being lame.
Image
User avatar
EleanorRigby
Sassy Moddie
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:26 pm
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 2066 times

Advertisement

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby DoodleBop2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:50 pm

New thread. :D
User avatar
DoodleBop2
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1669
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:15 am
Has thanked: 777 times
Been thanked: 8140 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby ShudnaB3 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:48 pm

Someone asks about reading comprehension on the latest "look at my rainbow books and forget about my non-vegan money grab!" photo. Chloe says, "I don't think any kid would stare at novels for hours without understanding haha XX" uhhhh...these are kids who are obsessed with staring at and writing numbers (and if you watched the bit on the vlog where Evan was reading Harry Potter that was exactly what he had to say about it. "I'm on __ page, it's ___ pages long, there's another one that's ___ pages!") and aside from Harry Potter the "novels" they read are still heavily illustrated. And I'm not knocking that! Books like the treehouse series are excellent for boosting chapter book confidence and are great fun...but they're short and full of fun drawings that make following a lot easier. Basically she has pushed Evan up to much more difficult books with no check in for how much he is actually reading and understanding...but of course since they watched the movie right after (according to ig stories) he'll be able to spout of the storyline and Chloe will chalk it up to more expert level reading.

Further on reading, she is also continuing to smugly state that she just "realised" Evan and Otto could read at 3/4 and now Felix is at 4, she doesn't know how it just happens...nice to know she has no idea how to actually teach reading for her kids that are likely not all going to be precocious in that regard. Another tell that she'll probably never completely homeschool the triplets because it would bruise her ego if they didn't spontaneously read under her care.
ShudnaB3
Informer
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 4:19 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1284 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby sezzajaydee » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:14 pm

Why the ‘haha’ after everything. Is she trying to be cute? Funny? Or is she just being a sarcastic cow and trying to make it look like a joke.

My money is on number 3.

Also kids can stare at anything all day every day and not understand it. Just because they look at it, doesn’t mean they comprehend it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sezzajaydee
Talker
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:51 am
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 897 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby soma31 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:12 pm

sezzajaydee wrote:Why the ‘haha’ after everything. Is she trying to be cute? Funny? Or is she just being a sarcastic cow and trying to make it look like a joke.

My money is on number 3.

Also kids can stare at anything all day every day and not understand it. Just because they look at it, doesn’t mean they comprehend it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hell, I find myself staring at my uni textbooks for hours and not comprehending any of it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soma31
Informer
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:50 am
Has thanked: 12343 times
Been thanked: 1335 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby ShudnaB3 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:37 pm

Omg this vlog came up as recommended when I was watching something else on YouTube...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DVdEH9Iu_RI it was from their Qld holiday a couple years ago (and right before they became vegan I think, if you note the totally mainstream cheese bun lunch she doled out to the kids) but LOOK at their sunburn!! :O Every single one of those kids/babies and both parents are so burnt by the end of the day, but you could tell right in the first beach part that the triplets were already burning and she just...did nothing! They left, got in the car, went to accommodation, left again to meet more vloggers...and no hats, no changes from that morning, they just kept burning. I'm honestly horrified. Maybe this is why she feels so smug these days: she's thinner and not quite as incapable of a parent so in her eyes she's doing GOOD.

Also note Otto digging in his nose and eating it the entire time she's filming in the car with not a word said. A family tradition I guess.

On another note I always thought Ro sounded monotonous but he sounds downright lively and happy in this video, compared to now.
ShudnaB3
Informer
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 4:19 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1284 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby mamawombat » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:54 pm

ShudnaB3 wrote:Someone asks about reading comprehension on the latest "look at my rainbow books and forget about my non-vegan money grab!" photo. Chloe says, "I don't think any kid would stare at novels for hours without understanding haha XX" uhhhh...these are kids who are obsessed with staring at and writing numbers (and if you watched the bit on the vlog where Evan was reading Harry Potter that was exactly what he had to say about it. "I'm on __ page, it's ___ pages long, there's another one that's ___ pages!") and aside from Harry Potter the "novels" they read are still heavily illustrated. And I'm not knocking that! Books like the treehouse series are excellent for boosting chapter book confidence and are great fun...but they're short and full of fun drawings that make following a lot easier. Basically she has pushed Evan up to much more difficult books with no check in for how much he is actually reading and understanding...but of course since they watched the movie right after (according to ig stories) he'll be able to spout of the storyline and Chloe will chalk it up to more expert level reading.

Further on reading, she is also continuing to smugly state that she just "realised" Evan and Otto could read at 3/4 and now Felix is at 4, she doesn't know how it just happens...nice to know she has no idea how to actually teach reading for her kids that are likely not all going to be precocious in that regard. Another tell that she'll probably never completely homeschool the triplets because it would bruise her ego if they didn't spontaneously read under her care.
That was me asking about comprehension Honestly, it's as easy as each chalet doing some simple reflection study. My daughter is five and we talk about the narrative, plus what is happening in each page (sadly she's just so so far behind Evan that she doesn't warrant having a YouTube channel, head tilt, haha). If nothing else, this process has taught my daughter to tell us when she doesn't understand what's happening in a story.

And heck, even I'M still reading new narratives in Harry Potter and I'm an adult with half a lifetime invested in the series. Check out the podcast Harry Potter and the sacred text - it's an amazing interpretation of the series.

Sent from my HTC 2PZM3 using Tapatalk
mamawombat
Talker
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:17 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 820 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby Tulip24 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:05 pm

IMO Evan would not comprehend Harry Potter at all, apart from lacking maturity, reading comprehension is largely based on decoding and word recognition, and being able to read fluently. He needs to be able to read words with little to no sounding out or pause. If the words are within his vocab then he should understand what he is reading but he would be nowhere near that. Why does she insist on her kids growing up too fast, they will not thank her in the years to come for missing out on their childhood.
Tulip24
Talker
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:11 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby sysy49 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:40 am

mamawombat wrote:
ShudnaB3 wrote:Someone asks about reading comprehension on the latest "look at my rainbow books and forget about my non-vegan money grab!" photo. Chloe says, "I don't think any kid would stare at novels for hours without understanding haha XX" uhhhh...these are kids who are obsessed with staring at and writing numbers (and if you watched the bit on the vlog where Evan was reading Harry Potter that was exactly what he had to say about it. "I'm on __ page, it's ___ pages long, there's another one that's ___ pages!") and aside from Harry Potter the "novels" they read are still heavily illustrated. And I'm not knocking that! Books like the treehouse series are excellent for boosting chapter book confidence and are great fun...but they're short and full of fun drawings that make following a lot easier. Basically she has pushed Evan up to much more difficult books with no check in for how much he is actually reading and understanding...but of course since they watched the movie right after (according to ig stories) he'll be able to spout of the storyline and Chloe will chalk it up to more expert level reading.

Further on reading, she is also continuing to smugly state that she just "realised" Evan and Otto could read at 3/4 and now Felix is at 4, she doesn't know how it just happens...nice to know she has no idea how to actually teach reading for her kids that are likely not all going to be precocious in that regard. Another tell that she'll probably never completely homeschool the triplets because it would bruise her ego if they didn't spontaneously read under her care.

That was me asking about comprehension Honestly, it's as easy as each chalet doing some simple reflection study. My daughter is five and we talk about the narrative, plus what is happening in each page (sadly she's just so so far behind Evan that she doesn't warrant having a YouTube channel, head tilt, haha). If nothing else, this process has taught my daughter to tell us when she doesn't understand what's happening in a story.

And heck, even I'M still reading new narratives in Harry Potter and I'm an adult with half a lifetime invested in the series. Check out the podcast Harry Potter and the sacred text - it's an amazing interpretation of the series.

Sent from my HTC 2PZM3 using Tapatalk


They should ask him about peeves since they cut that out in the movie, i bet he has no clue who it is without being told, unless of course the word poltergeist is in his vocabulary. And yes i remember taking books from my older brother and trying to read them, i kept at it because i was excited about the many pages and keeping track of the chapters, had no clue what i was reading but was staring at it for 2 days though. This is only like the 2nd real book Evan has read, the first being enchanted wood which was already read to him so he already knew the narrative off. This is not a right step, there are so many books which are real books with hardly any pictures but don't require the vocab or understanding Harry potter does. Chloe will just say they have a junior dictionary to look up words they don't know, after the Harry Potter series Evan will have looked up so many words that dictionary will just die from exhaustion.

Also very worrying that she has no clue how to teach someone to read, Evan and Otto learned pretty much on their own, that won't work with Felix or the triplets but i guess the special little snowflakes will have just decided not to read yet and Chloe will respect that.
sysy49
Amateur
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 10:44 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby AuntieEm » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:45 pm

Who is she fooling? There is so much more to learning than reading. She brags about it like it's a marker of her superior parenting. It's the yardstick she uses. "Here is proof that my theories are the best out there!! My kid can read the words in Harry Potter". Big whoop Chloe. My kid was reading at 4, doing math and begging me to teach him all sorts of science stuff. I had no system, he was in typical preschool. Fully vaccinated and eating meat, dairy and fruit and bread. Hated vegetables. Enjoyed cow's milk and riding his bike outside with his friends. Started ice skating lessons and swimming lessons. Got regular haircuts and dentist visits. Age 5-no training wheels! Playing on an ice hockey team-3 goals his first game! Went to public school. Encouraged to make friends and be kind. His bedroom was decorated with his favorite things. He had curtains, a soft rug, special toys, trophys, footballs, baseball bats, pictures on the walls. Boxes under his bed filled with special things he had saved. He had pink cheeks, sparkling green eyes, a strong body, shiny hair and a soft heart for those who needed help. Full of energy! Graduated highschool, a peer leader, honor society. Never gave me an ounce of trouble. Attended college, graduated. Owns his own business, coaches baseball to underprivleged innercity highschoolers, mentors and takes them for checkups so they can play on the highschool team. Married with a baby daughter, all the while helping me with his severely handicapped younger sister who was born with a rare genetic spelling error.
Chloe, you are missing the boat. Reading Harry Potter, indeed. OK.
AuntieEm
Talker
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 919 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby mamawombat » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:13 am

Maybe someone else taught them to read and she doesn't want to admit it. I can't think of when she's down about the kids learning to read "by themselves" when they've actually been present

Sent from my HTC 2PZM3 using Tapatalk
mamawombat
Talker
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:17 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 820 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby hellcatspangled » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:24 am

I remember she took the older boys to see Secret Life of Pets whenever it came out and she said she didn’t think it was an appropriate kids movie (too much violence or something idk). Guess she must think horror/murder/giant creatures must be appropriate for 6yr olds now then. I was 6/7 when the first two Harry Potter movies came out and I remember thinking they were scary, and they’re long. She’s said they won’t even sit through a whole movie.
hellcatspangled
Amateur
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:18 pm
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby DoodleBop2 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:49 pm

When my oldest read Harry Potter for the first time at 9 literally after 2-3 chapters even if we'd read the first 2 books before he's like um Harry's Aunt and Uncle are abusive - why didn't anyone report this? Why didn't anyone notice his neglect?

From the beginning, Harry Potter has some heavy subject matter and it keeps getting worse as the series progresses.
User avatar
DoodleBop2
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1669
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:15 am
Has thanked: 777 times
Been thanked: 8140 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby Dani_now » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:28 am

I wasn't even aloud to watch Harry Potter untill I was like 11.. and even then it was because my sister and I secretly watched it behind my parents back. I don't believe Harry Potter is meant for little kids.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Dani_now
Amateur
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:49 pm
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby sysy49 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:05 am

Dani_now wrote:I wasn't even aloud to watch Harry Potter untill I was like 11.. and even then it was because my sister and I secretly watched it behind my parents back. I don't believe Harry Potter is meant for little kids.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk


Same here, there are fun and magical moments woven into the story but it really is a book meant for older kids. Not only the child abuse by Harry's parents is a topic but also just the super villain trying to kill a baby and then an 11 year old child is just not okay for a 6 year old. The first book mentions drinking unicorn blood and Voldemort possessing another persons body while trying to kill Harry, that is not material that is appropriate for a 6 year old. Even reading it at 9 or older parents usually talk with their kids about the subjects and make sure they are not scared by the things they are reading.
sysy49
Amateur
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 10:44 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby DoodleBop2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:38 am

As dismissive as Chloe seems about emotions and talking about anything that isn't her happy Instagram aesthetic I doubt they're talking about the books the kids read in any sort of detail.
User avatar
DoodleBop2
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1669
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:15 am
Has thanked: 777 times
Been thanked: 8140 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby AuntieEm » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:22 am

I agree. She's really not that interested either. The main thing is..Evan can read big words, no matter how inappropriate the story is for his age. Plus, she's trying to be "cool" by looping Harry Potter into it. She has no idea what's in that book and she doesn't care.
AuntieEm
Talker
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 919 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby sysy49 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:41 pm

Another thing i just watched the complete harry potter vlog Chloe showed another new triplet outfit costing 140 dollars for 3 sets of clothes, that is just crazy, she could get the same type of clothes for 15 dollars each at a department store or in other places online (even cheaper probably).

She also never talks about the actual books, they just talk about the numbers, how many pages does the book have? What page are you on, why not ask him what happened in the first chapter? She also said they would watch the movies after Evan finished all the books but i guess that ship sailed when she realised Evan had no clue what he was reading, they watched the first movie right after the vlog was put online.
sysy49
Amateur
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 10:44 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby Bekkaz » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:33 pm

sysy49 wrote: She also said they would watch the movies after Evan finished all the books but i guess that ship sailed when she realised Evan had no clue what he was reading, they watched the first movie right after the vlog was put online.


I noticed that too!
And I don't know the dates between blogs but finishing a HP book in a week must be a LOT of reading for a 6yr old. Reading is a great hobby but they should still be encouraged to do more than just read.
Bekkaz
Talker
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:42 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby Tulip24 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:23 am

They watched the movie so Evan could parrot the outline of the story, he may have said he read the book but he didn’t really “read” the book. Evan knows how to lie just like the parent figure in his life does best, well at least she taught him something hey :-o
Tulip24
Talker
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:11 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby browncasom » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:36 am

their fixation with numbers is kind of scary. i would be so worried if all my child did was recite numbers all day and every day. i understand kids will do that but the fact that she encourages them to focus on one thing is so against what most homeschooling is about. homeschooling, although i don’t completely agree with it, is about having the child lead what they want to learn but also to be the parent and actually guide them and expose them to literally everything. it’s the perfect opportunity to teach them topics that most school curriculums don’t teach like a specific form of dance (e.g. native dance or salsa dancing). there are so many youtubers who homeschool their kids and they have SO many friends because their parents have spent the time to research, get together with other parents who homeschool their kids and they hang out all the time but chloe wants to isolate her kids because she LITERALLY has no friends. having kids does not mean putting your own anxiety and insecurities on your children. like don’t freaking hinder their development because no one liked you in high school. alright rant over
browncasom
Amateur
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:11 pm
Has thanked: 167 times
Been thanked: 160 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby sysy49 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:01 am

Bekkaz wrote:
sysy49 wrote: She also said they would watch the movies after Evan finished all the books but i guess that ship sailed when she realised Evan had no clue what he was reading, they watched the first movie right after the vlog was put online.


I noticed that too!
And I don't know the dates between blogs but finishing a HP book in a week must be a LOT of reading for a 6yr old. Reading is a great hobby but they should still be encouraged to do more than just read.


She also said they would watch the movies after he had read all the books, so unless Evan can read 7 books in a week they didn't stay on that plan for long.
sysy49
Amateur
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 10:44 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby Tulip24 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:06 pm

Who else here thinks Chloe has been reading what us “sad old ladies” have been saying, even though she claims to not read YT Mommadrama. Her latest IG post kind of feels like she is aiming it directly at us. She continually harps on about how happy and fulfilling her life is but is it ? I don’t get the feeling that Miss Perfect’s life is as great as she says it is, in fact I think it’s the opposite and that her rants are her way of justifying the poor choices she has made and she needs validation from her teenage followers that she has the life they should all envy.
If she and Ro where together when she was just 14 and she’s controlling the relationship like she always has, then surely that must raise some questions, especially in Tasmania. I don’t know I could be wrong :-o
Tulip24
Talker
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:11 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby Snap2it » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:27 pm

Yes! I thought that her latest post was about us.

I can't help but laugh that calling Ro a baker is a joke. All I see the staff do at Woolies is put pre made dough into the oven. It's not that really baking as such.

Maybe for the short term her "happy" bendy business is working. But as boring as it sounds. You have to put money aside for super or the future.
Snap2it
Wallflower
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:38 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Postby mamawombat » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Could also be aimed at her family - they NEVER look pleased to see her and her brood.

And the sale in the shop, do we think maybe they realised their prices are too high? Abbas that maybe they need to stop spoiling the kids with shop products and start having the kids earn them as rewards?

Chloe, while you're here, can you share how the kids are involved in the running of the house? Prove to us you didn't make Ro stay home to play Dobby/chauffer to you. And can you take everyone to see a nutritionist? You can get it bulk billed with a referral so you can't complain about the cost.

Sent from my HTC 2PZM3 using Tapatalk
mamawombat
Talker
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:17 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 820 times

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to Chloe and Beans

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

  • Advertisement