OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Locked
Sparklingdee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1301
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:09 pm
Has thanked: 175 times
Been thanked: 1614 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by Sparklingdee » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:45 am

oh my lord , i dont even watch OkBaby but I had to come over here and say WTF was that gender reveal?????? Weird weird weird.
User avatar
pastel
Talker
Talker
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:08 pm
Has thanked: 706 times
Been thanked: 1331 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by pastel » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:01 am

ytmamaviewer24 wrote:
blahblahblahhh wrote:
Coco_ wrote:people are mad about kyra and oscar being honest about preferring the baby to be a boy but i’m not mad about it at all.. they were being honest unlike keren who lied that she really wanted to have a 3rd boy like really come on who would want all their kids to be one gender?? i would rather kyra and oscar be honest than lie about it the way keren did
I get what you mean... but I think the main issue is that these people are putting this out there for the world to see and to be forever documented for their children to see in the future. Yes, the huge majority of people probably have a slight preference in mind toward the sex of the baby when they find out they are pregnant. But people don’t post it all over the internet because once you do that, the whole world knows you’re at least slightly disappointed if the baby turns out the opposite of what you wanted. While pregnant with my 3rd boy, I constantly got “I hope it’s a girl!”, and even before I found out he was indeed a boy, those comments made me feel extremely protective, because I felt it put expectations and a negative vibe toward such an exciting and precious time in life (pregnancy).

I don’t believe for once second that Keren wanted a 3rd boy, and her lack of attachment and bond with both Sutton and Landon is heartbreaking and disgusting to watch. But the only teeny tiny glimmer of light is that they won’t hear that come out of Keren’s mouth if they go back and watch the vlogs. Not to say it would be a shock to them considering their mother pays zero attention to 2/3’s of them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not fair to expect them not to act like every other parent out there just because of what they do. They expressed a preference just like every single parent to be, it's not a new concept and I'm 100% sure neither of their kids will be offended. I'm aware my mom wanted a boy when she had me and we joke about it a lot. Same with my younger sister. And I never made it a secret that I wanted my first to be a girl, but I still love my son and I wouldn't change him for the world. It's normal

Just like it's normal for parents to feel fed up and tired when our kids are acting up and not listening to you. That doesn't mean you don't love them.. you just wish it could be a bit easier and there's nothing wrong with that.

Keren is a shitty mother and a shitty person and she takes gender disappointment to a whole different level.. but the way Kyra treats Alaya and the way keren treats Landon are completely different. It's absolutely insane how some people here (that even admit they don't watch the vlogs often, if at all) are basically claiming abuse.. I just don't get it. They're lazy parents that make very questionable parenting choices.. but I've never doubted they loved their kids a lot.
It's like, one person here says something and everyone else jumps in and believes it without actually checking for themselves and see if the claim is actually true or just a biased opinion based on how much they dislike OK.
Both of them have different relationships with their kids because their kids have very different personalities and the way you play around with one may not work with the other. Levi, he likes cuddling meanwhile Alaya is happy singing and dancing on her own and only seems to like to be held when she wants it.

if you want to see youtube moms neglecting their kids just watch some SacconeJolys vlogs and you'll see.. the mom, Anna, even went on an IG rant basically shitting on her youngest daughter and talking about how much better the older one is.
I couldn't agree with you more! Also, just to touch a little more on the concept of gender disappointment- it's very real and common and not something to be ashamed of. So many parents have suffered feelings of shame and guilt for having wanted a different gender before bonding with their child. A cousin of mine had terrible PPD after her 3rd son was born. She loved him no differently than her other kids but felt actual grief and loss for the girl she had desperately wanted. I think OK's honesty and openness about gender disappointment could be really helpful for anyone else in their shoes. It's better than handling it like Keren does: pretend everything is perfectly fine while refusing to bond with your child(ren).
User avatar
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1589
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:12 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 1913 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by Steps_to_STFU » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:51 am

wonderwall99 wrote:There’s got to be something behind why Kyra says such negative stuff about Alaya. My guess is that kyra’s mom was very critical and negative towards Kyra growing up and because Alaya is her daughter she treats her the same.
Just in my experience. My grandmother is like Kyra, favours my uncle and then my mom and her sisters were always criticized and taught to be judgemental of others and spoken down to. My mom being the eldest and shit on the most wanted out so she got her place at 20 and just did her own thing. Her two sisters are entirely just like my grandmother, condescending and negative and just miserable.

Also from what I understand Kyra’s mom had other issues so between that and he treatment towards Kyra there isn’t a surprise that Kyra probably takes our all her frustrations on Alaya.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It to me this is no excuse. My mother was a horribly abusive c*nt. I have three kids and I make it my job to never ever make them feel an ounce of what my mother put me through. It takes lots of therapy to help me handle what I went through. Kyra has more than enough money to seek mental help to deal with her mommy issues and not pass them off onto her daughters. If she is too lazy or just flat out refuses then stop fucking having kids to put your damaged childhood on. Those kids didn't ask to be born to that mess. I have zero sympathy for shitty mothers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
User avatar
Snarkadoodle Doo
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 3004
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 744 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by Snarkadoodle Doo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:15 am

landonsmommy wrote:
Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:
ckks wrote:Anyone wanna start suggesting names for a new thread?

Not sure who mods here, but if they don’t show up soon, one of us could just make a new thread? I had to make the last one cause mods seem to kinda be MIA over here lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the post ckks and thanks for the message too! :)

I'm still covering for the usual mod, as she's taking a hiatus from the site right now. I don't watch this family so don't regularly read this thread, sorry I missed it needed a new thread earlier. If there's ever a need in thread, please feel free to message me and let me know so I don't miss something!

I'll get a new thread started in a few hours, so please make your suggestions for a new title and don't forget to like your favorites! Suggestion with the most likes at 9:00 am EST will be the next thread title.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’m assuming we should post them again since most of the title suggestions are a few pages back. Mine was
OkWhatsTheExcuseToday


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If someone can share the approximate post # (tapatalk) or page (other versions) where the suggestions started, I'm happy to go back and look from the beginning of the suggestions. :). Just let me know, otherwise I'll just use the suggestion with the highest like count that I can find.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:angel: RIP Mom 3/16/2019 - Cancer Sucks :angel:
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:21 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by Ilovecats » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:29 am

Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:
landonsmommy wrote:
Snarkadoodle Doo wrote: Thanks for the post ckks and thanks for the message too! :)

I'm still covering for the usual mod, as she's taking a hiatus from the site right now. I don't watch this family so don't regularly read this thread, sorry I missed it needed a new thread earlier. If there's ever a need in thread, please feel free to message me and let me know so I don't miss something!

I'll get a new thread started in a few hours, so please make your suggestions for a new title and don't forget to like your favorites! Suggestion with the most likes at 9:00 am EST will be the next thread title.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’m assuming we should post them again since most of the title suggestions are a few pages back. Mine was
OkWhatsTheExcuseToday


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If someone can share the approximate post # (tapatalk) or page (other versions) where the suggestions started, I'm happy to go back and look from the beginning of the suggestions. :). Just let me know, otherwise I'll just use the suggestion with the highest like count that I can find.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#1056 is where they started I think

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
landonsmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 766
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:11 pm
Has thanked: 385 times
Been thanked: 4280 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by landonsmommy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:06 am

Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:
landonsmommy wrote:
Snarkadoodle Doo wrote: Thanks for the post ckks and thanks for the message too! :)

I'm still covering for the usual mod, as she's taking a hiatus from the site right now. I don't watch this family so don't regularly read this thread, sorry I missed it needed a new thread earlier. If there's ever a need in thread, please feel free to message me and let me know so I don't miss something!

I'll get a new thread started in a few hours, so please make your suggestions for a new title and don't forget to like your favorites! Suggestion with the most likes at 9:00 am EST will be the next thread title.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’m assuming we should post them again since most of the title suggestions are a few pages back. Mine was
OkWhatsTheExcuseToday


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If someone can share the approximate post # (tapatalk) or page (other versions) where the suggestions started, I'm happy to go back and look from the beginning of the suggestions. :). Just let me know, otherwise I'll just use the suggestion with the highest like count that I can find.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I believe 1002 is the first title suggestion by ckks. I think ckks and I are tied for most likes at 10. Mine is in the quoted post and I think ckks was OKAnotherDayAnotherDelay


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cmp18
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by Cmp18 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:26 am

So does this mean this baby is going to be called sissy too? Or are they going to finally start calling Alaya by her first name
User avatar
LightlyToasted
Informer
Informer
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 8:12 am
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 1110 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by LightlyToasted » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:30 am

I made a thing Image
Ytmommadrama Readers: Why aren’t Youtubers honest about what gender they want??

OKbaby: We wanted a boy

Ytmommadrama Readers:
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201811 ... 5c1b1e.jpg[/img]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
LightlyToasted
Informer
Informer
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 8:12 am
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 1110 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by LightlyToasted » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:30 am

I made a thing Image
Ytmommadrama Readers: Why aren’t Youtubers honest about what gender they want??

OKbaby: We wanted a boy

Ytmommadrama Readers:
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201811 ... 5c1b1e.jpg[/img]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:21 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by Ilovecats » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:34 am

Cmp18 wrote:So does this mean this baby is going to be called sissy too? Or are they going to finally start calling Alaya by her first name
Personal but I was the second child, and my dad has called me sister all of my life lol. Even when the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and now 6th child was born. I assume they will always just call her sissy

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:21 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by Ilovecats » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:38 am

landonsmommy wrote:
Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:
landonsmommy wrote: I’m assuming we should post them again since most of the title suggestions are a few pages back. Mine was
OkWhatsTheExcuseToday


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If someone can share the approximate post # (tapatalk) or page (other versions) where the suggestions started, I'm happy to go back and look from the beginning of the suggestions. :). Just let me know, otherwise I'll just use the suggestion with the highest like count that I can find.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I believe 1002 is the first title suggestion by ckks. I think ckks and I are tied for most likes at 10. Mine is in the quoted post and I think ckks was OKAnotherDayAnotherDelay


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also tied for 10

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
MiloandMax
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1962
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:48 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by MiloandMax » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:59 am

Ilovecats wrote:
Cmp18 wrote:So does this mean this baby is going to be called sissy too? Or are they going to finally start calling Alaya by her first name
Personal but I was the second child, and my dad has called me sister all of my life lol. Even when the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and now 6th child was born. I assume they will always just call her sissy

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
My oldest is still called what my 2nd born called him. And now all of his younger siblings call him that.

Maybe Alaya will be sissy and this baby sister - like sister bear.
User avatar
Snarkadoodle Doo
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 3004
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 744 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by Snarkadoodle Doo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:20 am

landonsmommy wrote:
Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:
landonsmommy wrote: I’m assuming we should post them again since most of the title suggestions are a few pages back. Mine was
OkWhatsTheExcuseToday


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If someone can share the approximate post # (tapatalk) or page (other versions) where the suggestions started, I'm happy to go back and look from the beginning of the suggestions. :). Just let me know, otherwise I'll just use the suggestion with the highest like count that I can find.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I believe 1002 is the first title suggestion by ckks. I think ckks and I are tied for most likes at 10. Mine is in the quoted post and I think ckks was OKAnotherDayAnotherDelay


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks... Will look at all suggestions starting with 1000. For some reason, tapatalk never shows more than 10 likes per post, no matter how many likes there actually are, so I only look at the likes through the main site, where you can see the actual number in case some are greater than 10. Any time there is a tie, I use a random generator to choose the title and I post screenshots, so no one needs to worry that it was done unfairly. :) New thread coming shortly!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:angel: RIP Mom 3/16/2019 - Cancer Sucks :angel:
cat77
Talker
Talker
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:25 am
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by cat77 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:31 am

Rufu5 wrote:Here are a few highlights from the 4 min gender reveal that they worked SOOO hard on...

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201811 ... 67517a.jpg
Ok this picture is actually haunting me lol. The parent laying on the ground cackling like an unstable idiot while Levi is terrified, bloody and crying. This picture speaks a thousand words and basically sums up the first year or so of their channel (maybe to this day- I don't watch as much anymore so idk but good god).
User avatar
Mylifenolimits
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 527
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 8:36 pm
Has thanked: 205 times
Been thanked: 771 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by Mylifenolimits » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:52 am

IMG_5546.jpg
WTF IS THIS ? Someone help me understand lmao


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Coco_
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1707
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:58 pm
Has thanked: 7046 times
Been thanked: 5559 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by Coco_ » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:01 am

Mylifenolimits wrote:
IMG_5546.jpg
WTF IS THIS ? Someone help me understand lmao


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it’s art ImageImage
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:21 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by Ilovecats » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:17 am

Mylifenolimits wrote:
IMG_5546.jpg
WTF IS THIS ? Someone help me understand lmao


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I personally love aimees art. I could never do what she does. She's very talented.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
AJmom
Talker
Talker
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:54 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by AJmom » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:24 am

Sparklingdee wrote:oh my lord , i dont even watch OkBaby but I had to come over here and say WTF was that gender reveal?????? Weird weird weird.
SAME. That was so disturbing.
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 5129
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:37 pm
Has thanked: 875 times
Been thanked: 12228 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by chloe6124 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:31 am

ImageImageImage
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201811 ... 192b85.jpg[/img]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Snarkadoodle Doo
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 3004
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 744 times

Re: OKBandaidBaby | Part 24

Post by Snarkadoodle Doo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:36 am

Head on over to part 25 to continue...

viewtopic.php?f=242&t=13842
:angel: RIP Mom 3/16/2019 - Cancer Sucks :angel:
Locked

Return to “OKBaby”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rottiemama and 9 guests