Grace for the Millers

Blabla_pro
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Grace for the Millers

Unread post by Blabla_pro »

Hello, new member here. I overall like them, they seem to really care for their children.

What I don't like is (no offence to religious people) is how they seem to imply that every important decision is supported by the big guy and as such they cannot be wrong. But I don't know, maybe I am mistaken as english is not my first language.

Their new house is fantastic!
ins93
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ins93 »

Blabla_pro wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:22 am Hello, new member here. I overall like them, they seem to really care for their children.

What I don't like is (no offence to religious people) is how they seem to imply that every important decision is supported by the big guy and as such they cannot be wrong. But I don't know, maybe I am mistaken as english is not my first language.

Their new house is fantastic!
I agree. In the video where they were talking about Amanda's health issues they said something like "God is in control and he'll take care of it however he sees fit". So if someone does get cancer that's because that's what God wants for them? I mean, come on. I'm not religious so maybe that's the only reason why that really bothered me. But it really bothered me.
Blabla_pro
Amateur
Amateur

Oh my! Have you seen the last video on Stephen’s channel? The kickboxing intro with the caption “training harder than ever”? Lol, is it supposed to be serious?
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gibberish »

Blabla_pro wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:34 pm Oh my! Have you seen the last video on Stephen’s channel? The kickboxing intro with the caption “training harder than ever”? Lol, is it supposed to be serious?
I went over and watched it. It looks like he's serious to me. He has a trainer, he's on a food plan and he's doing exercise. He's certainly doing more than me. lol.
Blabla_pro
Amateur
Amateur

I think it is almost unnecessary to point out their inappropriate decision of receiving in their home a family of 12 people (our tribe of many), which was on its trip back from holiday.

I also found the interaction between the four parents awkward, probably it's because of the camera.
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hyacinth »

Blabla_pro wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:29 am I think it is almost unnecessary to point out their inappropriate decision of receiving in their home a family of 12 people (our tribe of many), which was on its trip back from holiday.

I also found the interaction between the four parents awkward, probably it's because of the camera.
Generally I really like Our Tribe of Many, but I have been alarmed that they travelled to Florida for the Christmas/ New Year break, their family Camp David Adventures flew in as well, and that they visited the Millers on the way back to Nebraska.
SunnyV
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by SunnyV »

I have to say I absolutely LOVE Our Tribe of Many. I have been watching their FL trip and am just amazed at what a wonderful family they are. I love how much they enjoy each other and how family is so important. I love how they all crashed at her parents house playing board games and cooking together and the love and the laughter they all share is just wonderful. Those kids will remember times like these forever.

However, I was a little alarmed that otom did this during a pandemic though. I justified it by saying that since they are a homeschooling family they are probably pretty much quarantined all the time and Sara and Solo work from home ( I think they mentioned services at church were suspended but I could be wrong). and her parents probably quarantine as well so they are all probably safe. Also they drove so they avoided airports and hotels. I'm not sure about Camp David if they homeschool or not. BUT, the experts are warning us not to do EXACTLY what they did, multiple households under one roof with no masks no distancing.

When they showed up at the Millers I was also shocked. I mean I guess they were mostly outside which was good, but there were just so many people and none were wearing masks. I glanced through the comments and nobody mentioned that. All the kids were just hanging out and playing like there was no pandemic going on. Don't get me wrong, it was lovely to see children laughing and playing but again, they are doing what the experts say not to do, no distancing and no masks. I also found them to be a bit awkward around each other, but I guess it's to be expected when meeting new people.
grandmama1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by grandmama1 »

Not watched the Millers for a long time. TBH I find them a bit sickly and false. Just too good to be true. Stephens over the top talking and laughing in the background annoys me. But all to them they've worked wonders with Lincoln. Where do all these YouTubers get so much money from? Money seems to be no object to them. New houses, new furniture plus medical expenses. I'm from the UK so we don't have to worry about paying for treatment but I believe medical care in the USA is very expensive.
Breather
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Breather »

Hi,
I'm looking for the video where they apologize to Jude for what happened in their deleted video. If you don't know exactly which one but can remember the content of the video, can you describe it?
tiredofmommydrama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by tiredofmommydrama »

Breather wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:51 am Hi,
I'm looking for the video where they apologize to Jude for what happened in their deleted video. If you don't know exactly which one but can remember the content of the video, can you describe it?
Wow it looks like they deleted that video where they apologize to Jude. I remember it showing up in my recommended a few months ago so they deleted it somewhat recently. That is so weird to me. In the video They basically just apologized to Jude for Amanda snapping at him in a previous video (that they deleted) because he didn't do anything wrong and they wanted to show that they made mistakes and can own up to them. They also explained they deleted the video because it wasn't fair to Jude to leave it up.

Funny enough I remember seeing the original video where Amanda snapped at Jude before they edited and deleted it. It wasn't that bad from what I remember. Basically Amanda was driving Lincoln and Jude somewhere and Lincoln was just being a little overly active/hard to control and Amanda was getting a little stressed. I think Jude was trying to be helpful and was trying to get Lincoln's attention and than Amanda snapped at Jude and told him to stop and that he wasn't being helpful. It surprised me a little when saw it because they never showed anything that didn't paint them as "perfect" in a video before in a video so I wasn't surprised they deleted it. I remember reading the comments of the "snapping" video and it's not like they were getting hate comments for it though.

I wonder why they deleted the apology video though. That seems so random to me. LOL good catch.
Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bobthedog »

I feel for Jude and Kira and penny they seem to just blend into the background ....they are teenage kids with no life outside of watching the little kids for the parents and doing some home schooling, what teenage boy wants to be sent out to play in the garden with the little ones....it really does seem that they are all about Reece, Lincoln and Ethan...
serengetination
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by serengetination »

Bobthedog wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:54 am I feel for Jude and Kira and penny they seem to just blend into the background ....they are teenage kids with no life outside of watching the little kids for the parents and doing some home schooling, what teenage boy wants to be sent out to play in the garden with the little ones....it really does seem that they are all about Reece, Lincoln and Ethan...
Luckily, Penelope and Keira have each other (they seem closer) but Penelope always reads like she's distant from the group. I get the feeling she doesn't super fit in and is just counting down the time until she can go back to China. Poor Jude has to watch Lincoln all the time and seems kind of lonely since Liam insists on playing Legos with Ethan. Don't know if anyone else has noticed but Liam tends to imitate Ethan at times and it's a little weird
Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

Maybe he imitates Ethan because he thinks that what the parents want, the kids to stay little for ever, Liam is 12 years old and his only playmate is a five year old little boy....he should be out at school getting to know people. I think it’s even more important for kids who have been adopted from other countries to be able to really fit into the society they are now growing up in, not be closeted away in a Christian, home schooling bubble. I agree that penny looks like she is just waiting to go back to China, she did go out to school and said that she really enjoyed it. It annoys me the way that Amanda constantly speaks in that baby voice and says things like oh Jude are you helping daddy to carry the shopping etc ....ffs he’s a teenager not a toddler. I saw a question that asked them how they get Lincoln’s consent to be filmed and they snapped back with it’s more a question of how we stop him begging to be on camera....bullshit...that maybe the case but the person replied yes but he has no concept of the wider implications of being put on the internet for anybody to watch.
heather4414

Unread post by heather4414 »

They seem like a sweet family, but the way they deal with Lincoln kind of bothers me. I work with kids like him, and they are creating bad habits for the future. He’s very loving but he’s constantly kissing everybody (they’re family, I get it) shouting, and touching everything. This would not fly in a classroom. Also, I forget that he is 5! They carry him (this is very common with kids with a disability) and baby him. Obviously, they mean well and he is sweet, but he’s the center of attention all of the time, and the way they all interact with him is over the top. He can learn those things to have a quiet mouth, and to have calm hands, I mean they probably do teach him I’m sure but a lot of times they just laugh and encourage him. He needs to go to school. I really really hope they don’t homeschool him. It’ll be good for him to get out of the house and for them to have time away from him, like you would with any kid. But he’s 5 and not in school. He should be in a pre-k special ed program. I just don’t know
tiredofmommydrama
Amateur
Amateur

I really really hope for the next year they put some of these kids in school. I agree about Liam especially. He comes across as so much younger than he is. Some of that is probably do to his height but still. He's only a year and a half younger than Jude!!! His closest playmate should not be Ethan And yeah Lincoln definitely needs to be put in a special ed program. I think it will help him with socializing with other kids. He is a sweet kid but I agree that

They don't seem like those super duper fundamental Christians...they claimed the homeschooling was because some of the kids are falling behind. I can appreciate being concerned about your kids progress but these kids really don't interact much with many people. Hopefully when COVID is over they also join activities as well.
Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

I completely agree with you heather, Lincoln is progressing in many ways but socially he is still very much a toddler, shouting and screaming and running away and being the centre of attention all the time. He could be learning so much more now..he’s five not two
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hyacinth »

Bobthedog wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:08 pm I completely agree with you heather, Lincoln is progressing in many ways but socially he is still very much a toddler, shouting and screaming and running away and being the centre of attention all the time. He could be learning so much more now..he’s five not two
If I remember correctly there have been a couple of vlogs talking about looking at special needs schools, and that they have found one for him to go to? He certainly needs it - in contrast to the Knorpps though who almost totally ignore Eve's special needs, at least they genuinely adore him (although they over compensate for his needs and constantly treat him like a baby)
Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

Yes they do adore him but they do over compensate for him and Amanda’s constant talking for him annoys me...
tiredofmommydrama
Amateur
Amateur

I just knew there had to be some sort of lapse with Liam and his growth hormone injections. That boy is tiny. I guess that’s what happens when you move a lot smh. Hopefully he starts to grow more. I said earlier in this thread I had a friend who took hormone injections due to a deficiency and he grew to 5’7.

Glad Lincoln is going to preschool!
tiredofmommydrama
Amateur
Amateur

just curious is it possible for me to change the title of the thread to "The Miller Fam" since they have changed their youtube name? I've been wanting to this for awhile but didn't know how...

Return to “A-H”